Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flexiskates – a new sport simulating skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new sport simulating skiing on pavement on Kickstarter
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/334995323/flexiskates
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Please don't post duplicate topics, it's spammy.

2. Read this: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=100221

3. I looked at your link - there are some mentions of skiing right at the top, but then you spend most of the rest going on about rollerblades vs roller skis. This is a ski forum, so come on then, what in skiing does it simulate?
- carving, skidded turns?
- How steep a 'slope' have you tried them on?
- How do you stop? Looks like rollerblade brakes to me, can you hockey stop?

4. What is your target market? Race skiers needing a training tool? Recreational skiers who might play with it in the summer? Any kids looking for a new toy?

5. You've put it on kickstarter, so you're looking for investors - who else did you approach first, and when did you learn/change from it? (Putting this info on kickstarter would make you look much more serious)

6. The price point you mentioned seems far too high?! Who would pay this, and why?

FWIW this does look more interesting than "rollercarving" to me - at least a little more fun. I wouldn't mind a quick play with them, but I wouldn't pay that price.

P.S. some extra niggly comments on your link, because I'm bored:
- Your link says inline skates aren't easy to turn but rollerskates are? Really? I've never had a problem turning inline skates...
- What on earth is 'pre-loading'? - you never mention it again.
- If you're going to offer 'kit' for smaller investments, you need a cooler name/tag than 'flexiskates' - I'd never want to be seen in public with that on a t-shirt.

Anyway, good luck Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fixx, It's a different product, so having its own thread is perfectly justified.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rogg, I know it's not a duplicate of rollercarvers or whatever they are - the OP posted exactly the same post here and in the equipment board Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
complete crock of crap
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like the look of these - nice concept and application. The team seems to have an appropriate skill set. and the pitch on Kickstarter is detailed and professional.

They are a bit like the Harb Carver (which also has paired skate wheels), but with quite sophisticated geometry. I've not tried the Harbs, but there is convincing testimonial for them - and I can see the Flexiskates working well.

The target price is high - hard to see that being realistic - and the funding target on Kickstarter is highly ambitious. Shocked

Good luck to them though - maybe we'll all be skating around on these in a few years
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know I'm a grumpy old fart, but watching the guy try them out they just don't look like much fun.

I can't help feeling the rolling resistance will be massively increased making them far slower than inline skates. Anyway, as I haven't got a mountain near me (or a bus to transport me back up) then ........"I'm out".

BTW, what happened to inline skating. You used to see people doing it everywhere and then it just seemed to fade away. Do people still do it as much as ever?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can't see much advantage over inline skates but A LOT more complication. Sounds a bit like the Twin Parabolic Ski:

I don't believe this got beyond the working prototype stage.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
USD299 each seems very expensive - but then I have no idea how much normal roller skates / inline skates cost. Price may be a barrier to greater takeup.
I do think the presentation/business plan is well thought out and nicely written.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy