Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling folk interested in BASI training, Level 1 or 2....

Poster: A snowHead
I have just gotten confirmation that our good friends at Ski Hame are offering a 20% discount on accommodation for the Meribel course details here

Only 4 spots left on the Meribel course
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Scott / Rob

Having looked at the IO Website, the price seems to have gone up from £299 to £698. Am I missing something?

Ta

A
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
abd, It's always been and still is £299 for the training, accom, lift pass etc was never included, but Scott has got a good deal on the accom.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not butting in butt...
I think
£299 = training/tuition only
The £399 remainder is Accommodation,transfers option with Hame in Meribel.

Its then up to you to organise Flights, Ski Pass & Equipment as these are not included.
Although pass & skis can be arranged by Hame too.

Scott will correct if I'm wrong
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski Thanks for pointing out that it was including accom & transfers etc (doh me). As I said, I was suspected I was missing something!
franzklammer you're not butting in Very Happy

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 29-07-13 13:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So, if I wanted to turn this into 2 weeks of training (more efficient for the travelling to go less times but for longer) by tacking on an extra week, any suggestions / ideas?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abd, The course in January is for people who participated in our Instructor FastTrack sessions this summer and / or for those who already have an instructor license (BASI L1 SSE CASI etc) Have you done any professional development courses ? if not perhaps you could look at one of our other coaching holidays that may be more applicable.

We have a female looking for a roomshare if that is applicable to yourself (or anyone else reading)

Be an idea to join our mailing list so you get up to date details, we send these out roughly monthly

We originally hadn't planned on offering a package with accommodation but we have secured a corking deal so will do for this year and the following seasons. All details on the course and accommodation are now live on our site.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, I'm planning on doing my L1 at the beginning of September at Castleford.

I'm open to the idea of sharing with your female student, however my wife might not be quite so keen. wink

I've signed up to your mailing list.

Thanks

A
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
abd, good luck at Castleford and be good to have you along in January. only 3 or four spots left so I wouldnt leave it too long.... wasnt sure if you are a he or she
wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret no worries. Any ideas of how best to turn it into 2 weeks of training?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
abd, ask the marmalade guys???
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
abd, just had another booking for the Meribel trip, this guy is doing our FastTrack indoors and then his L1 in Oct. there is an L2 course directly following our performance training week in January in Chatel. 27/01/2014 - 07/02/2014

If your skill level is up to it and you are able to get the teaching hours in may be an idea to book your L2 directly after. This guy is looking for a roomy as well snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, good close! and thanks for the info. I'm almost certainly not at the standard, but thinking about the possibility of doing a L2 to help me get there ie use it as training as opposed to expecting to pass. Is this sensible?

I think / hope I should be able to get 70 hours shadowing in between the beginning of September and early January. Does this seem realistic to all of you?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
definitely possible to get your shadowing done that time of year if you are committed. Contact Si Wilkinson at Castleford, he is the head of ski school there and be good to go through your plans with him, get your face known and to get in early on the shadowing ladder to ensure your hours. He could also have a look at your skiing and perhaps suggest some training. Plenty of people do their L1 and L2 in a season but not all get through, you will need to be able to make changes during the two weeks and if you go in eyes open that worst case you will have had two great weeks of training go for it but lots get dejected after failing and it can be stressful as it is an exam as well as a training opportunity. START NOW with your training if you are considering L2 and get in the gym, three weeks hard skiing will need a good level of fitness. I did my L2 with Si back in the day and tell him Scott the tall yank sent you...

and / or post some video here and we can have a gander....
ski holidays
Scott, thanks.

I know Si well & have had various instruction from him, the most recent was at the end of May; a full day's 1:1. Unfortunately, he's been promoted and is now down in MK but have messaged him via facebook re catching up.

I've actually done / doing quite a lot of what you suggest:

a) I'm really quite fit: I do long adventure races (eg last summer I did a 5 day non-stop race in the Highlands - covered 650k on mountain bikes, running and canoes with ~5 hours sleep), in May I did a Bob Graham Round - a 70m run in the Lake District covering 42 mountains and involving 28,000' of vertical. I run pretty much every day, so the fitness doesn't scare me.

b) I'm regularly doing race training at Castleford as a means to improve my all round technique and thats paying dividends.

I'm going to try and get some video shot to put up here as soon as I can.

Thanks again
snow report
abd, 7 hours a week, 5 days a week, means shadowing all done!!

A young lad did that on my wife's L1 then passed his L2 Dec in Val D'Isere

Can you share info on the race training at Cas??

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
Greg - I'll message you
snow report
kitenski, Every Tuesday night at 7pm with Lee Cosham. I've now got over the fact that its me and a bunch of 10-15 year olds all who are better than me Toofy Grin

Actually the last time I went, there was at least another adult. Teaching me not to take myself too seriously.
ski holidays
abd, sounds great man, I would think serious about doing the L2 then if you could get the three weeks off...

We had another booking yesterday and have two places left on the Jan course.
ski holidays
skimottaret, good news on the course then, I'm all booked and paid for accom and flights now Smile
snow report
kitenski,
👍🎿 Cool
ski holidays
only one more space available on this course....
ski holidays
Course now fully booked for both the Inside and Out sessions in Meribel. We will definitely be running this again next summer and if you would like to be added to the mailing list please PM me. Also depending on demand we may get BASI to run an L1 directly after our performance week in Meribel but that would be numbers dependent. If we could get a decent size training group together would be a great way to do the L1 course.
latest report
Great news, glad to see it's taken off as a concept!
ski holidays
we may have a place on this course as one person could be dropping out, pm me for details
ski holidays
skimottaret, Did ya fill the place?
snow conditions
franzClammer, yes, we filled the place, with another on the waiting list. To be honest I don't think this week would have been suitable for you in terms of where your skiing is at the moment. If you are looking for another week of training in the Alps our Season Opener in Meribel (7-14 December) might be an option (we have 1 place left on that course) or some more lessons with Marmalade if you are heading back to the Trois Vallees at any point during the winter.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing Laughing
Rob, firstly thanks for being honest.
I wasn't really looking to come myself. I've reassessed my standards quite brutally in my head & found them wanting
I would be seriously deluded if I thought I was at the standard of the other participants.
My querie was more out of nosiness as the thread wasn't updated.
I am satisfied that the 3 days in Tignes and a week with My Dalek 14-22 Dec will suffice for this side of Xmas, hence I can't do the Season Opener, no worries though, at least I can reinforce the good stuff I've learnt and discard the bad habits.
Have a good day
latest report
franzClammer, sorry to misunderstand your question. Yes, plenty of interest in our Instructor FastTrack 2013 programme, with the sessions at Hemel and the training week in Meribel being fully booked. Already have a few enquiries for the 2014 programme, so that will start at Hemel some time early summer.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Already have a few enquiries for the 2014 programme, so that will start at Hemel some time early summer.

Now ^^ This is of more interest for moi, if I continue to improve enough during this season, I'll def be up for it next time.
I've spoken to Marmalade already re this winter, cheers again
I'm off to Hemel later to "let it flow" snowHead
ski holidays
I'm really looking forward to this, a great chance for some hard work without the stress of a pass/fail
snow report
rob@rar, I couldn't manage the time for this year's course, but if you're running it again next year I'd love to do it.
latest report
Maireadoconnor, we'll be running one or two groups next year, depending on the interest. Almost certain to be a training group at Hemel over the summer and autumn months, plus the option of a week of focused BASI training in Meribel in January or more general performance training in the Italian Dolomites. We don't have exact dates yet, but we'll send them to our mailing list in the new year so you'll see the details then. be great to have you join the FastTrack group for 2014 Happy

kitenski, it should be fun. I'm with Del in December so I'll make sure that he's well briefed and has some 'special' things for you to do wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy