Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EASYJET - Ski poles no longer allowed!!!

Poster: A snowHead
@never summer, I'm not sure what you're getting at (other than U2 being not always the best idea)?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
never summer wrote:
I always thought that flying EasyJet is not the best idea when other options are available. I saw once two people putting a bag into a hold, had to be at least 20 kilos judging by their efforts, and EasyJet flights are full of them.

If the other option is Jet2 then flying Easyjet is a great idea!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another message from easyjet to me via Twitter came in last night, in response to my original tweet. It said
Quote:
Hi Rob, I'm afraid ski poles are not permitted on board in either checked-in luggage or hand baggage: easyjet.com/en/terms-and-c… ^Barbara

All very confusing and not at all helpful. Haven't flown easyjet for a few years, and at this rate I'm not likely to again, at least not for skiing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rob@rar, I can only assume the various parts of Easyjet are not speaking to each other.

Is it conceivable that ski poles are impossible to verify as being 'safe' using a scanner? They are usually made of some cheesed-based metal and x-rays should penetrate very happily.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rob@rar, That's just insane. Am flying to Milan over New Year, let us see if they ask me to open the sportube to check for poles (of the ski variety) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
While it's clear they f'd up on their website the degree of non intelligent computer sez no savvy exhibited by customer service staff doesn't encourage you if you get a bag nazi at bag drop who effectively has you under duress if you want to travel. Reality is of course they don't have time to check.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't understand why people are still getting worked up about this. Clearly the web page update was a cock up. It is still not 100% but in the 1:1,000,000,000 chance that a check person does query if there are poles in the luggage then show them the webpage.

Here is the response I received;:

Quote:
I have had the Dangerous Goods page amended now so if you would like to click on your link you will be taken to the correct page which has the following information on it:

The following items are not permitted in cabin baggage, but are permitted as hold luggage:

Pointed/Edged Weapons and Sharp Objects:

Ski and walking/hiking pole and crampons
Axes, ice axes, ice picks & hatchets
Meat cleavers
Knives with blades of more than 6 cm as measured from the fulcrum and scalpels
Razor blades
Ice skates
Trademen’s tools
Scissors
Hypodermic needles are permitted for carriage for medical purposes only (Medical certification must be presented at check-in to permit hypodermic needles to be carried into the cabin)
sabres, swords and swordsticks.
Arrows, darts, harpoons, machetes and spears

With kind regards

Jane
Executive Support
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gaza, be nice if someone conveyed that information to the customer service representatives from easyjet who look after their social media engagement. The message I quoted above was sent to me unprompted (my initial question had been answered) and seems unequivocal. Airlines, quite rightly, require us to follow their rules without question. It would help if they could make clear what those rules are, consistently and company-wide.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
EJ website shows the info that @Gaza, was sent.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This whole saga reinforces my belief in the saying "it's much less likely to be a conspiracy than a cock-up!" Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alastair Pink, Hanlon's Razor
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another message via Twitter
Quote:
Hi Rob, I apologise about the confusion, ski poles will be accepted, but in hold luggage only. Regarding the information on the website, we will be working with internal teams to get better clarification. ^Barbara
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rob@rar, I do not disagree with you at all. It seems the message has not been communicated to the frontline troops. As someone who does this type of thing for a living it is a cardinal sin to expose your people in this way.

Me thinks someone at easyJet is reading this thread. Cool Cool Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gaza wrote:
Me thinks someone at easyJet is reading this thread. Cool Cool Cool
One hopes. Anyway, all seems clear now. Well done to the OP for highlighting easyjet's mistake.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Got back from Madeira last week, we had a pair of walking poles in our checked in bag but it was over weight so we took out shoes and the poles until the weight came down to 20kgs and put the said items in our hand baggage! On the way back the check in clerk at Funchal asked if we would like to check in one or more of our hand bags (one wheelie and two small rucksacks as per allowance for speedy boarding pax). She said this would be free so we checked in the wheelie and the walking poles went with it.
snow report
I'm having lunch with Carolyn tomorrow (Nando's since you ask) so I'll get her to clarify the policy - or change it if it's wrong.

She's actually a snowboarder and as she has a wicked sense of humour, I think this may be one of her little practical EasyJokes
latest report
Just to confuse further don't assume that because Easyjet let you take items as hand luggage you will get it on the plane
Luton airport in the summer - tennis bag with 4 raquets
Easyjet check in - no problem sir of course you can take it on as hand luggage in accordance with our rules
Luton security - no sir, tennis raquets are offensive weapons in accordance with our rules & you can't take them on the plane
No point in arguing (and risk being arrested) so back to the Easyjet desk
They were just as confused and in fairness they did let me take them as checked in sports equipment at no charge
snow report
@Rodriguez, You cannot be serious (in a loud New York accent)

What about people who are good at martial arts? Shouldn't they be in the hold?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy