Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter's here - Ski Sunday's back

Poster: A snowHead
I can’t hear the theme tune anymore without thinking of Alan Partridge 😄
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like Graham Bell has a new sponsor, judging by the canary yellow jacket. Anyone any idea who it is this year ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@deerman, Looks like Wed'ze. i.e. Decathlon.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep it is ^, bought my son the black version of same jacket last year. He had the same brand on last year too, some of the jackets looked awful so I can imagine its was a "you want me to wear what ....".
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For me, I'd like to see the BBC's only winter sports programme including more of the skiing we (most of us ) do. Recreational. Less so the professionals, brilliant to they are. I think Eurosport cover that much better and with much greater time to showcase the racing competitions etc. Id like more on technique, kit and perhaps fashion, resorts and choices, tips and tricks and lifestyle. Thats what I think of when Im preparing for my yearly trip . Not shaving 1 / 1000th off the world cup record!
Still need the race coverages too but more general skiing / magazine / variety.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@PeterGroom, I agree with that, although I do have to say that the BBC coverage of the racing looks so much more stunning that Eurosport's. Perhaps because I only have Eurosport via streaming and not in HD though (the coverage presumably comes from the same original source after all)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PeterGroom wrote:
For me, I'd like to see the BBC's only winter sports programme including more of the skiing we do....

That would be great Peter, and I'd vote for it, but unfortunately skiing is very much a niche in the UK and clearly cookery programmes are worth much more to the BBC and their valuable airtime Razz

The Ski Club produce some pretty good content, just a pitty you have to buy a full £80 membership to watch it Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Which ski club @ratkinsonuk?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.skiclub.co.uk/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah OK, that one. There are quite a few.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin wrote:
Ah OK, that one. There are quite a few.

None as good as this one though Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Naturally! snowHead = Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PeterGroom, the trouble with tips and tricks/technique etc. is that it only applies to a certain set of people. E.G a bit of advice on how to lose the stem turn doesn't apply to those that are doing big mountain touring, and vice versa. There already is an element of advice (through the ski social section) ut much more than that and they risk half the audience zoning out. Plus the racing appeals to more than just those who ski.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ratkinsonuk wrote:
PeterGroom wrote:
For me, I'd like to see the BBC's only winter sports programme including more of the skiing we do....

That would be great Peter, and I'd vote for it, but unfortunately skiing is very much a niche in the UK and clearly cookery programmes are worth much more to the BBC and their valuable airtime Razz

The Ski Club produce some pretty good content, just a pitty you have to buy a full £80 membership to watch it Sad

Well I'm a member and can login etc, but the website is so poor that I don't get further than weather forecasts, and they take an age to load. Is there a video " tab" I should be finding?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
endoman wrote:
Well I'm a member and can login etc, but the website is so poor that I don't get further than weather forecasts, and they take an age to load. Is there a video " tab" I should be finding?

Their video section with 'Al's Tips' used to be very good, and I'm sure they wouldn't have thrown that content away. You're members weekly emails should have links to the weekly snow report videos too. It's been a couple of years since I was a member, so it may have changed.
snow report
never seen a weekly email, no I may have chosen to unsubscribe, or they may go straight to spam. I'll see if I can find anything on the site. I like the stuff on Red Bull TV, some very good things there, loved the one with Air Zermatt.
snow conditions
I've just logged in to see if I can see anything as a non-paying member. There's nothing obvious, and even the membership benefits section doesn't seem to refer to any digital content.

Assuming they've decided to remove it, then what an oversight. It was one of the draws for getting novice skiers to join up in the first place. Perhaps they've decided there's too much YouTube content to compete with.

The email they send is called 'The Edge' @endoman. It's pretty scant for non-members, but again, hopefully you get access to more content.
ski holidays
I checked with the Ski Club, and they confirmed they no longer keep the videos on their site, but make them publicly available on YouTube instead - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSnowcast/

Looking at the videos, they're releasing about 1 a week.
snow report
Don't know if many have come across it but there is a relatively new channel (on BT TV anyway on Youview Channel 95 - see https://www.freesports.tv/) called Freesport and it shows the FIS Magazine shows, about a half-an-hour shows each covering world cup skiing, snowboarding and free skiing. Also a few other winter sports too.
snow report
Anyone spot one of our most famous Snowheads last Sunday?
snow report
I might need a few clues. I did see Graham Bell.
snow conditions
@olderscot, think more infamous rather than famous but I may just be being pedantic wink
ski holidays
@adithorp, good clue
snow conditions
There's a couple there I recognise, although I'm not sure who that old bloke was in the blue jacket leaning on his walking stick. I see him there quite a lot but he only ever seems to stand at the top or bottom hurling abuse at people "bend ze ankles", "don't lift the foot", "lift the foot" Toofy Grin
snow report
@djf, brave!
snow conditions
@djf, I am already looking forward to the footage of you trying to ski bumps switch with a norwegian pole plant on your next clinic.
ski holidays
Quote:

There already is an element of advice (through the ski social section) ut much more than that and they risk half the audience zoning out

I find the ski social section really cringe worthy. Not sure who they are trying to target here. I personally prefer more of the racing. A few years ago I liked the additional program they had which was sort of a Ski Sunday meets Top Gear. Now it all seems rolled into one show and it's lost it's identity.
ski holidays
@FastCarver74, High Altitude it was called, think a lot of people miss it. I think back then they had Ski Sunday for the racing and HA separate.

I actually quite like the little Ski Social bit, I find it refreshing to not just see professional skiers and it's only a segment of about a minute.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For the more recreational aspects, there's plenty to enjoy on youtube via Salomon TV channel and other stuff. I can waste hours watching those. Start with Bearings North and work your way round the compass Smile
snow report
blueskix wrote:

indeed, with a very pro look to the camera Wink
ski holidays
Tubaski wrote:
@djf, I am already looking forward to the footage of you trying to ski bumps switch with a norwegian pole plant on your next clinic.
On one ski, as I'll be using his other one to support my weary bones Toofy Grin

wink
snow report
@Tubaski, hahahaha I don’t know what you mean I wasn’t pointing at you rob. Must have been that other fella there Cool

Could have been worse I’ve got visions of a benny hill themed video of my previous lesson clips turning up .... or another location for that ski Shock
snow report
blueskix wrote:

My son has been on twice this year, but I don't think that's who you meant!
ski holidays
TopGooner wrote:
For the more recreational aspects, there's plenty to enjoy on youtube via Salomon TV channel and other stuff. I can waste hours watching those. Start with Bearings North and work your way round the compass Smile

Yeah the Salomon TV channel is great, the now unused Salomon Freeski on has some good stuff too. Red Bull TV has some nice stuff too, I quite enjoyed the first two seasons of Keep Your Tips up and there's plenty of top quality feature length stuff too.
ski holidays
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
TopGooner wrote:

Yeah the Salomon TV channel is great, the now unused Salomon Freeski on has some good stuff too. Red Bull TV has some nice stuff too, I quite enjoyed the first two seasons of Keep Your Tips up and there's plenty of top quality feature length stuff too.

There's some great ski movies on there too m Matchstick productions have uploaded a lot of theirs (Claim is a favourite of mine), also check out Attack of La Niña for another great one

I really like keep your tips up as well, Sean Pettit's dad is hilarious
snow conditions
Just watched it through again at home. Got to respect GB going down that hill holding a camera and talking at those speeds. I know that’s what he does but just wow
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy