Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - good woman !

Poster: A snowHead
Current woman emigrating - to Dubai ! (she doesn't ski) very soon and need a replacement !

Anyone out there?

Me - 37, my own skis - Blizzard race carvers, an edge file and 2 Austin 7's !
You... ???

Help !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, I'm a bloke, but I think the women are going to want you to be more specific. Are you looking for a long-term replacement or a short-term rental arrangement?

Is size important (I prefer at least 160cm myself)? And sidecut - are you looking for a curvy model or more of an "all-mountain" type? What level are you? Do you find your legs burning after five minutes, or can you keep going on the bumps for longer?

When learning, did you favour groups or were you more of a one-to-one person? Are you the kind of guy who wants to learn more from a Gitanes-smoking Frenchman called Maurice?

How are you on maintenance? Do you do your own ironing, or do you go for the easy rub-on alternative?

Girls of today's day and age want to know the answers to all these questions, and more!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masopa that's brilliant Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One of my wife's friends may be interested but would like to see a photograph first.

Please post picture of race carvers and edge file.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 25-02-04 13:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Austin, if
my own skis - Blizzard race carvers, an edge file and 2 Austin 7's !

are your major selling points, then to be blunt, you'd better quit while your ahead or maybe settle for Masopa's Gitanes-smoking Frenchman called Maurice
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Come now, the French have style! Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Austin, why not impress the girls with your binding setting. They really want to know how good you are. (If you've got Marker bindings, forget about it, they don't want guys who suffer from premature release)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Binding settings + boot size + ski length = Vital Statistics.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What's your DIN? I wouldn't touch anyone with less than 7.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Austin, why not impress the girls with your binding setting. They really want to know how good you are. (If you've got Marker bindings, forget about it, they don't want guys who suffer from premature release)

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alexandra - I'm only a 6. You obviously want more action than I can handle.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
this thread shows early potential to replace the 'sad old git' one!

WTFH, what about mounting those Markers on Sugar Daddy skis?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But what about if they are Marker Piston Bindings surely they should go some?

I am with Alex here no one less than a 7 for me too Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is that because of their ability, or weight? Very Happy
ski holidays
Ability and weight actually are not really important with DIN settings if you don't fall over, oh and mine are supposed to be on 9 or 10 but I leave them on 7, for the record 1 fall whilst moving in the last 16 weeks of skiing Laughing
ski holidays
Alexandra needs to meet a boarder; No wussie DIN settings for us. Once clamped 'in', we're in for the day's ride, however rough it gets and even if we fall off there's no faffin' about looking for missing equipment, it's straight back into the groove for some big hits.
Join the baggy-pants brigade, there's reason for all that trouser space.
latest report
Yes it's so you can fit in the cushion because you spend so much time sitting on the snow rather than skiing down it Twisted Evil
snow report
Masque wrote:
there's reason for all that trouser space.

Hemorrhoids?
snow report
What do you call them? Tiffanys?
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
Ability and weight actually are not really important with DIN settings if you don't fall over, oh and mine are supposed to be on 9 or 10 but I leave them on 7, for the record 1 fall whilst moving in the last 16 weeks of skiing Laughing

As someone (who?) always used to say: "If you're not falling, you're not learning."

Well I learnt not to take off-piste short-cuts to avoid a short, uphill traverse.
Confused
snow report
Quote:

What's your DIN? I wouldn't touch anyone with less than 7.

and
Quote:

Is that because of their ability, or weight?

It's more about the fact I need to know that they're not going to lose their equipment no matter how hard and long the course is!
snow conditions
Din setting 9 - I like to keep everything together, no matter how hard I push it! You never know what might fall off if it's not held on tight enough Toofy Grin

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 25-02-04 17:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
As aid above, some of us only worry about the din when we go down.

I guess hat or helmet is important, too?
snow conditions
Have you not found one yet?

On the SCGB forum there is a posting today from a lady who's partner can't go skiing at the last minute and she has a bed half empty 7th March Alp D for a week! She probably means another female, but who knows?? Wink
snow report
You can always come with me and my best friend Kate when we go to Pas- could be a bit of a squeeze but were not there for a long time were there for a good time! NehNeh
latest report
Nade, when are you leaving?

Din 8.5 (8 on the pow skis, locked in on the skiboards), length 99, 176, and 179, width 65, 67 and 90. Boots 321mm.
snow report
who asked about a "looking for love" forum? Poor chap posts re . new woman, and somehow the thread ends up on din number, seems like Austin has been scared off.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
He shouldn't be, he's just been offered two women Shocked I'm gonna buy me some Blizzards and Austins.
snow report
Skanky you said or quoted "when you are not falling you are not learning".

Master he say " When you have learnt all there is to learn by falling, it is time to learn to stay upright "

I have learnt not to fall, thus I have graduated from this level and seek the level beyond Toofy Grin
latest report
Takes more than that to scare me ! Brilliant - laughing all the way through... Very Happy

To take up on masopa's post - and a few others...

Vital Stats :
length - 171+
Din - 6, but needs winding up a bit; does come with side release for added variation Wink
Boot size - 9 !
Prefer the 'all mountain type' to the curvey ones, but can handle either.....
Stamina ? Parsenn-Kublis - all 12km of it - 1 run, no stops and ready to do it all over again by the time had got to the valley floor. So not a problem then..... Wink

Sorry, but not so impressed with boarders : from what I see they're either lying on their back and lacking in 'pro-active', or going so fast I can't see how they have time to enjoy it !

Nade - next available for a trip out - April4 (ARDS licence test on the 3rd).

Cheers, Austin7

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 25-02-04 17:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
Skanky you said or quoted "when you are not falling you are not learning".

Master he say " When you have learnt all there is to learn by falling, it is time to learn to stay upright "

I have learnt not to fall, thus I have graduated from this level and seek the level beyond Toofy Grin

Extreme skiing Cool I've seen films of that Shocked
ski holidays
No not quite that advanced Embarassed They who have attained that level are way up there ahead of me Sad

I have mearly reached a different intermediate plateau, I guess about the same as most experienced instructors, but without the good looks that many of them seem to have Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Hmmm... DG, I don't get it. While I don't fall regularly, I do make an effort to push the envelope consistently, so will tend to take a digger a few times a year. If you're not outside your comfort zone, you are likely not improving (a change in skiing technique is rarely if ever comfortable!).

I don't think that I've taken a full-on fall this year, but I have "touched down" a few times. Then again, I've spent much of my on-snow time teaching never-evers, and not enough actually skiing.
latest report
Like I said I have reached a plateau, I go skiing to relax not to kill myself Razz It is entirely possible that I am happy Smile at this level of skiing, of course it could be that I just need someone to encourage me to ski faster/harder or more dramatically Cool , any tall stuningly atractive women out there wishing to apply Question
snow conditions
Well, if you head across the pond and you're very nice to her, my tall, stunningly attractive wife might join us for a day. NehNeh Twisted Evil

However, touche... If you love what you do on snow, don't let me get in your way (so to speak!). I just realized this year how much more I can grow at it!
snow report
Maybe this is where I'm going wrong; I've been ski=ing 5 weeks and have had a about 3 weeks fall free and only a handfull of falls in the other 2 weeks - I've done some interesting contortions...
snow conditions
Ian you should bear in mind that I started skiing at 3 years old and have been skiing for the last 32 years with I guess a minimum of about 75 weeks skiing in that time, like most people when I started I would fall over, a lot ! Razz , you should also bear in mind that the vast majority of that skiing was done in one resort, therfore I know the pistes and their likely conditions in different weather, all of which means that I'm less likely to fall there than any other ski resort, take me somewhere I've not been and I'd probably be just as bad as any other intermediate Razz
snow report
I like to fall down at least every day. It keeps me in touch with reality Cool
snow report
I like to fall down, it keeps me in touch with the ground.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy