Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are ski resorts getting too dangerous?

Poster: A snowHead
PJSki,if someone is standing in a blind spot under a roller and gets clipped its their fault..having said that,i have never hit anyone or come close..but if i did and they were standing in a blind spot, i would not feel responsible..i taught my kid sisters to ski and put their safety top of the list..if they parked up in an unsafe place they got the bullit..they soon learned where to stop ie.in view of everyone and so they can see up and down slope and where any skier can see them..you will not stop people from skiing hard and fast and pushing themselves therefore your safety is up to you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowpatrol, Sometimes people crash after rollers. I take jumps when I can see the landing or go and do them off piste.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowpatrol, you might want to think about slow moving skiers and people who have fallen. Not everyone in the blind spot is standing there.

Anyway, by taking blind jumps you are in breach of the rules and guilty of criminal irresponsibility, in my opinion.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Question is, are things noticeably worse during peak school holiday weeks? And if so, is that simply because the slopes are much busier or because there are more teenagers about...?

Having been skiing since the 80s I can't say I notice any difference in how busy resorts are, but I always travel off-peak. However, I do agree with an earlier post saying that it was harder to learn to ski back in those days and more time was spent practicing basic turns and control on nursery slopes. I've met quite a few people who have been on red (and sometimes even black) runs in their first week. Some may have natural talent but others may just be deathwish thrill-seekers...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PJSki, i should have clarified:i ski off piste 90% of the time and rarely take a roller onto the piste....rules?the only rules worth their salt are laws,otherwise they aren't worth the paper they are written on.the rules you are talking about are not laws therefore have little or no clout.people should, but will not heed them.i understand your point of view but i'll repeat: you will not stop the people you are out to stop..in fact it will only get more dangerous year on year
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
General Comments on the FIS Rules
(Wording 2002)

Skiing and Snowboarding like all sports entail risks.

The FIS Rules must be considered an ideal pattern of conduct for a responsible and
careful skier or snowboarder and their purpose is to avoid accidents on the piste.

The FIS Rules apply to all skiers and snowboarders. The skier or snowboarder is obliged
to be familiar with and to respect them.

If he/she fails to do so, his/her behaviour could expose him/her to civil and criminal liability in the event
of an accident.

And taking blind jumps off-piste if stupid as well.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PJSki,i did say i ski 90% off piste and rarely take a roller on to a piste..your opinion may well be that taking a blind jump off piste is stupid but i dont think it is..this is where it all breaks down..you v me..who's right and who is wrong,who knows.. i'm not sure those (correct me if i am wrong as its only a guess) FIS rules would hold up re: an off piste accident following a jump..it does mention "on piste" but i see no reference to off piste
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
manicpb wrote:
Ok, i'll hold my hands up on pinpointing myself out. However I have just reread all posts and only see the issue of jumping over rollers for anyone to get on.

Agreed. And that is all anybody is "getting on".

Quote:

I was originally taught freestyle by the much respected Neil McNab on the rollers in Chamonix and have then only done the same as 10's to 100's of boarders mostly seasonairres (which I take alot on here are) that I have boarded with. I'm not going to stop boarding the way I ride because you lot don't think it's safe.

I look forward to you all changing the mountain laws and my banning order from snowheads soon!

We don't need to change the mountain laws. It is already illegal in many places to breach the FIS code, and there is no doubt whastoever that if you ski the way you described earlier, then you are breaching rule 1.

Of course, nobody is going to be prosecuted for minor breaches.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowpatrol wrote:
manicpb,re: everything you have said... i,m with you buddy..

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowpatrol wrote:
PJSki,if someone is standing in a blind spot under a roller and gets clipped its their fault.

It is also the fault of the person who clips them. Nobody has suggested that standing in a blind spot is acceptable, but travelling into one in such a way you cannot stop is much more unacceptable, and in a crash in such situations both are at fault.

Quote:

.having said that,i have never hit anyone or come close..but if i did and they were standing in a blind spot, i would not feel responsible..i taught my kid sisters to ski and put their safety top of the list..if they parked up in an unsafe place they got the bullit..they soon learned where to stop ie.in view of everyone and so they can see up and down slope and where any skier can see them..you will not stop people from skiing hard and fast and pushing themselves therefore your safety is up to you

There is a lot of truth in that, but only because you are correct in saying that "you won't stop people skiing hard and fast and pushing themselves" together with (which you didn't say) them also often not being in proper control.

The fact that you won't stop it does not absolve those indulging in it from responsibility, and trying to keep yourself safe from such idiots just means that you are better off alive and able to argue about whose fault it was, than dead but certain it was the other guy's fault.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alex_heney, I wonder if these two bozos have learnt anything from this debate?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowpatrol wrote:
...................the rules you are talking about are not laws therefore have little or no clout........

Not so.

Dr. Herbert Gschöpf, Barrister and Expert in skiing
matters, Velden, Austria wrote:
....our Courts refer to the ten rules laid down by the FIS and also to the bill for regulating the ski slopes, which essentially conforms, in terms of content, to what has already been established by the FIS.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowpatrol wrote:
PJSki,i did say i ski 90% off piste and rarely take a roller on to a piste.

In that case, your situation is very different from that of manicpb, as you will not usually be endangering others.

Quote:

.your opinion may well be that taking a blind jump off piste is stupid but i dont think it is.

I think most people would say that taking a truly blind jump off piste is pretty stupid, but if you can be pretty sure there is nobody below you, then that is your choice.

The people you see jumping cliffs in films are not truly blind jumps, in that they will almost always have scoped out the line in advance, and know where they are going to land. If that is what you are doing, then you aren't really doing blind jumps at all, and that is a lot less stupid. Smile

Quote:

.this is where it all breaks down..you v me..who's right and who is wrong,who knows.. i'm not sure those (correct me if i am wrong as its only a guess) FIS rules would hold up re: an off piste accident following a jump..it does mention "on piste" but i see no reference to off piste

While this is true, if there was a serious accident involving a collision between skiers, the police/courts would be looking at it to determine whether this was caused by negligence or recklessness on the part of one or more, and those guidelines would still be a good starting point in that determination.

But collisions off piste are so much rarer that it is unlikely to be an issue. The rules were brought in to codify "common sense" in situations where there are likely to be significant numbers of skiers/boarders in reasonable proximity.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alex_heney, PJSki, achilles,you guys are consistent if nothing else..you pick out little pieces and jump all over them without reading and understanding the whole post..try reading again..no dont bother i'll just say it again..i ski 90% off piste and rarely take a roller on to a piste..you can quote all the rules you want but please show me one where off piste is mentioned..what i mean about the rules having little or no clout is that the skiers you are talking about will not adhere to them unless they are laws..you lot are banging your heads against brick walls..you will not stop these guys and it will get worse..you need to deal with that fact
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowpatrol wrote:
alex_heney, PJSki, achilles,you guys are consistent if nothing else..you pick out little pieces and jump all over them without reading and understanding the whole post..

Wrong in every respect.

[/quote]

try reading again..no dont bother i'll just say it again..i ski 90% off piste and rarely take a roller on to a piste..you can quote all the rules you want but please show me one where off piste is mentioned..what i mean about the rules having little or no clout is that the skiers you are talking about will not adhere to them unless they are laws..you lot are banging your heads against brick walls..you will not stop these guys and it will get worse..you need to deal with that fact[/quote]

And if you had bothered to follow your own advice and actually read what others have written, you would know perfectly well that I have responded to all of that.

So why the lie about me not reading and understanding the whole post?
snow report
Quote:
Riding far too fast down the fall line with no awareness of others and jumping in areas that are not meant for it.

If someone comes over a blind or partly sighted roller (airborne or not) and takes out someone standing below the roller, then the person taken out is also at least in part culpable for their misfortune. The skiers responsibility code that people like to quote on here is quite clear about not stopping or waiting in such areas, you should never be stopped on terrain where you are blind to those approaching from above. That is esp true for boarders who if they sit down can be invisible behind very modest terrain features.

The idea that people should never jump or leave the snow except for areas designed for that is just daft and shows how artificial many pistes (and perhaps Alpine Mega Resorts and thus peoples expectations of skiing) have become.

Wide terraformed pisted motorways enable high speed riding more than any other factor. Would Snowsports be all the better in terms of the experience and for the environment if people return to learning to ski the mountain, instead of getting the mountain bulldozed into submission to aid their own quest for instant gratification?
snow conditions
All those who justify hitting some STANDING on a blind spot is ignoring one thing. What if that someone is lying on the snow dur to an earlier crash?

If you can't see it and landed on top of it, good luck justifying your action.

Sure, people shouldn't stand in blind spots, but that's just for their own good. As for the jumper, it is still your responsibility not to hit them.
ski holidays
abc, well the code says that there is a duty on the person who crashed to get clear of the obstruction or to somewhere they are more visible. If the person is injured such that they can not, then they were clearly not in compliance with the top rule - ride in control! Twisted Evil
snow report
manicpb wrote:
I can't belive my comments were took so offensive, I do apologise!

I have never had a major accident in 15 years of boarding and as I say I (along with my family with much less slope experiance) I look after a 5 year old almost single handed. I'm 28, no council estate thug, and proud of working hard for my one holiday each year which happens to be in the Alps.

As I said Davidof's situation sounded very similar to my annual holiday but I did'nt agree with Jolly rogers moans and groans. If I have had a minor accident (mine or others fault) I have always removed my board and returned to the accident to check all are ok.

I'm sorry you feel this way but I love boarding and will continue to ride in a mannor I feel safe without hindering other people.

Hope my point is understood and taken on board (no pun intended).

You should grow up before you kill someone ! If you are catching air you are not in control particularly if you cant see whats over a brow,and on a blue piste where there are likely to be beginners or inexperienced skiers you are playing a very dangerous game.

I had a feckless moron like you pass me at shoulder height on a crowded narrow blue link in Flaine two weeks ago brushing my jacket - my wife had to hold me back from dispensing some justice in the lift queue at the bottom.

Save the air for the parks where its safe - and pray you never hit or miss me because believe you me you would end up wearing your board.
snow report
This is one of the points of the New Zealand Ski Safe code.
Quote:

6. Always use a spotter when jumping. Jumping is not permitted into trails, congested areas or in "Slow Zones".

So if you take someone out it has to be your fault. Having been skiing for 35+ years and working on ski patrol for six of those I have seen plenty of stupid behaviour on the snow and 90% or more of the collisions are caused totally by the actions only one of those involved. Fast and thoughtless behaviour is the problem and usually by those who are young and male. Should we ban males between 12yrs and 35yrs??? Puzzled
snow report
Winterhighland wrote:
abc, well the code says that there is a duty on the person who crashed to get clear of the obstruction or to somewhere they are more visible. If the person is injured such that they can not, then they were clearly not in compliance with the top rule - ride in control! Twisted Evil

Huh?

Are you implying falling is a violation of ski safety rule?
latest report
Quote:
The idea that people should never jump or leave the snow except for areas designed for that is just daft and shows how artificial many pistes (and perhaps Alpine Mega Resorts and thus peoples expectations of skiing) have become.

But a piste IS artificial, period!

Natural snow doesn't ever become smooth to the same condition of a bashed piste. So it is an artificial environment. And as such, it's up to the local owner/authority to choose how to govern it.

You want to jump without regard to who might be at the landing? There're plenty of pure natural featuers off the piste. That's where the "real" boarders prove their metal! For learners, there's the park.

Pistes are groomed for easy cruising by casual punter. Anyone who shows off on piste is simply got an overly inflated ego ("big" fish in a small pond). One way to make the piste more boring and safe, is to simply bulldoze any natural featuer that can be jumped. I think that day will come given how much the average skiers ego had grown. And I won't cry a tear for it.

BTW, for those of you who think N. America had such a fantastic mountain safety policy? I can't see it made ANY difference. I split my skiing on both continents the last few years. I don't find NA any safer than the alps when it comes to reckless skiers/boarders.
snow report
abc, if you fall your not in control are you? wink

Yes, I was taking the wee wee out of this thread. Just as a side issue, the FIS is a governing body of competitive sport, how can it have any remit in the world of a recreational activity, it would be like a body that governed competitive walking races deciding it could self appoint itself to tell people how to walk down the high street.

Quote:
Pistes are groomed for easy cruising by casual punter

Isn't that the problem? wink

Quote:
Anyone who shows off on piste is simply got an overly inflated ego ("big" fish in a small pond).

So which of the sanctimonious here gets to decide what is showing off? Is carving showing off? For a newcomer executing a snow plough turn to mates in ski school could be showing off.

This thread started off with a serious point and has become a total farce. Maybe some on here should take up bowling instead of skiing! Twisted Evil
snow report
Some times I travel at 80mph on the motorway!

And if I have been aware of my surroundings for a while I don't always check my blind spot before pulling into the fast lane! Shocked
snow conditions
Quote:

Should we ban males between 12yrs and 35yrs???

Excellent plan. We could remove them from the roads and bar them from buying alcohol while we're at it. Laughing
ski holidays
There have always been reckless idiots on the slopes and there always will be. Some of them speak up defend their dangerous behaviour in forums such as this, but most louts lack the intellectual capacity to critically appraise their actions; anything more than lager and adrenalin is beyond them. Much as I disagree with your views, manicpb and snowpatrol, I'm glad that you at least think about what you do and engage with those who don't see the world your way. I certainly don't imagine that you'll be censored in the way that you've suggested.

But the existence of dangerous snowHead demonstrates the nature of the problem: it can't be solved by education alone, because louts are being born faster than they can be educated. On the roads, we use traffic calming, signage, speed limits, etc to protect the public from nutters. Resorts must take similar action in accident blackspots, whether that's creating alternative routes to relieve congestion, widening the piste, flattening blind crests, erecting warning signs, placing barriers in the piste to slow down traffic or employing piste cops. I'm not advocating taking the fun out of skiing - I can't imagine that more than 5% of the piste network needs treatment in this way - but there's no doubt that innocent punters, especially beginners and children, are routinely in danger on some trails.
ski holidays
Jonny Jones, good post. It's time that resorts started being a bit more proactive about safety. As you say, this shouldn't be about removing the fun and the thrills, just making sure that the minority of idiots don't spoil it for the majority of slope users. I'm pleased to see in the resorts I normally ski in that more use is being made of barriers to control speed in certain areas such as nursery slopes and piste intersections, but these areas need to be policed from time to time until word gets around that a tranquil zone means just that. I'd also like to see pisteurs taking a proactive role around resorts more generally, giving friendly words of advice if they see examples of reckless skiing, as well as having the power to disarm a liftpass for a day or more in the very worst examples of dangerous skiing.
latest report
Winterhighland wrote:
Quote:
Riding far too fast down the fall line with no awareness of others and jumping in areas that are not meant for it.

If someone comes over a blind or partly sighted roller (airborne or not) and takes out someone standing below the roller, then the person taken out is also at least in part culpable for their misfortune. The skiers responsibility code that people like to quote on here is quite clear about not stopping or waiting in such areas, you should never be stopped on terrain where you are blind to those approaching from above. That is esp true for boarders who if they sit down can be invisible behind very modest terrain features.

This is absolutely true, and nobody has argued otherwise.

But none of it absolves somebody jumping into an area they cannot see from responsibility.

Yet again, the old cliche that two wrongs don't make a right applies.

Quote:

The idea that people should never jump or leave the snow except for areas designed for that is just daft

But then it is an "idea" that nobody has propounded.

All we are saying is that you should never be jumping (on-piste) where you cannot be sure your entire flight path and landing is clear. If you can see it is clear, fine - take your jump. If you have a spotter who is telling you it is clear, then again fine.

Quote:

and shows how artificial many pistes (and perhaps Alpine Mega Resorts and thus peoples expectations of skiing) have become.

Wide terraformed pisted motorways enable high speed riding more than any other factor. Would Snowsports be all the better in terms of the experience and for the environment if people return to learning to ski the mountain, instead of getting the mountain bulldozed into submission to aid their own quest for instant gratification?

I'm not at all convinced that "bulldozing the mountain" plays any significant part in this issue. Modern equipment probably plays more part, together with the reklative cheapness of the sport/hobby nowadays leading to a lot more people skiing, and skiing at a level where they think they are in control, but aren't really.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't have an issue with skiers or boarders taking the air on piste where they are not endangering others - it's just that if they do so, they should be able to see where they are going, or have a spotter.

A little off-topic:

abc wrote:
Natural snow doesn't ever become smooth to the same condition of a bashed piste.

Particularly this season, I can think of significant areas of off-piste, both in Les Deux Alpes and La Grave where the off-piste going was very well skied, but no much mogulled - and very like on-piste conditions.
latest report
There are those of us who note the words and reactions of others around us and review our attitudes and actions accordingly. And there are the likes of manicpb.

I presume manicpb to be a bloke given the quantity of testosterone in his postings. Since there seems little hope of persuading him to modify his behaviour for the greater safety of all, I would ask him to publish as soon as possible his surfing plans for next winter so that when the responsible rest of us make up our plans we can ensure that we are never in the same place, at the same time as he is.
snow report
Jonny Jones wrote:
There have always been reckless idiots on the slopes and there always will be. Some of them speak up defend their dangerous behaviour in forums such as this, but most louts lack the intellectual capacity to critically appraise their actions; anything more than lager and adrenalin is beyond them. Much as I disagree with your views, manicpb and snowpatrol, I'm glad that you at least think about what you do and engage with those who don't see the world your way. I certainly don't imagine that you'll be censored in the way that you've suggested.

But the existence of dangerous snowHead demonstrates the nature of the problem: it can't be solved by education alone, because louts are being born faster than they can be educated. On the roads, we use traffic calming, signage, speed limits, etc to protect the public from nutters. Resorts must take similar action in accident blackspots, whether that's creating alternative routes to relieve congestion, widening the piste, flattening blind crests, erecting warning signs, placing barriers in the piste to slow down traffic or employing piste cops. I'm not advocating taking the fun out of skiing - I can't imagine that more than 5% of the piste network needs treatment in this way - but there's no doubt that innocent punters, especially beginners and children, are routinely in danger on some trails.

Nice post !
latest report
Anyone ever skied Jerusalem above St Martin de Belleville. Everyone that skis the rollers on that run does so at a good lick. On the bigger rollers one cannot see what is on the other side and if some one has a fall on the lip then they will be invisible to anyone coming over the top. If there is snow under the ski then there will not be enough to execute a turn to avoid those in the way. There are times IMHO where skiing can be risky, and we just have to live with that. If someone hit me in such circumstances then I suspect I would have to admit it was just an accident.

What really pees me off is folks doing reckless jumps ONTO pistes from poff piste Evil or Very Mad . A collision in such circumstances would blow my top.
ski holidays
have any of you angels ever gone over the speed limit??not put your seatbelt on just nipping down to the shop?ever driven with a few gins in you?ever jumped a light? etc etc...you get my drift..
snow report
snowpatrol, I have exceeded the speed limit, but only on dual carriageways or motorways in quiet traffic , and never in a 30mph zone or other road where I may meet more vulnerable road users. My mother was in a serious road accident when I was 12. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt (it was 1976), as a result of seeing her covered in blood and badly injured, I have never not worn my seatbelt, nor would I drink and drive or jump a light.
latest report
Some quite interesting posts and bearing in mind the FIS Code (is this the official code? I seem to recall seeing variations of this?) a lot of the stick manicpb is getting a bit OTT because he has clarified that he does not do any rollers whereby his landing is unsighted and pulls out of them at the last chance where the landing is unsighted as he approaches it, he has had a few close calls in 15 years of boarding and it would not surprise me that some those ‘holier than thou’ poster do not have such a good record on the slopes have perhaps caused more accidents than him. I have seen many snowHead who have been drunk on the slopes and this is more of a danger imho than what manicpb has described. I am sure someone famous once said 'let those with out sin throw the first stone' or something like that wink

Davidof is a classic example of being innocent in all respects, but it seems that many slope users do not help themselves by not taking responsibility for their own actions and rely on the fact that other ‘up hill’ slope users are at fault (which they are in many cases) and use it as a ‘get out of jail card’, but any erratic manoeuvre on a very busy piste whereby some one skis in to the path of another is going to cause an accident, likewise standing un-sighted in the middle of a piste or around the corner of a blind spot is a very stupid thing to do and this is one of my biggest annoyances on the slopes. What worries me is that some posters do not seem to accept responsibility for their own actions, and yes there are idiots on the piste but if you take responsibility for your own actions in all circumstances and situations then you are likely to avoid most of them.

Jonny Jones wrote:
I got taken out from behind by a speeding boarder on a ridiculously overcrowded piste i..... for changing direction erratically (true-ish, as I turned suddenly to avoid a patch of ice) ....... I think that some of the blame lies with resorts. Relying on skiers to observe the Alpine Code isn't working;
– it seems you are falling foul of FIS Code 1 and 2 and without this erratic manoeuvre there would have been no accident. i think some of the blame lies with you.

jollyroger wrote:
I was stopped waiting for my wife and he jumped a small rise and crashed directly into me knocking me down the slopes
– again standing under a roller in the middle of the piste is just plain dull and against FIS Code 1 and 6. Again some of the blame lies with you.

I am not excusing the perpetrators of the above collisions, but we have to help ourselves and be a bit more intelligent in how manage our own sliding and reduce the consequential risks as much as possible.

1. Respect for others
A skier or snowboarder must behave in such a way that he does not endanger or prejudice others.
2. Control of speed and skiing or snowboarding
A skier or snowboarder must move in control. He must adapt his speed and manner of skiing or snowboarding to his personal ability and to the prevailing conditions of terrain, snow and weather as well as to the density of traffic.
3. Choice of route
A skier or snowboarder coming from behind must choose his route in such a way that he does not endanger skiers or snowboarders ahead.
4. Overtaking
A skier or snowboarder may overtake another skier or snowboarder above or below and to the right or to the left provided that he leaves enough space for the overtaken skier or snowboarder to make any voluntary or involuntary movement.
5. Entering, starting and moving upwards
A skier or snowboarder entering a marked run, starting again after stopping or moving upwards on the slopes must look up and down the slopes that he can do so without endangering himself or others.
6. Stopping on the piste
Unless absolutely necessary, a skier or snowboarder must avoid stopping on the piste in narrow places or where visibility is restricted. After a fall in such a place, a skier or snowboarder must move clear of the piste as soon as possible.
7. Climbing and descending on foot
A skier or snowboarder either climbing or descending on foot must keep to the side of the piste.
8. Respect for signs and markings
A skier or snowboarder must respect all signs and markings.
9. Assistance
At accidents, every skier or snowboarder is duty bound to assist.
10. Identification
Every skier or snowboarder and witness, whether a responsible party or not, must exchange names and addresses following an accident.[/quote][/quote]
snow report
manicpb, .. yes, I was stopped on the left hand side of the piste, in what I considered a safe place.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont,ding ding ding.. wow..i wasnt expecting anyone to to admit to anything..well for the record..exceeding the speed limit is ILLEGAL and can result in a jail term..taking a roller on to the piste is NOT ILLEGAL and will never ever ever result in a jail term even if someone is killed..speeding in your car or taking a blind roller on to a piste.. which is worse..you decide
ski holidays
jollyroger wrote:
manicpb, .. yes, I was stopped on the left hand side of the piste, in what I considered a safe place.

apologies but your post suggested that you were not waiting at the edge of the piste (very few rollers to hit at the edge of the piste in my experience) but that you were in the 'body' of the piste somewhere, does 'on the left hand side of the piste' mean that you were nevertheless standing where people were/could ski past you on each side or were you standing at the edge of the piste out of (what should have been) danger ?
snow report
snowpatrol, The German politician who collided with a woman who died was convicted and sent to prison. So, can happen and should.
snow report
beequin, i think he was p1ssed though !
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy