Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

jet2.com ... Lost bags...

Poster: A snowHead
in 3vs just now. Since sat, jet2 left our bags in edinburgh.... Did not get them to us untill mon night. Spoke to some guys today on same flight and they got them tue night. Some say this is a reg thing with jet2 ..... Is it????? Anyone know or have some chat on this topic ??? Also a heads up on claims etc .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
a friend of mine fly with them regularly from Leeds/Bradford and has never lost any baggage with them. I am worried though i fly with them in a week and i've got to pack my boots in there Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fact is jet2 knew about it all, as we left the stand at edinburgh guy next to me said look there is a full trolly of bags left.and sure enough it was . Am talking at least 30 odd folk did not get bags. And to top it all they then flew it to geneva. Not chambery. I arrived in 3v in the clothes i travelled in. And had to wait afull 48hrs till my gear came. Had to hire and buy new kit.and wow the time i have spent on the phone establishing everything..... Jet2..... You are an utter disgrace ....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting, 2nd item concerning luggage delay problems with Jet 2 Edinburgh flights in a week. Certainly doesn't incline me to use them!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used Jet2 many times from Leeds Bradford to various european destinations anda have never had a luggage problem but who knows maybe I've just been lucky.

Hope you can claim things back on your travel insurance! Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

Sorry to hear about your bags issue. We flew from Cham-->Edi on the same Saturday, likely on the same aircraft you came out on (it likely did a cham-->dubbo run in the interim). Very few customers bags made it to Edinburgh. Baggage lady at EDI told me that 100+ passengers were missing a total of 170 bags. One of the worst cases of lost baggage she encountered.

Anyone here on a Dublin Jet2 flight lost their bags?

Someone's daughter from WinterHighland was on the same flight you were (and lost their bags) also - there is a thread over there in the 'Bothy'. I started a thread here regarding my lost bags, but the consensus from SnowHeads was that I was being unreasonable! http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?4,144239,144382#msg-144382 See H1lly's post :- 48 bags never got loaded.

I assume you were with Crystal/Thompson?? Crystal need to be having serious words with Jet2 over this.

Good news is, that 6 days (almost to the hour) after we landed, my bags were delivered by a courier - Hurray!! Bad news is that the contents of every bag was soaking wet, including electronic stuff. I think they store bags at the bottom of lake Geneva!! (our bags got roaded from Chambery to Geneva due to a lack of mid-week flights from UK-->Cham.)

There were some stories of stuck cargo doors from the baggage folks at EDI when I asked if they knew what went wrong. But this was one of many rumours.

I thank my lucky stars that my ski's were delayed coming home, rather than going out thus only screwing up a long weekend of Glencoe rock-hopping!

Jet2 BTW (from WH/Wikipedia) run some of the oldest 737's out there with an average age of 23 years. I guess mechanical issues are to be expected. Hopefully the maintenance folks maintain the important bits of Jet2's aircraft well!

Nigel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

And to top it all they then flew it to geneva

That's normal - they then taxi it to resort. If you waited for the next Chambery flight, your baggage would arrive the following weekend.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard i have spoken to a guy in meribel who still has not got his gear yet.... We fly back the morn avo!!!! I was well aware of that being the last flight to chambery so geneva was the option... But come on lets not defend jet 2 in any shape or form... If i ran my business like that back home i would be bust .... I await jet 2 following in the jet wash of globespan!!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Normally this is down to the monkeys who do the luggage loading at the airports (Servisair or whoever) not Jet2 directly... Although Jet2 should have been clear about it and tried to get them back to you as quickly as possible.

For the record I've never lost bags with Jet2 and used them a few times... Did with BA once though! BA got them back pretty quickly though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
am sure there are loads of good stories out there about jet2. This however is a shocker. I would not give a monkeys about bags on way home etc... But am pretty sure there aint a single snowhead on here thar would say ok no prob jet 2 i shall just go and hire everything etc....and as i see by the looks of this forum its a regular jet2 policy!!!!! .also travel ins.... Classic airline dodge when in fact it is airline responsibilty ... But lets not go into the montreal convention.... Blah...blah .....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, yeah. But IME all the budget airlines treat you similarly badly...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GlensheeFerg, why do airlines get to shaft their customers so spectacularly? Bet it was a right ball ache for you - when you are supposed to be relaxing and enjoying yourself.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
by the way, I would have put this on The Piste.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
veletron, do you have a link to your SH thread...I missed it
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
back in sunny peterhead....landed last night at 5.....after the cattle market called chambery.... And yes no bags... Was told 120 never made it....week in week out this happens the service air bag handlers told me...company bosses of service air wish they never took the contract on.. Skis in winter...golf clubs in summer... So am told!!!!... Now comes the fun of claim,not a jet 2 person in sight in edinburgh.. Oh sir please phone our call center for cust service(in lithuania) i discovered on hol trying to get my bags...choc teapot springs to mind...booked flight in aug and paid 100 quid for mine and mrs ski n boots etc(funny suitcase arrived both ways) then in sept massive tv add saying get you ski bags carried free!.... Now comes the clever bit... Was told you will get ski carry price back... Ok fair enough...but folk who booked and got ski bags free deal wont of course!!!!( cause in reality the once in a lifetime ski carry bags free promo..... Has been diluted into the price of you seat ticket...so you aint making a cliam!!!!! ).jet2 once again you are an utter disgrace....
snow report
Is this happening due to the fact that planes going into 'Chambels' airport have a weight restriction due to the short runway so they have no option but to leave the baggage? I am sure I read something somewhere- did this trip once never again due to very low approach over the supermarket carpark !
ski holidays
Kiters--- could well be.. I have heard some chat about this to.. also Jet2 using old planes with not enough power/weight ratio.. Other operators dont have this issue???..... That said if this is the case Jet2 are using planes not fit for purpose.. and at the risk of sounding anal.. I am thinking they are mis - selling (breach of contract) on the chambery flight.. No one books a ticket thinking they aint going to get their skis boots etc on hol.....(bags not travelling with the flight/re routed via another airport/carrier) companies have gone under for lesser customer service issues...
snow report
I see 637 views to date!!!!! so hopfully Jet2.com will be getting a reputation for all the wrong reasons!!!!
latest report
just had phone call from edinburgh baggage... my bags fly back from Geneva tonight after being bused from Chambery yest avo...... they fly into Leeds/bradford and will be taxied up to Costa del Peterhead the morn!!!! WTF?????
snow report
veletron, I booked all ad hoc, private transfer, accom ski independance....
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, usally am very placid and go with the flow... but these antics from Jet2 have got my back right up(was the Mrs 30 B'day hol).. as one can prob tell from my posts!!! apologies to all Snowheads for my rants Mad
snow report
I am not going to comment on Jet2s handling of this situation but I think a few facts would help to stop rumours spreading!
Jet2 737 fleet is definitiely middle aged at 24 years but to put this in perspective BAs 737 fleet is abot 19.5 years old. Of 280 airlines that use the 737-300 jet2 comes in at 180 in terms of average fleet age - so not the oldest by a long chalk. As to power to weight ratios - no - these birds fly to Cyprus and the Canaries another 3 hours flight time - at 2 tonnes of gas an hour - 6 tonnes therefore 100 bags comes nowhere close on a ski flight. As to the actual reason the jammed door sounds plausible - security bag scanning issues sometimes crop up.
No airline would undertake a charter if there wasn't a very good chance of meeting the requirement, certainly there would be no profit on this flight after all the couriers bills etc. However the tour ops do like Chambery (closer to resorts) but because of its very special requirements (just take a look at an aerial picture!) there is always a risk of ending up at Lyon or Grenoble.
For the record I have had ski stuff go missing twice - both with BA - it took them 3 days to get the skis up the hill.
snow report
chocksaway, fair play.... I best stick to scotland!
ski holidays
Quote:

Is this happening due to the fact that planes going into 'Chambels' airport have a weight restriction due to the short runway so they have no option but to leave the baggage? I am sure I read something somewhere- did this trip once never again due to very low approach over the supermarket carpark

For this reason I will always avoid flying to Chambry! Oh, and the fact it is generally the first to shut and is also a horrible and packed ariport. The only time my snowboard didn't make it was deliberate due opt space/weight restrictions flying to Chambry which is a bit annoying when you pay and book months in advance for board carrige.
latest report
Has anyone's insurance agreed to pay for hire skis / boots etc until theirs turned up in resort? I only ask because when Swiss forgot my skis last year my insurance company were at a loss as to what to do about it and ended up resorting to telling me that the airline had to cover the cost. Ironically, if I had lost the skis, they would have paid up, if my luggage had been lost, they would have paid a reasonable sum to get me essentials until my luggage arrived, but wouldn't / couldn't confirm they would pay for hire skis.... ridiculous! Also seemed as though it was the first time anyone had asked the question, which I find very hard to believe.
latest report
Flown with Jet2 myself quit a few times and never lost any luggage. However, one flight did lose radio contact with Chambery on the approach - but that was due to the airport staff deciding to walkout on strike partway through the afternoon!
snow report
russ_e, the frog's !!! ya gotta love em!!!
latest report
Scampi Dellahanti, am not one for faffing about in resort.. so I like to have it all sorted when I pitch up... having to go and get all the gear rented and bought on sunday morning to get ski ing was a pain in da ass... spent a fair bit too, as I only had the clothes I travelled in.. even this hardy glenshee lad aint got the balls to ski in jeans!!!.. So I bloody well hope I can get my reciepts paid at the very least ( never mind the hassle factor ) .. not tried Ins yet.. as my lawyer friend assures me under the montreal convention.. airline is accountable.... I await.....( both my skis/ clothes and a response!!!)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Your hand luggage is for: ski trousers, gloves, thermals, hat, socks, change of underwear, razor etc.

That way the only thing you have to hire when this happens is skis and boots.
snow conditions
Scampi Dellahanti, Air Canada has paid for mine.
snow report
James the Last, thank you for the motherly advice.... I shall take note on my next trip!!! Cool
latest report
snowHead

GlensheeFerg, snowHead

People laugh at me, (lots, and often, and often for a good reason) but in your position I'd have the last laugh...
latest report
James the Last, yes I believe you do James "Jet2" the Last...... NehNeh
snow report
chocksaway, hate to see what you would call an old 737 if 24 years old is middle aged Shocked
snow report
tue 10.30 coffee time.. still no bags back yet!!!!!......perhaps they have been rented out for the week!!!!! Laughing
snow report
bobmcstuff,
Quote:
But IME all the budget airlines treat you similarly badly...

The only budget characteristic of bus services like Jet2, Easy jet and Ryan Air is the service and the lack of respect for their paying customers. When everything is totted up these, LOW FRILL cowboys are usually more expensive than the full price airlines such as BA and Swiss etc. Whilst punters incorrectly quote them, call them and perhaps think of them as “budget” airlines things won’t change and the myth will perpetuate.
snow conditions
Jivebaby wrote:
bobmcstuff,
Quote:
But IME all the budget airlines treat you similarly badly...

The only budget characteristic of bus services like Jet2, Easy jet and Ryan Air is the service and the lack of respect for their paying customers. When everything is totted up these, LOW FRILL cowboys are usually more expensive than the full price airlines such as BA and Swiss etc. Whilst punters incorrectly quote them, call them and perhaps think of them as “budget” airlines things won’t change and the myth will perpetuate.

I'm sorry, but that's just not true. Fifteen years ago, how much did a return flight to the Alps cost you? £300? £400? So maybe £600 in today's terms. And now you can fly for under £100 return, quite easily. That's what the low cost airlines do for you, they keep the other airlines cheap.
snow report
Did not have baggage problems from Newcastle to Chambray with Jet2 a couple of weeks ago but did feel a bit nervous that the airport would mess up. I was on a Crystal package and would have preferred to go to GVA but the cost of the holiday was over £100 more. Crystal clearly wanted to fill its allocation of Jet2 seats.
snow conditions
Jivebaby, I've always been quite impressed with Easyjet's service to be honest. Never had any problems and I've flown with them a lot of times - but then I've never had to see what they are like when you do have a problem.

No-one else could do me returns to Tallin for £76pp either. Or one way to Prague for £46 (BA was about double the price).

Yes all the Alpine ski holiday carriers work out about the same price these days but as James the Last points that's more because the budget airlines drive the price down more than anything else, and the "full price" carriers are forced to charge a more reasonable price or they won't get any business.

My Jet2 return from Manc to Chambery cost £135 with ski carriage and hold bag, that's pretty good IMO. My mates got Easyjet to Geneva return for £110. Not seen anything too much cheaper than that!
latest report
Hi

Just catching up on this thread. I see on WH that H1lly's daughter (I mentioned here before), who lost her bags on the way out, also lost them, on the return trip. She was on the same flight as 'GlensheeFerg'.

Apparently, 148 pieces of baggage were left in Chambery including her and her partner's boards. They got them back on Monday evening. At least they were not waiting 6 days like I had to wait for mine to turn up.

I will write to Crystals' customer complaints dept quoting the threads here and on WH. They must have some influence over Jet2. If this is a weight issue then selling less seats on the aircraft and charging folks a bit more would be my preferred option. Also, surely 148bags must be more than half the baggage that should have been loaded onto the aircraft!!

Having had cause to look into this (as I posted on another thread), it would appear that a 737-300 cannot safely take-off at gross weight from Chambery due to a short runway. It would also appear that there are weight restrictions for landing in case the aircraft has to go-around where it needs to gain height quickly. The aircraft also needs to be able to land safely at Chambery full of fuel in the event of an issue shortly after takeoff. Its at the pilots discretion in the end how much weight he/she allows onto the aircraft.

Chambery airport would appear to be 'NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE' for running ski-flights using aircraft such as 737's, 319's, 320's etc. I shall avoid using that particular airport in the future. Anyone know what Grenoble Airport is like?

I just spoke to the baggage folks at Edinburgh airport. They obviously could not comment, but I am getting the impression that they have been having allot of fun and games with missing bags of late!

I have Crystal's customer service email written down at home, I will publish it here in case others (GlensheeFerg?) with issues wish to write to them. I shall be endeavouring to at least get 50% of my ski carriage fee back anyway!

Nigel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy