Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings for Fischer RC4 Worldcup GS

Poster: A snowHead
I have managed to pick up a pair of brand new Fischers at an absolutely bargain price. Now I need some bindings to go with them.

The skis will be a dedicated piste ski to complement my Whitedot Preachers.

What would people here recommend?

FYI- I am 29, male and around 62kg. With 10 weeks + a full season ski experience. The skis are actually the junior variant (155cm) but as I am only 169 I do not see that as an issue.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scski, Junior skis........... bargain price............. complement WD's??? Yikes, best of luck.

btw............ what length?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
155cm

To be honest I did not realise they were the junior version until I was home. I just saw 250 down to 50, and had a bit of a mental block on all else.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where did you get them from? My son could do with a pair of GS's.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow and Rock at Hemel dome. My girlfriend and I were there for the skill clinic last weekend and on the way out I saw them on the rack. Unfortunately they seemed to be the last pair.

Did not realise there was any other skiers here in Hitchin.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Install Quiver Killer inserts in your Preachers & Fischers & share your existing bindings across both pairs of skis. Depending on the make/model of your bindings you might need a pair of narrower brake levers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, He would need to check whether the plates on the Fischers are thick enough to take inserts for adult bindings, that length is probably aimed at 12-13 yo kids.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scski wrote:
Snow and Rock at Hemel dome. My girlfriend and I were there for the skill clinic last weekend and on the way out I saw them on the rack. Unfortunately they seemed to be the last pair.

Did not realise there was any other skiers here in Hitchin.

There are a few of us around. I'll be at Hemel tomorrow coaching/teaching.

I've seen the very pair when I come in the proper entrance when I am teaching there.

Got my eyes on one of the other pairs in that very rack; I do however have far too many pairs of skis and just got a pair of Head iSpeeds, so I do not really need any more cheater GS skis!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scski wrote:
155cm

To be honest I did not realise they were the junior version until I was home. I just saw 250 down to 50, and had a bit of a mental block on all else.

Puzzled

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 16-07-13 16:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs, I've done at least half a dozen installations in to that plate previously.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon wrote:
rjs, I've done at least half a dozen installations in to that plate previously.

On that length of ski ? I'm fairly sure the plates are thinner on some of the shorter Fischer jr skis.

I would say that the skis are far too short.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjs, as I say I've done it before many times. Here's how:

- mark the binding hole locations on the plate with the binding jig
- remove plate from ski
- pilot drill right though plate
- QK drill right through plate
- Tap holes for QK inserts right through the plate
- Apply epoxy to holes
- Install QK inserts with top edge flush/tad below the top surface of the plate
- Leave to cure
- File/grind off the slight protrudence of the insert on the bottom face of the plate
- Re-install plates on skis

You can grind/shorten a QK insert by just over a millimetre before you break through into the internal thread however when the inserts are installed in a plate (as opposed to
within the core of the ski) it does not need to be sealed from water ingress. Furthermore, a QK binding screw only protrudes from the base of the binding by 4.5-5.5mm compared
to the 7mm of a conventional junior binding screw or the 9mm of a conventional adult binding screw so there's no problem using them in the thinner plate.

The QK inserts are great in plastic/phenolic plates but it's even easier for aluminium plates as I simply drill & tap the holes for the M5 thread of the QK mounting screws. What I've also
done on numerous occasions for racers is to install multiple inserts to allow for fore/aft adjustment of the bindings to fine tune the balance point etc.

Simples! NehNeh wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rjs wrote:

I would say that the skis are far too short.

Exactly my point. Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
spyderjon
Not sure that QK would be the way forward given that the Whitedots are mounted with Tyrolia Adrenalins.

Here is a pic of the skis
[img]IMG_20130714_104649[/img]
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
scski, They are the 2007 model.

You may have a case for taking them back, did the salesperson say anything like "how old is your kid" ?
snow report
scski wrote:
.....Not sure that QK would be the way forward given that the Whitedots are mounted with Tyrolia Adrenalins

That's not a problem as any binding can utilise the QK system.

The pic you'd previously posted showed the newer undrilled plate & the plate in your pic looks like it's pre-drilled. If it's is then it should be drilled for Fischer bindings which are rebadged Tyrolia's so that'd be perfect. If it's not drilled for Tyrolia's then you're snookered for QK's unless you exchanged the plates or removed the plates & used riser shims under the bindings.

If you're 169cm/62kg I'd expect your BSL/mounting length will be ok for the plate but that's simple enough to check.
snow report
scski, oooooooooopppppppssss .................. kiddie skis.

Sorry to be a pooper, but................... Shocked
snow report
scski wrote:
I have managed to pick up a pair of brand new Fischers at an absolutely bargain price. Now I need some bindings to go with them.

The skis will be a dedicated piste ski to complement my Whitedot Preachers.

What would people here recommend?

FYI- I am 29, male and around 62kg. With 10 weeks + a full season ski experience. The skis are actually the junior variant (155cm) but as I am only 169 I do not see that as an issue.

I recommend you take them back, they are for the U14s!
snow report
Or buy some s/h bindings and put them on ebay in late October.
However, they may also be a decent piste ski for a light unpretentious skier.
latest report
If you do take them back; let me know; I might pop in afterwards and see if they will do a deal :- )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy