Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Scam!! St Anton. Carlos Bo Marin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It is just so annoying! Banks make it rather difficult and expensive to take online payments for real companies based on the risk that customers might claim their money back but when actually something bad happens then it is rather difficult to actually get things back... Crying or Very sad

He wouldn't be able to have a bank account under a false name though, would he?

I know this is so annoying for you clairepow but WELL DONE for taking the time and energy to really go after him!! I really hope it pays off for you!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clairepow, you did the right thing not revealing bank details to him, who knows what he would have done? People like him make life very difficult for honest small companies and individuals who rent out their apartments, the internet is their major source of avertising but it also means they have to work hard just to prove their genuine! Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FYI

A few seasons back there was a Chalet scam in St Anton where
A family lost a considerable amount of money. The tourist office & police
Were alerted & investigated.

This sounds very much like the same thing.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1744432&highlight=chalet+fake#1744432
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clairepow, just wanted to bump this to see if you've made any progress? It would be nice to have a good news story? Here's hoping.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
monkey, nice bump. I was wondering about this as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

I was one of those scammed. We've not made any progress. Bank and travel insurance company not interested. It's been reported to ActionFraud but as far as I can tell it goes into a big black hole and could possibly resurface in a few months if the police have any interest in it. I don't think there is any chance of compensation though.

We did look around for another ski chalet, but have decided to take our medicine and hire a cheap holiday home in Northern France (not skiing) instead. We are obviously disappointed but at least we will still have a nice break with our friends over new year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gavacac, that's miserable. Sad Hope your alternative plan works well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gavacac, So sorry to hear that you've made no progress! Really hope that your scammer will be caught one day!!

Hope that you'll have a fantastic time in France with your friends and that you'll be back on the slopes before long...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy