Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes - Winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Agenterre, No - that's the only Silver Birch - not my only pic! I'm missing my lovely stand .... I know the views are stunning here, but I loved those birches.

Here's this morning's photo - some serious snow. I hope that the last couple of weeks has sufficiently frozen the ground. There is some warmer weather forecast for the end of next week, so it will probably melt down here, but should hang on higher up. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

There is some warmer weather forecast

Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, Yes, I was accusing you of only moving one of the birches wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Webcams looking good today !!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agenterre, aah!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Woke up this morning to at least 30cm of snow, and it has been snowing steadily all day. We're going to need ski pants just to take the dog for a walk this afternoon on the foot of the pistes. If this keeps up, our guests arriving in December will be very happy. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scubaski, Didn't know you were back! I'll give you a bell. You'll have to pop down and see my new place.

It's been snowing all day, and I've just spent an hour clearing snow from around the easimobiles and putting chains on Scorpy. The E team van will have to wait until tomorrow, by which time there'll be at least another foot of snow all over if it keeps going like this. Very Happy Sad Very Happy Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scubaski,
you should put the photo of Pups that you sent us onto this forum - it's a great photo & it'll cheer everyone to see all that snow snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scubaski, huh! didn't know you had joined snowheads - welcome aboard! snowHead

From a former scubaski visitor - great place - but I'm at the Lutins next season, well it's right on top of the bar Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SteveKirby, Grimsby Ranger, easiski, sorry not to post earlier, been working in Manchester all week, the new chill factor place was good, went on Tuesday. Sounds like a plan meeting up for a few beers on the Sunday Very Happy will leave the time up to you easiski as i'm sure we are all free as soon as the lifts stop, my place is in La Croisette above the bank in front of the swimming pool. Spoke to Andy on Wednesday, says he has just finished grouting the tiles in the bathroom and will be sending me the pics of the finished place this weekend. More to the point i think he wanted to tell me about all the snow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cant wait till the 1st.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fragy, nice website - you will be delighted with the quality of Andy's work. Have a look at my website for some examples. Lovely to see so much snow at the moment - hopefully a bit of freeze-thaw next week will help to consolidate a nice base for December.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
paulmck, your site looks very informative, not such a strong point of mine( a bit better at putting roofs on) Andy did quite a lot of work for us in the spring which was all top notch
cant wait to get back out there, only problem then is i cant stay out there. Are you going out for the start of the season?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fragy, not quite - coming out 17-23 Dec then again 1-10 Jan. PM me if you're around then and we'll have a beer.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulmck wrote:
fragy, not quite - coming out 17-23 Dec then again 1-10 Jan. PM me if you're around then and we'll have a beer.

not sure i could get the pass stamped again so soon for that one rolling eyes if you know what i mean wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
blizt, great idea about the photo, but being a bit new to this can't seem to find how to do it. Puzzled If we can,t work it out, maybe we'll have to put the latest pictures of Pups in the snow on our web site www.scuba-ski.com as sometimes they can be quite funny as well as showing the snow.
ski holidays
achilles, Let us know when you are out in Les Deux Alpes and perhaps we can meet up for a beer.
ski holidays
easiski, we have been back for about 5 weeks now. Don't know where the time has gone. Great about your apartment and we must catch up before the season starts and we all get too busy with work during the season. Brilliant start to the season with the snow, and although minus 12 degrees at 9 am. is keeping the snow here, walkng the dog is bit nippy for November, but no complaints.
snow report
scubaski, hope to do that - I'm with a party coming through back end of January for a week.
snow report
Any news - is there white stuff in abundance - when is the resort open Puzzled
ski holidays
simonmj66, the snow has lasted even on the bottom slopes, but it is a bit warmer today and so melting a bit. We have heard there is more snow due tomorrow and the sky has clouded over. Everyone keep your fingers crossed and doing the snow dance. The resort opens on 1st Dec.
ski holidays
Heavy, heavy wind and rain all night. Lots of snow gone this morning, but colder weather coming and it's all good. The snow melting into the ground is good for the freezing of the ground and will help to form a good base.
ski holidays
easiski, i've been wondering what was happening in 2 alpes.

If you get our storm expect lots and lots of snow real soon! we had hte rain last night and the wind but it has been snowing solidly since 9am and is really rather heavy!
wont it be typical that this will be a bumper year now i have a job with the ramontee mechanique!
snow conditions
scubaski, Dancing like my life depends on it - 3 weeks today and we'll be on those slopes! See you soon easiski, can't wait!
latest report
snowangel., Aah - what are you doing for them.

I just got fed up with being slagged off for making a huge effort to help eveyone. Don't expect any photos until the season starts folks.
ski holidays
easiski,
Well, I was very appreciative. I'll be seeing you 4 weeks yesterday! On countdown - can't wait either!
ski holidays
I was appreciative too although I'm more of a lurker. Three and a half weeks to go Laughing
snow report
And me easiski, need to build the excitement ready for the 1st snowHead so the pics etc. are sorely missed Sad
latest report
easiski, ticket sales for christmas period and feb, very chuffed with it as i've never met any english people working for them! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, where is the snow line currently??
Do you think there are much snow in the higher parts of the domaine???
snow report
easiski, Dont stop posting pics and info, please. We DO appreciate 1st hand reports.
snow conditions
Quote:

We DO appreciate 1st hand reports

We certainly do. Won't be out there until February, but I check this thread daily. easiski, please don't stop the pics/updates.
snow report
That's all very well folks, and I appreciate the sentiments, but (although I didn't read it all), some of the stuff on the 'other' thread was really nasty. ~Also this summer there have been really nasty comments about my efforts to publicise the resort (being as the tourist office and the lift company don't do a very good job). This has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. some people do a lot of this sort of internet stuff. I just belong to Snowheads (although I answer questions about LDa on Trip Advisor and take the occasional look at MSS), and it's beginning to feel not like the nice, friendly club it used to be. I take it all very seriously and very personally. I noticed no moderators doing anything about me being insulted. If I insult someone I get a phone call from Admin!

Last year we had a lot of very destructive discussion about snow (or lack of) and it looked as though it was starting again.

metalhead132, About 2,000m currently. I think there's shedloads of the stuff above the middle. All this rain down here is deffo snow up there. Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski, Do you read any slurs on L2A as a personal insult?, because you should't. I have rarely come accross a place that divides opinion to such an extent as does L2A, I have friends who hate the place and friends who love it and have ALL the T shirts..

IMHO this forum is very pro L2A, be thankful you don't teach in La Rosiere!! - I suspect you would have spontaneously combusted by now if you did Laughing
snow conditions
easiski, I agree with what you say entirely, unfortunately it seems that this is the way of forums and as they get bigger the 'village' personal atmoshere/quality slips away slightly in to a 'bigger town' feel, I for one just try to ignore silly snipes (well, maybe not) but I can see how close to your heart L2A and your skiing is, and that you must feel the daily effort you put in is not appreciated. I do look forward to seeing your snow pictures, so even if you do not post loads in the next few weeks I will be looking forward to your 'real time' posts when the resort is open and everyone is sliding around on the white stuff. Very Happy
snow conditions
Wot Frosty said. Very Happy We are pro L2A. I nearly came there this year but will be in ADH. I want to get a lesson in with you sometime so L2A is on the hit list of resorts.
snow conditions
Michael B, if you have a week's pass for ADH you get a free day in LDA - wait for a nice day and go across by helicpoter.
ski holidays
Quote:

go across by helicpoter

Shocked

how much?
ski holidays
Michael B, I did the heli trip in reverse this year, LDA to ADH ... well worth the money (about £45-60).. the views were awesome & it was like being famous everyone watching you as you got out Laughing

easiski, keep up the good work, I love LDA & always recommend it & I look forwards to your reports & pictures.
Nearly came again for this New Year but we have been blown out but friends Sad

Just ignore the idiots, most have probably have never even been to LDA & more likely they don't have any 'real live friends' hence the reason they're so antagognistic & rude wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I think that was the problem. I was successful and that apparently caused resentment to the point where a good few people (posing as newbies) felt it necessary to hi-jack my apartment thread and insult both me and the resort. It's my HOME. Of course I take insults personally. I take everything personally. I've never learnt how not to! I don't suppose I'm going to now. Bearing in mind that I could still lose both apartments, (I won't be safe for about a month after the actual sale) and at that point I hadn't sold the Waala, this was major distressing for me.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 22-11-07 18:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
easiski, Ah didn't see that in your apartment thread Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy