Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - good woman !

Poster: A snowHead
WTFH, according to my daughter's extensive research in Val d'Isere last week you are an expert skier (if that is your picture): helmet and goggles where you can't see the eyes. She assures me this is foolproof.
(Worse skier on the Rosie-scale is silly hat and glasses - just what I used to wear until this season)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your daughter is so close!
How would she have reacted if she'd seen my skis as well?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RIght I am now going to go and devote myself to site building with pics - may take me a few hours or so because im not exactly technically minded- but promise to post link here later on this evening!

Bear in mind tonight is also Britney Spears Dance Mat night so the pics should be funny??!?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm afraid to ask, Britney Spears Dance Mat night ? Look foward to the pics though Razz
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I heard she was more of a welcome mat.

And can we change the name of the thread to "Wanted - Bad Woman for a Good Time"?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
OH GOD!!!! WTFH (or fuxup as he's better known to those that have seen him ski - and his coding) is trying to get jiggy with Nad...
I want the film rights, it'll be a classic and keep me (hell it'll keep all of us) in free ski holidays till the glaciers melt!

Where you going Nadenoodlee? Exclamation
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hoping it's not too far from La Ros, Masque? Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just to play the bore...
http://www2.din.de/index.php?lang=en
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Britney Spears Dance mat is our weekly event- its a playstation game but with a dance mat instead of a controller so you have to dance against the little people in the game- soooo much fun- strongly advise you do not attempt whilst drunk- however wine does loosen you up- especially for the unintentional splits at the end

Where am I going? like on my ski trip? Im going to Pas de la Casa x
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A bit earlier Nade was talking about point to point - It sounds to me that point to point racing might be something worth investigating.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And you're taking a camera to this ? Well the pics will certainly be apprecdiated I'm sure ..... I think Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve to get things back slightly to snow related things, tht race, is it the one involving ice cubes and strong spirits ? or am I thinking of a similar race of a different name ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We all have camera fones- the devil makes work for idle thumbs etc

Point to Point racing- ahhh a new take on an old classic - i like the sound of that NehNeh

I was sposed to be going out tonight but I lost my purse on my wonderful night out last night and am still mourning the loss of my favourite lip gloss
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thinking about point to point racing is putting me into a tither. I can't begin to imagine what it involves or whether it is better with only two people or three or more.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And he wtfh wasnt trying to get jiggy with me- but now I have that song in my head by Will Smith!! gggggggrrrrrrrrr

Well I have a ski related question - should you put your hands through the loops on the poles?
snow report
Only if you don't need a key to get out of them.
Musque
ski holidays
Nade - I never do - be bold do it without.
latest report
Unless you want to loose your poles then yes, but you should be careful how you do so, what yo want is for the strap to be on top of your wrist then for it to come together below your thumb passing under the thumb as you grip the pole, if it goes over the thumb it can cause the thumb to break if you fall. I'd do a photo but my poles are in Switzerland Razz
snow report
Blimey D G - that last picture's being a bit greedy. Oops, sorry, just read the caption. Mind u, couldn't complain about the company Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Ouch- all sounds rather painful and I really dont want broken hands- these are healing hands!!

have just found out im not flying to TOulouse but instead to Barcelona- 6hour transfer is imminent- any particularly inventive ways to pass the journey?
ski holidays
No it was very plesant, the chap taking the photo was a great guy from Sweden who was working in the resort as were his two girlfriends, I skied back to his place with him one day and the Finnish girl made us pancakes with jam and ice cream, very nice.
ski holidays
6 hour transfer yikes, hope you don't have to get up at 3am to catch the flight back, depends how the transfer is going to be, maybe a selection of music and some headphones, plus plenty of spare batteries ! And I thought 4 hours from Geneva to Wengen was bad at least I had a first class train ticket ....
snow report
im going to be stuck on a scummy coach with a rude spanish bus driver who hates all English tourists and likes to scare them with aggressive driving

I estimate at least 3 kids
half a rugby team
a rep who's "high on life"
and some whingey late deals people whove just been allocated the room above the local brothel

ahh well the snow will more than make up for it!
snow report
Are you sure about the 6 hour transfer ? According to my copy of autoroute it's only about 120 miles from Pas de la casa to Barcelona airport as opposed to 100 miles from Toulouse.
ski holidays
It should be 4 hours but it always takes longer- with the stops and 2 drop offs before we even get to Pas!!
ski holidays
Ahh well that would explain thing, personally I book hotel direct and the same with travel thus the comfortable journey, mind you I used to take the overnight train which takes a lot longer but gives you longer in the resort, unfortunately due to obscure reasons probably involving French railways the train from Brussels to Switzerland got cancelled in December so I had to fly, still it wasn't too bad Southampton to Geneva for £51 return ment I could afford to upgrade the transfer ticket to first class and travel in comfort.
ski holidays
Ahhh im on a freebie from work so beggars cant be choosers! I love my job! Very Happy
latest report
No mention of rigidity or flexibility!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I guess if you get the trip for free that would be a good reason not to complain too loudly snowHead
ski holidays
Bummer deal, eh? I have to drive all the way to Copper on Saturday, then to Breck on Sunday/Monday. It's at least 90-120 minutes door to door. Can you believe it? NehNeh snowHead
latest report
Try not to gloat steve, its ungentlemanly Twisted Evil
snow report
ssh

Do you need a wife ? Very Happy

I loved Copper when I was there in 1999 - Awesome the sun shone everyday and it snowed a foot of powder every night

BLISS!!!
snow report
Sorry Helen from a previous thread I happen to know he's already married, good try though snowHead
snow report
Bllimey ! I'm only gone a day and there's photos, hints, offers and all manner of goings on.....

Therefore, am Going to Pub !
snow report
Yes we did this to Alan before on his SCGB post refering to him being a sad old git, mind you I think we did give him about a week before we started NehNeh
snow conditions
DG - it's less to with that, and more to do with fact that impending emigrating woman is currently in my apartment, in the shower ! Laughing
ski holidays
Oh that's good Laughing
latest report
A perfect opportunity to ascertain her DIN no. then, I think. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Ian Hopkinson, oops! I didn't read the fine print about needing to be a gentleman here. I assumed all of the posts about... Oh, never mind! Razz

Helen LS, I'm afraid my bride might not like the sharing... Little Angel However, if you make it to this side of the pond some time again, do ping me and I'll see about helping you find some stashes... Wink
snow report
And that's even better from skanky snowHead Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy