Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
jo reuben, I've got my head firmly in the sand. I am not going to look yet. Flaine end next week then Les Gets. Will you have a car with you? wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No we won't have a car - the chalet we are staying in is pretty central so I opted for transfers instead - may have been a mistake!!!!!!!!! Kids in ski school in the mornings so we'll be out early and I doubt we'll be doing that much skiing in the afternoons - as long as there are a couple of reds around to entertain my 7 year old - we'll be fine - all the other kids are beginners.

Still hoping for some snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi all,
Is this area ( Les Gets ) shut from 5th April as someone suggested earlier..............asking for my bro in law who is there from easter weekend.
Thanks
mitch
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mitchell, sounds unlikely

would expect the earliest closing date to be the 11th
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name,
thought so too but was 'said' on an earlier post.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
summer wrote:
Monium wrote:
We're headed out to Morzine on 11th April, hoping the snow lasts long enough to make for three epic weeks of snow this season Smile

If anybody has got skis/boots/bags they want taking from London area to Morzine 11th April and back on 19th, please get in touch, happy to make sure your gear gets there and back in exchange for a few quid towards the fuel bill - plenty of room in the car.

Can you email me? I need a box of bike bits bringing out desperatley! -Its sponsors bits for a race late April Happy to help with fuel in return! Anyway if it works for you shout please!

You have PM - couldn't find a way to e-mail you, don't think you've got the option enabled. Happy to help if I can.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Back out again today, on snowshoes this time. Another panorama here, click on it for full res!

pan
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mitchell, under a new name, that must have been me confusing things earlier today - sorry - Its just the Mt Chery sector that is probably going to close around the 5th April - the rest of Les Gets is due to close on the 18th. Mt Chery usually has to close a bit before the rest.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pamski,
Why does that happen?
Do you think there will be okay skiing either in LesGets/morzine or Avoriaz this easter? Maybe put my bro in laws nerves at ease!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mitchell, because the snow over on Mt Chery deteriorates faster - the south facing slopes are those that run back to the gondola for then downloading to the village.

I am sure that it will be ok for Easter - I have our son and friends coming so it has to be! And the forecast from snow-forecast.com this morning at 1587 gives 53 cms snow expected between tomorrow and Thursday 1st April. But don't send your bro in law round to beat me up if it doesn't happen!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all,
We will be on-snow on Sunday morning for a week (28th Mar - 4th Apr). Kids are signed up for ski school in the mornings (Avoriaz meeting point). Anybody for a sociable ski in the mornings? My wife is a blues and easy reds kind of skier and I'll go down anything you point me at but am happy to just be out in the mountains. If you'd like to ski in company then drop me a note and we can exchange tel. nos.
Cheers
Nevil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Zoom in on the pano above and you get a great view of the North side of Mt Chery - even a few holes there! The South side will be struggling. More snow due so who knows about the future!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pamski, so has the expected snow arrived???

I'm out there from the 1st April, so have my fingers crossed ... especially after the not-so-great conditions recently.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks email sent

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 27-03-10 17:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
abj, its not expected till tomorrow! Still seems very warm here this afternoon but quite a breeze and a change in the weather.
snow report
Pamski, thanks for the update ... I'll await further news with my fingers and toes crossed!
ski holidays
I've been looking on snow-forecast all week and it's quite frightening how they change the amount of expected snow on literally an hourly basis. One minute I'm thinking woohoo 10 feet of snow over the weekend and the next I'm lamenting the end of the season!
Oh to have a crystal ball...
snow conditions
endlessride wrote:
Zoom in on the pano above and you get a great view of the North side of Mt Chery - even a few holes there! The South side will be struggling. More snow due so who knows about the future!

Praz de Lys looking good though!
ski holidays
Snowing in Les Gets

and now settled on the cars, gardens and roofs at our level which is about 1250 so should be better still higher up.
latest report
YES! I'm off to Les Gets next Friday, the webcams are looking good, as is the wonderfully unreliable forecast for the coming week. If it keeps snowing, will they still shut Mt Chery on the 5th?
snow report
How nice to see the lower slopes of Mt Chery white again. Very Happy My evil plan is coming to pass. Mwah-ha-ha! Twisted Evil
snow report
Likewise snowing here on Swiss side so a reprieve in sight Razz
snow report
summer wrote:
Monium,

Can you mail me....Would be fantastic if you could help. Or if you are on skype mail that too.

Cheers

I have messaged you!!!

Have sent e-mail. Worth taking your e-mail off the forum as you'll probably get a lot of spam if it stays up for long.
snow conditions
Snow yipee but why do they have to put the summer website up sooo early Toofy Grin
snow report
About 9 inches of fresh snow overnight in Les Gets, and more than that higher up - sun came out just before 10 and then clouded over about 1 - snowing again now.

Quite sticky lower down on way into Morzine middle of the morning. The Rossitas cafe at the top of the Rosta was closed yesterday and again today as were a few others - whether they are taking a rest and re-opening or just shutting for good this season...
snow report
A photo from this morning, should warm the cockles of you heart, taken at about 1600m at La Grande Terche

IMG_0957
ski holidays
Been over in Torgon racing a Telemark GS race and there was about 30cm of new snow making racing very interesting! Lots of bumps and one big racing rut all the way making for one terrifying race run!!! As I left at 3.30pm it was snowing very hard in the village and above. Back in Champery and the snow line is just above the village now and snowing above. Temp currently 3 degrees in village. More snow forecast tonight so looks positive for Easter week now
snow report
Pamski, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Noticed last year that La Rosstaz closed early.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can I officially get excited then??????????????? Currently packing!
ski holidays
Still snowing here and has been all day up top!!! Village rain but two hundred metres above thick white line!!!! About 30cm again today and tad heavy going after lunch, but hey who cares its white and plenty to go around for a day or two
snow report
Just had a look at the web cams and it looks like it's snowing again - how are we doing??????????
ski holidays
jo reuben, yes it is! Not as much as earlier but settling here - about 1250 - so no doubt much more higher up. Temperature dropped overnight so it was at least minus first thing this morning - which led to very 'hard rubbly stuff' on the Rosta and Ranfolly runs early on - poor old knees. Eventually I went over to Morzine which I have been avoiding the last few days just to get a bit softer snow. Still forecasting quite a bit tomorrow evening, fingers crossed.
latest report
Its been snowing like crazy here on Swiss side for past three hours! After a grey morning and warm breeze it looked like rain, when wam bam temp drop, wind and snow and fog in a matter of minutes! I reckon 10cm fell on Planachaux in the time it took to buy and slurp my soup! More forecast and looking good for tonight and tomorrow- Sorry to those poor people I met on the cable car descending to Champery for a train/bus/taxi back to Morzine....The lifts linking were shut due to high winds, I guess likewise there were a few swiss bound bunnies sat on the French side trying to find taxis willling to make the trip home to Swissland!
ski holidays
Just started snowing in Morzine town at 08.00. Roc D'enfer has dissapeared, always a good sign.
Looks like a powder and poor vis day. Bring it on. Where are the goggles ?
snow conditions
Quote:

Looks like a powder and poor vis day. Bring it on. Where are the goggles ?

looks like that here too. Got the goggles.

okbye
ski holidays
I head out to Les Gets on Friday, and this is all brilliant news! Keeps you going on a dull office day.
ski holidays
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!! So very excited!!
latest report
I forecast a lot of snow in Les Gets on Saturday and Sunday. Better go and check my chains. Toofy Grin
snow report
Been high winds this afternoon but has snowed all day long! Out of the wind and the powder is excellent....Even Chavanette in the gale brought a smile to my face and clients!!!! Lovely lovely snow!!! More in the morning with better outlook in the afternoon tomorrow, think Mr Sun may make an appearance.
ski holidays
Windy in Les Gets this morning, even just at the top of the Rosta lift it was like a cold day in January! Very nice going down the Melezes a few times in the trees and a warming (never thought that would be necessary in almost-April) vin chaud in La Paika, which was open again today having been closed, and the slope down there for two days for some filming. Real blizzard happening when we piled in there. Much more pleasant over on the lower slopes in Morzine - but the snow had just turned to rain right at the bottom, but fun going down the Stade.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy