Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2007-2008

Poster: A snowHead
Christopher, we have had a days skiing on the glacier at LDA, worth it for that, but it needs a 7am start.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there was slight coating this morning at 7, but now its snowing heavily again adn the trees ae getting laden with lots of snow.
so glad we claered the drive last night rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just cleared a foot off the drive, i think i'm gonna have to go up later, not sure my aching body can cope Puzzled not liking this getting old rubbish!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
how old are you snowangel?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, will be 41 in less than a month! But today i feel about 80!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
shoogly, now now, you should never ask a lady her age! wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i know... but it "this getting old rubbish" kind of tempted me to break the rules Very Happy

the snow looks amazing out there and i just can't wait.

thankfully the rain that metcheck had forecast for the next couple of days has disappeared from the forecast.

snowangel and helen... how many days out of our 7 would you say we'd need to get a good feel of serre chevalier? we'll be getting 7 whole days skiing and will be based in claviere but will have transport to drive to serre chevalier whenever we feel like it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont, dont look or normally act my age so not bothered! however the older i get the more i ache after extreme amounts of excersise! and yesterday what with the day we had and the drive clearing i'm totally bushed! Gonna be suuny tomorrow so definately going up, have very nice guests who want to be shown around Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowangel., in 5y ears time it wil be 5 times worse Embarassed Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowangel., In 15 years time you won't be able to shovel nearly so much snow in one go. rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shoogly, if you're an accomplised skier, you'll get to see quite a lot in 2 days here.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
what pistes/areas would you suggest for someone who was just coming over 2 days?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
a friend yesterday managed to do the whole lot, inc the montagnol in one day.

so in two you can do the lot twice Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel. wrote:
a friend yesterday managed to do the whole lot, inc the montagnol in one day.

so in two you can do the lot twice Very Happy

260km of piste in one day hero Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
his thighs must have been burning after that.
ski holidays
dan100, when i say the whole lot i mean all the decent offpiste faces that we all rush off to do on a pow day. He wont have touched piste apart from to get to the next off piste!
snow report
snowangel. wrote:
dan100, when i say the whole lot i mean all the decent offpiste faces that we all rush off to do on a pow day. He wont have touched piste apart from to get to the next off piste!

Suspect either way he was motoring. Looking forward to checking out serre che in 7 weeks. By that time I'm expecting 2 metres of snow in the villages. Enjoying yours and chris' reports.

As for aches and pains, I have sympathy. I get them at 38
snow report
We're arriving tomorrow. Looks like we couldn't have prayed for a better week!
ski holidays
btw could anyone recommend a good bar in Chantemerle for a few pints tomorrow night?
latest report
Thongy, they closed the best one IMHO and redeveloped it - the "legendary" Le Yeti Crying or Very sad The bar at the foot of the Luc Alphand piste is OK and there used to be an Irish Bar in the centre that was OK. I think the Plein Sud hotel has a reasonable bar also.

Others will no doubt know better.
latest report
Thongy, Extreme bar is awesome this year, very good dj and this weekend is party weekend. The dj's birthday tomorrow night, then sunday is our anual beauty pagent, Miss Chantemerle, Definately worth checking out.

Also there is la Bistrot the irish bar, or now there is the saloon at the bottom too.

Conditions are still wonderful, still fresh to be found, hardly anyone on piste. Totally loving it Very Happy
ski holidays
Extreme bar it is then. What's the beer prices like. Just got some euros and was told that the exchange rate is abysmal!
snow report
Thongy, yeh its not a good exchange rate. Beer is generally 5.50ish a pint

By the way the beauty pagent, its a cross dressing one! Biggest laugh ever! Been going 15 years now i think. My hubby won 2 years ago Very Happy its a great laugh!
snow report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=828393#828393

Discussion on ski schools etc moved to trips forum
latest report
about 2cm of snow this morning. its been a gorgeous week here, i haven't got up the hill as i've been nursing a sick child Crying or Very sad not looking posative to get up there today either, real life sucks Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
snowangel., real life does indeed suck...
latest report
A very quick post - far too busy at work. chris, thank you so much from John and me for a wonderful day last Friday. It was great to ski somewhere we didn't know at all with someone who knows it so well, including the off piste bits and the lovely snow in the trees.

And even though we missed the fresh powder by a day, the snow was still amazing, the sun shone, and we loved Serre Che. We managed two and a half hours yesterday morning skiing the blacks in Monetier and some off piste before changing in the car park in Monetier and driving back to Turin. We'll definitely be back. snowHead
ski holidays
RachelQ, really pleased you both liked it here and enjoyed your visit. Next trip, give yourselves a little extra time. There is a lot more too see yet. Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RachelQ, glad you enjoyed it!!
snow report
chris, We'll be there beginning of March- fancy getting together
snow conditions
Back last night from a long w/e in Serre Che. Without doubt, the best snow I have ever seen there. I rode pistes, that I'd never seen open before, and it was sunny every day Very Happy
snow conditions
JulesB, look forwards to it.
snow report
I too just got back from serre che on sunday.
What a week!!!! We had the best snow I have ever ridden in!!!!! -Both on and off piste was amazing!!!!
I can highy reccomend Chalet Pyrene to all those thinking of going there,.. Great accomodation, location, great hosts, and great food!!!
Apres bars in the old part of the village were great to unwind in, especially Mojo, whereas La Grotte was deffo the place to go for louder & livellier times!!
I will be back!! Cool
ski holidays
RachelQ, ssnowman, glad you both have had such a good weekend!
latest report
boardstupid, glad you had a good time too. Did you see me play bass on thurs at the grotte?
snow report
anyone any idea of the forecasts leading into Feb?
snow report
boardstupid, ssnowman, RachelQ, -v. jealous now!
snow conditions
Been following this thread for a whille now ... We'll be in Serre Che from late Thursday night, through to Monday. Looks like there's been a a few cm in the last few hours and more forcast for tonight. As beginners I imagine there's plenty of the white stuff for us to learn on? We're hoping to get good on blues and hit an easy red or two by Monday.

Cheers -- A.
latest report
JulesB wrote:
chris, We'll be there beginning of March- fancy getting together

chris
Quote:
JulesB, look forwards to it.

Watch out for the Didier Cuche style ski flicking that JulesB has been threatening over in Apres wink
snow conditions
Marcus, we shall all be wearing helmets just in case I think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy