Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Snow-Camp Rally is heating up! Register your team today!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Snow-Camp Rally is back - Friday 25th October 2013!

Team places still available!

Have you ever thought about completing an epic road trip, to ski or board the 5 indoor snow centres in England in a full-on 12 hours… for FREE?! Here’s your chance!

Described by Ed Leigh as “the closest thing you’ll get to the Gumball Rally in the UK”, the Snow-Camp Rally is back, and this year it’s bigger and better than ever! With a whole heap of snowsports prizes to be won, plus the chance to ride the main slope at In The Snow Live - the all new national ski show - as part of the event, you don’t want to miss this! 11 team places have already been filled so get your registrations in asap to ensure you don't miss out on one of the 9 places still up from grabs!

All details can be found at: www.snow-camp.org.uk/rally or alternatively contact Dan on dan.k@snow-camp.org.uk or call 01273 241383. Hope you can join us!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 30-07-13 9:46; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DanKeeley7 wrote:

Described by Ed Leigh as “the closest thing you’ll get to the Gumball Rally in the UK”,

So basically about being a Tw*t then? You might want a better comparative. Oh and fix the image size please.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, it also appears to be completely different to the gumball rally. For starters you couldn't enter the gumball in the VW Golf pictured in the advert, and I don't remember the gumball stopping for a bit of skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Which blood-soaked Iraqi oil field is sponsoring it this year?
If you cycled it over a long weekend, say, then I'd be more impressed.

(where did the smileys go?)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what a miserable bunch of gits! Good on you Dan I hope its a great success!! worthwhile cause keep it up
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks Iskar.

For those unaware, the Rally is one of Snow-Camp's key snowsports based fundraising events of the year raising significant funds towards our work supporting innner-city young people through the use of snowsport and life-skills programmes. Check out the short movie giving you a full overview of our work here:

http://youtube.com/v/R71lNM4b5qg.

Last year, our participants raised over £10,000 for our work and this year looks set to go 'above & beyond' once again. We're extremely fortunate to have gained the in-kind support of the 5 snow-centres in England (offering their slopes for free to our participants) to maximise the events fundraising potential, as well as the generous support from a range of partners offering a great range of prizes for the winners and top fundraisers.

Here's the video from last years Rally:

http://youtube.com/v/EovqY4DN0TE

Hope you can join us!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob wrote:
DanKeeley7 wrote:

Described by Ed Leigh as “the closest thing you’ll get to the Gumball Rally in the UK”,

So basically about being a Tw*t then?
Which is Ed Leigh's area of expertise after all.
Good cause / bad choice of spokesman.

Good luck with it Dan!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DanKeeley7, Just to be clear I've nothing against SnowCamp which is a great initiative. I do have a bit of a problem with self indulgent fundraising attempts which are more of a lark for the participants than the money actually raised but you're probably on the right side of the "sponsor me to ski the 3 Valleys for the weekend or climb Kilimajaro" type stuff and I realise you need something to raise the profile.

I do think comparing it to the Gumball is counter-productive unless you really want moneyed types breaking all sorts of laws in the name of your charity but hey ho.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob wrote:
DanKeeley7, Just to be clear I've nothing against SnowCamp which is a great initiative. I do have a bit of a problem with self indulgent fundraising attempts which are more of a lark for the participants than the money actually raised but you're probably on the right side of the "sponsor me to ski the 3 Valleys for the weekend or climb Kilimajaro" type stuff and I realise you need something to raise the profile.

I do think comparing it to the Gumball is counter-productive unless you really want moneyed types breaking all sorts of laws in the name of your charity but hey ho.

read the rules!! its not about being the fastest around, as you have to be at each snowdome/centre at a specific time, so its been quite clever in stopping the 'gumball rally' break all the speed limits type of race. it also means you can do it in a cheap Golf or even a VW camper van!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
iskar, So why refer to Gumball in your marketing and have a logo which is similar if you deliberately don't want to court the comparison or attract people on the basis it's something more exciting than it is?

That's the only thing I'm calling them out on.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Point of order - Gumball operates on pretty much the same rules. Its a timed navigation rally, you have a set distance to cover and a time which will allow you to get from start to finish comfortably within the speed limits. People who break those rules get no advantage in the event. Its about arriving at your destination at the time you're told to, NOT as quickly as possible - arrive early and you're penalised.

Thats not to say that Gumballers don't hoon it around like crazy freaks with their a-holes full of fireworks, and with that, the inevitable fall-out, as they clearly do...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy