Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Injury at Aple D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
awful patientline keyboard by hospital bed, so have yet to reply to most pms, or chat more here. op due tomorrow.

will write more 2morrow. meantime please put up with me lurking around the forum but not chatting.

snowheads will help keep me sane snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nick, sorry about the accident, and very best of luck for the op tomorrow. What a shame, was so looking forward to meeting and skiing with you at the EOSB Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick Zotov, Wishing you all the very best for your op tomorrow Very Happy

I always thank my lucky stars when I return from my skiing trips un-injured - some of our regular sH's are having such bad luck Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nick Zotov, Good luck for your op tomorrow, thinking positive for you snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick, I'm sure the op is the right thing. Best of luck. I came through 'good as new' - well, after a few weeks in plaster.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 2-04-06 20:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good luck tomorrow . . . soooon the drugs will make you feel muuuch better Twisted Evil It took me a couple of days to work it out but you can shower with your cast knee on a stool and the shower curtain draped over the back of you knee (cast outside). Get a big bathmat if you don't have one and one of those rubber anti-slip shower tray mats ... and ... ahem ... be careful when getting up from a dump, it's dead easy to forget and put weight on your forefoot . Skullie
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good luck Nick
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick Zotov, Good Luck with the operation ...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque, too much information wink Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good luck Nick.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick Zotov, when you'r feeling OK why not post experiences re evacuation/ambulance/insurance??
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hedley, you don't want to know about the after effects of a general anesthetic, hospital food and lying/sitting on your butt for a week or 12 Confused Twisted Evil If he's cute I'm sure a nurse will be along to assist . . . the only comment I got was "try giving birth" and "don't make so much fuss, you're disturbing the visitors".
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque, My wife tried the old you should try giving birth one ,after I wimped out and opted for a general anesthetic rather than a local whilst undergoing 'the snip' last week.She probably had a point though.Its just one of those male things Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick Zotov, Hope everything goes well today, take everything they offer you snowHead Pills, injections even the NHS tea has improved in recent times Laughing

If you had given us more notice we could have put the snowHead medical team together Laughing we gotta a gasman around somewhere (Typical he gone skiing rolling eyes ) I can do the mopping of your brow bit and we must have a bonecrusher around here somewhere Shocked (oops, sorry orthopedic surgeon) Krammer where are you wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Linds, Krammer's an orthopod?
snow conditions
Masque, I think Kramer's a GP, possibly Slikedges used to be an orthopod, not now though Very Happy
snow report
snowbunny, Think he did a stint on Ortho, between Kramer and Silkedges they could manage wink Laughing
ski holidays
Linds, Just so long as they agree on tactics Shocked
snow report
And which leg
latest report
hedley wrote:
Masque, My wife tried the old you should try giving birth one ,after I wimped out and opted for a general anesthetic rather than a local whilst undergoing 'the snip' last week.She probably had a point though.Its just one of those male things Smile
poof wink

Nick Zotov All the very very best for today
latest report
Nick Zotov, I hope that your operation goes well, sorry that you won't make it to the EOSB.
latest report
Masque, Linds, snowbunny, I've done about three years working in orthopaedics total, but not for three years now. I still keep a vague interest in it though.
snow report
pot off yesterday. saw the surgeon last nght. nil by mouth from 3am. until i was told mid morning to take some tablets - and so discovered i was off nil-by- mouth - and today's list. promptly contacted firm's health insurance, and found that they would take me on. advised nursing staff, but still here. so i have been blocking a bed i don't need - but can't escape. with an unpotted ruptured tendon.
ski holidays
Nick Zotov
Now they'll probably want to swab you for MRSA before they'll move you to a private hospital - unless they do private stuff at the hospital you're in. Good luck with the surgery, tho, & hope you're not hanging round for too long.
snow report
Nick Zotov, Bit late, and I know we haven't met or spoken but gutted to see a fellow-EOSB-er injured. Brings it home that it can happen anytime. Speedy recovery mate.
snow conditions
Nick Zotov, what exactly do you mean by "pot off"? I've only ever seen that expression used by a flowerpot man who's undressed.

All the best for a successful operation.
ski holidays
Nick Zotov, gutted for yer matey. Wish you a successful op, and a speedy recovery.
snow report
Back home, in a loose cast for 2 weeks, then have sutures out, and go into gizmo leg brace to have my foot angle progressively reset over another 5 weeks - all going well.

Then physio and all the rehab stuff stuff.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Back home

that must be a relief. Hope it goes well. Did the insurance sort things out acceptably?
snow report
Nick Zotov, Keep working to the plan. It will get easier as the pain from surgery goes. Then its just muscle pain as you get them working again. Hope your Physios are as good looking as mine are. wink
snow report
Nick Zotov, Welcome home . . . now the fun begins Laughing Bricks under the foot of the bed to reduce edema and trying to figure out how to function with what feels like a breezeblock stuck to your leg and then told to treat it as gently as a wee bairn rolling eyes

Take care and keep us up to date.
latest report
Glad you're back home safely now - keep up with the physio stuff!
snow report
Nick Zotov, Good Luck Nick , trust you are mobile and fit again soon.
snow report
Nick Zotov, yeah, you may have thought the injury hurt - but here comes the physio! Twisted Evil

Best of luck.
latest report
100 hops was my physio target: couldn't imagine it at first, but I got there in the end.

I still do my calf-stretching exercises 12 years on - partly out of habit and partly because the ankle area is still a bit stiff first thing in the morning.

Best of luck, Nick.
ski holidays
I am sure that reading this thread thiis morning will fill Nick with glee. Very Happy
latest report
Nick Zotov, glad to catch up on your news after a superb week in Tignes. Although I was a bit equivocal about operation or not in posts above, I personally would want the op!

All the best with the rehab.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy