Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
1cm fresh snow overnight and blue skies. Thinking about a day at Bernex with a picnic at the viewpoint. Will report back later.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nyon webcam looking absolutely perfect! just the small matter of getting a coach from the UK down to morzine later today, but am so excited i couldnt care! Scooby will see you all dans la piste tomorrow!

woo!

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arrived at Bernex to huge disappointment, -5C and zero visibility with low cloud. However.....once up the second chair the sun came out and the view from the top was spectacular with all the peaks over 1500m sticking out of the cloud. Amazing views over to Mont Blanc.

Snow in great condition all the way down to the village. The red run down under the main chair is made for carving.

End of week picnic facing South right at the top - cheeky beer, ham, 3 cheeses, baguette, bottle of Cotes du Rhone!

To cap it all the cloud cleared and we finished off with the black run down from the top - firm, bit of soft snow on top, small bumps but quite steep.

Just time for a morning in Chatel before we head home tomorrow afternoon.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lovely in Les Gets today - one lot of friends left this morning, another bunch due shortly so we dived out for a few hours onto Mt Chery - the red down to the village was in good shape early on, there was then one softish slope around 12.30 - so talking to some boarders in the gondola I said that was what it was like, they said they would like to try it, so advised doing it sooner rather than later, and they said oh yes, we will do that this afternoon. Well you can but suggest can't you - can't drag people and shove them down the slope!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now at Geneva airport having sent Guy+Fiona off for the Birmingham flight and Colin and I waiting for Luton/Stansted. Last four Kronenbourgs still cold and going down nicely! Very heavy traffic from Geneva towards the airport.

Great morning with -8C at 08.30 and bright blue skies. Skied Torgon/La Chapelle and over to Super Chatel. No time to go further. Everything in great condition and still skiing whole runs on corduroy at Noon. Finished off with the two blacks down from Morclan. Ombrieux was softening in the sun but really good with only tiny bumps. Barbossine was moguls all the way but not too big and softened by the sun. Then down on the Petit Chatel chair for soup and vacuuming! The red from Morclan (Chermillon) has patches of mud and didn't look good.

Drove over to Morgins at 15.30 on the way to the airport. 1C and sunny - first positive temperature we have seen all week. The last part of the run down to Morgins village is starting to look quite sketchy (typical for mid March) with the last couple of days sun.

If the sun holds anyone arriving today is in for a cracking week.

Signing off now to rest my knees until April 23-25 when we are back for the last weekend of the season.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just returned from a great week in Morzine. Super snow conditions and some sunshine. Indeed it was cold but its kept most runs in very good shape. Had a nice long outside lunch in the sun today at Action Sports restaurant whilst the kids tobogganed on the nursery slope. Good destination if you have young children and you are just waiting a few hours for your transfer with kids, they lent us sledges too with no charge.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DJL wrote:
Now at Geneva airport having sent Guy+Fiona off for the Birmingham flight and Colin and I waiting for Luton/Stansted. Last four Kronenbourgs still cold and going down nicely! Very heavy traffic from Geneva towards the airport.

Great morning with -8C at 08.30 and bright blue skies. Skied Torgon/La Chapelle and over to Super Chatel. No time to go further. Everything in great condition and still skiing whole runs on corduroy at Noon. Finished off with the two blacks down from Morclan. Ombrieux was softening in the sun but really good with only tiny bumps. Barbossine was moguls all the way but not too big and softened by the sun. Then down on the Petit Chatel chair for soup and vacuuming! The red from Morclan (Chermillon) has patches of mud and didn't look good.

Drove over to Morgins at 15.30 on the way to the airport. 1C and sunny - first positive temperature we have seen all week. The last part of the run down to Morgins village is starting to look quite sketchy (typical for mid March) with the last couple of days sun.

If the sun holds anyone arriving today is in for a cracking week.

Signing off now to rest my knees until April 23-25 when we are back for the last weekend of the season.

Hey DJL , glad you had a good ski, you say you are out 23-25 April. Are you skiing PdS? I thought things shut around 18th?Maybe thats just this side in Switzerland, or you are skiing elsewhere. Sure the snow will still be good then none the less!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pamski, you can bring a horse to water.... Laughing

Had better start keeping an eye on Grand Massif thread as three weeks to go, four to Les Gets.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
summer, According to the Chatel website the resort closes progressively after Easter. Barbossine lift on 5 April, links to Torgon & Morgins 11 April, Super Chatel 18 April and the whole Chatel area 25 April. That's pretty much in line with last year but obviously will depend on the weather. We got flights for £55 and the apartment is empty so if there's snow we will come. If its marginal we'll drive over to Chamonix. If it's really bad we will stay home (or come anyway, do a bit of mountain walking and drink beer in the sun on the balcony!).

Did the same trip same weekend last year and got two good days and one slushy one. I can live with that! We managed to get over to Les Crosets from Mosettes and it was really nice spring snow first thing in the morning but got very soft as the day went on. We just tried to stay high and look for the better snow. Avoriaz was still pretty good. The Sunday (last day of the season in Chatel) had a real party atmosphere despite it not freezing overnight even at 2200m. We met one guy at Plain Dranse in a sunhat, board shorts and Hawaiian shirt making his way down to the car park on a water ski. His mate was on a wake board. Two turns and a soggy crash all the way down. I think it fair to say they had had an early start and a long lunch!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thats good news on the lifts... We finish teaching on the 17th, so will be looking around the area for a week or so of fun free skiing and leisurely lunches! Its good that the pistes are staying ok in the mornings for teaching. I had a beginner yesterday at 2.30 and made for interesting snow ploughs, plus the added fact that she had never put skis on before!

Looks warm today and supposed to get hotter and hotter....Hey ho its mid March and cannot get carried away!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fabulous run down the back of Fornet yesterday. Left Prodains at 12h00 and headed straight over. Top pitches just perfect spring snow, lovely, surface firm and delightful all the way to the road. Must have bene one of the best examples of that descent I've done.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can anyone tell me when the lifts close for the season in Morzine/Les Gets? I've done a search and get conflicting results and the tourist office haven't replied to my email yet.

I've got a few days holiday to use up and it is the school easter hols soon and so I was pondering a (very) late season sneaky trip - but it'll be no good if everything's shut!

Conditions sound great

Thanks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anyone know how the cross country skiing around Les Gets and Morzine is holding up? I've got friends going out for the first week in Easter with their children and she prefers cross country to downhill.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geetee, she can always just go for a walk wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sarah L, it's normally around the 19th. That's a Tuesday this year, my guess is that things will finish on the Sunday before.
ski holidays
Had a great weekend! Weather was fantastic - cold enough for the pistes to hold up but sunny enough to provide ample "panda eyes" opportunties!

"Yes, I have been skiing - how can you tell?" Blush

Ski'd all over from Pre La Joux, Plaine Dranse, over to Linderets and Avoriaz, Fornet etc. Even managed my very first Black run down the Coupe de Monde!!

Cant wait until April 11th when I get to go over to Tignes for a week.
latest report
Will S, she probably will if there's no x-country Happy I don't think she'd be too upset to be honest as she's looking forward to having all her meals cooked and having a break from the usual routine.
ski holidays
Lou, thanks for that, the tourist office have finally replied and they say the 11th for Morzine and 25th for Avoriaz.
snow report
Sarah L, From a local ppint of view the Avoriaz date is set in stone but the Morzine date is variable according to conditions!
ski holidays
Info for those in resort next week, Aprez Ski Party all over Morzine. If live music is not your thang - UNLUCKY Razz

MORZINE LIVE 2010

Dimanche le 21 Mars
Place de L'Office de Tourisme - LES CRAPAUDS ST JACQUES 17:30
Action Sports -  FUNKADELIQUE 16:30

Lundi le 22 Mars
Action Sports - MALTO 16:30
Chez Malou - LES PISSALOCHONS 17:30
Le Rhodos -  FUNKADELIQUE 17:30
Le Coup de Coeur - STEVE FAIRCLOUGH CROSSTOWN BLUES BAND 17:30
L'Etale/ Burger - LA CRISE 17:30
Le Sherpa - CISCO HERSCHAFT (BLUES FROM LILLE) 17.30

Steve Fairclough will be playing the Boomerang Les Gets at 22:00 as well.

Mardi le 23 Mars
Action Sports - THE STEVE FAIRCLOUGH CROSSTOWN BLUES BAND 16:30
Rhodos - BOB DIT L’Ane 17:30
Chamade/Grillon - LES PISSALOCHONS 17:30
Le Tirolien - LA CRISE 18:30
LEtale/Burger -EUGENE CARTON 17:30
The Lodge Morzine - STEVE FAIRCLOUGH CROSSTOWN BLUES BAND 22:00
Mels Café - FUNKADELIQUE 17:30
Le Crepu - THIERRY DE POISSIER 17:30
Le Sherpa  - MALTO   (POP ROCK ,PARIS) 17.30

Mercredi le 24 Mars
Dixie Bar - STEVE FAIRCLOUGH CROSSTOWN BLUES BAND 19:30
Le Rhodos - REPLAY 17:30
La Chaudanne - ZEST DE SWING 19:00
Le Coup de Coeur - LES PISSALOCHONS 17:30
LEtale/Burger - FUNKADELIQUE 17:30
Chamade/Grillon - EUGENE CARTON 17:30
Office de Tourisme - CRISE 17:30
Le Sherpa  - CISCO HERSCHAFT    (BLUES FROM LILLE)   17.30            
MAMMA'S  -  MALTO (POP ROCK PARIS)   17.30
latest report
snowandtrek, Hmm - that's what the apartment owners said too....any ideas when do they normally decide? We'd have to go w/c 10 Apr but could leave it til a bit later to make our mind up.
ski holidays
Nice day skiing in Linga/Plaine Dranse area then back Swiss side to home. Pistes held up pretty well and were great until about 1pm. Few slushy mounds to negotiate but certainly NOT water skiing yet!!!
snow report
DallyPaul, oh no, we'll miss it, we don't arrive till 2nd April! Crying or Very sad Another year I don't get to see Bob Dit L'Ane. Sad
latest report
Rain, everywhere, all night, most of yesterday and looking like most of today.
latest report
Ooooh er.....Teaching snow plough through puddles today on Planachaux! Ski school jacket definitely not waterproof this late in the season!! Sad but very true, warm wind, rain for last 48 hrs and looks like freezing level is in the stratosphere somewhere! Good news on the horizon though - If we have anything left by Wednesday its due to get cold again! Just keep fingers crossed and keep smiling! Blush
ski holidays
summer, definitely like the positive note - keep smiling. It has stopped raining finally in Les Gets for now, garden still white but very little left on any roofs here. Rain started yesterday just as we stopped skiing for final lunch with friends who have been staying so we all thought that was pretty good timing. La Chasse Montagne was a good place to choose, just by the tunnel on the way back down to Les Gets and easy access for one friend who had decided she was happier being our chalet maid than skiing the day before, as she could take the bus there - sadly La Paika and the Grande Ourse had had to be struck from the possibilities.

Does anyone know anything about the poma lift up from La Turche? We have been down there a couple of days - can see it from our windows - and there is a petition going to keep it open, I think, but I have not had the time over there to read anything and find out why. La Paika will be affected if no lift at La Turche unless there is a better cut through to the Perrieres lift. Probably someone here has better info than me.
snow conditions
got back earlier today after an awesome week of skiing. sure, the rain came down on saturday and boy oh boy was it very warm from thurs onwards but had a week of non stop sunshine and amazing pistes, which got, to a point during weds/thurs, about as skiable as anything i have had the pleasure of skiing before.

highlights of the week...

- the black over the back of mt chery - awesome!
- nailing the big red kicker on the Nyon snowpark
- having a bach at the Nyon challenge - down from the top of Nyon on the first lift all the way down to the carpark Happy
- the wall. absolutely 100% bloody good fun!

PDS was wicked - loads of variation and some great runs.

fantstic. hope some more snow arrives for you guys out/heading out there
ski holidays
papillion_rouge wrote:

- having a bach at the Nyon challenge - down from the top of Nyon on the first lift all the way down to the carpark

Nice one, I always enjoy doing that vertical 1km. I don't set any Very Happy records, mind you!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not tooooo bad today up high, warm and slushy but really not as bad as I was expecting it to be! Guess a lack of bodies on the slopes helped a little so there were less bumps kicked up! Fun all the same though!!!!
snow report
Not coming out to Les Gets until the 3rd April, please please let there be some snow left..........................
ski holidays
jo reuben, will keep fingers crossed for you - we also have family members and friends arriving on the 2nd April - we were up in Avoriaz this morning as we hadn't been for a couple of weeks as friends staying with only Les Gets/Morzine passes and up until Saturday we have had very good conditions here. But the sun came out today, very warm up there, and people enjoying themselves.
snow conditions
Thanks!!! I'm keeping a very close eye on the weather forecasts, in fact getting a bit obsessive!!
latest report
We're headed out to Morzine on 11th April, hoping the snow lasts long enough to make for three epic weeks of snow this season Smile

If anybody has got skis/boots/bags they want taking from London area to Morzine 11th April and back on 19th, please get in touch, happy to make sure your gear gets there and back in exchange for a few quid towards the fuel bill - plenty of room in the car.
snow report
Monium wrote:
We're headed out to Morzine on 11th April, hoping the snow lasts long enough to make for three epic weeks of snow this season Smile

If anybody has got skis/boots/bags they want taking from London area to Morzine 11th April and back on 19th, please get in touch, happy to make sure your gear gets there and back in exchange for a few quid towards the fuel bill - plenty of room in the car.

Can you email me? I need a box of bike bits bringing out desperatley! -Its sponsors bits for a race late April Happy to help with fuel in return! Anyway if it works for you shout please!
snow conditions
Sun out all day in Les Gets today - and the temperature had dropped overnight so everything was much more respectable first thing.

I happily skied around locally from 9 till about 12.30 when it started to get a bit heavy and I thought of all the pressing things to do at home - and have then sat in the sun all afternoon reading. There is snow forecast from Friday - who knows if it will happen.
ski holidays
jo reuben, the weather forecasts locally are only confident out till Thursday, no point worrying about the weather for at least another week.

Remember all, this is the time of year when things get warmer. "Springlike" you might even call them. Cos it's spring. Slushy afternoons (yum), late lunches on the terrasse (yum), late starts as it's too icy first thing (hmmm).

So, generally, excellent!!
latest report
Gfs has been consistently forecasting a dump on Friday for the last week. And looks like a fair bit more next week. I'd hasten a bet that Easter week will be superb for all but the lowest resorts.
ski holidays
Great morning out today

IMG_0762

Warts and all panorama here

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4457736345_a2ec02e41f_o.jpg

The rain from the weekend had smoothed it all off for us....

IMG_0800
ski holidays
OK OK, I'll stop worrying!!!!!! Until next week anyway!!!

Can't promise I won't be checking the weather forecast every day though............
ski holidays
Beautiful day in Les Gets - I was up on Mt Chery first thing this morning and skied my legs off (they are very short!) till about 12, then a drink at La Grande Ourse. They are thinking that Mt Chery is due to close on 5 April - but if the snow deteriorates it may be before that. Snow really good early still if you get out early and then just enjoy the sun for the rest of the day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy