Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sir, Sir....Am I an Intermidiot yet???

Poster: A snowHead
franzClammer, Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Folks
Am back in Blighty in one piece Toofy Grin
Masque wrote:
franzClammer, Well it's clear that you've got the confidence factor dialed in . . . till you have your first 'big one' . . . and I see you are focused on where you are going and not what's about to slide under your tips (makes a difference don't it wink ). However, what you don't have is all the small and essential control elements to pull you back and divert you from being what is now a ballistic weapon into a cruise missile. You need to slow down with some supervised lessons to gain those fine control skills that will keep you and others safer on the hill.

You may find it a boring week but it really is necessary now . . . next trip, promise?

Hear yee Hear Yee...........
I have applied for my Snowheads discount with Inside Out..........
I am hoping to join one of the Short n Snappy Clinics ASAP
Rob@rAr Do you think thats the one or shall I just opt for the Jap Powder jaunt...just kiddin, but I aint received an email, but then I guess you'll recognize me outfit when I show up aye.. wink

Masque wrote:

till you have your first 'big one'

I dont want to qualify but I've been close enough to have memory pain in my right knee when I remember partially tearing my ACL and had physio after last Feb trip & worked hard to get it in shape again, lots of funny looks on the beach doing excercise, Ironically I hurt it standing in snowplow position still when fellow fell on me, just unlucky, I also popped 2 ribs by landing full force on buckle of sallopettes whilst poodling along watching others n ran over my Own Pole tip...lol Embarassed
Anyway..........I know there is a biggun out there with my name on it if I dont sort my skills level
Thanks guys

Heres me trying to set a good example to my new apprentice......gawd help him if he is copying me (faint Sith Lord laff) Twisted Evil
this is static vid taken with iphones but its not bad quality
The skiing is a different matter

http://youtube.com/v/GgYGS5XUuts

http://youtube.com/v/GgYGS5XUuts&feature=youtu.be

Ciao
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
franzClammer, I think that's best footage posted yet Very Happy , I'm sure the instructors will tell you where you are wrong, but that looks much more controlled - I'd be happy to be on the same piece of piste if you were skiing like that wink Toofy Grin - your body looks nice and springy (which is what I need some of). NB. There is no real need to wave your arms in the air every time you crest a ridge wink IO will help you along, don't forget to post up your training vids Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 22-01-13 15:17; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, I've not looked at the video, but I think "springy" might be a better word than "floppy". Floppy is not good!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman, OK, I changed it Toofy Grin Though I am told to be 'floppy' perhaps because I really need to make a BIG change Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
laundryman, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apart from your appalling colour sense, for a 3 week self taught skier that is very impressive . . . now go get rid of those bad habits with Rob & Co.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Impressed Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque wrote:
Apart from your appalling colour sense, for a 3 week self taught skier that is very impressive . . . now go get rid of those bad habits with Rob & Co.

Thanks for the feedback
ISO clinic booked for Feb 9th at Hemel using the very generous Snowheads Discount Cool
Watch this space................. snowHead

Are any of you guys attending the EOSB ?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 19-02-13 19:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum wrote:
franzClammer, I think that's best footage posted yet Very Happy , I'm sure the instructors will tell you where you are wrong, but that looks much more controlled - I'd be happy to be on the same piece of piste if you were skiing like that wink Toofy Grin - your body looks nice and springy (which is what I need some off). NB. There is no real need to wave your arms in the air every time you crest a ridge wink IO will help you along, don't forget to post up your training vids Very Happy

Thanks for that Very Happy
So does that mean you wont cancel your EOSB reservation if I book it then? Little Angel
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well . . . perhaps it won't be me providing the slopeside entertainment at the EOSB for once . . . about friggin' time rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
franzClammer, hey! there is me being encouraging and then there is me...................................... Confused Confused Confused Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, Embarassed Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
franzClammer, I am only joking of course, Laughing Seriously that last set video footage looked much more controlled. So, how about, you can ski on my bit of slope provided I get a 50m clearance zone - howzatt!!? Laughing Laughing and 'No' I won't cancel the EoSB!! Laughing

Re: that 50 m clearance - don't forget you haven't seen the state of my skiing yet!!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum wrote:
franzClammer, I am only joking of course, Laughing Seriously that last set video footage looked much more controlled. So, how about, you can ski on my bit of slope provided I get a 50m clearance zone - howzatt!!? Laughing Laughing and 'No' I won't cancel the EoSB!! Laughing

Re: that 50 m clearance - don't forget you haven't seen the state of my skiing yet!!!

Thats a deal.....lol
Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Popcorn and tickets folks . . . get them 'ere . . . popcorn and tickets Toofy Grin
snow conditions
franzClammer, Not sure what I have gotten myself into but see you on the 9th Laughing

I train racers as well as rec skiers so i kinda like your attitude Toofy Grin our Short and Snappy clinic is pretty athletic so come ready !! (ps we will try to make at least more than one turn on the Hemel 150meter slope which may be a challenge for you judging by a quick look at your typical Polaris Missile turn videos Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
Popcorn and tickets folks . . . get them 'ere . . . popcorn and tickets Toofy Grin

Masque, are you going it "alone" on me? Thought I did the tickets! Confused
snow report
[running scared]What have I done?................he's clicked onto 'hopefully so' on the EoSB lists[/running scared] wink
snow conditions
gatecrasher, Until you're on the list for t'EOSB . . . you've no call on that Confused sorry sunshine, get yer finger out or stop whinging.
snow report
Masque, Boo! Sad
ski holidays
franzClammer, In your last clip, you looked much more in control.
After your lessons at Hemel, you'll be even more in control.....

....we can't be having too much of that!!

Soooo, to live up to your nature as a human ICBM, you should definitely take one of these with you to the EOSB and think about your "hhedges"!! Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/7H5oYHs7EJw
latest report
ALQ, Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want Twisted Evil

The noise alone Shocked Twisted Evil

want want want want want want want want want want want want
snow conditions
ALQ, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
ALQ, That has to be a fake doesn't it? - watch whenever he is 'under power' say at around 2:15 he has his left arm stretched out as if being towed by something. Though I must admit it's fairly convincing around 1m10 when he is going uphill. If it works I want one too, you'd pay for it in lift passes in no time!!
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
ALQ, That has to be a fake doesn't it? - watch whenever he is 'under power' say at around 2:15 he has his left arm stretched out as if being towed by something. Though I must admit it's fairly convincing around 1m10 when he is going uphill. If it works I want one too, you'd pay for it in lift passes in no time!!

Megamum, no evidence of anything towing him, looking at the reflection in his goggles, his arm is stretched out to film it all I reckon! Confused
snow report
gatecrasher, LOL - I must confess that I also checked the reflection in his googles when I was checking for a possible fake - I have to admit they did look convincing too Laughing
snow report
I can't find evidence for a fake on-line either - in fact the reverse http://techyum.com/2011/04/troy-hartmans-jet-pack-on-skis/ Perhaps I do now really want one!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, Think there may be a queue!
snow report
Just think on a bike(cycle) and some 4 wheel bumwipe is tailgating you . . . just dump fuel and peel the paint off his bonnet . . . oh the joy Twisted Evil
ski holidays
ALQ,
(Clanking n banging noises from Franz's garden shed) Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 23-01-13 14:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
ALQ,

Curry powered skiing??? Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
Just think on a bike(cycle) and some 4 wheel bumwipe is tailgating you . . . just dump fuel and peel the paint off his bonnet . . . oh the joy Twisted Evil

Don't have to think too hard...it's already been done in the good ol' US of A!!
Listen to it starting up, courtesy of Mr J Leno...Cool

http://www.streetfire.net/video/jay-lenos-jet-bike_181012.htm
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
franzClammer, Not sure what I have gotten myself into but see you on the 9th Laughing

In light of my impending training/retraining with ISO I thought I'd do a short vid showing a summary of my skiing progress or lack of so far
Asta la vista snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/7DE5gNMYlTk&feature=share&list=UU4coOtm3L-lGemrxPicj-Jw
snow report
franzClammer, Just how big is your ski wardrobe Puzzled
snow report
Masque wrote:
franzClammer, Just how big is your ski wardrobe Puzzled

Laughing Laughing
I wore it all at once this last trip it was minus 30 one day I'm sure Blue
latest report
I wish i had a visual record of my ski "journey" as you have done. When you are really good which wont be too far off judging by your enthusiasm it will be really good for you to see your progression.
I was 24 when i started, have had no lessons (not recommended) but 22 trips later think i am alright. For your age and experience you are progressing very well.
Firstly, is the thing with your shoulders when you are setting off or hitting a rise a habit or due to poorly fitting clothing?
Next, please please make sure you dont go beyond your limits. Speed and being on the edge is a lot of fun but hurting yourself or others is the last thing anyone wants on the slopes. As your skill increases then is the time to really go for it.
Like a car, anyone can go fast but knowing where and when to go fast is the hard part, and being able to stop safely when danger arises unexpectedly is the most important part.
I think from your posts you have realised this anyway.
By the way your cameraman is great. I wish i could make out his comments from the Hemel video, it obscured by the music but i think he was saying he is more than just following you.
latest report
PMSl. The video bloopers and the comments are so funny Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Happychap, Welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
snow conditions
ianbradders wrote:

Firstly, is the thing with your shoulders when you are setting off or hitting a rise a habit or due to poorly fitting clothing?

I get a lot of tension across my shoulders at the thoracic vertebrae (sp?) level, I spose we all have an Achilles heal.
I'm also quite skint.....lol Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy