Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Tiddles wrote:
Fridge03 wrote:
puplett wrote:
Jet2 have just refunded my flights to Chambery on 15 January. Make of that what you will.

On the flip side of that, I’ve just had an email from skiline saying they expect France to open up on the 15th and are offering bookings to fly out Saturday….

Jet2 website still offering flights to buy to Chambery and Lyon for 15th Jan.

Make of that what you will too !!!

very confusing

Well I have a flight with Jet2 to Chambery on Saturday 15th and I'm still being asked to check in. It's also still scheduled to arrive on the Chambery Airport site.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just a quick bit of feedback from VT.
We arrived in Grenoble from Dublin on Saturday.
Cert was scanned in the airport and transfer to resort via bus as normal. Wear the mask.
Checked into air bnb all normal.
First day on the slope on Sunday and was prepared with usual buff but also medical mask in pocket, cert in pocket and ID to verify.
Not asked once on Sunday or Monday for cert on lifts. Didn't see anybody checking.
Was asked for cert yesterday at a burger bar.
Tbh, we've not gone into any bars as we're really trying to avoid people and just doing the food shop mostly.
It's pretty quiet around and there are zero lift queues.
Delighted to get to the slopes with 2 years to the month since we stretched the legs.
Hopefully the rest of you will get your chance.
So much accommodation available and very cheap too. A bargain if you can get out here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Article in The Times re European rugby seems to suggest there is a French gov meeting tonight re quarantine and restrictions. Could (a) be wrong and if right could (b) be specifically about rugby but eyes peeled!

English clubs may boycott their European
fixtures this weekend if the French
government continues to insist that teams isolate for 48 hours in the country beforethey play.

Newcastle Falcons are scheduled to play
away to Biarritz in the European Challenge Cup on Friday, before Bath travel to La Rochelle in the Heineken Champions Cup on Saturday and Sale face Clermont Auvergne
24 hours later. However, The Times
understands that all those fixtures are under threat.
The French government has granted
exemptions for the matches to be played, as the clubs are deemed to be "in pursuit of an economic activity", but at present the rules state that sides would need to isolate for two days before their matches.
If that regulation is relaxed, teams would be happy to travel, but that is uncertain at the moment before a government meeting set for tonight.”

It seems Newcastle would need to travel today in order to be ready to play Friday if they had to isolate.

We shall see!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 11-01-22 7:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@elefantfresh, in fairness, last time I looked, Ireland was inside the EU, the uk was not ...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apologies for adding information. Feel free to delete my comment.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@elefantfresh, point only being that there aren't any particular travel restrictions entering CH or France from the EU, unlike from/to the UK ...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@elefantfresh, thanks for the in resort info, as i dont know anyone else whos managed to be skiing in france its interesting to find out whats happening ....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@yorkshirelad, take a look in the Snow Reports thread!

The whole masque obligatoire is really a bit of a joke, even in gondolas. As for passe at the lifts, think it's running at about 5% for me. Bars is closer to 90% though the resto we went to for NYE they did not check and that was even if I asked them when making the booking that they will be checking.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Weathercam, we had our passes checked at Brevent base yesterday, not today.

Bars checking first time but not afterwards, mostly.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not sure what this means but it was on the peak retreats FAQs

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Update: 10/1/22

On 5/1/22, France announced that the week commencing 10/1/22 it is reviewing the stricter COVID restrictions currently in place. Fully vaccinated travellers will be able to enter without any ‘compelling reasons’ or quarantine on arrival.

Current temporary travel restrictions for travellers coming from the UK into France were announced by the French authorities on the 16th December 2021. This decision was taken in view of the massive wave of Omicron hitting the UK before Europe and was applicable from Saturday 18th December 2021 00:00 CET (Central European Time).

I assume that they know/hope things are going to change for the better for us brits.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam wrote:

The whole masque obligatoire is really a bit of a joke, even in gondolas.

Not if people were using proper FFP2 masks worn properly.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
harrim51 wrote:
Not sure what this means but it was on the peak retreats FAQs

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Update: 10/1/22

On 5/1/22, France announced that the week commencing 10/1/22 it is reviewing the stricter COVID restrictions currently in place. Fully vaccinated travellers will be able to enter without any ‘compelling reasons’ or quarantine on arrival.

Current temporary travel restrictions for travellers coming from the UK into France were announced by the French authorities on the 16th December 2021. This decision was taken in view of the massive wave of Omicron hitting the UK before Europe and was applicable from Saturday 18th December 2021 00:00 CET (Central European Time).

I assume that they know/hope things are going to change for the better for us brits.

They're working on the assumption that a decision is imminent. I spoke to them yesterday about our trip at the weekend and they're prepared for last minute calls to be made if we are (which we are). In reality, if it goes back to the previous rules, it'll only be a case of doing an Antigen on Friday and filling in the Health Declaration so we can make a call on Thursday if needed. It only becomes an issue if they suddenly want PCR tests or something new at the last minute.

The impression I got is that they've been given more information than has come out in the press conferences etc. How accurate that is, I've no idea but they seemed pretty relaxed (well, as much as they can be at the minute).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@elefantfresh, Thanks for taking the time to Post :: All information is useful :: the question about travel from Dublin to France has been asked several times - It is good to have a first hand account
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tristero wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

I imagine the context of the statement is, it's a joke because it's not enforced and no-one is doing it, rather than 'masks in Gondolas don't provide any health benefits'
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I just hope that whatever France announce this week, that it's not ambiguous (to skiing). Italy's rule change yesterday makes it very clear - no jabs, no ski. I'm getting (mild) grief from the person I've rented an appt from and that's to be expected as I've booked Feb half term. Her view is that we're banned and can I please cancel so she can re-let. Obviously I've got a better eye on things as it's in my interests so I have until the end of this week to cancel and come out of it losing no money.

In case Feb doesn't come off I've also booked the first week of April half term (Tignes). Been a long time since I've skied April so bit nervous in case a new variant comes along (again) although I'd also hope rules would be eased more by then. Couple of friends only go in April and swear by it.
ski holidays
@Kettonskimum1971, April is great and you’ll be fine in Tignes. We ski PDS and enjoy the sunny days, light jackets, soft spring snow and long lunches.
snow report
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Cannabis-glyphosate-self-employment-This-week-in-French-parliament

Sorry to add to the awful suspense but this implies the meeting is THURSDAY, if at all, and NOT Wednesday.... says unconfirmed! Aaaaaagh!
snow report
@Kettonskimum1971, went to Val d'Isere first week of April 2018 and it snowed every day!
ski holidays
Getting more hopeful. Just received notification from Jet2 "If you're due to travel with us to France, we're expecting an update from the French Government in the next few days about entry requirements" I know this is not new news to us but France has now also reappeared on their current travel requirements page.
latest report
Oooh...
latest report
@Julief, looks like it ... have to comment that after a busy feeling xmas/NY, it's verry, verry quiet up Brevent today and yesterday. But quite lovely and ticked off the Face de l'Hòtel which I've not done before. Due Mrs U's dodgy knee we dodged the ENSA couloir, which per sis in law was quite scary.
snow conditions
@elefantfresh thanks for your comments. If rules don’t change I’ll be using my Finnish citizenship to be driving back home through France or transiting to France via Finland.
ski holidays
Julief wrote:
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Cannabis-glyphosate-self-employment-This-week-in-French-parliament

Sorry to add to the awful suspense but this implies the meeting is THURSDAY, if at all, and NOT Wednesday.... says unconfirmed! Aaaaaagh!

I’m not convinced they necessarily wait for cabinet meetings - they added USA to the red list and removed SA from the “scarlet” list without a meeting.

I’m still hopeful for tomorrow, especially given the rugby teams needing to know before travelling.
snow report
Gah this waiting!! Hoping!! I will have no nails left!!
ski holidays
Jet2 flights on 22nd to Geneva - J2 have just let me move mine to our March trip to Innsbruck via WhatsApp, we'd already rolled our accommodation to next year but was getting twitchy about flights.

Hope the news is good for those still aiming to go, gutted we're only skiing once this year but that's better than last year !
snow conditions
We are all glued to the news - there is a lot of rumours going round that travel will be allowed from 15th Jan - everything is crossed
snow conditions
Bloomin Skiworld want the final payment for our twice postponed trip to les arcs this week…can’t see I have an option but a real pain if no announcement or further variant before we leave (26/03)
snow report
I’m praying we will be able to go on the 29th, after a potential (still waiting on insurance claim) £6k loss from New Year, keeping it all crossed Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was too hopeful! Just received email saying flight cancelled Sad Now to decide if we try for Austria instead...
snow conditions
Interestingly the official 3 valleys Twitter account replied to a tweet today saying they’re optimistic for some good news coming in an announcement tomorrow. I’m hoping they know something we don’t!
ski holidays
Levi215 wrote:
Tristero wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

I imagine the context of the statement is, it's a joke because it's not enforced and no-one is doing it, rather than 'masks in Gondolas don't provide any health benefits'

Maybe. But the thing is - and I've been to the 3V last week - there are big signs everywhere, you will get asked politely at most places by lift staff, there are even automatic anouncements in some places. But hardly anyone follows through. They would literally need the Gendamerie to enforce it. That's the joke. But not a funny one.
snow report
shellieellie wrote:
I was too hopeful! Just received email saying flight cancelled Sad Now to decide if we try for Austria instead...

Flights with whom ? and what date? and what airport ?
latest report
shellieellie wrote:

sorry to hear - what date and airports where involved on the cancelled Jet 2

thanks
snow report
Tiddles wrote:
shellieellie wrote:

sorry to hear - what date and airports where involved on the cancelled Jet 2

thanks

Bristol to Chambery on Sat 15th Jan
ski holidays
Appears Birmingham - Chambery on saturday is also cancelled (not showing on their website anyway, and I doubt it is full)
latest report
Me too! Leeds to Chambery Jan 15th just cancelled
snow report
Really sorry ré your cancellations

Interestingly EJ are selling flights to Lyon Fri 14th from London airports... But no flights to Lyon from Bristol til 5th Feb...

Not sure if it means anything or whether they just want the dosh in their bank for now...
snow report
350000 infections in France today.
snow conditions
Yes, although their figures tend to be higher on Tuesdays for some reason (a bit like ours after the weekend). Yesterday it was less than 100k.
ski holidays
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/france-travel-ban-latest-uk-b1990635.html?amp

This doesn't really add anything that hasn't been said on this forum, but the noises about 15th Jan opening are starting to build! Fingers crossed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy