Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whaddya Need , Watchya Getting

Poster: A snowHead
Fifespud, I didn't find the Titans to be very stiff, mind you both skimottaret, and myself are pretty big guys. I haven't skied the Elans so can't give you a comparison.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman, haven't you got a landrover, don't you need a set of 5 16inch alloys with 1 new the rest nealy new 235/85/16 general grabbers. Toofy Grin

i have some for sale i think wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Q1 - Nothing
Q2 - Something I don't need. Freestyle noodles, probably.

I caught some of the early entries to the 0n3p competition, but missed the actual winner. That is AWESOME. Puking rainbows.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dot. wrote:
Spyderman, haven't you got a landrover, don't you need a set of 5 16inch alloys with 1 new the rest nealy new 235/85/16 general grabbers. Toofy Grin

i have some for sale i think wink

I've got 2 Land Rovers, a 1954 Series 1 88" with 6.00x16 tyres on original steels and a 1981 Series 3 on Snatch Steels with 9.00x16 Michelin XL tyres, metric equivalent of 255/100R16, 36.5" tall.Toofy Grin

Thanks for the offer, but you can't fit alloys to a Series and the tyres are too small.
I'll ask around for you though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Head have got a bit of previous for slightly tenuous technologies - the whole "chip" thing was brilliant too. The Fernie rental shop is all Head and we get an amazing 20% off RRP or something expensive Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
new gear arrived this week ahhh the smell of new goretex Toofy Grin

now just looking through the homenkol catelogue to waste some cash on more tuning stuff... gotta have an adjustable base bevel guide, digital iron and other junk i dont really need wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't need anything, except some touring kit for the family (See Buy, Sell, Exchange). Have over 30 pairs of skis Embarassed

... however, just saw the new Whitedots ....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't specifically need anything
But I might buy 2 skis, 2 poles, and 1 bag

Can't decide what to try/buy though. Had fun on Atomic GS, but like the idea of something a bit more all mountain.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Have over 30 pairs of skis Embarassed

NOW we are talking Cool Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Head Peak 78's - cheapish - tinternet.

Decente Jacket - half price - Blues Glasgow sale.

All set to go.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
barry,
Quote:

tempted by Movement Super Turbo's (the 202 longs naturellement, cos i'm proper 'core) tempted, tempted.

wink wink you know you want to give us a shout if you want to try some
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wouldn't mind some new gloves

But what I really want is some powder to try my redeemers in... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't need anything - new gloves and tops last year - but both children need new jackets and one needs new trousers, as they've both outgrown theirs. I've tried not feeding them, but apparently that is frowned upon rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
livetoski, love to bud, but staying on the wagon. Already have the proper Goliaths so just cant justify new ones effectively so close to them (though looking at the shape of the turbos and reading your test report, reckon they're even more fun). Will give it a season to see what deals come through Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ahhh, got too many skis at the mo! Gonna be selling a whole bunch here soon....and can't wait to try the new Whitedot Ragnarok XII's!
latest report
I need 4 new mud tyres, a pair of waffle boards and a new man size snow shovel.
ski holidays
I need;

new boots (old ones have had in excess of 600 days)
new gloves (old ones smell...like real bad. Hestra Army XCR on order)
new pants (old ones got ripped and spent last season held together with duck tape)
new jacket (just cos its soo pretty, can't afford it)
new goggles (old ones have duck tape rather than foam on the top)
a decent touring setup
new board (got my boots last season, old board is too narrow oh..and I sold it)
new poles (snapped my three yr old rentals last year)
new shovel (old BCA tour snapped during some spring sessions at the end of last season)

I'm getting;

gloves
boots
goggles

thats probably it before I run out of money. I must then beg, steal and borrow for the Shovel(essential) and the new pants and I suppose I will try to wrangle a set of poles from somewhere.
snow report
Don't need but am getting those Leki Trigger poles, amazing! Just bought some adjustable ones for the ankle biter and they are amazing will be getting some for myself. For those who don't know the pole strap stays on your glove and you hook it on and off the pole, seems like a fab idea to me snowHead
latest report
sarah, i had those and binned em.. great idea but a pain to use dont bother...
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
sarah, i had those and binned em.. great idea but a pain to use dont bother...

Noooooooo!!!! Really?? They look amazing! Honestly? They were rubbish in practice?
ski holidays
Are there any adjustable poles which can do double duty (with a change of baskets) as ski poles and walking poles?
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
Are there any adjustable poles which can do double duty (with a change of baskets) as ski poles and walking poles?

Must be, how different can they be? Have you looked at the Leki website?

I am smarting now from skimottaret's comment above, thought I had a new little trick for the new season Confused
snow report
I've had leki telescopic poles with Triggers for the last 6 years now. love them. Triggers are great when they work. Rubbish if you get snow in the recess. I use my poles for walking also but don't bother changing the baskets. Ski poles are normally 2 leghth telescopic and walking poles normally 3 length so walking poles pack down shorter.
ski holidays
sarah, I have been using Leki triggers for the last 6 years as well, love them, I just need some new new bigger baskets for them
snow report
Dot., livetoski, thanks, I will be giving them a go then.
snow report
Need nothing, will probably want (and get) various bits of ski gear that appear ridiculously cheaply in the local Tacky Maxx. And if Ski Warehouse in Tamworth get any Killy softshell jackets to go with Killy softshell trousers I bought from them last season I defiantly need (in the sense of the word my six year old 'needs' things Smile ) one of those.
snow report
For me.... I lost some skis last year after carelessly leaving them somewhere stupid... so
For definate...
Atomic Race SL (Double Decks but going to hunt down the Japenese exports as they are blue and white rather than red and white)...

And with permission...
Salamon Grip board
snow report
I would like a pair of burnt orange pants-it's just a whim and I don't really need new ones just fancy a different colour pair Smile
Having said that I am getting some Head Titans. Now, they are blue-I don't have any blue gear, so maybe a whole new outfit is appropriate? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kitty wrote:
I would like a pair of burnt orange pants-it's just a whim and I don't really need new ones just fancy a different colour pair Smile
Having said that I am getting some Head Titans. Now, they are blue-I don't have any blue gear, so maybe a whole new outfit is appropriate? Toofy Grin

Definitely Toofy Grin

I'm not actually planning on buying anything, but as I don't own any skis, maybe I should be thinking about getting a pair. The trouble is although I've tried a few pairs, I've not really got any idea what would suit me best rolling eyes
ski holidays
*sigh* Having a small frame, I find it almost impossible to find an adult ski jacket that fits properly!! Spyder seem to do teenage sizes for their jackets so I'm hoping to splash out on one of them. But the models available are not always great.

Think Adidas ID2 goggles are in order as well Very Happy
ski holidays
Need -
I really should get some more ski trousers age and holes dictate it, however being of slim waist and long leg its really difficult to find any that fit Sad My last pair are still a little short but the best of a bad lot. Smile

Get - will probably end up geting another roll of duct tape to cover up the holes Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Quote:

duct tape

if that stuff didn't exist, the world would fall apart.

replaced most of my stuff over the last 2yrs, so didn't need the gaffa tape to hold the skipants seams together.

/me off to surf the major ski co's websites to make a shortlist of what to buy...
latest report
Bones, I have the same issue and found the fit of Sweet trousers excellent. They seem to have longer legs than all of the other brands I tried and fully cover the cuffs of my boots. With other brands, I had a lot of cuff showing in true gaper style. They also have velcro pull tabs so you can cinch the waist in further, if needed.
latest report
I wonder if you can get bespoke jackets/pants Puzzled
snow report
eclectic, I really wish you hadn't posted that link. I'm now considering adding the jacket to the kit list alongside the Sweet helmet.

On a scale of 1-10, how silly would it be to sacrifice a ski holiday in order to buy more ski kit?
ski holidays
Dr John, 9 or 10 - silly in the extreme. The only possible excuse is if you don't have boots or have very painful ones. But in a pinch you can always eat bread for a week, or something.
latest report
I just received new goggles a few days ago, Smith I/OS (with 2 quick change lenses), off eBay. Very happy!
I also need to replace my 7 season old helmet fairly soon.
snow report
pre ski show update

GOT head titans, mantras with dukes, down sweater, pro shell trousers, new tuning vice and base bevel tool snowHead

now NEED skins, long binding screws for Titans, telemark skis, off piste poles with big baskets and adjustable length, GS helmet (broke my old one), goggles for new helmet, new uniform for business

lots of shopping at ski show Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I don't need anything but I want, more than anything and just judging by the review in a magazine, a pair of Atomic Access. They're as sexy as Debbie Harry in 1978.
latest report
All I need now is a transceiver, Dukes/Barons and some skins. Trying to avoid the temptation to go cheap and buy alpine trekkers for my existing bindings.. I know I'd regret it, but I'd be able to have a go at touring much sooner!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy