Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whaddya Need , Watchya Getting

Poster: A snowHead
Probably already a new season gear thread but for me i only really, really needed new boots so got those.... and they dont count

Dont need but really want so gonna get some Arc'teryx Sidewinder SV trousers and a Patagonia Down Sweater Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
same as I do every season - I shall wait to see what samples and ex-demo stock falls my way.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I dont think I really needed anything...but I've joined the queue for some new whitedot Redeemers Very Happy

You have to have something to get you through till winter!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I could do with some trousers with shorter legs. I know Schoffel do some, but I always seem to miss out on the bargains.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't need anything but might get a new jacket & pants for Christmas and keep old ones as spares.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I needed some gloves so bought the Hestra Sverre/Kaj pro model on sale a while back, kindof (almost) needed a new jacket, so bought a TNF summit series goretex pro shell in the recent sales.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I picked up a green burton goretex shell + some black pants, need to find some white hestras (VCFs?) to complete this season's look... [/gokwan]
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
needed a new jacket as the velcro on my old TNF Plasma is goosed (well, that's what i told the wife anyway!) - got an Arc'teryx Sidewinder AR Very Happy

Need - new pair of planks - the research is underway and well documented Very Happy

Need - a new hat to go with my new jacket

Need - a new lens for my Yodai goggles

that's about it for the needs...

don't really need - a new pair of K2 lock jaw poles
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I may replace my £15 M&S gloves. Or maybe not.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i may replace my £30 TKMax jacket, but maybe not Little Angel
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
New jacket required this year.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
800pairs of ski boots.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, is that a need or a want ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you must be the only person i know with 8,000 toes!! Shocked

clarky999, you've just reminded me my gloves are full of holes so need replacing as well.... Hestra Heli gloves will be my weapon of choice... that can wait until later in the year though!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, Both.
snow conditions
I could do with a new jacket too, the one I have is supposed to be white but hasn't looked clean for a while now.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, that's quite an outlay, even at trade price with discount for volume. €130,000?
ski holidays
I don't need anything and I'm not getting anything.

Can someone remind, if necessary, that I said that? Toofy Grin
latest report
Need - Jscket, trousers, skis, boot deodorizer.

Getting - Sweet FA
snow report
Need: well nothing really. I could get by perfectly on the equipment I owned last season.

Want: new shiny powder skis + bindings and skins, new shiny jacket, Dynafit - compatible boots, a week of heliskiing in Alaska, a flat (or even chalet) in a ski domain somewhere in Europe, three months' paid holiday so I can make use of it...

Getting: two pairs of powder skis: DPS 112 RP Hybrid and ON3P Wrenegade (already bought), bindings for them (not bought yet), skins for them (bought) and shiny new orange jacket (already arrived).

Saving money by not getting new fleeces, underlayers, socks, hats, gloves etc. The ones I have do the job well for the time being.

So you see, I'm quite frugal Toofy Grin
latest report
Thinking of going over to dynafit for ski touring which means new boots and bindings. Would like new powder skis - depends on what I can pick up at the right price.
ski holidays
Need: The coarse edge file I forgot to order from JST last time i made an order Sad ,Oh and some new boots from Graham at Rivington next week Smile

Want: A course of 'sports therapy' massge Toofy Grin
ski holidays
achilles, Dunno, we don't pay for boots, they are given to us in lieu of work in kind.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, wow. All for barter - but 800 boots-worth is a lot of work Shocked
snow report
achilles, I'm kidding. Course we pay for boots. And of course we know how much they cost.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, wink . Whatever it is, it's a lot of up-front cost. IIRC the boot makers don't like supply and return.
snow conditions
Skis. Will need to sell a couple of pairs though Sad

In need of boots too but might try and get another season out the current pair.
ski holidays
achilles, Depends on the relations and services in kind. We order and do alot for some of the brands, that said we remain impartial. Unlike alot of stores.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Need: New pair of gloves to replace the Reusch racing ones I managed to lose at the EoSB. Anyone know of any bargaintastic race gloves?

Want: Dukes/Barons to replace my aged 920s on my Mantras. Skins. Avi transceiver/probe/shovel. New backpack for the above. New slalom skis. Powder skis. A job in the Alps so I can play with the above every day and not just the usual 2.5 weeks.
snow conditions
want/need avi equip for next years off piste adventures = livetoski
want/need new boots =CEM
want/need new fat skis=syderjon
dont want but need helmet Shock

aint snowheads a wonderful place
ski holidays
Need - gear wise nothing - which ain't no fun at all Sad
Could live with - new boots, but the old ones are still perfectly functional now they have been padded out in appropriate place, so that won't happen either
Want - and will be getting soon Very Happy a few lessons - in Dome next month and on slope in Jan
Desperately need - and am saving up for - new car to drive to alps in - won't happen for another 18 mths I reckon
latest report
I bought loads of new stuff last season, boots, skis, jacket & salopettes. So since I'm going skiing twice this forthcoming season my budget for gear is limited to say the least. However, I'm still on the lookout for decent thermal compression ski socks. I've tried normal compression socks, great for compression, not good for warmth and wool ski socks, OK for warmth, rubbish at stopping my legs from swelling. So I need a combination of the two that I can budget for 3 pairs.
ski holidays
Bought some new skis already - some Salomon Tornado's. I can't wait!!!! snowHead
snow report
Quote:

two pairs of powder skis: DPS 112 RP Hybrid and ON3P Wrenegade

Nice - which size on the DPS?

Need - new goggles. Want - new a/m ski. Something in the 100mm range with regular camber and more than 20m radius. Open to suggestions.
ski holidays
horizon wrote:
ON3P Wrenegade (already bought)

This topsheet I hope?

latest report
In the event that the Grizzlycorn topsheet did not find its way into Horizon's shopping basket, I'm in for £20 to upgrade him. Anyone else?
ski holidays
Quote:

Need - new goggles

Fall line mag is giving these away with this years sub. I thought they had gone but just had a mailing asking me to re-subscribe. Falliner are you out there to illuminate?
snow conditions
gorilla, Oh, God yes Laughing
ski holidays
gorilla wrote:
In the event that the Grizzlycorn topsheet did not find its way into Horizon's shopping basket, I'm in for £20 to upgrade him. Anyone else?

Have you guys seen the bases? Shocked

I might just have to take you up on your offer...
ski holidays
Need nothing.

Got already: POC Lobes Goggles, couldn't resist them for £20. Spyder Goretex pants for £70. I love sales. Very Happy

Arriving soon: HEAD Supershape Titan. Can't wait, couple of weeks time hopefully.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy