Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes - Winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Nothing real to report today except that the snow cannons have been working and there are tiddly patches of snow on some of the nursery slopes. Almost all of them were working yesterday when I went out (but it was cold), but I was too early today and it was still too warm. Still - a step in the right direction, and if you look on the village webcam early in the morning you might just see some in action. Very Happy

Re: comments on the PSB thread I assume the improved lower levels in the last 3 years is due to the cannons ..... It's odd though because there was lots of high snow in 2002/3 winter (I remember it as a good one), and that was the summer that did for the glacier skiing (in the sense of getting right down to the glacier itself) ... OTOH Cathy told me she can remember 2 summers in the 1970s when the whole glacier was black! Shocked Just goes to show it's all nonsense. rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, Been waiting for you to start this thread Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Thank you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, THE thread has started - winter must be coming snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always a good sign easiski,
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
R32, Me too, Me too!! Only 4 and a bit weeks to go so hope the snowgods get their act together soon.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Look what I saw when I woke up this morning. Cars as seen out of my bedroom window; trees directly in front of the balcony and view to the right of the balcony. Not much more snow up the hill that I could see, but a step in the right direction. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, It's beautiful. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, Very Happy Cool .

Annie, Only 42 days 'til we get there Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's continued to snow fairly gently all day, very, very cold and a bit windy. However all cannons were working when I went up to the town (even the high pressure ones), so they're making hay as they say. Will try to take more photos tomorrow. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Early this morning I could see accross the valley and although the snow was not thick anywhere it was low down. A lot has melted during the day, but the nursery slopes where the cannons have been on are holding up well. They're not skiable yet, but it looks like staying cold for a good few days and more snow is forecast for Weds next week. It clouded over this afternoon, so it might even drop a little more tonight.

I also saw these birds flocking against the cloud, and thought it looked so spectacular that I had to photograph it.
Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello first post on here, only 20 days to go till i get out there cant wait Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welcome to snowHead fragy, 'tis a great place to ski is Les Deux Alpes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fragy, welcome to snowHead and have fun in L2A.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fragy, Welcome to snowheads. Are you anything to do with Grimsby Ranger by any chance???? Very Happy
ski holidays
no nothing to do with Grimsby Rangers, i see you live in LDA do you know Tory or Andy the builder who live out there ?
ski holidays
fragy, Yes - both! Grimsby Ranger is a snowhead who's coming out for the first 3 days of the season. Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski, wonder who grimsby ranger is ? coming out for the first 3 days of the season with 3 people i have not met before, would be funny hey. Tory and Andy have helped me a lot with my place since i got it last winter, Andy just doing me some tiling at the moment Very Happy cant wait to get out there.
snow report
Grimsby Ranger, are you one of Des's mates?
snow report
fragy, welcome to Snowheads! Grimsby Ranger is out in Italy at the moment, he lives across the road from me in Laceby and we will be in LDA for 3 days from the 1st, having some lessons with Easiski! Coincidence eh!
snow conditions
Hey, how you doing Steve, i live in Scartho, there are 5 of us going out on Friday the 30th flying from Stansted and coming back on the Tuesday so 3 full days on the slopes. Where you staying? i normally drink in Bar Wyndsor and have the odd trip down to the Red frog. Hoping for some good snow, looking good for it at the moment Very Happy
snow report
fragy, thinking of staying at the Lutins but havent booked anything yet. We never been to LDA before so not sure where the good bars are! Going back again in April for a full week with all the families so 2 visits this season!

The studio looks nice, were you a regular visitor to LDA prior to buying it?
snow conditions
SteveKirby, a proper town bar frequented by locals and SH's alike would just happen to be....... the Lutins Very Happy
Polar Bear bar is worth a look as well, it's easy to find just down the road from the Lutins on the way to the town square.
ski holidays
Steve, only went to LDA to mtb before buying over there, looked at Morzine and Les Gets but the prices where a lot higher for a place on the outskirts of town. Managed to find this place while doing the freeraid classic last June right in the centre of the resort for half the price. Only skied in Italy before getting this place so found the runs graded a little different but really have enjoyed it both times we have skied there since. If you haven't been before just check the prices of beer in the different bars as they can vary a lot. if you are after a place to stay maybe check out www.sasles2alpes.com they are all looked after by the same girl who is the key holder for my place, she really does provide a good service(not just saying that) it is the feedback i have had from guests from this summer. stay in touch from now till you go, sure we can meet up for a beer or a run on the slopes, more the merrier i say.
snow report
easiski, yum yum. Keep the snow dripping til our trip, please. snowHead
latest report
fragy, SteveKirby, I suggest we meet up on Sunday evening apres ski. We could go to the Lutins as it's so central.

fragy, Nice wensite, what building are you in? I don't regonise the shape style of the studio. Tory is going from strength to strength. My Friends Fran and Mike who some snowheads met at the PSB have just switched to her and are already much happier.

snowheads with apartments in LDA are now (to my knowledge, off the top of my head): R32, Fragy, Paul McK, Pollyperks, Aztec. Very Happy

Another dusting last night. I'll post a photo later as I'm waiting for a guy to come and help me with the recalcitrant doorway. Very Happy
ski holidays
Looking up the mountain from the side of my place this morning and light on the birch (my only one now) just outside the garden
latest report
easiski, fragy, Sounds good, I'll tell Grimsby Ranger when he gets back!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, if you know of anyone wanting a season let, small studio, very central, drop me a pm! Free from 28th dec!

Thanks! Very Happy
snow report
I have bookmarked this page of webcams.
snow conditions
Just to prove that I don't hae to make the effort to go out with my camera and bother to take photos, here's a pic from the webcam today showing that the Valentin is coming along nicely - see - I told you that yesterday.
snow conditions
Sorry - it's a bit small and doesn't really work - just go to achilles, link instead. rolling eyes
latest report
All shaping-up nicely. Just the sort of gentle build-up of freeze-thaw-freeze we need for a nice solid base to developover the next few weeks. Last year I trashed my skis (again) hacking down a baseless Valentin because I couldn't bear to come down in the lift. Not learning from my mistakes, I intend to do the same this year... See you all circa 17th December. Hurrah!
latest report
easiski, I love this thread, even though I've never been to L2A (one day!) and your proper photos - the trees and birds are just fantastic. Webcam OK, but not a patch on your shots.
snow conditions
Hurtle, Yeah - I'm just put out! Last year I had a certain M. Or disbelieving my photos, and now we're swamped with threads discussing rubbish! There were an aweful lot of views of the thread last year, but it's starting all over again isn't it? For me to go from here to photograph the Valentin or the nursery slopes means that I have to remember (not easy), have to take my camera, have to drive to the other end of the village ...... I generally do it but really!!!!
ski holidays
easiski, keep up the good work,im not going to les 2 alpes but i check the thread everyday to check out your pics and very helpful info for the lucky ones planning there holidays,i followed the thread last year and will continue to do so this year,hope you have a great season.
snow conditions
easiski, I'm really hacked off ! Why oh why would you only take one of the birches? Shocked wink

Dont worry about the nay-sayers and hy-poth-(bell)i-cists . I suspect your credentials totally surpass that nonsense ... shame is we need a few more like you and Stab.

That Euan-the-Sailor? He'll have loads of time on his hands this year ? snowHead
ski holidays
As others have mentioned can I add my thanks easiski, for the thread and updates. Hi fragy, looking forward to a beer and a ski with you all. Here's hoping for a bit more of the glorious white stuff before the 1st snowHead . We're also going from Stansted to Grenoble, I'll keep in touch. Don't know Des, sorry, but hopefully will get to meet everyone when we're over.
ski holidays
Six cm in Bourg d'Oisans this morning - Mr L had to clear it all of the car. Shocked
snow report
easiski,

Can see why you bought the place, ...:lol Laughing

Best wishes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy