Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes - Winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Annie, Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still snowing - apparently loads up top! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, Just looked at the 2alpes forecast......Ouch! Could you nip outside and turn the thermostat up a bit please!!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowflakes in the light
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Charlotte, could you PM me your mobile number, so I can call you when we arrive a week on Sat (YES THAT'S 12 DAYS PEOPLE!) to arrange Sunday's lesson for my beginners Smile Looking like there's more snow than this time last year, which is a bonus - are the runs back into town open now, had to Gondola down from Le Cretes every day last year, so would be nice to ski down after a day on the hill - am I right in thinking there's only Green and Black runs back into town from 2100m ??? Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
williams691, think you will find there are some reds into the resort at the far end so where you are staying may be a factor of which runs you use. Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Staying at the Meije Hotel, think it's in the middle of town Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
williams691, sorry the runs i thought i knew turn into blacks before they enter the resort, not sure how steep they are. if this link works i hope it helps.
http://www.les2alpes.com/en/hiver/ski-and-snowboard/pistes-map.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers for that, yep that's why it's described as an upside down resort I think, becasue the blacks are at the bottom, and Blues at the top on the Glacier, oh well as long as there's snow on them it beats taking the Gondola down, not sue my girlfriend will agree but after a couple of hours with Charlotte I'm sure she'll be fine lol Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
4 more sleeps !! yipeeeeeeeeee

Conditions are looking perfect, but a little on the chilli side

Cant wait, and i thought it woud be the kids who were excited.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
williams691, My phone number is on the bottom of all my emails, and also on every page of the website! Shocked Laughing

Only 1 green (horrid very narrow path) and black runs (mostly unpisted) down to town. All runs skiable, but how soon they open the Pied Moutet and the Fee will depend largely on skier numbers I suspect. They can't open either of the lifts up from the Combe de Tuit until they open the Gours (goes round the Fee). One of the problerms with this is that Chalance is then accessible .. this would be very dangerous in poor snow cover and there's always some idiot who doesn't think common sense applies to them in the search for fresh tracks. rolling eyes If they piste it (not guaranteed) then the Vallons right down the Venosc end is a red and then a traverse back across to the centre of town. Unfortunately the ESF have managed to put their stade de slalom right across the traverse, so you can't keep the same sort of speed up as you used to.

Anyway, any line you like can be skied over the whole face! Very Happy

the snow has stopped (thank goodness - no back left), but it's not exactly clear and sunny - sort of looks like it will snow again later today a bit, but then cheering up. Temps are down considerably, and are likely to stay cold for a while (note to self: get boot heaters out).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roger that, got your number Smile

Was doing my usual "Man Looking" and overlooking your phone number....

See you in 11 days snowHead Very Happy snowHead Very Happy snowHead Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What is the temperature out there at the moment? Is there a site you are looking at for that info?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well Charlotte is actually there in L2A on the hill, but comprehensive info can be found at http://www.snow-forecast.com/countries Smile
snow report
-10 ish at 2100m I believe ........ (Tuesday Morning)
snow report
Thanks. I am watching with interest as I am heading out in 3 weeks. Usually ski in late Feb early March. Quite a bit colder at the moment than I am used to and no doubt will be colder early Jan. Think I am in for a bit of a shock Smile
ski holidays
Dry cold though, much less humidity than here. Doesn't feel "as" cold as -10 should do. Or am I kidding myself. I remember the inch of ice between my face and mask last time I was up the glacier at LDA, the meteo readout up there said -22 Shocked
snow report
the main square and Lutins slope with the face behind. No shortage of the stuff and it's snowing againScorpy's battery was flat and I did manage to get the van out today, but it wasn't the best fun in the world (very steep hill with corner from my house). Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
How cold is cold ???

Daft question i know but we are all bought and packed for our trip this weekend.

Looking at the forecast for the next 7 days it looks perfect, but very very cold.

we have the usual good quality gloves, layers etc. are there any tips for keeping me and the kids warm on the top esp up by the glacier , esp round the face and hands areas

Cheers
snow report
Big Rich, hot chocolate !
snow report
Big Rich, I'd go for neoprene face mask (about £5 off ebay if you have time) worked a treat for me in -25 with a 40k headwind on Exercise in the Falkland Islands last year! Silk liner gloves (£5 again), good thick ski socks and no cotton base layers stick to polyester mix or dryfit material..... I found that at L2A last year the worst cold is felt when you're stationary on a chair facing the onslaught of the wind/snow with nowhere to go, so wrap the kids up before they go on any chair lifts that take a while to reach the top, also on the glacier if you keep skiing your body doesn't suffer too much from the cold, it's just your exposed face/skin that hurts, so good hat to cover ears and balaclava or face mask and of course goggles, my apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here Smile Have fun mate, only a few days behind you ......
snow conditions
Hot Chocolate.............With green chartreuse.................................
ski holidays
Big Rich, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THERMAL-FACE-MASK-with-Neoprene-Biker-Mountaineer-NEW_W0QQitemZ370004145732QQihZ024QQcategoryZ14788QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem you can pick these up for cheaper from most motorbike shops Cool
latest report
Hi Charlotte, we are at home finally

powder days in Deux Alpes. hihi, nice snow, knee deep,....or more....

I'm uploading some videos and pics Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool I will post in few moments.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 12-12-07 0:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report

http://es.youtube.com/v/pPooKLxmdNE
http://es.youtube.com/v/pWlaAB3DuIg
snow report
metalhead132, wow! Makes me so excited for Jan 5th!
ski holidays
metalhead132, I'm having trouble sleeping as I'm so excited, and now this................. I won't sleep for the next 11 nights!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Great pictures.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lots of snow Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing enjoy it
ski holidays
metalhead132, We will
latest report
Lots of snow at L2A this past week, We managed to do 6 days of skiing under sun, under wind, under snow storm....... The resume is AMAZING...... All week snowing with some windows like thursday, saturday and yesterday. preety snow, very deep (knee deep and in some places more, for example, in vallons and in the Y you can feel the snow in the waist)....

We did all face descents: belle etoile, sapins, under jandri's, the Y, diable, vallons......bufff..... one's of best powder weeks ever!! Lots of snow also in thuit, fee and pied moutet. When they're ready to open it, can be crazy land to catch all the powder there.

The glacier area closed from saturday, if today is open the echine will be crazy full of snow.... Shocked Shocked Shocked

With all this snow surely it'is worth to do another trip there soon...... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
metalhead132, AlTom, Nice to see you again, and glad you got home OK. Here's a pic of the Diable this morning. Jutta told me that Y on Monday was so deep that you couldn't breathe while making a turn! 'Over the head face shot'!
ski holidays
easiski, the Y descent by AlTom:

http://es.youtube.com/v/D9kmldErw7o
ski holidays
metalhead132, Cool Cool Cool
latest report
metalhead132, great pics and video. Thanks for sharing.
snow report
In the video you can see......waist deep!!!...BUT all done with 92mm underfoot, with "normal" skis the people were submarines.......... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I never skied in the Y before (due to conditions of early season), it's really pretty steep, you can see literally the town under your feet rolling eyes rolling eyes

Of course, easiski, nice to meet you again. Always a pleasure to talk with you...

Now, I'm in the office in Barcelona, next to the "Sagrada Familia" thinking WHEN will be next time in the Alps......

PD. finally we have a little amount of natural snow in the pyrenees....
snow report
Everyone, what's 'The Y', I don't remember it from my 2002 visit.
snow report
 brian
brian
tommy10pages, one of the runs on the face above the village. The letter Y is referred to in French as "Greek I", so you might have heard it (phonetically) called "ee grek".
latest report
With apologies to Easiski, I've attached a copy of her annotated photo from 06/07 forum which shows Le Y and the other straight forward wink routes back to the villiage!!
latest report
Its shrunk in the wash!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy