Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats more extreme Snowboarding or Skiing !!! Please Help !!!

Poster: A snowHead
How is that low expectations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nowely, because muppet, all you can achieve with that crap is a 'black or white' result with a limited sample who either agree or disagree with your preconceptions defined by the question content. It excludes all ambiguity and all those who really can't be 'rsed to complete it. Its lazy and simplistic structure will provide you with a lazy and simplistic result . . . which I suspect is your intent . . . utterly meaningless as the sample cannot be representative as already demonstrated by the number of risk-takers here who have justifiably ignored it.

Add to that numbnuts neither sport is more extreme than the other and many people participate in both and also many of the other activities mentioned which might indicate that they are high risk takers, yet participate by training and skills development, indicating that they are minimising any risk to where they may be considered risk adverse.

It make you wonder about our education standards rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
they are minimising any risk to where they may be considered risk adverse.

Quote:
It make you wonder about our education standards

Puzzled wink

Hello, sugar, how are you? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, (hello, welcome back, we've missed you) - the survey is trying to measure senstation seeking, not risk taking or what is more extreme. Did you read Nowely's explanations, or are you the lazy numbnuts?

and no, I didn't complete the survey either and I've no idea whether it will produce meaningful results, but I respect that Nowely has explained several times what the survey is about even though folk keep banging on about all sorts of other stuff.

Nowely, You have the patience of a saint!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, All the better for hearing from you honey-buns Toofy Grin

This research is for a 3rd. yr. dissertation, for which he probably wants a first; My wonderment is that he seems to expect this to be an acceptable work standard and if after three years of his work being assessed he's still producing such slovenly thought process then there's something very flawed in his supervision.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
and another thing - everyone keeps calling Nowely "he" - am I the only one who thought she's a she?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sensation seeking is not in what you do but how far you take it surely ?

A bit like the difference between having a puff on a pal's spliff / drinking an Irish coffee after dinner or spending the night in alone with either 8 pints of snakebite / a big bag of grass and a bong. Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
Masque, (hello, welcome back, we've missed you) - the survey is trying to measure senstation seeking, not risk taking or what is more extreme. Did you read Nowely's explanations, or are you the lazy numbnuts?

I suspect if, as you claim, the survey is not trying to measure which is more extreme out of skiing and snowbaroding then our esteemed correspondent would not have named the thread "Whats [sic] more extreme Snowboarding or Skiing !!!"

However, that being the case, I conclude that the survey is trying to measure which is more extreme.

Who's the lazy numbnuts now? Is it me again? I hope so!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, Hi sweetheart, my argument stands. 'Sensation Seeking' is inherently a part of risk taking activities and visa-versa. His methodology will only produce a supportive result for which I'm sure he already has an outlined preconception.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, Good call, but I doubt a woman would have produced such a shallow level of research. You guys with the fun wobbly bits tend to be more thorough than us lumpen brained stoats.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr Technique, yeah, it's you. I suspect that Nowely should have given the thread title a bit more thought. He/She/It says several times what He/She/It is trying to measure and it ain't which is more extreme

Masque, Sensation seeking might be inherently a part of risk taking activities, but one can certainly seek and experience sensations withut taking risks.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Mr Technique, yeah, it's you. I suspect that Nowely should have given the thread title a bit more thought. He/She/It says several times what He/She/It is trying to measure and it ain't which is more extreme.

I know that!

It's "whats" more extreme, not which. Please try to pay attention in future.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mr Technique, damn - and without the apostrophe! well spotted, I stand both chastened and corrected
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, I got kicked by a cow whilst experiencing the glorious sensation of a fine sunset . . . I'm far more careful now when sunset watching. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr Technique, You are Hurtle wearing her underpants on the outside and I claim my 5 Groats.
latest report
Masque, trust me, he isn't. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Hurtle, LMAO
ski holidays
Hurtle, But has he stolen your underpants? rolling eyes
snow conditions
Scarpa, nope, they are all present and correct. Very Happy
snow report
Hurtle, Wouldn't want a solicitor to lose her briefs. Shocked Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
holidayloverxx, Thank you, you seem to understand in what I’m trying to measure, I know I called the thread what is more extreme and I now realise that was a mistake, but the purpose of the name was to try and draw in as many participants as possible that is all. Sensation seeking is a personality trait and both sports are expected to read higher than that of someone that participates in more mainstream sports but the investigation is just trying to find out whether there is a distinct difference between skiers and snowboarders. As there have been many studies done and many academics have defined many other differences between the sports. Then I also asked the question of conflict to try and distinguish if there is a relationship between high sensation seeking scores and conflict on the slopes. The survey measures your personality not your competence of skiing or snowboarding.
Thanks anyway for everyone that has filled in my survey.
snow report
geepee wrote:
Hurtle, Wouldn't want a solicitor to lose her briefs. Shocked Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

You never disappoint Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Not going to read all this but i think they are both the same, just depends how crazy you are!! Toofy Grin
latest report
richardK, And this numpty seems to want to measure the crazy in black or white . . . you'd get more out of reading runes than that survey rolling eyes
latest report
I've ignored this thread for a few days now but as it's got to 5 pages I thought I should look out of morbid interest. I'm going to "do" the questionnaire now I may be some time. snowHead
snow report
"Ok man! pass the spliff and get the sex tape on." Some of the q's were offensive. "Queers?" What decade was this written? If it helps I don't care. Move on. snowHead
snow report
It was written in the 90's I know some of the questions are a bit dated but this is the most current version of the survey available and to keep its validity i didnt want to start messing aroud with questions. sorry. But thanks for doing it for me anyway Smile
snow conditions
Does this site get more visitors when coming closer to the ski season?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nowely, yes, it does
ski holidays
Nowely, and they get cranky too cos its a long time since their last fix Toofy Grin
latest report
Nowely, If it had been written in the 70's with racist questions would you still use it unaltered?
ski holidays
agt, No of I wouldt want to use it if it had racist questions but the questionnaire is still used today and im not at an academic standard to alter a already valid questionnaire.
snow report
Nowely wrote:
agt, No of I wouldt want to use it if it had racist questions but the questionnaire is still used today and im not at an academic standard to alter a already valid questionnaire.

As a third year university student you should certainly be capable of parsing the questionnaire and rephrasing to eliminate the blatant offensiveness. You should also be capable of an acceptable grammatical standard. Yup(sic), you're a lazy numpty rolling eyes
snow conditions
Why is he/she using an old questionare in the first place?

What is he surveying again? The difference in the response between then and now?

I'm thoroughly confused as to what the survey is about.
ski holidays
The survey is to measure the sensation seeking scores of snowboarders and skiiers and to see if there is a differnce between the two sports. From the survey then i can also compare age groups and genders and see if there are any links to conflic on the slopes.
latest report
Does anyone else on here use any other forums that I may be able to gain more candidates from?
ski holidays
Nowely, yes, you shoud try TGR at http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/ they have more members than this forum so you will probably get more responses.
snow report
Swirly wrote:
Nowely, yes, you shoud try TGR at http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/ they have more members than this forum so you will probably get more responses.

I agree with Swirly, and they are really into wintersports so you will get a good feel for the thrill seekers, and what they think.
snow report
Would you like to...
a. Inflict dated (at least one is homophobic) questions on friends elsewhere on the web.
b. Recommend TGR
ski holidays
Can we just close this Be Nice please! thread already?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy