Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I live in Niederau and have been asked for a weather update. We have snow a plenty at the moment and today it is part cloudy and about zero degrees. The forecast is for sunshine today followed by more snow tomorrow. This is according to our local radio station, not just me looking outside. We open on saturday and have a new four man chairlift this season.

Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good to read your report carolyn! Very jealous Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, Cathy Madeye-Smiley

Have been living here just over a year now and moving here was the best thing we could have done - it is beautiful. Do I gather that you know Niederau?
Cheers, Carolyn
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Carolyn,

Where does the new 4-man lift go to / from
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Morning,
The new lift replaces the Lanerkopfl single chair and starts from the same place. It goes above the old top station, coming up to the top of the Gipfel lift (or the Dog Leg Drag) Our youngest son was first up the gondola last winter and summer and is desperate to be first on the new lift so intends to get us all up very early on saturday! Will reprt back with details of what it's like.
Carolyn
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Carolyn - know where you are - it did need up-dating.
It should also take the pressure off the gondola.
Please let us know if the snow forecast over the next few days arrives.

PS - now addicted to your webcam
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,
So glad you like the web cam. Just seen my youngest off to school - yes it is only twenty to seven, but he is home at lunch time and has plenty time to ski. But the reason I am writing this morning is to report on the SNOW!! Lots of it overnight and still snowing. The radio says it will carry on over the weekend. Will you be coming to Niederau this year?
Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all,
Just to let you know I have been skiing in Niederau this morning - first up the first lift of the season - and it is perfext! Lots of new snow and still snowing. Nobody else there for the first hour so my husband Des and I had the whole place to ourselves, what a treat. Glad to report that the gluwein this year is exceptional as well. Off again later this afternoon just to make sure we wren't dreaming.......
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carolyn, I am very jealous. How lovely to have all that space to yourselves. Any pics??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello,
Sorry we were too busy pinching ourselves to do photos! Actually it has been and still is snowing all day and was amazing!
Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all,

Second day of the new season and still snowing - conditions are perfect!

Carolyn
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
carolyn, Going green
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
carolyn wrote:
Morning,
The new lift replaces the Lanerkopfl single chair and starts from the same place. It goes above the old top station, coming up to the top of the Gipfel lift (or the Dog Leg Drag) Our youngest son was first up the gondola last winter and summer and is desperate to be first on the new lift so intends to get us all up very early on saturday! Will reprt back with details of what it's like.
Carolyn

Thats a shame Sad I thought there was a preservation order on it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carolyn,

Hi Carolyn

- yes we are coming this year, but not until 31st Jan. We loved it there last year - stayed at 'The Vicky'

This year we had decided that due to 'the crunch' we could not really afford it - then we got a deal with Crystal - £730 for the three of us at the Hotel Austria - flying from Newcastle our local airport..

so just booked it.

Sorry - we had not heard about 'The Auhof' - appartments... but I am thinking of doing a DIY next year rather than using the T.O.s
so maybe see you then - the rooms look great.
Please keep the weather reports coming, and the webcam running. - It is the best Niederau webcam !!

Enjoy the powder -

regards
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Lechbob,
Not sure about a preservation order but we did manage to scrounge 2 chairs from the old lift and are hoping to hang them from our balcony in the back garden!

Hi Parallel lines,
Glad you are coming, actually I did see that you had mentioned it in your post to me before but I am a bit new to all this business so apologies there! The Austria is a very good hotel I think, and extremely handy as well! Very glad you like the look of our house, do come along in January for a drink and a look round.

On a rather gloomy note - I have promised weather reports and feel obliged to report rain yesterday. Awful stuff, but the pistes are all ok still and the locals are all saying it will be a better day today so I shall bring you up to date tomorrow morning. Very luckily there was a huge amount of snow on saturday so we are not too upset - just doesn't look so nice for arriving people.....

Cheers
Carolyn
latest report
Cleared up and I can see the sun now - phew¬
snow conditions
Hi, Merry Christmas everyone,
Had some new snow overnight and conditions better for it, a bit cloudy now after a sunny start. Colder now. Have been out this morning and there is still plenty snow.
Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
Hi all,

Very cold here now but the sun shines all day - conditions are very good indeed. This weather is set for the next few days at least and there is plenty snow and the cannons are making big plies of the stuff just in case. All very good indeed here. Please excuse the infrequency of reports but have been busy with getting apartments ready for guests and .....going skiing!

Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
Good reports, carolyn. Keep 'em coming.
snow conditions
Thanks Carolyn

Happy New Year - keep the good news coming - only 33 days to go.......
snow conditions
Hi,
Glad the reports are ok.
Here is another update - very sunny and cold again today, looks like I shall have to go and see the conditions for myself at first hand later! Weather on the radio says more sun then snow and returning to sun again. Should be another day in paradise!!
Will keep you posted.
Cheers for now,
Carolyn
snow report
Hi Carolyn,
Niederau was one of the resorts we had been considering for a middle aged women's ski hol, none of us having visited there. Unfortunately, we have been put off by very many bad reports and photos of the hotels in the resort, which seem to be owned by the same family and about whom we have read many negative comments. Your input would be very welcome.
regards,
Aneira
ski holidays
Hello Aneira,

Well I can't say I know of these reports you have read, but can tell yopu what I know for sure. There are many lovely hotels in the village to choose, and I would be happy to recommend some to you should that help. Don't let people put you off what is a beautiful village with many smashing places to stay and wonderful skiing! We moved here for good in september 2007 and none of us has stopped smiling yet!

By the way, the sun is still shining and it is still cold, with snow mentioned for tonight although they did say it won't obscure the fireworks too much.

Cheers,

Carolyn
latest report
I have fond memories of Niederau from a few seasons ago. It got me skiing again after having given up after my first couple of attempts many years before.

Aneira, We stayed in Hotel Alpenland. Food and accommodation were fine. Great location for the lifts - practically ski in-out (unless you're a complete beginner in which case its a little bit of a walk to the nursery slope but that would only be for the first couple of days).
snow report
Hello,
So we got the promised snow overnight and it is still snowing. Very Happy

Cheers,
Carolyn
ski holidays
Niederau was the first place I ever skied back in 1977. I probably wouldn't recognise it now...
latest report
Carolyn,

Love your webcams and feel extremely jealous of your fab life. We have been to Niederau 4 times and fell in love with it from the off. We are hopefully gonna try and ski somewhere new this year if we can afford it, but your place looks brill and would most definately stay with you if available.
I look at your webcam most days and feel almost homesick........................i think I must be cracking up or else too much festive booze!!

Aneira - Don't be put off by any bad reports, the ski schools are superb, slopes perfect to learn to ski on and lovely places to eat and stay. Carolyn has said she will recommend some places, you must go its lovely. Very Happy
latest report
Hey, Thanks Zobo - you are not cracking up at all it is a wonderful place to live! Snow has stopped for now but looks like more still to come/ It is minus 3 just now at almost quarter past three in the afternoon. And I bet you would still rcognise lots of Niederau, Queen Bodecia - still lots of the same people, too!
Cheers ,Carolyn
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello,

Still cold - minus 8 today - and very sunny. Snow still excellent so all is well here in Niederau.

Carolyn
ski holidays
Hello again,

Same report again! Very cold but seems clear at the moment. Predictions are for more sunshine tomorrow Very Happy Skied yesterday and conditions still superb.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
hello Carolyn

is there any talk of a change in the weather or does this cold dry spell looks like it will stay for awhile longer
latest report
Hi Woodworm,

It is minus 9.8 this morning, but the talk is for cloud and some snow friday. This was the local radio station who generally seem to know what's going on! They did keep on about the sun coming through, too so maybe it will be a short change in the weather. Very impressed with the snow cover, pistes really well covered and our boys did the Sixtwiese the other day and said it was fine - rather them than me!

Will let you know if I hear anything else,

Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
Hello Carolyn

What is the link to your webcam mentioned earlier in this thread?

Thanks
snow report
Hi Carolyn
last time in Niederau (20 yrs ago) there was no snow, judging by your web cam theres snow right in the village?
hope it stays we'll be arriving Sat 7th Feb. Are conditions in Affach good as well?
thanks, great web cam lifted spirits greatly!!
ski holidays
Hiya,

The link is to our web site www.auhof.co.at - we run an apartment house here in Niederau. And there is indeed snow all over the place - has been very cold but a bit warmer today and due to an FIS race on the Tennladen the rest of the place very quiet today - paradise for skiing and will try and keep you some snow for february! Come on up and say hello!

Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
Hi Carolyn,

Learnt to ski in Niederau with Tony Klinger from the reds always had a great timeand its a great base for trips to Westendorf and Skiwelt. How do you find it making a living do you get much time to ski around loking after your guests?
snow report
Hi Joshua,

Glad you liked the Reds - definately the number 1 ski school! Making a living is a bit patchy with quiet and manic periods but as we are an apartment house most of the guests pretty much look after themselves. We offer bus shuttles for those who need it, but there is always plenty of time to ski. We can choose when to go so I am getting very fussy and tend to go when the sun shines! Luckily this is the norm so am getting plenty skiing done so far this season.

Weather is still cloudless skies but not so cold as it has been lately - minus 2 today.

Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
carolyn,

Reds are great I have skied with them four times and two of my kids also learnt with them one now a great skier. Could I ask you how easy it was to find a property in Neiderau is it best through an agent or easier to be there to look around. I would love to relocate and Neiderau has always appealed to me always seemed quite a chilled out place,with very friendly people.
snow report
Hi Joshua,

You're right, it is a very happy and friendly place. Thing is it is a working village all year round, not just a winter ski resort so everyone has their part to play throughout the year. We found our house through word of mouth but I think the banks all have information on houses for sale - you don't have estate agents all over the place, but there are a couple in Worgl. I know one of the houses on our side of the village is for sale so there are opportunities for sure.

Weather the same - minus 3.5 and clear Very Happy

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
carolyn,

I was told by one of the ski instructors that it is quite busy in summer and they all have there winter and summer jobs. is there any kind of guide on prices but I guess if they are not advertised then prices must be quite steady as no estate agents to push them up and up. Is there much of a rental market if they are hard to find? the webcams great really makes you wish you were there. Is it very busy at the moment?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy