Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rules for entry into Austria post 25 December

Poster: A snowHead
Wow that’s surprising- the rules clearly state 16/17 need 2 jabs plus booster!!

Thanks for the info
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@neilkav, the definitive rule for entry is teenagers born before 1 September 2006 require 2jabs plus a booster plus PCR test. Born after that date and 12 and over requires use of Ninja pass. It is my understanding but can’t guarantee it but proof of recovery is also acceptable and doesn’t require a PCR test. (See Austria.info)

You are quite correct about minimum of 120 days after 2nd Jab is the Austrian Governments definition of boosted.

I will also add that what one border policeman lets in doesn’t necessarily mean and sets a precedent for another officer!!!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 28-12-21 13:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like entry to Salzburg at Christmas was a lot easier than Innsbruck.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Has this been posted already?

“Austria's Innsbruck airport denies 110 Britons entry over new Covid rules”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59808620

Sounds a bit dramatic and shambolic especially on easyJet’s part in not checking before boarding and the various Austrian websites discrepancies (which I think has been pointed out here?)

But it mentions that some had older tests (than even the old 72 hours limit?) or no booster, so I wonder how many didn’t even meet those criteria.

Also why were some still able to get in after doing in-situ PCRs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, A translation from a Austrian newspaper was posted yesterday :: I did wonder if it was the lack of booster rather than lack of PCR which lead to refused entry
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ster, @Ghost Dog, and all other SH.
When I started this thread I asked for posters to keep posts to the the regulations set by the Austrian Government so that all can benefit from the legal facts. The aim is to provide as clear as possible the facts to help all gain safe entry into Austria. I am grateful to most posters so far for keeping the thread clear from commentary and speculation on the situation. Whilst the experiences of SH’s at the airports may appear to be helpful it doesn’t necessarily provide certainty about entry requirements.

I would ask all to keep the the thread on track so that SH’s can get as much certainty about what the rules are.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surely people’s experiences who have travelled to Austria and gained entry are helpful for the thread
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Someone going by car from Munich or somewhere in Germany to Austria? I would like to know how the police controls in the borders are. If there are any......
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jimmole wrote:
@ster, @Ghost Dog, and all other SH.
When I started this thread I asked for posters to keep posts to the the regulations set by the Austrian Government so that all can benefit from the legal facts. The aim is to provide as clear as possible the facts to help all gain safe entry into Austria. I am grateful to most posters so far for keeping the thread clear from commentary and speculation on the situation. Whilst the experiences of SH’s at the airports may appear to be helpful it doesn’t necessarily provide certainty about entry requirements.

I would ask all to keep the the thread on track so that SH’s can get as much certainty about what the rules are.

Real life experience of how the rules are being implemented surely helpful. Apologies if not but hardly as thread hijacking as comments about Brexit and Boris’s incompetence Eh oh!
Possibly we were lucky but as a party we were lucky twice at 2 different airports.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ster, @albob, the majority were turned away for PCR tests being out of date / time. Some were only just over but in Austria the rules will be followed to the letter, if you are 10 mins over you will be denied entry so don't chance it. There were also some families with children that were ultimately allowed entry so these must have been problems with Ninja pass.
There has been blame laid at the door of various government departments for not updating their websites in a timely manner so in fairness airlines and tour operators stood no chance.
@Jimmole, you can try and keep your thread on your perceived track all you want but ultimately it is nothing but a distraction from the post that all of the locals who are trying to help are posting on. There have already been duplicate posts across 2 or 3 different threads that does nothing to help with keeping all of the facts in one place and relatively easily accessible.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sgiuliano, how do you plan to get to Munich? Exit from the airport for non German citizens / residents who have been in the UK is currently prohibited, you wont make it past passport control. If you are already in Germany then no issue to drive to Austria if you comply with the 2G regulations, unlikely anyone will check at the border.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Chris_n, which of the many, three? threads relating to Travel to Austria would you recommend as the “one that all of the locals who are trying to help are posting on”
Just one would be great, I find myself getting waylaid amongst lots of experience posts etc.
Thanks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jimmole wrote:
@neilkav,

You are quite correct about minimum of 120 days after 2nd Jab is the Austrian Governments definition of boosted.

Hi there I’m still not clear on this see below from gov.co.uk which seems to suggest that ‘if’ booster was 120 days or more after second jab that it must not have been more than 270 days before arrival, so does that mean that the 120 days between second and booster doesn’t matter?

Vaccination validity
For single-shot vaccines (e.g. Johnson & Johnson), you must show that you received the vaccine more than 21 but no more than 270 days before arrival.
For double-shot vaccines (e.g. AstraZeneca, Moderna), you must show that you received the second injection no more than 270 days before arrival.
If you received a booster more than 120 days after being fully immunised, this must not have been more than 270 days before arrival.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Pamski, this one: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&start=6080

And I shall reply to @neilkav over there too so as not to incur the wrath of the op who thinks they can control the internet rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarlet wrote:
@Pamski, this one: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&start=6080

And I shall reply to @neilkav over there too so as not to incur the wrath of the op who thinks they can control the internet rolling eyes

Thanks Scarlet, this is so confusing!!!
snow report
@Scarlet, thank you. I will look at that one in first instance,
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
@sgiuliano, how do you plan to get to Munich? Exit from the airport for non German citizens / residents who have been in the UK is currently prohibited, you wont make it past passport control. If you are already in Germany then no issue to drive to Austria if you comply with the 2G regulations, unlikely anyone will check at the border.

I'm from Denmark, by the moment Germany consider it as a high risk country (not variant) snowHead
snow conditions
@sgiuliano, Travel is allowed from EU member states

"..In principle, entry is possible from:

EU member states
states associated with Schengen: Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein..."

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/visa-service/EinreiseUndAufenthalt

===== edit ====

I may have misinterpreted that (other rules could apply - do you own research!)
ski holidays
@neilkav, you are quoting from gov.uk and this doesn’t apply to Austria. If you are entering Austria you are obliged to follow their rules.

The following is a quote from the official ministry in Austria https://broschuerenservice.sozialministerium.at/Home/Download?publicationId=845 on page 3

“For all persons aged 18 and above, a third vaccine can be given after four months and should be given from 6 months after receiving the second vaccine”
snow report
@Jimmole, and you are quoting from a vaccine promotional publication that has got nothing to do with entry requirements.
snow report
@Chris_n, I appreciate that you are a local and wish to help people understand the regulations. If you take time to read the first two pages of this thread you will see how many have contributed positively especially munich_irish and DidierCouch to mention a couple.

I reiterate that the aim of the thread is to provide clear guidance on what is required to enter Austria from the Austrian legal regulations. This will allow SH’s to make clear judgements on travel.

Whilst peoples experiences vary at the border is irrelevant because the police may not enforce the rules, those that don’t comply will have no complaint if they get turned back.

By the way I am looking forward to visiting Niederau on 8th Jan
snow report
Jimmole wrote:
@Chris_n,.

By the way I am looking forward to visiting Niederau on 8th Jan

I'm sure they're looking forward to your arrival Smile
latest report
@facedown, spot on I'm sorry that the original poster thought that starting a thread to get rid of the noise and focus simply on the rules was worthwhile.

It should be but in reality the events didn't seem to follow the rules and I for one posted so that others in a similar predicament might gleen an inkling of what may lie ahead.

Things may ease following the Christmas getaway but I found others posting on here with real experiences more worthwhile than some update on rules that were being dealt with inconsistently
latest report
Uncle Rico wrote:

Things may ease following the Christmas getaway but I found others posting on here with real experiences more worthwhile than some update on rules that were being dealt with inconsistently

I guess the best scenario is to have both “the rules” so we know in advance if we are compliant (just in case officialdom decides to stick to the letter of the law) and also real-life experiences so we’re not caught out.
I think threads like this one provide both so I’m happy with them.
snow conditions
Salzburg on26th dec was easy ba thoroughly checked all had 48 hour pcr and 3 jabs boarder control checked everyone’s documents with passports all very straightforward
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy