Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rules for entry into Austria post 25 December

Poster: A snowHead
backhojo wrote:
ntry from Angola, Botswana, , Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, , , South Africa, United Kingdom, Zambia and Zimbabwe
a. Entry from one of these states or areas and the entry of persons who have been in one of these states or areas within the last 10 days is prohibited.

point 5 states we are not allowed entry from the uk ??????

Exemptions referred to

xviii. persons who have evidence according to point 1.d.iv and (a medical
certificate of) a negative PCR-/LAMP-/TMA-test result (max. 48 h).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the exemption list at point 5 is this

"foreigners, if they have a photo ID according to § 5 of the Official Seat Act - ASG,"

Seems to me if you have a complying document you might not need a PCR? (or am I reading it wrong..)

Point 5 starts like this

"Entry from Angola, Botswana, Denmark, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi,
Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, United Kingdom,
Zambia and Zimbabwe
a. Entry from one of these states or areas and the entry of persons who have
been in one of these states or areas within the last 10 days is prohibited.
b. This does not apply to:..."

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 24-12-21 11:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok so it says

5. Entry from Angola, Botswana, , Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, , , South Africa, United Kingdom, Zambia and Zimbabwe
a. Entry from one of these states or areas and the entry of persons who have been in one of these states or areas within the last 10 days is prohibited.
b. This does not apply to:
i. Austrian citizens, EU-/EEA-citizens and people who live with them in
the same household,

….
c. Persons mentioned at point b.i - b.xvii have to carry proof of vaccination or recovery AND additionally a negative test result or a medical certificate for the mentioned evidence, to register and immediately to commence a ten- day quarantine. The quarantine is deemed to have ended if a further test with a negative result is carried out on the fifth day after entry at the earliest. This does not apply to persons according point b.xviii.
….
So no difference from all UK residents!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry crossed posts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Doccam, Ahh...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
still unclear about proof of recovery. does this replace booster. my son is double vaxed and currently recovering so will not have a booster in time, but will probably be able to get recovery certificate. seems to imply that this only exempts him from pcr test but still needs a booster to get in ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@backhojo, Our tour op in Ireland assured me yesterday that they were accepting the recover cert in place of the booster.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chick wrote:
@backhojo, Our tour op in Ireland assured me yesterday that they were accepting the recover cert in place of the booster.

Don’t think so, my son is recovered and is getting a PCR
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Doccam wrote:
Ok so it says

5. Entry from Angola, Botswana, , Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, , , South Africa, United Kingdom, Zambia and Zimbabwe
b. This does not apply to:
i. Austrian citizens, EU-/EEA-citizens and people who live with them in
the same household,

….
c. Persons mentioned at point b.i - b.xvii have to carry proof of vaccination or recovery AND additionally a negative test result or a medical certificate for the mentioned evidence, to register and immediately to commence a ten- day quarantine. The quarantine is deemed to have ended if a further test with a negative result is carried out on the fifth day after entry at the earliest. This does not apply to persons according point b.xviii.
….
So no difference from all UK residents!

So the key thing in this latest update is a need for a medically certified 48 hour negative PCR/LAMP.

Seems to overrule some of the other points, which is at least a bit clearer. All the other requirements around 2G certification will still be needed for entry to ski lifts, hotels and so on.

I wonder if skiing can be classified as "in the imperative interest of the Republic of Austria"?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Chick, if you live in the Republic of Ireland and will be travelling directly to Austria clause 4 applies to you. Clause 5 and the exceptions there apply only to citizens of the 14 countries mentioned plus anyone who has been in one of those countries in the last 10 days.
The key clause for the 14 countries is 5.b.xviii which requires PCR test no more than 48hrs before arrival in addition to point 1.d.iv
1.d.iv requires a booster.

Clause 2 also requires all entrants to register on line before entry. I think that might give a clue to what is acceptable. Unfortunately the online form doesn’t seem to have been updated with the new regulations.

I agree with@backhojo, that proof of recovery isn’t clear in the new regulations but they seem to imply PCR is mandatory for all. See 4.a
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quick q - section 12b for “minors” age 6-15 says that either a PCR (72 hour) or antigen (48 hour) is acceptable. Thinking of getting the antigen for our recently recovered 13 yr old for next week - anyone have any thoughts on whether this is ok?

(Posting here now that I have found this thread in addition to the longer Austria entry thread. Apologies for repetition).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@2waterford, We will see in a few days time as they have 2 flights departing this week. She was saying that the info that they have from Austrian govt is that 2 jabs and a recovery dont need a PCR at the moment but this might change after today's case numbers of over 11000 and we could be added to the list soon.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Chick, I'm assuming that you are both ( @2waterford )referring to Irish residents travelling to Austria.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The UK government website has been updated with the entry requirements from tomorrow.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@radar, Yea both from Ireland.
ski holidays
The Austria "Entry Regulations" page on the tourism website has changed to say that teenagers born before 1st September 2006 also need a booster.

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

Rules for children and teenagers:
"For teenagers born before 1 September 2006, the "2-G+" rule (proof of full vaccination/recovery AND PCR test OR booster) applies. Please be aware that teenagers (born before 1 September 2006) arriving from the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Denmark or Norway (virus variant countries) different rules apply from 25th December. They need to be fully vaccinated (2 jabs) AND have received the 3rd booster jab. They also need a negative PCR test (valid 48 hours) to enter Austria."

I think that clearly rules our 17 year old out, even though she's double vaccinated.
ski holidays
@spapcat, Sorry, I've just seen your reply to my post this morning , by fully vaccinated they mean with the booster. Sad
ski holidays
Utterly shocking. How they can finally clarify at 4pm on Christmas eve that 16 and 17 year olds are excluded. The day before the new rules come into place.
Now having a family debate about what to do. I never expected to be put in this position.
latest report
Jimmole wrote:
@Chick, if you live in the Republic of Ireland and will be travelling directly to Austria clause 4 applies to you. Clause 5 and the exceptions there apply only to citizens of the 14 countries mentioned plus anyone who has been in one of those countries in the last 10 days.
The key clause for the 14 countries is 5.b.xviii which requires PCR test no more than 48hrs before arrival in addition to point 1.d.iv
1.d.iv requires a booster.

Clause 2 also requires all entrants to register on line before entry. I think that might give a clue to what is acceptable. Unfortunately the online form doesn’t seem to have been updated with the new regulations.

I agree with@backhojo, that proof of recovery isn’t clear in the new regulations but they seem to imply PCR is mandatory for all. See 4.a

and here is the problem...if you take a PCR within 90 days of having the virus you are very likely to test positive. i am also interpreting it that you need 3 jabs and a PCR regardless of recovered status, i am just pleased we dont have anything booked ...came over to the idea of austria after france become impossible. now I am off to look at italy as that is potentially easier. with a partially vax teeneager and a non boosted, covid recovering adult son its proving very tricky to work out what to do...and scotland is pants so thats not an option !
snow report
one major flaw in all of this that no has mentioned yet is that PCR test still pick up the Covid 19 gene for up to 90 days AFTER primary infection!
snow conditions
@enduroaid, Uhm, I have a number of times. It's not the gene by the way, it is dead covid virus cells in the nasel passages or on the back of the throat. A subsequent Serology test proves that you have anti-bodies and not the virus, but that's simply not feasible at scale.

Albob's post below beat me to the next bit of info! Laughing

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 24-12-21 19:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
The Austrian entry/declaration form says this about 'recovery'

"..Furthermore, this is to certify the presence of the following requirements:
- At least 14 days have passed since the first detection of SARS-CoV-2 respectively the beginning
of the symptoms.
- There have been no symptoms for at least 48 hours.
- By now it can be assumed based on medical laboratory findings, that despite the presence of a
positive molecular biological test result, there is currently no risk of infection..."

Last sentence is relevant re the 90 days..

===== as all ways - this is my interpretation and I could be wrong..! ====
ski holidays
spapcat wrote:
The Austria "Entry Regulations" page on the tourism website has changed to say that teenagers born before 1st September 2006 also need a booster.

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

Rules for children and teenagers:
"For teenagers born before 1 September 2006, the "2-G+" rule (proof of full vaccination/recovery AND PCR test OR booster) applies. Please be aware that teenagers (born before 1 September 2006) arriving from the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Denmark or Norway (virus variant countries) different rules apply from 25th December. They need to be fully vaccinated (2 jabs) AND have received the 3rd booster jab. They also need a negative PCR test (valid 48 hours) to enter Austria."

I think that clearly rules our 17 year old out, even though she's double vaccinated.

That’s really bad news spapcat. Rules out 4 of our party for Sunday- after PCRs x2!
latest report
Just read it. Still ambivalent and suggests proof of recovery still possibly acceptable.
Is a complete mess. Our hotel still thinks it’s 72hrs PCR!
snow conditions
@backhojo, Ireland is not on the list yet so no Pcr necessary with 3 jabs.
snow report
The following paragraph is from the Austrian Embassy web site and seems to clarify the position of recovered people. Appendix H and I are the forms that need to be completed in German and English.

https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/

“The obligation to present a negative test result or a medical certificate of a negative test result for people does not apply, if a medical certificate according to appendix H or Appendix I can be presented, that meets the following requirements:

proof of an infection with SARS-CoV-2 that occurred within the last 90 days and ended at the time the certificate was issued;

the certificate was issued not earlier than 14 days after the initial detection or the onset of symptoms,

you have not had any symptoms at least 48 hours before the certificate was issued and have a confirmation that, despite the presence of a positive test result for
SARS- CoV-2, based on the medical laboratory findings, it can be assumed that there is no longer any risk of infection.”
latest report
Austrian Tourist Board website states need 120 days hap between 2nd jab and booster an Embassy in London have emailed me to confirm. So no Austria with family this year, switching to Corvara.
ski holidays
Merry Christmas all - I’m really sorry as I’m sure this has been posted here already but what are the entry requirements for an unvaccinated 14Y old (only 1 shot received but in possession of an EU digital recovery certificate)? Thank you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone know if I need to complete pre travel clearance form travelling tomorrow got the pcr x 4 2 adults had booster kids proof recovery?
ski holidays
Anyone know if I need to complete pre travel clearance form travelling tomorrow got the pcr x 4 2 adults had booster kids proof recovery?
latest report
@JDgoesskiing, finally just checked in our party of 11 reduced to 2 due to this week's shenanigans.

To answer your question we filled it in takes no time but it said we didn't have to register as we passed the criteria just need to present the jabs and pcr codes on arrival

Good luck
snow conditions
Thought this might be of interest

@enduroaid, wrote:
So has anyone managed to get through with 3 jabs and a proof of recovery?

We’re due out middle of January and my other half is just getting over covid, she will be past the 14 days so will be ok with a proof of recovery certificate but she will likely fail a pcr test given how recently she had it

We have one of our party in a similar situation, looking at the Embassy website, my reading of it is that you can enter but need to complete the Appendix H/I form, it’s the same form in German and English. https://www.bmeia.gv.at/fileadmin/user_upload/Vertretungen/London/Dokumente/Anlage_I_23.12.2021.pdf

They will get their booster 7 days before we leave, but would still be possitive as they came out of quarantine late December and we travel the second weekend in January

Austrian Embassy: https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 27-12-21 16:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
This post ^ highlights the reason why starting yet another new thread on the same subject is a pointless exercise. Copied directly from the original.
ski holidays
@Chris_n, yep
latest report
Are Austrian Children over 12 treble jabbed
snow report
No, but they aren't coming from a virus variant country. Once children are here the same rules apply as locals.
latest report
@2waterford, this may help explain the position of Austrian Children with regards to entry to restaurants, shops etc.

“ There are no admission/testing rules for children aged 5 and under, but those aged 6 and over are tested at school 3x weekly and receive a "Ninja Pass" which is accepted as proof of entry outside school. For children aged 12-15 years old, the 2.5G rule applies (vaccinated, recovered, PCR tested) for weekend activities. After compulsory schooling ends (around 15), the same regulations apply to adolescents as adults.”

The source is a document in the BMJ https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2571/rr-4 which gives break down of the rules back to May21.
I think the above is consistent with the rules for visitors children with respect to the ninja pass and the way 16 and 17 year olds are treated like adults.
It also seems to imply that recovered for 12 to 15 year olds may satisfy the 2G rule for tourists if they have the correct documents mentioned in my post above.
snow conditions
@Jimmole, @Chris_n,

Makes sense, tbh my youngest is now 20 so haven’t paid massive attention to 12/15 vaccine rollout, our booster campaign was slow to get going in Ireland and was just wondering were 12+ getting boostered in Austria.
snow conditions
Can anyone confirm as we're exhausted trying to clarify….

16 year old double jabbed if he was to get booster 10 weeks after second jab (if we can swing that with GP) just before travel that he would be allowed entry? Have read somewhere that Austrian rules state that booster must be 120 days after second jab?
snow report
All our teenagers got through. One jab and covid recovery for my 17yo. 2jabs for one of the others. One group had 48hrs +20mins on their PCR test by the time they got to customs but we’re ok but at another airport customs officials were looking at wrist watches for the precise time so it’s a bit hit and miss.
Slightly surprised but delighted we all got in.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy