Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Visas for Brits

Poster: A snowHead
Visas for Brits

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/10/british-travellers-may-need-visas-to-travel-throughout-europe/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good little money making exercise....£10 a go online....make 'em a few Euros
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should go along way to Stop this ...

http://youtube.com/v/emT7LObSnkc

http://youtube.com/v/LHcPLv3vW3k
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not until the offenders have a police record/record in the country issuing the visa
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If this had been published before the Brexit vote it would have been denounced as scare tactics.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, we don't want EU passport holders to have unlimited access to the UK so the reverse can reasonably be expected to hold true - after all we (unfortunately) have more than our fair share of criminals of one sort or another, including terrorists.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Already have a Visa.
It's in my wallet, in the slot next to my Mastercard.
Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stanton, when I drive from Zurich to St Anton/Lech I have to buy a vignette just in case I use the S16/Arlberg Tunnel. I see no reason why I should not buy the equivalent of a Personal Vignette to cross the EU countries if I choose to cross them post Brexit eventually.

IMAGINE..... Foreign lorries and cars needing a vignette to use the UK road infra-structure, or all EU citizens requiring a reciprocal Personal Vignette to visit the UK. There could be a sliding scale of a 10 day PV, a 30 day PV, 3 month PV, or a Year PV. These could also be cross-checked with the Criminal Justice Services in domicile EU countries so that our dodgy crims can have their movements monitored as they drive through France on their way to the crim villas on the Costa del Dodgy. And vice-versa. Need not be set up for Customs, just to ensure the UK is not subsidising pesky EU citizens who free-load entry to the UK.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Really can't see this is bad, security checks to cross borders. For right or for wrong of course, once in the common area, you are good to go. Like the US system, I assume a one year or two year validity. Bigger queues at immigration mind.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimastaaah wrote:
@stanton,

IMAGINE..... Foreign lorries and cars needing a vignette to use the UK road infra-structure, or all EU citizens requiring a reciprocal Personal Vignette to visit the UK. There could be a sliding scale of a 10 day PV, a 30 day PV, 3 month PV, or a Year PV. These could also be cross-checked with the Criminal Justice Services in domicile EU countries so that our dodgy crims can have their movements monitored as they drive through France on their way to the crim villas on the Costa del Dodgy. And vice-versa. Need not be set up for Customs, just to ensure the UK is not subsidising pesky EU citizens who free-load entry to the UK.

Lorries already have to pay a levy. I know, 'cos my daughter is the security director for the company with the contract.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
Visas for Brits

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/10/british-travellers-may-need-visas-to-travel-throughout-europe/

And?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have to get a visa now and then for some countries. If I was from Many countries it would be $2 approx for one country (not named). From UK is is $200 because it is run via a rip of useless company subcontracted to take the wee wee.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:
Should go along way to Stop this ...

http://youtube.com/v/emT7LObSnkc

http://youtube.com/v/LHcPLv3vW3k

Visas won't stop any of that - for a first time offender at least.

AND I'm not sure Brits have a monopoly on that kind of behaviour. I've seen many young Dutch in a state on holiday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles wrote:
stanton wrote:
Visas for Brits

And?

For someone who 'won' Boris Johnson is looking a bit sheepish and quiet these days...
Deep down he knows Brexit will likely end up a shambles.
If we restrict movement of people then visas of some sort are probable as part of reciprocial tit for tat.
Shame no one predicted that in advance Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Haggis_Trap wrote:

Shame no one predicted that in advance Very Happy

I did Very Happy
snow report
achilles wrote:

And?

(1) she's a troll, don't feed her.
(2) It's a Schengen area thing, and we (and Ireland) are not in it. So nothing to do with Brexit, which she's trying to wind you up about.

She just hate it all.
snow conditions
Quote:

nothing to do with Brexit

Puzzled isn't it? If Britain remained a member of the EU we'd have freedom of movement. If we leave we become "third parties". So it's everything to do with Brexit - along with tightening up control of Europe's borders, which the UK has long advocated.

As for Haggis's "Shame no one predicted that in advance" Stanton doesn't recognise irony. wink Who could have guessed?
ski holidays
Visas tend to be a tit for tat exercise - so if one side introduces so does the other....

Like with everything there are both pros and cons of this system
ski holidays
Quote:

Visas tend to be a tit for tat exercise

Indeed - and stopping "free movement" from EU countries presumably implies some kind of visa/work permit arrangements.

I suffered from the introduction by Australia of visas for Brits (because so many overstayed). The FCO strongly protested and insisted that, when I had to transit Australia on government business, they wouldn't apply for a visa. They gave me a haughtily worded letter instead which went down like a ton of hot shite. The Australian immigration officials knew they couldn't afford to detain me for long, but they make it uncomfortable and kept me waiting a long time. I was going to stay with my sister in law in Perth overnight, and she was meeting me. She thought something had gone wrong and I'd missed the flight because all the other passengers, and their bags, had gone and there wasn't a bag belonging to me. She was surprised to find I was travelling with hand baggage as she always needs at least 3 outfits a day. wink
latest report
It'll be reciprocal. You can bet your life on that...

It's in everyone's interests to either retain freedom of movement (unlikely) or for the UK treat EU nationals the same as non-visa nationals (i.e. Americans, Canadians etc). They do not need a visa to enter the UK (in most circumstances) but do need permission from a Border Force Officer (i.e. a stamp in their passport).

We already have visa waivers for certain Gulf states that costs about £15 a go. They just fill an online form in and submit it...
latest report
Quote:

do need permission from a Border Force Officer (i.e. a stamp in their passport

Unless the government plans to require something more than a stamp in the passport on entry it's difficult to see how it will make any difference to the numbers of immigrants from the EU.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

do need permission from a Border Force Officer (i.e. a stamp in their passport

Unless the government plans to require something more than a stamp in the passport on entry it's difficult to see how it will make any difference to the numbers of immigrants from the EU.

Presumably Hurdy was only referring to the entry requirements for tourist visitors? I believe the Americans and Canadians she referred to as examples need more than an entry stamp in order to come to the UK to work?
snow conditions
I think all Brits should boycott France in say 2018 - the impact on their economy will have them voting against visas
ski holidays
Why not Spain, Greece, Austria, Portugal, etc too?
snow conditions
..and a little stamp in your passport to show how much money you have converted into foreign. Toofy Grin
latest report
Boris wrote:
I think all Brits should boycott France in say 2018 - the impact on their economy will have them voting against visas

Great idea Madeye-Smiley will give more space for us from "Europe" wink
snow report
Do americans have to have a visa to enter EU on short term Hols?? Id expect us to have to do the same as them!

Id jexpect us to have the same 90day rule
snow conditions
No they don't

general rules:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_Schengen_Area

But you have these funny British 2. class passports:

Officially referred to as "BRITISH CITIZENS WHO ARE NOT NATIONALS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND FOR THE PURPOSES OF UNION LAW: British nationals (Overseas), British overseas territories citizens (BOTC) British overseas citizens (BOC) British protected persons (BPP) and British subjects (BS)'." REGULATION (EU) No 509/2014 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some of the comments about this are absurd. Andy Burnham was particularly laughable, saying that the Brexit campaign had never warned people that they might be facing a "holiday tax" of £50 a holiday.

Well, fancy that! All those voters were deluded into thinking we could keep the nasty foreigners out with nobody being at all difficult with us in return.
snow report
Yes, it is quite intertaining to read all this. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
It is more complicatet to travel to UK though for none EU person. US citizens do not need a visa for 90 day stay, however one should be able to show the same documents as if they should apply for a visa to the imigration officer - now that gets a bit complicatet at the border control.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/usa/tourism (same for Japanese).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

So be prepared to show your bank statsments and other dokuments in a EU language (Danish/French/German ....) translation, if that is the future?

These are in fact the rules for US or Japanes citizens - but I do not know practice. Quite complicated rules you have in UK? Confused [/u]

Here I gave up Skullie :

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor-rules

I think a differnet way wil be found. wink
snow report
personally, I don't care what arrangements are in place (now or in the future) between the U.K. and ANY other territories, as long as they are equal in financial value and fairness between each country.
for instance As far as I believe, you cannot travel to the U.S. if you have a criminal record, and no more than 90 days on a tourist visa whilst proving you have a return ticket and funds to support you, I would hope this is the same for U.S. citizens coming over the pond.
Also, if you have certain visas for Australia, you have to work for 90 days in the agricultural industry generally doing low paid, back breaking work in the back of beyond.
maybe we can introduce those rules to antipodeans coming over here, it may solve this countries agricultural labour shortage!!!!!!

And again, if indeed right hand vehicles are to be subjected to surcharges on the continent (though I presume not Eire reg plates!!) I hope it would be reciprocal

come to think about it, this Brexit malarkey could wipe out unemployment in a stroke across all of Europe with all the bureaucrats employed enforcing regulations and collecting fees.
Every silver lining!!!
Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
@terrygasson, Ahh, you do not know Sir Humphrey Shocked Madeye-Smiley

You should care, as it is you who should find all the dokumentation, if it gets that complicated.

But as I say - I think it will be a different way. Little Angel
snow conditions
@terrygasson - we didn't need brexit to change the visa rules for US or Australians coming to the UK.....
Could have been done 20 years ago if the government wished Wink
latest report
@Hyst, it would be interesting to find out from anyone on here what it was like to travel into Europe before the EU existed, was it a Bureaucratic nightmare with visas etc?

I remember having to have my passport stamped going to Spain a few times in the early 80's, I actually quite miss not having my passport stamped.
I still cherish my old passport from the mid 90's when I travelled through the middle east and Africa and show the kids from time to time.

with biometric and data technology so advanced nowadays, I am sure it would not be much of a hassle!!!
ski holidays
It comes to something when HMG's defensive briefing is to assure people that "almost no decisions have been made". Laughing Well, that's OK then. And scarcely a surprise!
ski holidays
[quote="terrygasson"]@Hyst, it would be interesting to find out from anyone on here what it was like to travel into Europe before the EU existed, was it a Bureaucratic nightmare with visas etc?

I remember having to have my passport stamped going to Spain a few times in the early 80's, I actually quite miss not having my passport stamped.
I still cherish my old passport from the mid 90's when I travelled through the middle east and Africa and show the kids from time to time.

with biometric and data technology so advanced nowadays, I am sure it would not be much of a hassle!!![/quwhoote]

No it was quite easy - excepted when we visited the old GDR in the 60's.
snow report
@pam w, But it is not easy til be HMG at the moment. wink

And I just make a bit of fun with you all, whatever side you are on. Little Angel
ski holidays
The UK is going Backwards not Forward.
latest report
pam w wrote:
Why not Spain, Greece, Austria, Portugal, etc too?

Because you want to play the EMF game where you'd pick on one country at a time until the capitulate. Then Spain, then Greece etc etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy