Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
So what are the current conditions/forecast for the next few days ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
halfhand wrote:
So what are the current conditions/forecast for the next few days ?

Yesterday was a perfect day Very Happy Blue skies, excellent pistes & very quiet slopes Very Happy

The forecast for the next few days is SNOW Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yay!! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The forecasts on snowforecast look very very good for the next week

I fly out tomorrow morning Happy Val Claret here we come.....

just hoping Gatwick doesnt get dumped on too much today
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward, have you got any yet we haven't..........
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
redrunmarcus wrote:
stewart woodward, have you got any yet we haven't..........

Yes Very Happy some new snow overnight but not as much as forecast by snowforecast.lie.com wink wink

It's actually quiet bright this morning with very little wind and warmish temperatures. The local kids have gone to school so obviously we do not have as much snow as the UK rolling eyes

snowforecast.lie.com have heavy snow for this afternoon/night so we will probably get another 5 cm Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weather better than forecast, luckily for the Men's Downhill. Val D'Isere was rammed, the Tignes pistes empty. snowHead
Now snowing (3.20pm UK time).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another morning breaks with more new light fluffy snow Very Happy It has been cold overnight so the the snow which has fallen is very light and powdery.

Any snowHead coming here for February holidays have no need to worry about the conditions they are just FANTASTIC Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm there 15th Feb so pleased to hear that the conditions are likely to hold out, been so envious hearing of all this fab snow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got home after such an amazing week...
Last day on the snow was Saturday - perfect powder day - up on the first lift and beautiful sunshine. Weather came in at 3ish - but at least folks going there today will have had even more powder to play in!!!
Right - time to check bank account to see if there are pennies for a 2nd trip!!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowing again today. When the sky cleared last night (about 11pm) the temperature dropped to -11C. Snow conditons fantastic.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kenzie, enjoy it! How busy is the resort?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kenzie, look after it fella. I'll be along shortly snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
Kenzie, enjoy it! How busy is the resort?

It was dead yesterday which was very suprising given its supposed to be French school holidays!! It was a little more busy today especially around piste H and in La Dallie but the runs around Les Brevieres were DEAD!! In fact so dead you could have been fooled thinking it was still January. With snow forecast tomorrow, I can't see traffic on the slopes picking up tomorrow either Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
daveg481, welcome to snowHeads! It's surprising it's still quiet - maybe the deluge will come next week?
latest report
Stormy overnight and the same forecast for today Sad Lots of new snow in the past 24 hrs but at the moment it is going horizontally past our window Sad

The skiing is fantastic but i cannot see much being open first thing this morning Sad

The resort is much busier than previous weeks with next weeks bookings higher than this weeks Very Happy
latest report
High winds today, with snow - a true Tignes blizzard. Not much open, no links to Val D when I came off the hill (about 1pm). On the plus side there were hardly any people up there, so despite getting white-outs, there was no-one to avoid!
snow report
I Skied around Le Brev today. It was certainly snowing alright but the whole area was delightfully deserted!!! Wind did get up though (as it is now) though going back home on Aiguille Rouge Chair must have been 100 Kph gusts at least, it felt like the wind was trying to blow your skis off! Shocked

Its total blizzard/whiteout (or maybe blackout however you want to call it) out there now! Touch wood it will clear up tomorrow!! Very Happy
ski holidays
Loads of new snow again overnight, approx 30cm Very Happy The winds have died down so hopefully more lifts will be open today Very Happy

some clear patches are appearing through the clouds Very Happy

Looks like a fantastic POWDER day
snow report
stewart woodward,
Quote:

Loads of new snow again overnight, approx 30cm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Currently in the Saloon bar in Val Claret, staying in the Curling over the road, food is actually really really good, were all very impressed

fair few lifts closed this morning so we went to Les Brevierres again, sun came out a bit and the wind was pretty much non existant down there, crowds picked up a little later on as i guess people are working out its a good place to go when its windy

still quiet enough though and some off piste to be had

winds are meant to be lower tomorrow so will probably try to head up Tuffs and maybe over to Val D'isere for a couple of runs

anyway, time to get ready for the England game, sorry for the poor report but i'm sure tomorrow will be much better

anyone going out is bound to have a great time Smile
snow conditions
snowscreen,

By lunchtime all the links to Val D were open and the skiing was FANTASTIC Very Happy Very Happy No need to hide in Les Brev wink

My kids group this morning had great fun skiing powder, mainly on piste as there was no difference between on & off piste Very Happy

The skies are currently clear and it is COLD. Tomorrow should be another epic day Laughing Hopefully we are going to get to Val D to watch some of the racing.
latest report
Snowing again this morning Very Happy Sad

Can we have some sunshine PLEASE Confused
snow report
stewart woodward, it's packed. I'll let it out on the weekend.
latest report
It's CLEAR, it's COLD, it's SUNNY YEAH, YEAH, YEAH Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We are going to rip those pistes today Laughing Laughing Laughing

Get those lifts OPEN
ski holidays
glad to hear comming out on Sunday
latest report
Very sunny, but very cold today. Spent most of it off-piste, including Gorges de Malpasset for first time! snowHead
snow conditions
stewart woodward wrote:
It's CLEAR, it's COLD, it's SUNNY YEAH, YEAH, YEAH Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We are going to rip those pistes today Laughing Laughing Laughing

Get those lifts OPEN

Saturday & Sunday were the same Very Happy Very Happy and this morning has dawned bright & clear Very Happy Very Happy

It looks like i am going to get my wish of sunny days & great snow for half term week Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its definately been allot more busy today and yesterday but still not as busy as i thought for half term week so far! The slopes seem to be holding up well and lift queues could be allot allot worse!! Only really had queues at the Sache and the Tommeuses lift today but nothing out of the ordinary! Smile
snow conditions
A couple of photos from last weeks World Championships wink

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/15750/ppuser/688

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/15749/ppuser/688

Can someone please make these photos easier to see (Cathy i need your help)
ski holidays
stewart, how many times?? wink Toofy Grin

Excellent photos from the World Champs Toofy Grin
snow report
cathy,

Many thanks. I am not a quick learner Sad
snow conditions
stewart woodward, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
A few of my pictures from last week - just added a review on my hotel - Curling to tripadvisor aswell

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/DPS1984/Tignes/DSCN0363.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/DPS1984/Tignes/IMG_0019.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/DPS1984/Tignes/IMG_0068.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/DPS1984/Tignes/IMG_0091.jpg
bad idea to fall asleep in an airport

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/DPS1984/Tignes/IMG_4605.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/DPS1984/Tignes/IMG_4665-1.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/DPS1984/Tignes/IMG_4680-1.jpg
ski holidays
Just braved the half term in Val Claret. Again, I'm amazed how well the resort infastructure copes with that ammount of people. The resorts must be full, but other than the usual home runs scrum, it can feel empty at times.

Played out on a couple of afternoons with Marco from Snocool (don't know if any of you in resort know him). He's a great guy to ski with, loads of fun. Spent a fair bit of time around the Chardonnet bowl and a couple of runs around the Tour de Pramecou. He also enjoys a couple of pints afterwards and can blag a free pizza at Bagus Bar. wink

Great week.
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, photos?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Mosha Marc, photos...

...would have been a good idea. Embarassed
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, Laughing
latest report
rob@rar, I could point out a couple of routes - if I knew how to put lines/arrows onto a photo.
snow report
Just got in form a great week, highlight of the week had to be the hidden valley, now trying to work out how to get back out at easter.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy