Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
I have a week to go... can't wait Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After a week of teaching 8 hours per day yesterday was my day off so with a couple of friends a went ski touring.

We departed from le Villaret du Nial, on the Lac du Chevrill and headed up towards the dams in the Sassiere valley at the first dam we headed North West along the Plan de la Casette towards La Grande Combe and returned on a similar route as our original route did not look skiable.

The snow was changable, with soft powder above 2100m and freeze thaw cnditions below 2100m, dependant upon aspect.

Unfourtunatly after a great weeks weather yesterday was much more cloudy with snow showers all day and a cloud base around 3500m Laughing

We saw lots of Chamoix and one fox. My photographic skills have still not improved so sorry no photos Sad

A good little tour which has hopefully set me up for another weeks teaching Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward, Wow - where do you find the energy!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Light snow again today. Hopefully clearing up for tomorrow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski wrote:
stewart woodward, Wow - where do you find the energy!

Just 7 hours today Very Happy

09.00 - 11.00 British teenagers, level 3
11.00 - 13.00 Brit couple level 4
13.00 - 14.00 LUNCH with Mrs W
14.00 - 17.00 British teenagers as am
17.00 - 17.30 Practice tranceiver search
17.45 - 18.30 ESF ski show
19.00 - 21.00 champagne night in Alpka Very Happy
21.00 - 22.00 approx SNOWHEADS snowHead
22.00 Bed

A normal type of day Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If I was driving a transfer minibus, possibly a Vokswagen, with Tignes Ski chalets written on the back I wouldn't cut up a British car, the driver may well post details on a ski forum Toofy Grin
I hope you drive better with paying guests on board Confused
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stewart woodward wrote:
After a week of teaching 8 hours per day yesterday was my day off so with a couple of friends a went ski touring.

Hey Stewart, so Saturday was work? Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
If I was driving a transfer minibus, possibly a Vokswagen, with Tignes Ski chalets written on the back I wouldn't cut up a British car, the driver may well post details on a ski forum Toofy Grin
I hope you drive better with paying guests on board Confused

Perhaps you should have added that the mini bus has British plates before people have a go at French drivers.

All advertising is good advertising Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nearly the end of another great weeks skiing & weather here in the Espace Killy Very Happy

I think my wish for sunshine during the half term holidays has been answered Laughing Laughing

The pistes are still very good although you have to know where to go to find any offpiste powder.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can currently spot the locals/seasioneres due to their 'Sun Tans & Panda eyes' Very Happy whilst a lot of Tourists are very bright RED Embarassed due to the long hot sunny days we have had over the past two weeks. Long lunches on sunny terraces seem to be popular Very Happy

The pistes are still very good, due to the slight snow falls we have had, although sharp edges help in some places. We have had a few natural small slides of snow on South facing slopes. Anyone skiing offpiste needs to be carefull especially after lunch time.

We are going touring again today so hopefully will see more wild life Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whats the skiing conditions like over there at the min? Anymore snowfall forecast?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^^ how was the touring this week Stewart?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Matt_G wrote:
Whats the skiing conditions like over there at the min? Anymore snowfall forecast?

Snowed last night & still snowing this morning Very Happy Should be a great day Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's brilliant news - I'm out in Tignes on Sunday & in desperate need of snow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing again all day today. snowHead
latest report
sweet, i'm flying out sunday too.
snow report
It's not stopped snowing for 2 days Very Happy those wiggly things seemed to have given us snow without any wind Very Happy

Lots & lots of powder and tomorrow is forecast sunshine Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
Still snowing this morning Very Happy Very Happy

Avalanche risk though must go up as the new snow is so light and is not bonding to the old snow Sad
ski holidays
Awesome!!! Save a few fresh tracks (uber optimistic there...) for us Sunday avo! TIGNES HERE WE COME!!!
ski holidays
stewart woodward, Did a good off piste day on Fri, our guide set off a nice slide at the top of the Chardonnet Couloir in bad weather and he got tumbled down a bit but cleared the line for the rest of us. There were two other guides ready to help him if he needed assistance. Then headed to the forests above Daille and followed the line underneath the gondolier... a little steeper than I am used to but at least my attempts at drop offs are resulting in comfortable crashes Laughing
latest report
Snow yesterday & today. snowHead
snow report
I have been away for a couple of days to ski some snow which was no way as good as Tignes Sad

The drive back last night was quite interesting with snow on the road all the way from Aime le Plagne. The amount of new snow in Tignes is mega.

The Pisters are currently blasting away to make the slopes safe and the sun is trying to poke through the clouds. Snowforecast.lie is predicting sunshine for this morning but currently it is snowing hard Very Happy

Must go, another cup of coffee in the Spar & powder skiing calls Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
stewart woodward,
Hi Stewart, great news Smile . Keep a bar stool warm, we're back out on Sunday.....just couldn't resist another week wink
Hopefully we'll manage to meet up next week.
snow report
We are coming on sunday Very Happy Very Happy

3 of us staying in Chalet Josephine in Les Brévières, Belvedere complex. Just got a great deal, which includes use of a local spa area.

Any one ever stayed there or used he spa area.

How long will it take to get to the main ski area in les Lac.

Cheers
latest report
about twenty minutes, cable car up and a short chairlift, then a five minute (if that) red to Palafor
snow report
Thank you.

Wish i hadn't hurt my back today Crying or Very sad

2 sleeps to get it right again!!!!
snow conditions
Hi
Im going with the mrs next week, was gonna take her to val on the 1st morning to session the greens to get her confidence up. If you get the TOMMEUSES back over can you get straight on piste 'H' from there or any blue back down into tignes? If not whats the easiest route back?
Also any of the blues in tignes easy? Its only her second week and want to get her confidence up early, then she might start coming every year! Very Happy
Thanks guys
snow conditions
If you take Tommeuses back up from Val d'Isere, there's the nominally Black Trolles back into le Lac or the Red down to Val Claret - or you can download on the Aeroski
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
borsat is the better option, top of tomm is carnage.
snow report
Another beautifull morning with wall to wall sunshine and warm temperatuers.

The pistes were fantastic yesterday Very Happy

Must be March Mrs W is out skiing on a regular basis. Sorry enjoying Rose Wine on many different terraces wink
snow report
Sounds good, i hope snowforecast is wrong and we get a bit more snow out there this week before i get out.
Is there a run into tignes from the top of the Borsat?
snow report
We have just booked for Tignes on a really good deal with Skiworld, just the two of us without the kids, really looking forward to some good skiing and plenty of Rose! Very Happy Looking at the temps for next week looking up and down, but hey ho, we will be in the mountains and it is high, so lets party! Razz
snow conditions
Hows the snow holding up guys? Any forecast out there before i arrive on saturday?
latest report
adamtheyido wrote:
Hows the snow holding up guys? Any forecast out there before i arrive on saturday?

If you want;

EMPTY PISTES
GREAT SNOW
WALL TO WALL SUNSHINE

Then Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ps. It looks like it's getting a bit colder towards the weekend
snow conditions
Sounds perfect Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Bring on sunday
snow report
stewart woodward, did you get the e-mail about the lesson for my lad?

Cheers

Steve
latest report
[quote="SteveKirby"]stewart woodward, did you get the e-mail about the lesson for my lad?

Stewart - I'm also trying to get in touch about lessons! Are you getting your fsmail email?

Gav

PS. Apologies for thread-hijack everyone...
snow report
SteveKirby, Gav1857,

Replies sent guys. Sorry my email account has been acting a bit funny lately Confused
ski holidays
Stupid "piece of string" question time

How busy is it likely to be, the second week of the easter holidays? We once tried Serre Chevalier @ new year and it was awful, so we've alwys avoided the school holidays since then. The main proiblem was queues - 20 minutes queus for drag lifts, half hour queus in restaurants etc.

Now however, the choice is w/c sat 11th which is the second week of the easter break, or w/c 18th april when most of the tourops have packed in for the season...

The offers we're eying up are for Val d'Isere and Tignes, hence posting on here.

While I think on, are there any Salles pique-nique in the Espace Killy?
ski holidays
Quote:

How busy is it likely to be, the second week of the easter holidays?

Been to Tignes loads - but only once in the French school hols (in Feb 0Cool.

Queues were generally fine - though links back to Tignes (eg Tommeuses Chair) can have waits of 5 mins or so at going back time (ie from mid-afternoon). This one's a six pack so gets the queue down quickly.

Once up the chair, the direct run from Tommeuses to Val Claret was about the most crowded run I've ever skied in the last 20 years - dangerous & no fun at all as boy/man racers practised top speed human slalom around the nervous snowploughers. Best avoided at peak times. A better alternative to Val Claret is the route from Col de Fresse. Busy but not bad in comparison.

In general we did find some other busy runs - eg in the central bowl heading from the Col du Palet area towards Le Lac/Aiguille Percee - but all in all it was fine - especially towards the outer reaches of the lift system eg above Les Brevieres. It was virtually deserted at Le Fornet, above Val D'Isere.

Sorry but (at least until the collapse of sterling & this year's visit - which isn't until the end of April) I haven't looked for any salles de pique nique. Let us know if you find any!

As the tour ops have packed up by the second week of your possible two - and given the big numbers of Brits (most, presumably on packages) who visit Espace Killy - week commencing 18.4.09 will be quieter. By the way, our studio happens to be free for both your possible weeks if any interest:D :
http://www.tignes.co.uk/Chalet_Club.htm
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy