Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

jet2.com ... Lost bags...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
More woes: http://www.goneboarding.co.uk/forum/jet2-woes/threadid/38648/page/1/showthread.aspx#pid488545
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
veletron wrote:

Chambery airport would appear to be 'NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE' for running ski-flights using aircraft such as 737's, 319's, 320's etc. I shall avoid using that particular airport in the future. Anyone know what Grenoble Airport is like?

That is without question... I have used it for only one trip (plus one medical repatriation flight but that was on a weekday) and it was far too busy and chaotic.

I think next time I organise a group trip we will all fly to Geneva. This time 3 went to Chambery and 5 to Geneva (purely due to cheapest flights and flying from different ends of the country etc). That way we could afford a private transfer rather than using Altibus/Bensbus, and since we'd be going direct rather than changing in Moutiers we'd probably arrive in resort at much the same time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crystal customer services: slm.customerservices@tuiski.com
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
veletron, We booked all sep.. flights , accom, transfers.. first time without aTO, wanted to get away from "stupid oclock" transfers outbound.. It worked really well late flight out so just a 6 am start, instead of the usual 2 am!!! , and left resort 10 am on sat which was bliss, snow was great, accom was spot on... only damper was the gear not turing up... Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jet2 are abysmal. We flew from GVA to GLA on Sunday. Booked as a direct flight, but 2 weeks before departure Jet2 changed it to via LeedsBradford, considerably longer flight time.
On check-in, my wife and I were allocated seats in seperate rows, food was limited to an inedible toasty, or Pot Noodles, at L/B Glasgow luggage was unloaded having been wrongly tagged, we had to go through Border Control, security etc before reboarding, identifying our luggage which had been unloaded onto the Tarmac. Air crew were apologetic, but I'll avoid Jet2 at all cost in the future.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would supply you with a Jet2 CSC email address, but they don't have one. The only phone no on their website is a 50p/min 0906 number.

The snail-mail address is here:

Customer Care Team
PO Box 314
Leeds
LS19 9DY
England
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
veletron wrote:
I would supply you with a Jet2 CSC email address, but they don't have one. The only phone no on their website is a 50p/min 0906 number.

The snail-mail address is here:

Customer Care Team
PO Box 314
Leeds
LS19 9DY
England

Thanks, I'm hoping that Mark Warner will deal with my complaint. I've already contacted their CS team.

Don't know what we'll do next season. It was a long drive from nr Edinburgh to Tignes last year, but more pleasant than being treated like cattle at GVA.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
same again happened today, 140+ items including 6 suitcases left at Chambery and they even did it to five of us on the way out last Sat had to hire crap skis for a day and return early to get my case back at the chalet, also spoke to another person when we arrived who said their flight was missing 46 items, so it's a regular occurance they cant manage with all the ski stuff and a little plane, dont fly Edinburgh to Chambery with jet2 or just dont fly with them all together.... small claim going to them for my hire and the cost of the skis there and back plus time used to sort it out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Traveled back on 26th Jan from Chambery to Edinburgh, Crystal holiday, Jet2 plane. Our skis, and everyone else's skis on the flight were offloaded and we await their return. Lots of bags didn't arrive, though ours did. Staff at Edinburgh and fellow passengers said this regularly happens on the return flight but I am shocked to see on this thread that it happens on the way out to the Alps as well. What compensation do Jet 2 or Crystal offer in those circumstances?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jayjayjam, whatever is in their T&Cs.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
veletron, selling less seats on the plane is not going to be an option for the TO, they make their money on the package, their flight price is fixed, whether they have 1 or 200 people on the plane. So it is in their interest to fill their hotels and chalets and suffer the complaints, which they will apart from the standard responses will ignore.

I have flown into and out of Chambery many many times, and i hear horror stories all of the time, but i have only been impacted once on a return flight about 8 years ago. I am not saying it doesnthappen because it clearly does, but not nearly as often as you would believe.

Chambery is a shed, and the baggage handlers are some of the worst i have ever seen. Of course as I am flying into CMF in aout 334 hours i will let you know how it goes....

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 27-01-13 22:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think that it might be the 737 QCs that exacerbate the problem as they are heavier than a standard 737.

Grenoble is a much more 'standard airfield'. just occasionally it suffers from fog. It is basic and very busy on a Saturday - rest of the time no snags
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy