Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski 2018 in Switzerland for Free

Poster: A snowHead
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Oh damn, wrong programme. It was masterchef not strictly come dancing..... hmmm thinks of pun.

Ah, don't really watch the telly. Just looked, apparently she's still hot.

Pretry sue nixmap would still lock her up.... Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SnoodlesMcFlude, enjoy watching good old Rachel gettING wet....

http://youtube.com/v/kxpAq2ZGh9Q
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nixmap, Most folks in here do not understand the joys of Swiss Living or generosity. They are mostly 1-2 week Fat piste & keyboard warriors Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
@nixmap, keyboardswarriors Happy

POT KETTLE BLACK Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:
@nixmap, Most folks in here do not understand the joys of Swiss Living or generosity. They are mostly 1-2 week Fat piste & keyboard warriors Happy

Why don't you and your Mum apply? The benefits office are used to you moving about, there is probably a need for taxi drivers in Gstaad, and imagine your first lift pass!! You seem to have time on your hands, no doubt are a professional skier, and you can advise Nix on the markets, after all he only has 3 Chalets compared with your none. It's a perfect solution. You are not scared of generosity and would be able to brag about ""your"" chalet.

@Nixmap, I hope you find a suitable party, I think it is an amazing offer and if things were different, and maybe a better skier would apply myself. Best of luck and have a good season.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The way my week has gone, I may well be jacking it in and applying for this... can I have two weeks off to go on the trips I have already booked though please? Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If family circumstances allowed we'd be there like a shot. Minimal bills at home and a season on the slopes in exchange for a few chores. I think it's a great opportunity for the right couple.

Good luck @nixmap and I hope you have a great season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tarrantd wrote:
If family circumstances allowed we'd be there like a shot. Minimal bills at home and a season on the slopes in exchange for a few chores. I think it's a great opportunity for the right couple.

What a nice reply, makes it all seem worth it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PaulC1984 wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, fancy some Popcorn? I like sweet and salty, you bring the beer Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Ooo. Somehow I missed the start of the annual howler. Any popcorn left? Got beer - Becks OK?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles wrote:
Ooo. Somehow I missed the start of the annual howler. Any popcorn left? Got beer - Becks OK?

I think @PaulC1984 and @Dave of the Marmottes, have probably ruined the thread for this year, deliberately posting way off topic.

Still, years is probably enough, thanks for bringing it to snow heads, achilles.

I get more interest from other Forums now.

See you
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nixmap when are you looking for the couple to start and roughly whens the finish date?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PaulC1984 wrote:
nixmap wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:
Yay the annual slave search begins Happy

So this year you want a couple of slaves, not just the one?!

What will you do post Brexit,
Kids have certainly improved since last year!!

We prefer the term volunteer

Switzerland is not an EU country, so welcome to the club.

Haha, hhmmm I see volunteers helping war torn countries, those in poverty, helping after natural disasters, not acting as a none paid staff member doing chores that you 'expect' them to do!

I'm sure you prefer the term volunteer for financial reasons more than anything else Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

As said though, I'm sure someone (sorry a couple) will be up for it. Should I have been cash strapped, younger and be allowed to remove my chains every now and then, I would have been up for it too Happy

i think i'd rather save the pennies and do it without being a 1st world slave.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think its a bloody great opportunity.

If I wasnt so old, I would do it with the wife.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Having skied CH last season and experienced the eye-watering prices, this is a great opportunity for a couple to spend a relatively inexpensive season in the Swiss mountains.

If one or both of the couple can 'work from home', then it's a no brainer.

PS nixmap, whilst your children are good skiers who've improved dramatically over the course of your annual posts, there's plenty for them to learn from the right teacher.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Philip1972 wrote:

If I wasnt so old, I would do it with the wife.

If I wasn't so old, I would do it with somebody else's wife.
ski holidays
@Penry, lol
latest report
@Penry, lol x2

@Philip1972, maybe i'm just past that stage in my life where i want to run after someobody else that isn't 1) wife 2) kids
snow report
@nixmap, don't listen to @PaulC1984; he's bitter because he wants to do it, but the ad states couples only and he's just too ugly to get a girlfriend.
ski holidays
nixmap wrote:
achilles wrote:

I think @PaulC1984 and @Dave of the Marmottes, have probably ruined the thread for this year, deliberately posting way off topic.

Still, years is probably enough, thanks for bringing it to snow heads, achilles.

I get more interest from other Forums now.

See you

I think that you still have a lot to learn about the nature of forums and how not to portray yourself as a bit of a fun sponge to make yourself an atrractive "employer", so sorry if your deadly serious advertisment (which I assume you have paid admin handsomely for) has been leavened by a bit of arsing around. I'd rather thought that by returning annually you quite liked the banter.

You have a very particular set of requirements which only fit a very narrow subset of the sH population so it's not surprsing to me that you might get more leads from elsewhere e.g. the US where people may not have working entitlement in Europe and for whom it represents a good opportunity for a couple with the freedom to take the time simulateously and the financial wherewithall to bear living expenses.
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, You misspelled anally.
snow conditions
[quote="nixmap"]
tarrantd wrote:

What he said. Only 3 more years with Ghost Pup 2 then FREEDOM!

Although GP 1 appears to be coming skiing at NY at my expense.
ski holidays
If it was a 'job' I'm sure there would be issues with discrimination against single people!
snow report
dp wrote:
@nixmap, don't listen to @PaulC1984; he's bitter because he wants to do it, but the ad states couples only and he's just too ugly to get a girlfriend.

Love you too princess

If I didn't know you I'd give you a slap for that.... now where's my step ladder Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, Americans with Working entitlement issues.

I think you mean Volunteering Toofy Grin
snow conditions
PaulC1984 wrote:
dp wrote:

Love you too princess

If I didn't know you I'd give you a slap for that.... now where's my step ladder Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

I just realised... we could go as a couple Shocked
snow report
@dp, YYEEESSSS, and we do have your cuffs and chains, so no need to use Nixmap's. That said Scarlet would get jealous, not that I care - she has dashed my future hopes of a Mrs C and moved out of the country - didn't realise I was such an insufferable fool that people have to cross the channel to keep away from me. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 11-09-17 17:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes I agree with you

I think it can be construed as a reasonably good deal if it's something you actually want to do. I mean at the end of the day if you go to a regular French ski resort as a chalet host (which lots of couples do), you're looking at an average income of £80 a week each which for a pair of you is £160 income per week. Which is then taxed (normally by HMRC as the chalet operators register as British) who take 20% (£32) in income tax and 12% NI (£19) - for the purpose of this I am ignoring personal allowance as most people will have filled their personal allowance by Nov/Dec - so we're talking about £109 per week. But you're looking after guests 7 days a week for the whole season. So ultimately as a couple you're losing £109 a week over working as a typical chalet host but you're getting 5 days of skiing. So that's £11 per person per day, which is pretty cheap skiing.

On the flip side though, I agree that basically the OP is asking for a pretty niche kind of person... must be a couple, able to live off no income, happy to be enslaved to some poshos for the duration of a ski season in return for 'being allowed' to have a day off on your day off.... that rules out a lot of people.
ski holidays
I think it is an amazing offer. Especially as has been said above one or both can do some work from home and or it might be possible to have a part time job flexibly.

Switzerland is an amazing country- but pricey.

Best of luck to Nixmap and whoever is lucky enough to go. I'm sure there were some bits of feedback in previous years if only third hand.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The other big drawback, is unlike having your own place, you're away for the winter, but can't have your mates over for a few days...
snow conditions
Charliegolf wrote:
The other big drawback, is unlike having your own place, you're away for the winter, but can't have your mates over for a few days...

Is this definitely the case? Would the OP mind the odd visit from well behaved friends when they're not around?
Overall, this seems like a great offer to me for the right people. This threat would be far less tedious if those people who aren't interested stopped being so obstructive (and repetitive).
snow report
Charliegolf wrote:

In previous years I'm sure that the volunteers had free run of the chalet Monday to Friday so mates could easily visit.
ski holidays
# dontletnixmapbringauvlight
latest report

@Dave of the Marmottes, Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
I've been on this forum for about 7 years. I see this every autumn and I still don't know if this Is genuine or a wind up rolling eyes
latest report
Nor if there any canals near nixmap's pad...
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
I've been on this forum for about 7 years. I see this every autumn and I still don't know if this Is genuine or a wind up rolling eyes

Stop stirring the pot.
latest report
dp wrote:

On the flip side though, I agree that basically the OP is asking for a pretty niche kind of person... must be a couple, able to live off no income,.

Many people save money to travel or take extended periods off work. Is that so niche?

dp wrote:
to be enslaved to some poshos for the duration of a ski season in return for 'being allowed' to have a day off on your day off.... that rules out a lot of people.

Is that what the op really says?
Poshos? enslaved .. and a day off?
thats quite twisted from the original.
snow conditions
halfhand wrote:
Charliegolf wrote:

In previous years I'm sure that the volunteers had free run of the chalet Monday to Friday so mates could easily visit.

Within reason.
ski holidays
@nixmap, have you got any testimonials from people who have taken up your offer previously?

It might help overcome some of the negativity and more importantly, satisfy my idle curiosity.
snow conditions
nixmap wrote:
... allows other snowheads an alternative way to spend a ski season on the slopes.

Have any sH's ever taken you up on you "offer" ? The above quote could be read as implying that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy