Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sir, Sir....Am I an Intermidiot yet???

Poster: A snowHead
Good advice I think: Mountain Toughness.

http://youtube.com/v/0kiAK849mp4
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyway..... Steering skills seem a little improved.
However, I've let my posture get all out of wack!
So it's back to basics & working on my Fundamentals.

http://youtube.com/v/RlBm8F6mK9Y
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ref Mountain Toughness, lookee what Mr Clever (That's me) posted last week???

kitenski wrote:

you need to ski the worst snow you can find every time you are in the Alps, even if it's lumpy, crusty and bumpy!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, credit where it's due Greg wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
from a quick look at the second link of your warmup I think your leaning back and also putting too much weight on the inside ski.....

See if you can slow it all down on your computer and check if I'm correct!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BASI suggest TTPPEE as a way to analyse skiing. It seems to me that Mountain Toughness is mostly combination of Tactical, Physical, and Psychological.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rob@rar, inspired me to go n retrieve my Alpine Manual from under the car seat Smile
P,57

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 28-04-15 21:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski, in accord 100%
All the evidence is there. I have zero Angulation, and my "default position is backseated" to quote an expert.
It feels right to me to start back at the beginning and take myself through all the preparation that I made for my L1, but now perhaps closer to the level of competence I should've had for BASI entry level.
Aiming at L2, I need to raise my game in all respects, starting with Fundamentals.
Presumably for L2 as well as personal performence in the 5 Strands, your CT demos need to be pretty bulletproof no?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kitenski, did you do your L2 with New Gen in Courch?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
franzClammer wrote:
@kitenski, in accord 100%
All the evidence is there. I have zero Angulation, and my "default position is backseated" to quote an expert.
It feels right to me to start back at the beginning and take myself through all the preparation that I made for my L1, but now perhaps closer to the level of competence I should've had for BASI entry level.
Aiming at L2, I need to raise my game in all respects, starting with Fundamentals.
Presumably for L2 as well as personal performence in the 5 Strands, your CT demos need to be pretty bulletproof no?

Lets talk Monday week on L2 stuff 1
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
franzClammer wrote:
@kitenski, did you do your L2 with New Gen in Courch?

No.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 29-04-15 9:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@scooby_simon, Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kitenski, you're missing some [brackets] mate
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@franzClammer, yes CT needs to be spot on....it was videoed and analysed in the evenings from memory. Getting the CT basics right, ie weight on the correct ski for very slow plough parallel and stance etc should really help! Hemel is probably too steep at the top for slow plough parallel...

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 29-04-15 9:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@franzClammer, Happy Birthday, brackets sorted Very Happy
ski holidays
@kitenski, Merci becoup Razz
snow report
Just found this here's me doing some L2 plough parallel

http://youtube.com/v/0iNvSrej_zc
ski holidays
@kitenski, Excellent thank you Smile
ski holidays
I know this is a bit long, but I'm thinking maybe it's time to invest in a bit of avi kit. Just tranceivers, probes n shovels for next season Puzzled
Anyway it's my birthday so I can post whatever I want I reckon ......hic hic Madeye-Smiley
Enjoy

http://youtube.com/v/AQNQ1AN0330
latest report
@franzClammer, definitely a good idea to get avi kit and practice with it. Think there is a practice area in 3v.

Out of interest did you hire an apartment for the whole season?
snow report
@kitenski, yes rolling eyes
snow report
@franzClammer, care to share approx costs for a season hire?? PM if you don't want to go public??
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
@franzClammer, care to share approx costs for a season hire?? PM if you don't want to go public??

Go public. I would like to sort something next season too.
snow report
@franzClammer, I have a spare transceiver for sale if your interested...
snow report
Our own Shepherd has some packages

http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Categories/Transceiver_Packages
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
@franzClammer, I have a spare transceiver for sale if your interested...

I know you wouldn't sell me a wrong un, so yes am interested.
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
kitenski wrote:

Go public. I would like to sort something next season too.

speak to Marcellus on here at LiveTheSeason.com
Not trying to be evasive. It really depends on your requirements
ski holidays
franzClammer wrote:
speak to Marcellus on here at LiveTheSeason.com
Not trying to be evasive.

Sounds very evasive to me.

If Marcellus did you a great deal, why wouldn't you do him the reciprocal courtesy of telling other Snowheads so that he gets more business?

If you think he stiffed you, why wouldn't you tell the hundreds of Snowheads that have offered you free feedback and advice on your thread so they don't make the same mistake?

Time to give something back, Mr Clammer.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In case anyone is in doubt.
Marcellus provided an excellent service.
One can presume that by referring to him I am recommending him.
Anyone is free to PM me anytime if they feel the need.
snow report
In past seasons its cost me around 4.5 to 5k euro's if I recall. That was typically rocking up 1st week of Jan and leaving 2nd week April. The first place was a lovely town house, maybe 5k down the valley (we struck lucky) while the 2nd was a nice 2 bed apartment in town, 65sq m IIRC, in a good part of town.
ski holidays
@Raceplate, from what I see, seasonal prices are so very variable that it would be unfair on Marcellus, unreasonable for @franzClammer, and potentially misleading for everyone else to quote a price.

FWIW, if you'd like my larger apartment for the full winter,4 beds, well equipped and spacious in a "sought after" area of Central Chamonix, I'd be looking for around €25k all in.
latest report
@under a new name, Out of academic interest, what's the sq meters on that one ?
latest report
@franzClammer, happy belated birthday! And keep at it, you are doing great, and slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that Very Happy

Re. season lets... happy to chip in my twopenneth having just done one......it's hugely variable!!!

Firstly Marcellus is a great guy and very, very helpful. He doesn't cover the area I was in, but I did speak to him about neighbouring resorts, could not have been more helpful.

In my resort you could get a studio/small apartment for E400 a month, a 2 bed +mezz apartment for E1000/month, these are very small but functional. If you have any interest in renting annually it's cheaper still.

Chalets are a whole different ball game. I had figures for 4 bed chalets of £25,000 for the season Shocked Obviously people who thought that they could charge their usual premium weekly let figures for the entire season Laughing If you are an owner and you have more or less full occupancy for the season then clearly go for it! But most places I know are lucky to let for 6 peak weeks and any extras are a bonus. If you are happy to stay down valley I had a nice big place offered for around £12,000/season. And someone I know has an annual let of a lovely new big chalet for about £12,000 a year but it's a 45 min drive up every day.

If you can give the owner back some peak weeks such as New Year and at least 2 of Feb hols then prices will reduce considerably as they can sell these at a huge premium, but then you have to move out completely. We couldn't as we were there fully settled with a child in school, pets there, all our wordly goods etc Laughing
ski holidays
@sarah, Thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
Did some work on Transitions recently with Rob @ IOS

http://youtube.com/v/b1gEMvr6ZJQ
ski holidays
My very lovely 3 bed apartment in Morzine, not central but 1km from town, was 1700 GBP per month, December to April inclusive.
latest report
@franzClammer, which valley was your slightly off piste video shot in?
snow conditions
@andy1234, route back from VT to Meribel. Or it might be Cime Carron to VT
snow report
Quote:

I had figures for 4 bed chalets of £25,000 for the season

My son paid £5000 for a miniscule place in Val d'Isere. I remember it well because I paid upfront! He shared it with a BASS ski instructor and when they felt hard up they had itinerants sleeping under the table for a modest fee. I did get the rent back once he got some lucrative work.
snow conditions
@franzClammer, thanks for the pointer. Looking at it again, i think it looks like a slope that cuts into the Lac de la Chambre run down to Plans des Mains. Will give it a go next time the conditions are right!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy