Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats more extreme Snowboarding or Skiing !!! Please Help !!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello people

I am a 3rd year student from the university of portsmouth and i am doing my dissertation project on the sensation seeking differences between skiing and snowboarding and wether these differences then lead to having more likelyhood of experiencing conflict on the slopes. if you could please fill in the questionnaire by following the link below i would be very greatful.

http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=9bd9ebc6-1a9a-482d-acdc-35edf3ec599e

Please answer the questions truthfully and thankyou very much, i will post my results from the study on here after i have analysed and reported them.

Plus just to make this clear as some people seem to been having a few issues. The questionnaire was not designed by me it is the work of a Dr Marvin Zuckerman and measures the psychological trait of sensation seeking. The questionnaire is for both skiiers and snowboarders and the reults have not been manipulated in any way.

Thanks
Sam Nowell
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I prefer the work of Dr Marvin Monroe

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowblading is more steezy than either.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
and your final question is one where I can answer yes to both through the harsh experience of my own skiing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Done Sam, the good doctor does need a spelling lesson though!! wink wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone if you could ask your friends or family to fill it in for me to that would be great. i need as many skiers and snowboarders to do it as possible.

Thankyou
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rungsp wrote:
and your final question is one where I can answer yes to both through the harsh experience of my own skiing

Same here and for quite a few other snowheads at a guess!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I got as far as the second question - there seems to be no facility for answering that you do both.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I understand that maybe on a few you could answer to both questions and some that none would apply to you, but you just need to answer to which would 'most' apply to you.
Thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you ski and snowboard you just need to choose the one that you would associate yourself with most please.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He's the leader of the gang . . .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm sorry but that was retarded.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can not be the first person to Google The good doctor wink Shocked and see that the top result on Google is:

Dr. Marvin Zuckerman practices obstetrics & gynecology in Fort Lee, New Jersey.

It does beg the question? why
Quote:

psychological trait of sensation seeking

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's a banner ad Shocked . I'm out

Hottest Colombian Women
100s Ravishing Colombian Women Seeking Men for Chat, Dating & Love
AmoLatina.com

... and that with some of the weird questions (and spelling mistakes) suggests to me that this nothing to do with skiing!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you look at the second one down on google! Dr. Marvin Zuckerman is Professor Emeritus at the University of Delaware. His research involves the sensation-seeking trait.
bigthink.com/marvinzuckerman

Hes a clever man!!
snow report
I guess all snowboarders select (a) for question 27..........!!!!

Toofy Grin wink
latest report
Im sorry about the banner ad, but that couldn't be avoided as my university wouldnt fund my dissertation so i needed to use a free survey provider.
sorry about that. Smile
ski holidays
Nowely, so use survey monkey. it's just that some of your questions, while they may well be valid (I wouldn't know) are a bit unsavoury and that with the nature of the banner ads makes me suspicious.
snow report
They didnt just not fund mine they just dont offer funding to anyone lol
snow conditions
Yes but the free account on survey monkey only lets you have 10 questions and has limited amount of responses allowed per month. So the advertisements where a sacrifice I had to make, sorry!
ski holidays
Ah - I didn't know that
latest report
I gave up - the survey perceives the world in black or white - I won't do anything illegal but I do enjoy exciting things, and I found some of the questions offensive.
ski holidays
Thats cool.
Thanks anyway
snowHead
latest report
Thats cool.
Thanks anyway
snowHead
snow report
The questionnaire is quite old but its the most reliable way to measure the sensation seeking trait still. im sorry if you found some of the questions offensive.
snow conditions
If you found some of the questions offensive I think I can guess how you voted. Think I may be the worlds most boring snowboarder based on the way I think you'd want a snowboarder to answer to prove the reason for conflict.
ski holidays
Nowely, it was the ones that asked about homosexuals - the either/or was too narrow since I have no interest in the sexual preferences of my friends. Some of the other questions were also too narrow for me to answer - a wider choice would have helped.
When i did my thesis i found that 4 answers to each multiple choice question gave a more accurate sample - my thesis delt with the location of horse shows for intercollegiate altheletes.
latest report
All I want is for people to answer the questions truthfully so if thats what you have done then thank you, I dont mind what the results show if they are truthful.
Thanks
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everyone is going really well so far, Tell your friends Smile
snow report
skinanny wrote:
Nowely, it was the ones that asked about homosexuals - the either/or was too narrow since I have no interest in the sexual preferences of my friends. Some of the other questions were also too narrow for me to answer - a wider choice would have helped.
When i did my thesis i found that 4 answers to each multiple choice question gave a more accurate sample - my thesis delt with the location of horse shows for intercollegiate altheletes.

I know the questions are narrow but the answers need to be like that as each answer has a value to work out the final sensation seeking score. as i previously mentioned too the questionnaire was not made by me, but is a proven reliable source to measure the sensation seeking trait.
But thanks for your comments.
Thanks
snow report
Nowely, hi Sam, I trust Brett warned you that you'd get flamed on here?! Laughing I'll do your survey in a minute, or maybe tomorrow, as it's rather late.
snow conditions
Hurtle, You are too extreme for this survey... now get to bed!!! Laughing
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
Nowely, hi Sam, I trust Brett warned you that you'd get flamed on here?! Laughing I'll do your survey in a minute, or maybe tomorrow, as it's rather late.

Dont worry i can take it lol but thanks man! appreciate it.
ski holidays
Scarpa, I was on my way, had a quick final look in (as you do) and realised that I'd met Sam. So have now done the survey after a fashion (neither alternative was to my taste, in a lot of cases.) Good luck, anyway, Sam!
ski holidays
Quote:

it is a proven reliable source to measure the sensation seeking trait

Now the evidence base for that would be the interesting post
latest report
anarchicsaltire, I can give links to other journals where other scientists have used the exact same questionnaire to measure the trait. its easily researched on google if you like. the Inventor is Dr Marvin Zuckerman and I am using the sensation seeking score scale - V questionnaire as the scale - V is arguably the most tested and reliable source
snow report
Done. However I think whilst the survey might be the best way to get useable results, I rather doubt they'll be the most accurate results. I can also tell you the answer to your dissertation, conflict was only in the minds of the sort of people who's opinions you wouldn't give a damn about anyway. I'd guess the correct answer would give you relatively few marks though wink
ski holidays
I could not answer the questions truthfully so never got past question 5. The questions are too extreme one way or the other which means I could answer each question with either of the answers in an equal manner. That is one bad survey - should have a sliding scale of 5 answers like most decent surveys
ski holidays
Pretty random questions. Most of the choices arent exclusive, so to only answer one is to guess. How can that be relevant? Given the number of replys saying they can't complete the survey how can the results reflect the population?
latest report
agt wrote:
Pretty random questions. Most of the choices arent exclusive, so to only answer one is to guess. How can that be relevant? Given the number of replys saying they can't complete the survey how can the results reflect the population?

I binned the questionnaire on the same basis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy