Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes - Winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
paulmck wrote:
Llew,
You drop into it from the bottom of Serre Palas just before it divides

Ah! Thought it might have been - I saw it from the chair and recognised it from easyski's pic (didn't do it; we were there last week and it looked a bit hard packed and moguled for a middle-aged wimpy bird on a board). Had a really good time though and I will post a couple of pics this evening !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JanA, glad you had a good time. It wasn't hard packed at all! packed powder - lovely! The moguls can mostly be avoided with a bit of careful planning and thought!

Hot again today but with more cloud and then at the end of the day on the nursery slopes (ugh - ghastly snow) it looked as though the storm was coming in. It got a bit colder and very dark over to the SW .... but just before dark it looked as though it was clearing - bah! just allowed myself to get a bit hopeful. the local weather is for tomorrow to the cloudy and cold. I don't mind horrid weather if it's bringing snow, but if it's just amusing itself for no reason .... Twisted Evil

Pic taken from 3,400m this morning Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Paulmck,
I can see from the map where you described.

Less than 3 weeks to wait now. Very Happy

Cheers,
Llew
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IT'S SNOWING Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, you just made my day, pics please, will have to meet up for a beer next week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fragy, I'm in Wengen next week, so won't be able to - next time?

It was a very in and out day today. MUCH colder and with bits of snow off and on. In the morning there was about 2 cms of fresh on the nursery slopes and about 5cms at the top of Toura which was nice. With the little lad (7) we searched out quite a few 'freshies'! Very Happy I tried to take a photo of our tracks just off the Grand Creux but my batteries failed. Sad

Later in the afternoon it started snowing again and has kept it up for a while now. The flakes are very fine, but it's really cold and the wind is freshening. Hopefully it will keep up all night. I'll change the batteries in the camera tonight, and should have some better pix to compare with the last ones tomorrow.

Anyway, it's all a lot more hopeful. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brilliant news! have been watching with interest, am arriving on Friday for a week.

easiski, thankyou for the updates and excellent photo's, can't wait now - only 2 more days of work to go!

Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, That's better news! I'm hoping there's a fair bit more there and at ADH before I arrive at Easter. The forecast looks more promising. See you then Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is Right!!!!!

Cant wait now ... thought my jinx had struck again, buit looks like it may be 3rd time lucky for me.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
still snows?
snow report
 brian
brian
easiski, thanks for the news and thank goodness for that ! 5 cms being a lot better than 0 cms Very Happy

Hopefully see you in the next couple of days before you're off to Wengen. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here’s some pics from last week - possibly less relevant now that the snow appears to have finally arrived - but it shows that conditions can be good weeks after the last snowfall.

Jandri ( I think this was on Monday 25th ).

OH on Grand Couloir on Wednesday 27th Feb.

We decided to break the habits of many self-taught years; OH had a 2hr with Robin (ESS) and I had a 2hr with John (ESS). Money very well spent and really recommend it!

The middle grade/middle mountain runs seemed to keep good snow all day long. The glacier was great - so much space and lovely snow. For anyone who is wary of the dreaded T-bar, it is a very steady ride (even on a board) compared with some of the Scottish ones.

The easy run to the valley was closed; the black runs got very busy late afternoon with muppets who shouldn’t really have been there (guilty). Soon realised that the big Cretes chair followed by the Red Eggs was a safer and quieter route back to resort.
OH was getting out on the slopes before me in the mornings so that he could ski the lower blacks whilst they were still good. Went across to Pied Montet but it was horribly heavy at all levels by lunchtime.

Easyski pleeeeeese can you do me a big favour - if you happen to bump into Robin can you tell him - Jan (Aalborg Hotel last week) says sorry I didn’t catch up with him later in the week to thank him for all the advice about my board – and yes, despite my protestations (lots of it …patient man) I did decide later to go ‘quacky’ on the board and I’m about 80% convinced !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JanA, i have a lesson with Robin on Sunday and will pass the message on Little Angel
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very, very cold yesterday with a biting wind but no snow other than the odd flake! The pic is of the biggest of the Rachas couloirs and the specs are people! The snow looked very nice, but the pistes were getting scoured by the wind and everyone working was really miserable. Sad
latest report
Hurrah! I'm coming back out - 27 March to 3 April. Here's hoping for the traditional late March powder-fest! Any other snowHeads who fancy a trip or two over to La Grave that week, just let me know. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
fragy wrote:
JanA, i have a lesson with Robin on Sunday and will pass the message on Little Angel

Thanks Fragy.
snow report
paulmck, I shall be there 29th - 5th with my daugher in pollyperks apartment, also taking some lessons with easiski. Hopefully meet up then. Wouldn't mind a trip over never been before, have to seek Charlotte's guidance whether we're up to it.
snow conditions
Hi paulmck,

We are out skiing 23rd - 28th March and I have been looking for someone to tag along with.
My wife is pregnant therefore she doesn't want to do as much skiing as usual.
If you're up for a La Grave trip on 28th and conditions are ok then yes please.

Cheers,
Llew
snow report
paulmck, We'll be out the week after (5th April - 12th April) so will just miss you Sad
ski holidays
paulmck, great stuff Paul. Colin B, You'll be OK and your junior half will be ab fab! Llew, I'm sure Paul will go more than once - any excuse is good.

Lovely sunny day today. Still pretty cold, but felt a lot better than yesterday. The cannons were working as long as poss this morning as they're desparately trying to get rid of the ice. Shocked anyway I have a pic of this, but will post later as no time right now.

Snow on Cretes was hard but OK, Valentin looked not too good, nursery slopes varied from freshies under the cannons to slick water ice. Shocked Shocked found some freshies (exploring a hitherto unexplored galaxy) with the youngest of my week's team - much to his delight. Very Happy Very Happy He's only 5 and it was a big deal, but not as big as being C3PO who is R2D2s best friend!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Valentin was in fact one long flat sheet of ice, much to my amusement when I came down it at 13:00. And I'm told the Diable was a big lumpy sheet of ice at about the same time. I believe they closed both later in the afternoon.
snow conditions
paulmck, After easiski's comment just thought, when are you actually arriving in LDA and therefore when are you first out on the snow Puzzled
We are stopping in Carboug near the bottom of Diable. If your up for any skiing 27th also then all the better. Very Happy
ski holidays
Lizzard, It was open at 5pm, but with a narrow entry and a pisteur warning peeps. We had fun going down in the Belle Etoile chair watching how much sideways movement everyone was making!

sorry guys - will try to download pic tomorrow morning. Very tired and lots to do. Sad
latest report
Llew, Arriving on the Easyjet at about 1610, so will sweep triumphantly into LDA about 1900, all being well on the bus front. First day will be 28th, Friday I'm afraid. You and Colin B are most welcome to join us at LG - it'll be a laugh...
ski holidays
paulmck, Sounds good. I'm in Alpe D'Huez the previous week and driving over on 29th, won't ski that day though (12 days out of 13 is plenty!). Will probably make the Lutins bar for an apres non-ski drink though that day if anyone else is there.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B, I don't believe it...missed you again Sad We are out 22nd to 29th.Missed out on pollyperks place this time Sad so we are at the other end of town...somewhere by the Belle Etoile Confused
Have a great week...maybe meet you next year...finally Laughing
snow conditions
cannons in the morning yesterday
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowskisnow, Yes perhaps next year, although we're only over the valley in ADH the week you are there. I shall miss the "essentials" left in the fridge wink The cold beer went down wonderfully when we arrived after midnight last year.
ski holidays
snowskisnow, just Intrigued by your location; the only thing I could think is Newcastle Brown Puzzled

Am I correct Puzzled

Cheers,
Llew
ski holidays
It wasn't bad today. Cloudy all day, but with good viz and just occasional flat light. I was up to toura via the Super Diable chair and the Bellecombe which had super snow. Grand Creux was great, but toura itself was a bit harder. Not icy but not quite the same quality snow. Gours was very nice indeed, but the snow on the Cretes had suffered from the wind and was extremely hard for the most part. Later I took my beginners round the goulet du Grand Nord which was soft, and I returned via the Valentin which was hard but OK at around 15.00. there were some glassy patches though and I lost my ski twice on the way down. Not too many peeps on it at that time so it was fine.

I'm afraid with all the stuff going on getting ready to go to Wengen I didn't take a photo today, so I'm sorry about that. I will try to ask Lizzard to do reports next week, but may forget! If you're reading this C please if you can!

see you all in a week. Very Happy
snow conditions
Have a great time Easiski
snow report
just one more day to wait Very Happy
snow report
do i need a photo for the new ski pass Puzzled
snow report
Fragy, Hi - new passes don't have pics. Proximity thingys so you can leave in your pocket. I am going over on Sunday and really chuffed after seeing the latest snow report. Very Happy Want to meet for a pint? Lutins perhaps? PM me. Keith
ski holidays
Llew wrote:
Am I correct Puzzled

Nope wink Dark Dog...a Guarana energy drink(think Red Bull with flavour)Only ever seen it in France,though it must be widely available?My favourite alpine tipple.Keep a empty can on my desk to remind me of better times in much better places.Cracking logo......think Rabid Dog Shocked
latest report
Pollyperks wrote:

Proximity thingys so you can leave in your pocket.

They'll tell you that you have to put the pass in your jacket pocket or the scanner won't 'see' it (not convenient if it's jackets off weather as it was a couple of days last week).
Unless you are 3 foot tall, putting the pass in a trouser pocket works fine.
snow conditions
Pollyperks, thanks for that, was out in December for a few days and never needed a picture but was unsure about one for a full week. will pm you, always like a couple of beers when i get off the slopes Very Happy
latest report
fragy, If you had to have a photo then you can recharge your liftpass. You don't need a new one. R32 knows all about it. Suggest you PM them.
snow conditions
Thanks easiski, hope you have a good week away, will try and catch you in the summer, out for the mountain of hell Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy