Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
More sun today, snow on Friday and all the runs are fine Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't believe its coming up to a week since we skied in Niederau. Thanks to Jumbulance Trust, VIPs, DSUK and fellow carers for making it a great experiance. Looking forward next year already. We didn;t get out of the hotel much in the evening but the village was great and possibly somewhere to bring some friends for next year.

Thanks to everyone who danced and kept the weather reports coming. I'll include a few pictures once I figure out how to add them!

Will also add some video to the forum under the disability section once I've edited all the footage (75Gb approx 9 hours!!)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We could all see you were having a ball, and you did a great job, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves Smile Sunny day today and snow lovely up top, a bit soft in the village - more dancing I think!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another sunny start, snow forecast for tonight/tomorrow Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow as promised arrived last night and sunshine today with more snow tomorrow Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And yet again, the forecast was right! Yesterday was gorgeous and it has been snowing heavily overnight and still going. Sunny tomorrow with more snow Tuesday Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was snow yesterday and today dawns very cold and sunshine expected. Pistes all good Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Today we are forecasted to have snow, with sun for the rest of the week, although at the moment it is too warm here in the village. Suggest a few more dancers get going?!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When the snow started up over the weekend it looked like we had come one week too early. I hope you get some more in the next few days. It is quite depressing to be back home again in the rain knowing that it will be about another year before I an get out there again. I'll try practising Andreas' waggle dance in socks on a laminated floor - maybe that will help get the snow falling again.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good idea!! So glad you enjoyed it here again, and congrats again for making the top - Andreas is still boasting about your achievement! Colder today and clear so far - yesterday was warm so the snow was nice and soft for my beginners!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He has every right to boast. It was as much his achievement as mine.

Maybe next year's challenge should be to get me straight down from the top of the Kropfrader. I am still struggling with going around it, so straight down may be better. I enjoy the run out at the bottom already. Alternatively, Mittermoos looks lovely on film. Maybe I should attempt that for next year?

So you have beginners again after your week of racing with the daredevils. Great that you have nice snow. We are expecting 100mph winds today and the schools are closing early.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gosh you are having terrible weather, think you could go for it next year! Sunny and cold today, and my beginners will love the race, although nobody as fast as last week!! This will be my last update for a week as we have visitors all week and my little office will be put away and become a bedroom! Maybe you could do the honours, Chris? Cheers for now Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Even our beginner groups were going fast last week. It was fun though.

Getting home from work yesterday was fun too. I was lucky that I was late leaving and by the time I went 3 fallen trees had been cleared up on my way home and 2 closed roads re-opened. I was going south-west. Anyone trying to go east or north took almost 4 hours to do what normally takes about 20 minutes.

I'd much rather have snow than wind and rain. Sunny and cold would be great. I hope it keeps it up in Niederau for the rest of the season.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah no problem Carolyn

This is what I was faced with this morning

Blue skies and snow cannons on the Kropfrader

To the West

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another day with clear blue skies and a frost. Pistes should be perfect today. Oh well I may as well go and test them Toofy Grin
snow report
As expected pistes were perfect yesterday, there was actually a sprinkling of new snow. Today started a little milder with some thin high cloud which has now dissapeared to leave another glorious sunny day in paradise. Snow is good too.
latest report
Great photos Chris. You seem to get really good light.
snow conditions
Thanks J Rhiannon, I do aim to please.
Snowing on the mountain this morning, forecast is for snow all day don't think there will be any pics today as I will be working. Don't think the light will be up to much for photography either.
latest report
New snow right into the valley Very Happy
snow conditions
Sunny with a little high cloud this morning.
ski holidays
Cloudy with snow forecast, time for some more dancing!
ski holidays
Lovely sunny morning following a cold night. Yesterdays sticky new snow should be a lot better today. Time to put the suncream on!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 22-02-14 8:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
New snow at all levels this morning and still snowing Very Happy
ski holidays
Peolpe must be dancing again. Very Happy
snow conditions
Cool..... Taking my wife to Niederau on 1st March. Will it be good skiing all day or just in the morning this time of year? Cool
snow conditions
A sunny day here today, working in the valley all day today, nursery areas are fine though a little soft by the afternoon. The run back to the village was ok this afternoon as well.
latest report
Sunshine again this morning, off to try the pistes before work wink
snow report
Looks like another glorious day here in paradise Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome back carolyn, looks good to me too.
snow report
Another glorious day, pistes are still holding up well. Snow forecast Sat night / Sunday and a little bit more early next week.
latest report
Thanks, Chris Smile looks like it is clearing up now after a tiny bit of overnight snow. More on the way but sunshine expected today and tomorrow - better go and see Smile
latest report
pistes in decent conditon bit slushy at bottom towards end of day. Needs a bit of a topup though (via SMS)
ski holidays
Skied ski welt from hopfgarten quite warm +8 at 1400. But.in general pistes in good condition. Slushy bumps were the order of the day especially on south facing slopes. Going wasn't worth the trip as too much gone, but rest of domain was fun
snow conditions
Skied auffach und alpbach today. Pistes in excellent condition apart from the run to auffach base from mittelstation which was more like gardening than skiing. Red 47 and red 2 were deffo pistes de jour. Great for ripping down
latest report
So we had some snow overnight and more is forecast, although here in the village it is drizzling rain at the moment.
snow conditions
Skied auffach this am grotty amd overcast and whilst had been light snow maybe 2-3cm topup still was warm and pistes not in that great conditions. Sacked off after lunch now waiting for bus to Munich.
snow report
Lower slopes were very wet yesterday but we have had hard frost overnight and it is clear and sunny today Smile
ski holidays
Yesterday was damp with rain in the village and snow on the mountain in the morning, clearing up in the afternoon. Today's forecast is snow on and off all day, same tomorrow. Slopes very slushy by the afternoon in the village Sad
latest report
carolyn, How much longer left for the season in Niederau?
snow conditions
Niederau gondola open til 30th March from their website, although I had thought it was sooner! Sunny spells expected today, full sun from then til next week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy