Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2010 / 2011 Snow Reports

Poster: A snowHead
Weather update: Just got down and thought an update was needed. The sun is shinning, there are only a few high clouds, it is quite warm and there is no sign of snow or rain right now. Seems the forecast for this morning was rather off target. Looking across the mountains from my window, there are some clouds lower in the distance so maybe if the wind picks up things could change. We will all just have to wait and see and cross our fingers for snow.

The piste and snow conditions update: Conditions have not really changed since yesterday so I will not just repeat what I wrote then. Still, do not be down heartened, there is still plenty to ski or ride on. The air bag, waterslide, snowpark, skicross, boardercross and luge parks are still fun. Even the pistes are ok in most places and there is firm chalky snow off piste. So it is still better than being in the office! You can even go home with a suntan. Have a good holiday.

Remember to have a look at all the new photos on my facebook group page if you want to see what things look like right now.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134900026541300&v=photos
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
relaxing in Arvi Bar in 1600. A good day. pistes softened up and really grippy. Happy to let my board run today. plenty of fun on the airbag.piste conditions are pretty amazing given the lack of recent snow. pisteurs doing a grand job.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richie_S wrote:
relaxing in Arvi Bar in 1600. A good day. pistes softened up and really grippy. Happy to let my board run today. plenty of fun on the airbag.piste conditions are pretty amazing given the lack of recent snow. pisteurs doing a grand job.
are you expecting snow tonight
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from family trip to 1600. Conditions were much better than I had expected given the lack of snowfall and we had a great time. The pisteurs really are doing an amazing job. The bonus was the weather which was perfect - no clouds, no wind, not too hot or too cold for a whole week. A few tips based on our trip:

- take it easy the first day and control your speed. The pistes are generally hard and fast with some icy patches which could catch you out. I noticed a lot more arms in casts / splints than usual.

- pistes tend to be best in the morning before the steep bits have had the snow side-slipped off. If you find a good run then keep doing it !

- many of the boring travelator blues (eg Arpette, Edelweiss) which link areas were pretty busy as many seem to be staying off the reds so avoid these other than where necessary.

- many of the reds were excellent - especially in the morning - and very quiet. We had the Grand Renard to ourselves many mornings so just kept ski-ing it as the snow was excellent. Clocheret (red) was also very good and quiet. Belette (under the Derby chair above Vallandry) was also good but busier.

- for treeline ski-ing the Mont Blanc blue down to 1600 was in fantastic nick and very quiet - probably thanks to the slow chair.

- unless you are a confident skier avoid the pistes which are marked as icy even if the bit you can see looks OK. We learnt this the hard way when we foolishly took the kids right down Vallee de l'arc (blue). One long steep section lower down was so hard / icy late in the day that they could not handle it despite being fairly competent (ESF 3 Star) skiers and we were saved by the excellent piste patrol.

- some of the reds have been left as unpisted hard-packed (for example Tuffes under the Arcabulle chair) which many will want to avoid. Clair Blanc off the top of the Arpette is a complete nightmare and should be closed. Stick to the non-bumpy pisted reds unless you are an expert.

- did not do much off-piste. Mainly bits between pistes where I could see it looked OK. The snow was pretty hard and not much different to ski than the pistes.

- there are a few stony patches (notably on Edelweiss and Belette). But if you stick to the softer snow down the right edge of the runs you can avoid them. I only picked up one small nick all week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do my eyes deceive me or is it snowing on the Webcams Puzzled

Not that it makes much difference to me as not back to April
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris, I just had a look and saw that as well.

The official forecast for tomorrow is as follows. I am not back until tomorrow evening so will be interested to see if we get the 10cm.

WEATHER FORECASTS: On Wednesday the cloud cover thickens and is thickest in the morning. Very low rainfall in the valley gradually developing in the morning and higher mountains are griped with massive snow above 1000/1200m. Expected 10 cm above 1500 m.

Not sure I would call 10cm massive, but that is the translation of what is written according to google. Anyway, better than nothing, bring it on Toofy Grin

Update: Just spoke with a friend up the mountain, they have a little fresh, but not much. Everyone coming out this weekend, keep up the snow dance!!!! Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OMG another Les Arc web cam has just popped up, I wish they could keep them all working tho

New one on the Snowpark, looks a little strange at the moment Puzzled

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=412&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
livetoski, it looks a bit windy!!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
livetoski, I wish there was more snow on them - the one on the Vanoise looking at Vallandry is depressing me with how high the snow line is
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
As we left yesterday afternoon, after 3 beautiful sunny days, it started to snow - at about 2pm... we left the hill at 3pm for the journey home and about 1cm had fallen.

I agree with what OldHacker has to say. I'm not sure about 'stony patches' - but I boarded Belette most days, and there were some stones dotted about but nothing significant. After 4 days boarding, my board has sustained nothing more than a couple of minor base scratches which will all but disappear when it's next waxed. Par for the course, really.

A couple of the reds into Vallandry were shut (Mrytilles for example) but the Aigle and the Ours (with snow cannons) were open and good to board, once the snow loosened up a bit later in the day.

I remain impressed about how well the pistes had held up without fresh snow for such a long period - thou, had I not been with 7 other boarders, I may well have opted to ski and benefit from two edges!

For a quiet drink at the end of the day, if you are in 1600 or waiting to get the Funi down to Bourg, I wholeheartedly recommend the Arvi Bar at one end of the 'precinct' beyond the Spar. (a new discovery for us, but great panoramic window view over the Valley, free wifi, and comfortable seating). 5E50 a large beer. The bar near the lifts is cheaper at 5E, but they ran out of pression beer on our first night there and for me at least it lacks atmosphere - I mourn the loss of the more spit and sawdust 'Les Trois Arcs' that used to be next door.

Disappointed in the 'pie huts' this year, that are dotted around the mountain (just beneath the Marmottes chair, top of Charmontoger ). Usually able to get a quick bite to eat - a slice of pie/quiche - for 3E80 (and the much loved 'energie' chocolate and raspberry jam tart). They have 'graduated' to Paninis and Hot Dogs for 5E - and it's not an improvement, but still ok i guess.

We also ate at Maxima in Vallandry, literally just by the bottom of the lift. Burgers were good (no replacement for the Flying Squirrel's thou), with a generous portion of chips - for 11E50. A good sized pizza for 10E, which was adequate size to share, and leave room for a delish chantilly gauffres for 3E50.

The snowpark improves every year. Wall, Stairset, Green, Red and Black jumps, loads of rails/flat boxes/butter boxes. And of course, the airbag - open from 12 til 4 - great fun!

If you are going out, even if it snows moderately - i would exercise caution if tempted by the near off-piste - alot of the near off piste had significantly exposed rocks/tree stumps etc. which won't have much cover unless there are significant new falls.

Have a great time if you are heading out - even if the current snowfall is modest it'll freshen up the pistes and there is plenty of base down to ensure you have a good time!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I mourn the loss of the more spit and sawdust 'Les Trois Arcs' that used to be next door.

say it ain't so... that's where we hang out when our " lightening rod" buddy ( you know the one: the guy you always invite to come on a trip because if anything bad is going to happen, they'll take the hit...) is in the 1600 medical centre.

Has anything replaced it?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JimW wrote:
Quote:

I mourn the loss of the more spit and sawdust 'Les Trois Arcs' that used to be next door.

say it ain't so... Has anything replaced it?

From memory, a ski rental place has replaced the actual premises 'Les Trois Arcs' was in, but if you look downhill at where LTA was, there is now a new restaurant on its left, can't remember what they've called it, but pretty sure not 'Les Trois Arcs', although it did have that on their receipts last time I went.

Just not the same as the old place. LTA was a favourite of mine.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
allanm, it was still called the Trois Arcs last year, had a nice lunch with the panoramic views there.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JimW, "lightning rod buddy" - lol, i know exactly what you mean, we have two on our trip! And also used LTA as a watering hole while the medi centre is needed.

basically, i tbink LTA and the ski sbop that used to be on tge corner of that block swapped premises, and Allanm, i think it is stikl called LTA. But the new place lacks atmosphere and is more cosmopolitan in style, although there are now views out over the valley. still ok for a beer outside, until they ran out of beer. Arvi Bar just had a better vibes to it, and a telly to catch the final minutes of the rugby.

further, the ESF instructors who used to frequent LTA now seem more prevalent in Arvi, which i take as a good sign. Also, they serve Warstiener on draft, which is vast improvement over Amstel...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowcrazy wrote:
The official forecast for tomorrow is as follows.[...] On Wednesday the cloud cover thickens and is thickest in the morning. Very low rainfall in the valley gradually developing in the morning and higher mountains are griped with massive snow above 1000/1200m. Expected 10 cm above 1500 m.

Hi, what forecast/weather site do you find most accurate for Les Arcs? Do you have a link for the above forecast, please?

Thanks!
snow report
I think meteochamonix is the most accurate for the region.
snow report
b]elziko[/b], I get my details direct from the mountain and meteo office each morning and then post the translated version on my facebook group page. You will need to look at my page about 8.30am to read the days update.

Matthew Way, the details they publish on the chamonix update for Les Arcs area comes from the bourg office each morning then is added to there details for the region as a whole. All the France meteo offices work together to some extent.

Richie_S, Freddie Paellahead, allanm, elziko, JimW, the old 'Les Trois Arcs' bar went two years ago. It is now called the 'Authentic'. I do not like it very much, as has been said, it lost it's atmosphere and the service is rubbish, to slow now at least in my opinion. The best place for a quiet drink is in the Bergen Hotel Bar just up the hill on skiers right as you come down towards the funi before you get to the bottom of the piste. Very nice and friendly bar staff.

Well, the snow came, and the snow went. Not much really. At most 3 cm to 5cm depending on where on the mountain you went. Tomorrow I shall do a tour around and see if any is still left after the winds today. Hope so. Mixed weather coming now, so will have to hope the predicted snow later next week turns into more than we got this time. Still I heard from my friends today that the park was fun.
latest report
snowcrazy wrote:

Richie_S, Freddie Paellahead, allanm, elziko, JimW, the old 'Les Trois Arcs' bar went two years ago. It is now called the 'Authentic'. I do not like it very much, as has been said, it lost it's atmosphere and the service is rubbish, to slow now at least in my opinion.

Yup, 'tis not too often that I seem to be agreeing with snowcrazy but 100% on this one.... wink
snow conditions
snowcrazy, Bergen Hotel Bar.... I'll shall make a mental note to try it out next time I am over.

(the old Trois Arcs bar would nearly always turn up with a free round of drinks for my group of friends during our stays there ( normally 5 minutes before imminent departure of last Funi down to Bourg, which we needed to catch!) - so was endearing from that point of view too!
snow report
allanm,
Quote:

'tis not too often that I seem to be agreeing with snowcrazy but 100% on this one.... wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

whats the new Squirrel like anyone been there yet????????????????????

2 weeks tomorrow will be there Very Happy
ski holidays
livetoski wrote:
allanm,
Quote:

'tis not too often that I seem to be agreeing with snowcrazy but 100% on this one.... wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice to see all these smilies.. what it's all about!! ....... isn't it?
snow conditions
Quote:

Nice to see all these smilies.. what it's all about!!

sorry allan few to many reds Shocked finger stuck on the keys
latest report
livetoski, Yes, too many sticky reds can be a real PITA..... wink
ski holidays
livetoski, went past it a week or so ago, did not go in. As it is getting busy, might be a good excuse for a coffee stop. If I go in I will let you know.

Conditions today were very mixed as expected. A group of us did a lazy ski around the Arc 2000 bowl area and up the grand col. Snow is ok on the pistes at higher altitude, the fresh few cm's seemed to have improved the top layer, but only a little. There are a few stones being dragged onto the pistes by the basher each night when they use snow from the sides. Watch out for small stones in some places, very annoying. The lower pistes are getting well skied as it is starting to be busy now, but they are still holding up well. Take care at junctions and lifts, there are hard compacted icy patches.

The off piste has hardly changed, there is some soft patches but the little fresh snow that did fall has now been well skied and compacted into the old snow in most places that can be reached easily near to the pistes. Going further afield I did find better stretches of soft snow around lunch time The clouds came and went today quite often higher up the mountain so navigation when off piste was interesting. If anyone is coming out, take a guide, they should be able to find you good firm chalky snow to ski or ride, but there are rocks just below the surface just waiting to catch you out.

The snowpark is fun and busy. There is a skicross course under the Vagere chair lift at the moment, was built for a race, not sure how long it will stay for. There is also a new skicross beside the snow park and another over in the Arc 2000 bowl. The air bag was busy again today, but the waterslide was closed due to ice. It is getting colder again.

They are predicting more snow in the coming days, but not yet saying how much. Let us all hope for a BIG DUMP Toofy Grin but I fear it will be similar to the last one, just a few cm's. Hope I am wrong Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Another good day in the Paradiski. Started this morning from Arc 1600 and went across to the VE via the Derby chair for a change. Good pistes all the way and not many people. I do like Saturday changeovers!! Toofy Grin

Across the VE onto the La Plagne side and then a fast ski all the way down to La Roche. Back up, over the top of Les Verdons and down to Champagny Village with a little off piste route down the ridge on the way in a short couloir, quite fun in chalky snow. All the pistes across La Plagne that we went down were in good condition, even to the low villages, but there are a few small stones on the pistes just to annoy you. Finally up Roche de Mio and down through the cliffs on good chalky snow to the chair and up to the Bellecote Glacier. snowHead

Our final route, off piste down the Canadian Couloir which was in the shade, firm chalky snow with a few patches of soft fresh snow from the recent snowfall still around. Very Happy

Met a group of ESF near the bottom, they came down the Petit Face route. They had no safety kit, except the Instructor, what a good example to the youngsters. Evil or Very Mad

Had a nice picnic in the sun on the way down, a quick coffee at the bottom (great place for lunch at the cross country course above Nancroix in the Cheval Restaurant).

Back into Peisey Vallandry and across to the snowpark and waterslide (open again today) for a bit of entertainment Twisted Evil and home. Another good day out in the sun most of the day.

For those coming out, the clouds have now come over and there might be a little snow tomorrow, nothing yet. The pistes higher on the mountain are in good condition and if you stick to those pistes lower down where there are snow canons they are also holding up well. The off piste is very mixed, but still worth taking a guide to show you those quiet places away from the crowds. There are always the snowparks, waterslide, boadercross courses and luge runs to keep you busy as well. Have a fun holiday.

Take a look at todays photos that I have just posted in my facebook group.

ski holidays
I haven't skied under the Roche de Mio to the col between it and Bellecote but it was obvious when I was there on a nice clear, sunny day that lots of people were finding lots of routes down. Looking down the slope into the valley from the adjacent run back towards Vanoise Express side of the area, from the bubble between the peaks and as is apparent on the 1:25,000 map it's also obvious there's lots of 'dead ends' that you really don't want to end up in unless you're into base jumping. Considering all that, I wondered why there isn't at least an itiniere off the Roche de Mio ? Puzzled
latest report
My family went over to Les Arcs today for first time and were very happy with it. They thought pistes were better there than La Plagne but was only 1st day of holiday so not exactly skied everything yet Smile . Went to Aiguille Rouge and then back - seemed to enjoy it a lot and were very impressed with what the piste guys had done to keep things as good as possible.
snow conditions
Radar shows a decent lump of snow heading into the area tonight Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Light snow here in Villaroger this morning, less than a cm, but it is still coming down snowHead
snow report
Morning all, just updated all the 'Web Cam' links on my facebook group page and all work. You ask why have I done that. Because it has snowed. At least 1cm here and looks like a little more higher up. With some snow on the roads so take care if you are driving this morning. Very cloudy lower down, but also overcast higher on the mountain and still snowing lightly. Looks like a bad weather day with poor vis and flat light. Official weather and snow report update coming shortly on my facebook group page as soon as the details arrive for me to translate. Have a nice day.

moffatross Yes, there are many routes down all those couloirs, some very good fun, but others very dangerous. They do not have itinieres in France anymore, not for a few years now, but they have used the USA idea of 'piste nature' areas, basicly 'inbound safe off pistes' which are protected but not pisted. I think they are a great idea for those wishing to get into off piste but do not have all the safety gear needed.

It would not be possible to put a piste nature through the cliffs, but there is one lower down in the valley now called 'Piste Dechoir', if they ever open it. The problem with the new piste is there has not been enough snow to make it safe as La Plagne authorities have not called this a 'piste nature' although the pisteurs I have spoken with say that is what it really is.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 20-02-11 8:27; edited 2 times in total
latest report
snowcrazy,
Quote:

Because it has snowed.

Very Happy
snow report
As I am still online. here is a copy of the weather and snow report update from my facebook group page for today.

TODAY'S SNOW DEPTHS and TEMPERATURES: (at 8am each morning)
Altitude, 1620/1800m: 53cm, -2.2; 2040m: 84cm, -3.6; 2400m: 132, -6.3;
3000m: 150cm, -11

Maximum temperatures today: 0° à 1000 m ; -2° à 2000 m et -8° à 3000 m.
......Risque d’avalanche (1 à 5) : 2 Dernière chute de neige : Dim.. 20 février 2011 2cm

WEATHER FORECASTS & DAY: The winter is back! The conditions in the mountains are overcast and cloudy with low snowfall from 800m in the morning and into the afternoon. Strong winds in the moutains. Conditions might improve later in the day, but with clouds hanging around the summits.

Tomorrow it is expected that small snow flurries will occur again in the morning and then dry up in the afternoon. The mountain slopes are likely to be caught in banks of clouds at times.

REMONTEES FERMEES
SECTEUR PEISEY-VALLANDRY : TK Combe,
SECTEUR 1600 TK Pierre Blanche, TK Millerette
SECTEUR 1800 : Ouvert
SECTEUR 2000 : Ouvert TPH AIGUILLE ROUGE DECALE
...SECTEUR VILLAROGER : TK Rhonaz

LA BONNE PISTE:
SECTEUR 1600 : MONT BLANC
SECTEUR 1800 : GRANDS MELEZES
SECTEUR 2000 : VALLEE DE L’ARC
SECTEUR PEISEY-VALLANDRY : AIGLE

TIPS OF THE DAY
Due to weather the Aiguille Rouge is closed this morning. As expected the weather (light snow from 800m), best skiing this morning is in the sectors with forests and away from the wind for better visibility in the snowy conditions: Mont Blanc forest area 1600, and especially Villaroger / Peisey-Vallandry for its wide selection of pistes in the forest.
CAUTION: Remember to slow down when approaching departure of the ski lifts and snow on the fronts of each station; SKI WITH CARE
snow report
CP wrote:
Light snow here in Villaroger this morning, less than a cm,

Sad
snow report
It's looking pretty snowy on the Les Arcs/La Plagne webcams this morning! snowHead

Fingers crossed for a good covering. So nice to see the roofs and trees white again.
snow report
It has snowed all day, not a huge dump but conditions benefiting from it. Good news is it is still snowing even down here in Villaroger and it looks like it may continue through the night :sH
ski holidays
Yes it snowed today, in fact it is still snowing a little outside right now. There was about 3 to 5cm of fresh snow which helped to take the pressure off the pistes a little as the crowds have arrived. We had to queue on most lifts. Evil or Very Mad

The pistes this morning were covered with a nice layer of fresh snow, but the hard compacted surface was just underneath waiting to catch you out. In the busier places this surface quickly came through, but on the quieter runs there was some good skiing to be found. On the tree runs visibility was good, but on the open areas you spent most of your time trying to feel your way down the pistes, sometimes over moguls. Lot's of fun! Toofy Grin

The off piste was very limited due to flat light and poor vis in most places away from the trees. In the trees the snow cover is still quite thin so great care was needed to avoid rocks or tree roots. Some good open patches were found, but you were never to sure what you would hit next.

Still, it is snowing at last and not melting or raining. More to come tomorrow we hope. snowHead

Oh yes, nearly forgot. There was a strike today by employees of CDA (lift company). They meet at the bottom of Funi in Bourg and later in Arc 1800 and over in La Plagne. Photos and TV chat, but no problem for the lifts. All back to normal tomorrow they say.
ski holidays
snowcrazy, good to hear its still snowing this evening, save a little snow for me please, 13 sleeps to go Very Happy
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
moffatross Yes, there are many routes down all those couloirs, some very good fun, but others very dangerous. They do not have itinieres in France anymore, not for a few years now, but they have used the USA idea of 'piste nature' areas, basicly 'inbound safe off pistes' which are protected but not pisted. I think they are a great idea for those wishing to get into off piste but do not have all the safety gear needed.

It would not be possible to put a piste nature through the cliffs, but there is one lower down in the valley now called 'Piste Dechoir', if they ever open it. The problem with the new piste is there has not been enough snow to make it safe as La Plagne authorities have not called this a 'piste nature' although the pisteurs I have spoken with say that is what it really is.

snowcrazy, thanks Smile I didn't know their definition had changed to 'piste nature'. The safest routes down through the cliffs I presume are too sketchy at times to encourage folk with the opportunity of taking a nice, fluffy sounding 'piste nature' ?

Talking of safety gear, I've just returned from a SAIS run freeride safety course (pics in Scottish thread). The whole day was the best bit of learning I've done in a long while but the 'mock avalanche' rescues were seriously thought provoking and brought it home to us all that even if you are familiar with your safety gear, that chaos in the aftermath when you really need to use that gear presents a whole load of possible problems to be aware of (and we were dealt lots of them).
snow report
moffatross, The routes down through the cliffs would be far to difficult, even following the easiest line to ever be considered a 'piste nature'. The route down the valley if it ever has enough snow is much easier.

Your course sounds good. We run similar stuff out here with the pisteurs and people are always amazed how hard it is to find people in time and how much training a person really needs. Not a task to ever be taken lightly. Having the gear is only a part of the solution to off piste safety. Learning to use it, work together and reading the conditions are all equally important. If you are ever coming out to Les Arcs, drop me a line and we could meet for a beer and a chat.
latest report
Today there was powder, real powder to ski at last. At times 10cm or more. Even with the poor light at times is was possible to get away from the crowds into the untracked areas. After a little trip down the Deux Tetes off piste area for first tracks when the lifts opened, we crossed over to La Plagne via the forest above Peisey and up to the top of Roche du Mio. Then a careful route down to the valley on untracked powder the whole way.

After a few lifts back up to the ridge it was down the open area to the Chalet du Froilin Chair from the other side in more fresh snow. Finally back up to the ridge and even more powder through the meadows and forests above Les Coches and over the VE back to Les Arcs.

A quick trip back through the forest crossing some pistes to avoid the crowds to the Vagere chair in Arc 1800 and then over to the snowpark to watch some of the up-and-coming French free style riders taking air on the jumps before heading to the top of the Clocheret chair and down the Comborciere Valley. Another chance for fresh tracks. In fact it was such fun, went back up and did it again before finally heading to George's Wine Bar in Arc 1950 for some well earned beers.

Overall, the latest snowfall has done a good job of refreshing the 'on and off piste' areas with up to 10cm of fresh snow in places. However the hard compact surface is only just covered and is starting to come through again on busy pistes. With more snow forecast, conditions should continue to improve over the next few days.

Pics of today are on my facbook group page. Take a look!

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy