Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2015/16 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
. . .more snow, more snow . .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Less sunny today but still warm. Lower slopes, particularly Pied Moutet which is south facing, don't look as good as they did last weekend. Clouding over now and there is a sprinkling of snow forecast above 2400m tonight. Opening tomorrow so I'll take photos and report on conditions higher up Happy The town is beginning to get busier as coachloads of seasonnaires have been arriving Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are camping in Venosc (champs du Moulin) in Feb but will have no car. Could you kindly let us know if a supermarket is within walking distance? Failing that, anywhere we can buy supplies and booze?
Thank you in advance.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also anywhere recommended to hire ski equipment?We would like to leave it in lockers at the slopes too if that is also an option?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@poppyb, I'm not sure whether there is a supermarket of any size in Venosc. Probably only very small ones I would guess. When you come up in the lift from Venosc it's just a short walk to the Diable lift so you really need a hire shop with storage near there. Jacques Sports are very close and good I believe and I think they do storage, they were certainly good when I bought my boots from them. On your way back to the lift there is a reasonably big Spar which has a pretty good selection, not the cheapest. There is a U Express and Carrefour Montagne too but they're further away.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

I've stayed at that campsite before. How are you getting there or are you in a motor home?

I sometimes get supplies from the large supermarket by Grenoble airport but that's when we've had a car. Otherwise, as suggested, there's a supermarket not far from where the lift from Venosc drops you off. We used to have a rucksack and carrier bags and stock up on our way down from resort. Be aware though that the campsite is a bit of a walk from the cable car so it'll be best to store your equipment where you hire it from. There are no supermarkets in Venosc but there are a couple of good restaurants (or at least there were a few years ago, don't know what they're like now).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had lunch down there a few times and its always been pretty good and less expensive than up in L2A.

Far busier in town last night. I went to see a friend play live in one of the bars which was superb and met up with several people I know who'd just arrived. It felt as if the season had begun Happy

Just looked out of the window and there's a fair bit of cloud about, a little rain in resort last night so probably a little snow higher. I will go up in a couple of hours I think Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
L2A opened today Happy OK day, I went up about 10.30 in the end and it was raining slightly in resort but by the time I got up the mountain it had stopped. Fair bit of mist around for much of the day which was popping up anywhere tbh but when it went there was a fair bit of sun. Quite a lot of pistes and lifts closed which made things a bit disjointed but still plenty of skiing to be had. Some of the runs just above and below Toura were fairly stony but they were fairly easily avoided. Snow in general pretty good, nothing open Cretes or below though so had to lift down. Met a friend and his friends this afternoon and we ended up in my nearest bar where they insisted on plying us with free champagne after a couple of apres pints, lush Happy

Lunch spot at Toura
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Better day no mist and a bit colder but not much. Busier now that first week holidaymakers are here and with limited runs and pistes open it led to some queuing but not disastrous. Lots of stony pistes and I came down a couple of closed runs which were even stonier, glad I've got my rock hoppers here.

Mont Blanc from 3200m
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hazel richardson, I'll be flying with the family as our house sale (and motorhome purchase) is too slow. Arriving by transfer.
Thanks for the tips.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had a short day, just under 4 hours, got to go shopping in Bourg, skied hard though over 6km vertical. Lovely sunny day, need snow though and none forecast. Took a look at the new blue as I came down in the white eggs. It's oficially closed but there were a fair few people skiing it, it looks nice. I think I'll find a way of getting onto it tomorrow.

Took this from the Lac Noir run looking up towards glacier. Plenty of snow high and not many people Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks warm on the cams . . .some brown stuff appearing!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes and yes Shocked Remember though that is a lot of skiing above 2500m so there will always be skiing to be had Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More or less the same the last couple of days, lots of sun, sprinkling of snow up high last night, some fog and this afternoon wind which was blowing some of the snow away Shocked Some snow forecast for next week though, not sure how much we'll get.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
doing the snow dance daily . . .whatever that is rolling eyes (doesn't seem to be working yet)
ski holidays
@Claude B, Thinking of coming over next week for some real snow! Fancy meeting up and which day?
snow conditions
@KenX, I'll be here all week, thinking of going to Grenoble early in week when weather is forecasting a snowy day. I'm easy really take a look at forecast and give me a shout. A few friends about but join in Happy Snow not that great though (see below).

More of the same really, lovely sunny day and quiet now all the Italians have gone home after their bank holiday weekend. Lots of stones and a few rocks around too, unfortunately Sad (tbf this was probably done on a closed run). Even more of a downer a guy I've been skiing with all week was helicoptered off and is now in Grenoble hospital with a triple break to his knee Sad
ski holidays
More of the same again, lots of sun and little sign of much snow. Due to the damage above I took a decent pair out yesterday and was very careful where I went. Conditions on the glacier are fantastic and it's sooo busy wink

Friend who was helicoptered off is being operated on today, really nasty break, his leg just gave way while he was skiing Shocked I managed to hammer the sidewall and edge more less back into place on my rock hoppers, failed miserably though trying to fill with ptex. Jacques Sports are only charging me 39 Euros for a full service including repair, picking them up a little later this morning Happy Rise Festival here this week so the place will be rammed with students and lots of performances from people I've never heard of mostly although I do recognise So Solid Crew and Ms Dynamite:-)
snow report
Err no change. I didn't ski yesterday, had some things to get in Grenoble and needed a rest after 9 straight days, but the weekend was again warm and sunny. A couple more lifts and one more run open but its still only the glacier and perhaps one Toura run that you can ski without risking ski damage. Long range forecast I've seen doesn't show significant snow until after Christmas.

I did ski down on the new blue Saturday and Sunday although it's closed. All artificial snow but plenty of it and actually a nice run.

Resort is heaving with drunken Brit students here for the Rise festival, lots of yobbishness and loud music until 2am. Fortunately that venue is a long way from me but a friend is seriously peed off with it.
latest report
Went up for about 3 hours yesterday, hot and sunny, conditions will only get worse. A little rain in resort overnight so a sprinkling above 2500m, going up for a couple of hours about 2.30. Bellecombes blue opened but not sure why, it was horrible. The lower part of it was more like narrow, slightly rocky off piste, would have freaked anyone without too much experience. Steep red bit from Signal chair open now too.

Stony pinch points are approaches to Toura from all directions exccept Park area and approaching Bellecombes from all directions. Can't be avoided unless staying 100% on the glacier.

I'm having to patch my skis up daily atm. A bit of hammering and some dry slope wax this morning Shocked
snow report
@Claude B, I take it the new blue run back to town which they carved up the mountainside to build isn't open yet?
snow report
@Alastair Pink, It's not open but I've been down it 3 times Happy All man made snow but plenty of it, it's a nice run and not as steep as I expected it would be. I think it's closed as there are a few corners without enough snow so wooden barriers, rocks etc are exposed, not great for low intermediates although I've some almost snowploughing down it Shocked

Gonna try to video a run down this week.
snow conditions
There had been a dusting of snow overnight which freshened things a bit. They've also been moving a lot of snow around so more pistes are nearly ready to open, I skied the red back to Toura whuch was closed but looking good considering how little snow had been on there a couple of days ago.

New blue (still closed) towards the bottom from white eggs.
snow report
Sat at the Pano Bar with ClaudeB waiting for So Solid Crew to perform Very Happy
snow conditions
And they're on:

latest report
Cracking day skiing with@KenX, and a couple of younger friends turned up. It got quite lively Shocked
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/zAQz2mPys50
snow report
Has there been some sort of time warp to April, today is astonishingly hot even at 3400m Shocked Depite feeling rough this morning (self inflicted) I went up about 11 for 3 hours. I just love skiing on Saturdays it's so quiet. Couldn't face the daily repair needed on my rock hoppers so I took my Line Prophets up and stuck just to the glacier where as you can see the snow is awesome but the crowds are well .... wink

Just had some lunch and will attack the painting again this afternoon. I have a one day window without any rowdy mates around so intend to have a very quiet night.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Claude B, good to see you enjoying the quiet pistes. Temperatures are bonkers for December all over the place. 15C in Cardiff this morning.
ski holidays
Anyone got an accurate long range forecast for this part of the universe . . ?
latest report
Is there such a thing? 14 day one I looked at is currently showing nothing Sad
snow report
. . .think it was wishful thinking on my part . . !
ski holidays
Over a month until you get here, plenty of time .... Another SH who arrived yesterday just texted me from the glacier shocked at conditions but at least we have a glacier, those without will really be struggling. Just as hot today as yesterday, resort has really filled up. I've been painting Shocked Will get up tomorrow then returning to UK for Christmas/New Year, back on 3rd.
snow report
Quite a lot of cloud around this morning and a massive 1cm of snow forecast. Skiing with a friend's boarder son this afternoon while she gets some things done at her place. Dinner for the 3 of us round mine tonight, she's also part of my interior design team Happy so reviewing my work too wink Packing and leaving in the morning. Met up with jo225 (and Pete) for a drink yesterday evening which was nice Happy

Although I won't be here for nearly 2 weeks I've plenty of friends who will be so I'll post anything interesting about the weather although the forecast doesn't really show anything Sad
ski holidays
Getting stonier daily, resorting to a team with buckets picking them up Shocked A few more runs open but some are shocking. Glacier still lovely and surprisingly we didn't see a queue all afternoon.

New Blue now officially open and it was faily soft and messy causing a lot of people problems. I preferred skiing it when it was closed Happy
latest report
Lovely to see Claude B and friends, shame we couldn't see them on the glacier yesterday cos of the lack of vis. Just to reiterate the convict rock pickers, I'll upload a picture. I've never seen anything like that, some of the open stuff shouldn't be, IMHO. Lovely sunny day again though!
snow report
I assume they've pissed off someone important...
snow conditions
My picture! It's upside down! Could a mod make it better? I can't see how to Sad
snow conditions
@peterm, Great to see you and jo225, sorry I couldnt make yesterday apres. I was in full panic mode cooking for 5 Shocked Now in an equally warm Troyes.
snow conditions
Fify Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy