Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - good woman !

Poster: A snowHead
I like to fall down.....so I've taken up snowboarding Wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You know, I was only joking about falling and stuff. I hardly fall over these days (not never, just rarely). Had a cracking fall last week. The piste went flat-ish in the direction of the piste, but was tilted left to right (though this wasn't obvious in the cloud).

As I came onto it, "tucked" to avoid the strong wind, and leaning to the left, the ground came up to meet me on my left and I found myself travelling on my left shoulder, left knee, left ankle, and left wrist. Needless to say, not for very far. Never seen/experienced a fall like that before. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well we leave on the nasty 7am flight on sunday the 7th!! soooooooo excited,
im doing all my sleeping now so i can stay up all night for 7 whole days and nights.

Theres always room for one more on the tour- theres only two of us though- usually about 5 but everyones taking these degree exams sooo seriously theyve forgotten about the snow!

I dont know what a DIN number is (yes I am blonde) however ive never been asked/told before is it distance inbetween nipples? in which case what a fine chest you have Razz thats my best guess im afraid.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh God ! that's priceless, just to clear up the point however it is the setting of the ski binding (but I'm sure you new that really Laughing ). The higher the value the better and heavier the skier you are, highest binding setting is something like 14 or 16 that's as far as I can recall anyway
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahh i knew you have different things on your bindings but i didnt know there is a real word for it!

Maybe when the ski guy asks me i should just flash him and ask him to take a guess? I like my version of DIN more!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Do that and he'll probably give you axtra po...no, I can't write that on a family website. Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DG - do you think that Nade needs any help with the measuring! Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So what does DIN stand for? does anyone know? If theres no reply I will officially launch my DIN meaning as the one true meaning.

SO if you have a big DIN does that mean your
a) heavy
b) a damn good skier
c)Heavy and good?

or any of the above? and does that mean that if your lighter youre at a disadvantage? I really should pay more attention when getting my skis fitted instead of trying on sunglasses and stupid hats
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah could do tony- I get confused between cm and in - but i think most men do to dont they NehNeh
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cm are bigger Little Angel
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Im not about to flash the ski guy unless it results in some good skis! Its blimmin cold in those ski shops!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DIN is one of several international standards agreements all refered to by initials, e.g ANSI, ISO or BS, DIN is a non-governmental organization established to promote the development of standardization and related activities in Germany and related markets with the goal of facilitating the international exchange of goods and services, and to developing cooperation in the spheres of intellectual, scientific, technological and economic activity. It stands for Deutsches Institut fur Normung.

In this particular case they came up with the standards for setting up the release mechanism on ski bindings, or I think more accurately the standard to which those bindings have to be set in order to release under pre defined conditions i.e when you fall over at a certain speed.

The settings are adjusted according to both experience and weight, the feeling is that a more experienced person will put their bindings under a higher degree of force than a beginer (likewise with a heavier person) meaning that they will want the bindings to release under higher load conditions, a beginer will be falling over more often and will want the skis to come off more easily to prevent injury.

So in answer to your last multi choice question it's all three, the highest DIN settings would only be required by heavy very good skiers, but a skier who was heavy but only intermediate might have the same setting as a lighter advanced person.

If you are lighter you are not at any real disadvantage, with the possible exception of flat areas of piste where the heavier skiers weight will give them a greater momentum resulting in less walking.

I'm fairly certain however in answer to an earlier question that should you give the person adjusting your bindings a quick flash he will probably (not definately) arrange a quick discount Laughing

There hope that helps, by the way I'm sure there probably is a standard for the measurement Nadenoodlee suggested but I have no idea what it is I guess you'd have to be a lingerie expert to know Razz
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I remembered from my design tech class its called - "point to point" (snigger snigger)

Thank you very much for your answer - I will now not be a total ignorant in the ski shop and shall demand suitable DINs and skis or there will be no flashing of alternative DIN measurements
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hope people dont get the wrong idea about me- Im an angel at home (ahem) I just find the altitude and duty free alcohol goes to my head and I become this whole other person who freely flashes at suitable targets all in the name of fun- four of us flashed on the chair lift to see how many skiers we could floor- irresponsible ? yes, fun all round? undoubtedly
latest report
You sound like an interesting person to be arround (on the slopes at least) Laughing
snow report
And what was the result?
Have you any photos?
snow report
Well being a student helps with the free time, lack of responsibility and general merriment (free money etc) And working in travel helps with the free hols!

I love my snow holidays more than my sand holidays!

And im not there for a long time im there for a good time!
snow conditions
Alas there was no foto of that event - plenty of the rest of the holiday though- had to have a week off school to recover! ( I was in sixth form )

IT WAS THE BEST HOLIDAY EVER

Cant wait to go back
snow conditions
From a purely professional stance, what would you take more notice of? Cause or effect?
ski holidays
im not the only one who has holiday madness- ive seen the groups of blokes- theyre 10times worse!!
ski holidays
Mark Hunter, professionally speaking, as a consultant, I'd take a look at the effect first of all, once I'd ascertained the level of effect, then I would study the cause in minute detail (Nade, I'm not saying you're minute), and that would lead me to draw up some possible solutions. If it meant I had to ride the chair with them in the future, to make sure I could protect the public from exposure by putting my body in the way, then that's what I'd have to do.
It is a tough job, but I think I'm up to the task.
snow report
Well you can be our token tough guy! however you will also need to
a) tuck us up in bed
b) Do the Burger King hangover food run
c) Provide piggy backs when required
d) Not whinge when we cry at the top of mogully blacks
e) join in with tequila body slammers

Its tough- i mean only 0.1% of applicants make it through- but thou shalt be richely rewarded NehNeh
snow conditions
hmmm, either nadenoodlee is a very elaborate troll, or I'm starting to be REALLY sorry I'm not in the same resort as her next week.

I'm going to have a look at that 'last minute deals' thread.

As for items a through e above, I think I can check them. Particularly for d, my claim to glory is that I actually skied down a mogully black carrying a young lady who found it too difficult (hm, I almost wrote 'too hard', then thought better of it). Ok, it was a mogully red. I still can't believe I didn't exploit that more effectively.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, I'm happy with b),c),d) & e), but I'm concerned about your spelling in a). I think you may have been one row too high, and one key to the left of the one you meant to use as the first letter.

But some questions:
How big a piggy bank?
Would it be OK if I cooked the burgers from real meat rather than using the manufactured stuff that you get from BK? (I'm sure you'll prefer my real meat to anything pre-packed)
latest report
Deeply offended at troll comment- will make mental note never to flash anyone nicknamed Cedric! NehNeh I have pics but id have to charge x

Yes i was clearly wrong with my inital spelling Wear The Fox Hat - accept my apologies

If theres no Burger King available then we accept Bacon Sandwiches- however I can live on Sherbert Dip Dabs for up to a week- im a lil trouper!

The piggy back question is a tricky one as I can never really tell how far i need to be carried- but you should be prepared to carry me at least a mile

and you have to cope with sleeping in the nude x
snow report
WTFH you can't read she said Piggy Back not Piggy Bank Laughing mind you I'm certain she wouldn't turn down your suggestion snowHead

I put myself foward as capable of a,b,c and d but I'll stick with the stuff I prefer whilst the girls indulge in e, also I'm inclined to agree with WTFH on b, I prefer to use real food not cardboard residue.

Oh and if necessary I can manage 2 c's at a time one on each shoulder Twisted Evil

Cedric I'm inclined to agree with your resort comment, come on Nadenoodlee how about a pic of yourself ?
snow conditions
I will if you will!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok obviously I missed somthing there posted at exactly the same time as Nadenoodlee

Furthest I've had to give a piggy back, was from The Hotel Caprice in Wengen to the Hotel Belvedere at the other end of the village about 8 mins, mind you I once gave a girl a piggy back up the cliffs near to my home !
ski holidays
Ok I think I could manage that I'll see what I can dig up Razz
ski holidays
Heh, I've never been good at chat-up lines, but I guess that 'are you a troll?' must rank as one of the worst even on my personal record. (Good thing that interaction improves exponentially once I am introduced by a kind soul).

Anyway, nade, I'll have you know that if you ever change your mind, I'll be prepared Toofy Grin http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic16263.jpg

And I'm sure rectifying the lack of photo evidence of your previous flashings will be deeply appreciated by a majority of this board's users.
snow conditions
Usually im quite good with walking though! And i did attempt to climb a snowy cliff (ok it was probably just a steep slope, but im a girl and i was wearing heels, thus it was a cliff) I made it half way up and had to be rescued.

I used to be a boarder- there I admitted it - i lasted two weeks and the pain was too much and i looked like id been pummelled by a rugby team (now theres a thought) So many bruises

How old are u lot anyway
latest report
Ahh I new that was going to come up, too old for you I suspect, 35 still being almost as far from Glasgow and still in the UK as possible I don't anticipate meeting up any time soon Laughing
snow conditions
Thats not old! come on wheres your spirit? I will be nurse nade and prescribe you all a week in Pas to rediscover your mispent youth

And another thing- im not scottish - i just live here
latest report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
and you have to cope with sleeping in the nude x

So, you're expecting me to sleep?

As for Cedric, I thought he was going to post a photo of me!
snow report
We all need a little sleep- i try to fit in a nap at around 6-9pm every night to recover and prepare!

Of course im not expecting you to sleep at night - but 7 night s on the run is quite an acheivement!! But if you think you can handle it then i'll give you something to keep you up Wink
snow report
Fox: you just need to ask! (there, see what a good friend will do for you?)

ski holidays
Crikey you lot do like your skiing- I couldnt wear a helmet-It would ruin my hair

Right im going to design my own web page and stuff

Any ideas? Content suggestions?
latest report
Depends on what the site is about.

As for my hair, it was ruined years ago, and I haven't seen it since.
snow conditions
Oh dear I seem to have run into stiff competition again, all I need now is for Alan to turn up, bound to happen sooner or later Evil or Very Mad anyway in the meantime here I am http://uk.geocities.com/david.orf@btinternet.com/Me.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy