Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Shocked looks like winter has arrived. Hope the warmer and wet weather forecast for a week's time changes it's mind.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow Snow Snow, Lots falling, lots still to fall. Cheeky little ski tour planned for Wednesday morning before the storms roll in again on Friday.

Happy days snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Awesome!
It was great to get a dump alert in my inbox this morning rather than just the usual crap!
snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
properjob, Where do you get the alerts from?

I could do with some of that to keep me going until Feb!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
smudger, very probably here http://www.snow-forecast.com/pages/snowmail
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there...first time post here, long time lurker!

Just wondering if anyone has any info from Morzine/Les Gets about how much has fallen in the Town/Village. I am heading out in mid Dec for a weekend....fingers crossed... Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bobojim, Lordy, you are optimistic aren't you? Will any lifts be running? That said I had a top weekend around Dec 3 a few years ago...just one run, but mighty fine.

webcams here www.snoweye.com - doesn't look as though as much as has (reportedly) falled in my garden in Chamonix, but still...as long as temps stay lowish, the cannons can run, etc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dump alert sign up:
http://www.morznet.com/dump_alert.php
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name, I am heading out on the 16th, so Avoriaz will be open and the rest is opening on the 19th. It has been great at that time for the last few years, lets just hope this year gets its act together!

properjob, cheers. I hope to have many e-mails from them this season!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bobojim, Looking out the window this morning in Morzine we have had about 10cm. Snow yesterday was heavy but wet. At Nyon (car park) there was 10cm yesterday morning. Looking at the Avoriaz webcam they have stopped clearing the roads (in the village) which is a good sign. No news from the lift operators about any opening will have to wait until Thursday for any news.
Tuesday forecast is cold with light snow showers down to 500m
Wednesday forecast is sunny (might have to go out and have a play in the snow!)
Thursday forecast is more snow but will probably start as rain below 1400m before quickly turning to snow down to 1000m Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I see sagets have announced weekend opening up to full resort opening on the 19th. Looks mighty nice on the web cams today, have fun all.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snow dec 1st

My garden in St Jean d'Aulps this morning, 4/5cm. Still snowing too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i just want to be out there so much right now!!! the avoriaz webcam looks great at the moment. this may be a stupid question snowandtrek, but why is it good if they stop clearing the roads in avoriaz???
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, it's a traffic free (apart from piste bashers, other tracked vehicles, skidoos, horses & sleds) resort so you can ski through it. If they cleared the roads you wouldn't be able to. The roads to Avoriaz will be cleared.
ski holidays
andyph, is sagets les gets? And is it open this weekend? That could be tempting... could you share the link?
snow conditions
Snoozie, http://www.sagets.fr/v2/index.pl?saison=hiv&ln=en
ski holidays
Cheers, Lou. SA Gets is the lift operating company for Les Gets/Morzine, Snoozie. On the link Lou provided you can also find web cams, piste and lift opening, snow reports, news, offers etc. If you're in the area it's defo worth bookmarking.
latest report
http://www.alpensport-hotel.com/pop_webcam.htm

Let the preparation commence Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Lou, isn't it nice to know that all across the UK, there are dozens of other sad bast/ards with all the same bookmarks as you? Very Happy wink

I saw this morning that they'd already piste bashed a couple of runs on Mt Chery. But they're not making a final decision on full early opening until Thursday:

Quote:
De beaux et gros flocons nous ont fait la joie de tomber cette semaine, est-ce qu'on ouvre ??? Cette belle chute de neige tant attendue est enfin arrivée !

Vous êtes nombreux à avoir des fourmis dans les jambes (don't you just love this expression Very Happy ) et à vous demander si votre station préférée sera ouverte ce Week-end.

Nous prendrons cette décision JEUDI 3, à la mi-journée.

La météo incertaine quant à la limite pluie/neige, ne nous permet pas, ce jour, de prendre cette décision. Allez, Patience, et rendez-vous jeudi midi pour des infos toutes fraiches...
latest report
Just heard today that Avoriaz is opening for the weekend this weekend only and running some of their lifts - €15 for the day. Very Happy

It's mentioned on the official website too although I couldn't find any more details.
snow conditions
ski-finder, Details are on http://www.avoriaz.com/station-alpes-france/documents/957-note-ouverture-partielle-avoriaz-5-6-decembre-2009.pdf
snow report
snowandtrek, I saw that but couldn't get the PDF to load Embarassed
ski holidays
snowandtrek, i see it includes my fave James Bond run Combe a Floret.... wish I was there!
ski holidays
Chatel open too this weekend. Get those dresses on boys.

> For the weekend of 5th & 6th December 2009

Partial opening on Pre-la-Joux area with the Pierre-Longue and Rochassons chairlifts and the Rochassons and Belette slopes. If good snow conditions, the Chaux des Rosées and Cornebois chairlifts as well as the Keyset skilift might also be open.
Single rate for day ticket: €15. Women and girls accompanied by a "charged" skier will ski for free !
latest report
endlessride,

hi - im staying in SJD in march! also a lads weekend in january in mozine. cant wait!!!
snow conditions
ski-finder wrote:
snowandtrek, i see it includes my fave James Bond run Combe a Floret.... wish I was there!

James Bond run???
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, my favourite run...

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andyph, Laughing I don't mind that I am not the only sad bas$$rd as long as everyone is not on the same piste as me!

Is that expression the French equivalent of ants in your pants? Very Happy
ski holidays
looking to pop over to Morzine for 4 days from 13th. Do the people in the know think it will be safe to venture out? Ie enough snow and lifts open to make for enjoyable trip?

TA.
ski holidays
BergenBergen wrote:
...Women and girls accompanied by a "charged" skier will ski for free !

Don't they have a sex discrimination act in France?
snow conditions
Avoriaz, Champery and Chatel to open:-

Première neige dans les Portes du Soleil – 3 stations ouvertes le
week-end des 5 et 6 décembre 2009 !
Grâce aux chutes de neige abondantes depuis le début de la semaine - 60 cm au sommet du
domaine skiable à 2460 m et 40 cm à 1800 m - 3 stations des Portes du Soleil ouvrent leurs
pistes ce week-end !
Les amateurs de neige feront leurs premières traces de l’hiver à Avoriaz, Châtel et Champéry.
A Avoriaz, les secteurs Arare et Lindarets seront ouverts les samedi 5 et dimanche 6 décembre :
 5 remontées mécaniques : Téléphérique des Prodains, Télésiège du Tour, du Lac-Intrêts,
des Prolays et Téléskis des Ecoles
 11 pistes : Bleue d’Arare, Bleue du Lac, Stade d’Arare, Vaineuve, Prolays, Stade des
Lindarets, Combe à Floret, Champ de ski Plateau, Boulevard des skieurs, Mossettes et
Crête des Lindarets
 Tarif unique à la journée : 15€
 Infos pratiques : www.avoriaz.com / +33 (0)4 50 74 02 15
A Châtel, le secteur de Pré-la-Joux sera ouvert les samedi 5 et dimanche 6 décembre :
 2 remontées mécaniques : Télésièges de Pierre-Longue et des Rochassons
 2 pistes : Rochassons et la Belette
 Tarif unique à la journée : 15€. Forfait de ski offert aux filles et aux femmes,
accompagnées d’un skieur payant.
 Infos pratiques : www.chatel.com / +33 (0)4 50 73 34 24
A Champéry, le téléphérique de Champéry – Planachaux et le télésiège des Crosets qui dessert 3
pistes seront ouverts tous les jours dès le samedi 5 décembre.
 Tarif journée : 25 CHF/adulte et 17 CHF/enfant
 Infos pratiques : www.telechampery.ch / +41 (0)24 479 02 00
ski holidays
Quote:
OVERNIGHT
Snow - getting colder
SKY CONDITIONS (cloud) : mostly cloudy to overcast.
PRECIPITATION : continuous - locally moderate to heavy - rain-snow limit dropping towards 700 m - expected snowfall towards 1800 m : 25-40 cm.
WIND - aloft : SW moderate -> variable light.
TEMPERATURE : -3°C.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Right, I want to make it clear that I pass this on as a good snowHead as I can't make it, but the news on the SA Gets web site is this:
Quote:
Ca y est !!! la décision d'ouvrir partiellement le domaine est tombée:

Les Gets ouvre ce Week-end...

La télécabine des Chavannes et Le télésiège de la Croix seront ouverts.

Et le prix ? c'est gratuit ! eh oui, Les Gets vous offre votre première sortie de la saison !!!

Vous pouvez en profiter pour prendre votre forfait saison avant le 15 décembre, la caisse centrale, à côté du parking souterrain est ouverte ce week-end et le Week-end prochain (12&13 décembre).

So to all you lucky bug/gers out there or going soon - Damn You!!! and have a good time.

PS Keep it to your self, eh?
latest report
ski-finder wrote:
Quote:
OVERNIGHT
Snow - getting colder
SKY CONDITIONS (cloud) : mostly cloudy to overcast.
PRECIPITATION : continuous - locally moderate to heavy - rain-snow limit dropping towards 700 m - expected snowfall towards 1800 m : 25-40 cm.
WIND - aloft : SW moderate -> variable light.
TEMPERATURE : -3°C.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

what site is this taken from please???
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, Chamonix Meteo: http://chamonix-meteo.com/bul/metPreMatEn.php

Tends to be pessimistic (ie realistic rolling eyes) so only check it when all the other forecast sites are 100% confident of snow. Very Happy
snow report
thanks andyph, but is that forecast for the chamonix valley???
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, yes. But most of the surrounding area is in teh Mt Blanc weather system, so (generally speaking) it applies. However the only absolutely 100% bet-your-house way to check the snow conditions before you arrive in resort is this thread. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, and the LG, Morzine, Avoriaz side of the PDS, much like the Grand Massif, tends to get more snow than you'd otherwise expect, certainly lower down.
latest report
well lets hope the meteo site is currect then!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy