Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2015/16 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
There seem to be a few similar threads for other resorts which get a good following. I'll be out there from 24th November for the season (which starts on 5th December) bar a few days over Christmas. Looks as if the snow should be arriving just before me.

Links
http://www.meteoexploration.com/forecasts/Les-Deux-Alpes/?lang=en - Forecast
http://www.les2alpes.com/en/ - Official Site
http://www.2alpesnet.com/ - Alternative Site
http://www.bensbus.co.uk/ski-transfer/grenoble-airport-les-deux-alpes-transfers/ - Transfers from Grenoble Airport
http://www.2alpesnet.com/buses - Lyon and Geneva to Grenoble shuttles and local buses to resort
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120415 - Latest on road to La Grave, Serre Chevalier, etc (closed from April to late November 2015, new road opened 24th November)

If you want British instruction there are several options -
- Easiski (Charlotte) has been here a long time and has many SH fans
- European Ski School have several British instructors. Alex Chapman who's a SH and several friends have had great lessons with her, Ian Huyton and Alex Gandy (male).
- BASS Rod Frazer who is highly rated.
- all schools have other English speaking French and Italian instructors. Some I know personally are very fluent.

For those interested English Football is shown in the Red Frog (open all day) and the Secret Bar (although not open all day so prob not lunchtime kick offs).

If you decide you want to buy boots in resort Cedric at Jacques Sports is highly recommended. He did mine the winter before last and did a grand job.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 9-02-16 16:54; edited 11 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chambon updates would be useful for those wanting to explore LG and SC!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers @KenX, I'll link to the thread.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another company offering transfers

http://www.chairlift.eu
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Decent price if there are enough of you Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice big dump of snow due Friday night, into Saturday, with a big drop in temperatures Very Happy Fingers crossed (even though I'm not there until January...)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowforecast.com showing high of -6, low of -11 with snow Sat/Sun Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Showing almost 1.5m on the glacier over the weekend Shocked Freezing point down to resort level later, hopefully cleared up by Tuesday Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spoke to a couple of mates out there and up to yesterday it's been very warm and dry for 3 weeks or so since dump at Toussaint. Forecast for weekend seems to be moving about but still significant snow today and tomorrow with freezing point moving down below resort level. Should have stopped but be extremely cold by next Tuesday when I get there.

I'll post a couple of photos next Wednesday.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking at the webcams it looks imminent . .!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes but I think freezing point today is well above resort.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Everywhere is pretty white on the webcams so forecast was pretty accurate. Temperature has really dropped now and is forecast to stay that way with fair amounts of snow falling over next couple of weeks. Bit of a lull in the snowfall Monday and Tuesday so hopefully I won't have too many problems getting up, hope my road is cleared Very Happy Bodes well for opening conditions on 5th December Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hoping for a decent base by the time I arrive . . .let it snow
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I borrowed this photo taken today presumably from Jacques Sports facebook page showing the new blue run covered with snow and the cannons running at the top. By way of payment I'll mention that Cedric (Jacques son I think) is the best bootfitter in resort. I bought my current pair there in 2014 and he made a great job of fitting them Happy

Looks as if I'm in for about a foot of snow in resort on Wednesday after arriving Tuesday evening. Just as well I've got decorating to do although I have promised to take some photos of a friends place so that she can start advertising it. That may have to wait until Friday which is going to be sunny according to the forecast.
ski holidays
Arrived just before 4 PM yesterday. Some big mounds of snow around town where they've been ploughing. Caught up with loads of people last night and a bit fragile today. Started snowing heavily about midday and it looks set to continue for some time. Got my broadband working so catching up this afternoon I think.
snow report
Panorama from my balcony taken this morning before the snow came.
ski holidays
@Claude B, Cedric fitted my boots, but it was quite a while ago now. Last time the PSB was there.
snow report
@Claude B, always thought that balcony would have a lovely snowy view (to go with the lovely summer view) Very Happy
latest report
Humph, got 1 cm here Sad
ski holidays
@KenX, Not far down the road either Shocked It's still snowing here, hasn't stopped all afternoon although it hasn't been heavy all the time. Will see how much in the morning, not venturing out this evening.
snow report
@Claude B, Very Happy
snow conditions
It was still snowing when I went to bed about 10.30 but had stopped this morning, about 15 - 20 cm I think (see pics below). Now a bit of a battle between the sun and cloud bubbling up from Venosc, very cold though, forecast for -14C in resort tonight Shocked Popped to lift office to pick up season pass, loads of work going on towards the bottom of the new blue, cannons running too.

This was clear yesterday

Working on new blue

One unecessary addition to the resort is a Subway FFS Shocked Loads of independent places inc the well established British run Le Takeaway. I don't use Subway in the UK and certainly won't here Evil or Very Mad Rant over.
snow report
. . Subway - ouch. Mac Donalds next . .?

What kind of work are they doing on the Blue Claude . .?
snow report
@Belch, It's the new one built over the last 2 years, moving snow around ready to piste it I guess. I think it will probably be open as soon as resort opens, there should be enough snow for it Happy
ski holidays
@Claude B, at the risk of enraging you further, my son will be delighted to hear about Subway Laughing Great to hear more about the new blue though; looking forward to skiing it Very Happy
ski holidays
@Montana, Tell him Le Takeaway is far better Happy Although tbh I rarely eat there either, apart from pizza I'm not really a fast food fan.
snow conditions
Creperie du Centre for us...never tried Le Takeaway but will give it a go this time!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Claude B, Will it be a genuine 'run' or just a developed track to get you back to the vill? Hard to ascertain scale from the piccies . .

PS. Snow is looking great!
snow report
@Belch, it's massive, honestly. The landscaping work has taken a couple of years, like Claude says. It is, from a selfish ski-tw@t's perspective (in other words, mine) bloody ghastly, but from a commercial point of view it makes a lot of sense. It's practically a motorway, only a shade wider and without a central reservation.
ski holidays
I'll ski down it with the Contour on as soon as it's open Happy
ski holidays
Beautiful blue sky day today but very, very cold. Mist trying to bubble up from Venosc but I think the sun will win Happy

Just been round a friends place to do a couple of things for her, she's not here atm. The path up to her door didn't have a single footstep on it (it only serves 3 apartments) and the snow on it was about half a metre deep Shocked
latest report
This is her view which isn't too shabby Happy It shows how much snow there is in resort and on the Muzelle.

snow conditions
Claude B wrote:
snow on it was about half a metre deep Shocked

. .Nice!
snow report
Dull and overcast this morning and very light snow has just started to fall. Forecast to continue all day but not amounting to much. Tomorrow's forecast is a little better and I think I'm going to go over to ski at Alpe D'Huez which is open for the weekend. None of my mates here want to play though, they're all busy working on their places, which I ought to be doing too Happy Forecast for next week is much warmer.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 3-12-15 16:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
1st turns of the winter. 3 hours at Alpe D'Huez. Visibility not great and snowing lightly but snow is awesome Happy

snow report
Beautiful sunny day today and noticeably warmer. It was still -4C though when I drove up to the supermaket just after 9. Forecast is to stay like this most of the week. I'm busy painting and the sun warms the place up which is nice, the heaters aren't very good and cost a fortune to run. Countdown started to opening on Saturday Happy

A picture from my balcony of the main runs, etc coming back down to town
ski holidays
Keep the photos coming, @Claude B. Snow's looking good for Saturday's opening.
snow conditions
Very sunny this morning and it feels really warm on my balcony. However I just had a 20 minute walk to the boulangerie and back (nearest is closed on Wednesday) and I was pleased of my hat and wished I'd worn gloves.

I've looked at 3 different forecasts for Saturday opening and they're all different Shocked Will be warm though (all this week) and I hope the one forecasting sun is correct.

L2A may not be the prettiest resort but I never tire of this view of the Aiguille de Venosc taken up the main drag this morning.
ski holidays
Actually I'll modify that a bit, I just ate lunch on my balcony and could have quite easily sat in shorts and t shirt, it's scorching Shocked Won't be doing the snow much good Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy