Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to thank everyone that shared their wisdom - back from a fab week in La Plagne, the weather and the snow were both pretty brilliant, not sure we could have asked for more. Didn't manage to make it across the Vanoise express unfortunately, but had some great runs - particularly enjoyed Sources and Rochette - the latter is probably my new favourite run!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ski six, There won't be any reviews of Carlina chalets yet because they were new this season - my daughter is hosting for Crystal in Belle Plagne, in one of the Balcons chalets, and when they arrived at the start of the season they weren't even finished!
She says they are very nice chalet apartments, but the catering probably doesn't quite live up to the 'Finest' tag Crystal have given them.
From what I've seen of La Plagne (we got back yesterday from staying in the Balcons building), Belle Plagne is 'la plus belle' bit of La Plagne, not counting Montchavin and Montalbert
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Karin, much appreciated info. Hope your daughter is having a good time. How do Crystal look after the hosts? Anything they generally need or just a good tip?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crystal are much better at looking after their hosts than Inghams were when my son did his season two years ago.
Seriously, though, they appreciate tips, and people who don't necessarily want their rooms cleaning every day, so they can get out onto the slopes quicker.
You may find my daughter Lucy serving you breakfast one morning, as the hosts in Balcons cover for the Carlina hosts some mornings!
Hope you have a good holiday,
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll be in balcons 1 with a mate on Saturday for the week, and we're quite happy to not have our room cleaned at all. In exchange for extra dessert & wine of course!! 😉
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Driving in from GVA on Saturday. In the summer we always go via Annecy Lake but is it recommended to go via Chambery in the winter?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jenniper, I think there are arguments for both, costs more in petrol and tolls to go via Chambery, currently there are roadworks on the 'back' of the lake so there is a bit more congestion on the main road along the lake. Confused
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ian66, well you'll have my daughter looking after you all week then, that's her chalet!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@karin lovely, I'm going to age myself here by saying I hope she makes a nice cup of tea!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So we're back from a fantastic week in La Plagne last week, some of the best conditions we've ever had and Tuesday's unexpected powder day was incredible.

Attention has now naturally turned to our next trip out which will be the week before Easter.

I've found an apartment through www.laplagne-immobilier.com which looks good value. Has anyone ever booked through them before?

Also, they claim to be able to sell me a 6 day Parsdiski unlimited pass for €221 which is a significant discount against the full price of €291 - can this be true????
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@chopkins13, we've just come back too, and booked our apartment direct with the Balcons apartments in Belle Plagne. They offered us a similar deal if we bought the pass with the accommodation.
There were a couple of very minor catches - the pass was 6 days and we wanted 7, so they could add the extra day but it was actually 2 euros per person cheaper to go to the ticket office on our last day and add it ourselves. In retrospect we would have been better getting their 6 day pass starting Sunday, and buying a Samedi ski pass for our first day, which I believe is 30 euros not the 40 for an extra day added on. If you go for the extra day, make sure they realise it is the extension - the lift office originally tried to charge me for asingle day pass, which was 50 euros.
The other catch is that it is only a La Plagne pass, not Paradiski or Paradiski decouverte, so we paid 30 euros extra at the ticket office for our day in Les Arcs. I still think it all worked out less than buying a 7 day decouverte pass in resort. If you want the Les Arcs day, note that the extension has to be bought in the bit of resort where your pass came from, you can't ski down to the Vanoise and buy it there.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@karin, The website definitely says "Forfait adulte 6 jours Paradiski" and there's a separate line for "Forfait Adulte 6 jours La Plagne" - though interestingly they are both the same (discounted) price of €221 !!

Maybe the www.laplagne-immobilier.com offers are different to those of Les Balcons - anyone any experience with laplagne-immobilier?

Saturday skiing won't be an issue for us.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ian66, I don't have any complaints when she makes me tea wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chopkins13, I'd say go for it!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jenniper wrote:
Driving in from GVA on Saturday. In the summer we always go via Annecy Lake but is it recommended to go via Chambery in the winter?

We do the route from GVA regularly to Paradiski, almost invariably take the motorway route via Chambery as it is faster, but admittedly less scenic than going around the lake and then down to Albertville.
snow report
chopkins13 wrote:
So we're back from a fantastic week in La Plagne last week, some of the best conditions we've ever had and Tuesday's unexpected powder day was incredible.

Attention has now naturally turned to our next trip out which will be the week before Easter.

I've found an apartment through www.laplagne-immobilier.com which looks good value. Has anyone ever booked through them before?

Also, they claim to be able to sell me a 6 day Parsdiski unlimited pass for €221 which is a significant discount against the full price of €291 - can this be true????

Like you I couldn't believe the deals offered on the lift passes. A couple of years ago we worked out if we deducted the "standard" cost of 2 6J LP passes from the total charged for the apartment plus passes, the remainder equated to about €100 for the week's hire of the apartment, and that's in total, not per person!

The only minor irritation I found has been arriving in resort around lunchtime on a Saturday, the busiest "changeover day", and the agency office (in our case Immoplagne) shut for lunch... rolling eyes
latest report
@Mick_Br, thanks that's useful to know you've had a relatively good experience with them and the lift pass deal is genuine! Think we'll probably go for it! Our flight lands into GVA about 13:30 so will be near 17:00 by the time we arrive after picking up food shopping - hopefully they'll have finished their lunch by then!!!
snow report
As there seem to be 2 La Plagne threads running I will repost this from the other thread too...

Up in La Plagne the last couple of days. Off piste conditions not too bad - chalkiness in the shade, still some soft snow to be found, and sunnier aspects almost getting to spring snow!

On NF Bellecote Cairn was good on Weds - still soft snow, thinner than average but still variations possible. Canadians and PFN also getting a bit of traffic. Exit is good, though can't recommend the café just below the Centre Nordique (the usual one only opens next week) - we waited one hour and walked out still not having been given our food!

Bellecote bowl has lots of good stuff to play in/on still, Champagny side pistes were deserted in the most part and were still in good condition when we were heading back at close of play!

More photos and more detail here:

http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.fr/2016/01/steep-ski-coaching-jan-2016.html
ski holidays
Arrived in les Coches last night. Delighted to see it snowing all evening. Can't wait to get out there today! Always keen to hear hints & tips on where to go. Enjoy!
latest report
Still snowing here in 1800. Trees all white. Bangs going off all around. Could be a good day when the lifts open. snowHead
ski holidays
Played in the trees today to get a bit of definition. Unfortunately it was raining up to about 1500 so the snow down low was quite heavy. Took a run over to Peisey in the afternoon, snow better there and had a lot of fun off the Derby lift. Soaked through, but it was a great day despite that. Roll on tomorrow!
ski holidays
We had exactly the same day as you!
snow report
Can I still use my Paradiski 6 day pass for a day in Tignes? Presumably I just rock up at the Tignes lift pass office and grab my free lift pass? Will it get me over to Val?
snow conditions
@Jenniper, You need a voucher from a La Plagne lift pass office, ours was just a ticket printed out at the Champagny lift pass office.
You'll probably need your lift pass and proof of purchase before they will issue you a 'ticket' from the La Plagne ticket office.

It only applies to the Paradiski unlimited pass as opposed to the Paradiski discovery pass and should give you a pass for the full Espace Killy ski area..
ski holidays
About 18inches fell in LP during the 24 hours before we arrived.

Conditions should be good tomorrow

Here's the view from out chalet in PS this afternoon

snow report
Apparently they've done away with the free drags. The Chevrette in PV now needs a lift pass

EDIT Duff info from chalet staff. Chevrette is still free

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 1-02-16 12:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@skichampcouk, merci!
snow report
Clear skies this morning with cloud trapped in the bottom of the valley. I'd post a picture if I could work out how.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whereabouts are you @ian66?
snow report
I'm looking for a shared transfer or lift back to GVA next Sat from les Coches or Aime. If anyone in resort is able to point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.
Many thanks,
CW Happy
latest report
Hi @cardweg,

Probably worth taking a look at bensbus and altibus - both of whom do bus transfers from Aime to Geneva on a Sat.

Any help?
ski holidays
Well, a lovely day today, as long as you went high or kept to pistes in the sun - Champagny side particularly nice.
Low down was all ice-rinks and sideways-slidey rather than skiing.
Off piste also a no-no, unless you were particulary good or on a board: heavy snow with a thin crust on top. Lots of skiers floundering.

And lots of skiers unable to read sings or look around. Inversen run closed coz the lift back up wasn't running - we had lots of amusement sitting in the Inversen cafe watching people head down and then too late notice the lift not running. Heading back onto the Tunnel run was not easy.
Then again before Le France (Plagne Centre) there are big signs saying: "Stop! Do not descend: Bergerie lift closed", but still there were lots of skiers/boarders going right up to the lift and then looking bewildered.
snow conditions
@Jonpim, Do you know why Bergerie was closed?
ski holidays
Becoin was off and on today too. Busy in places today. In the sun was the place to be today. snowHead
ski holidays
Mr Bish, your tag says Staffordshire, but your posts suggest otherwise - are you on site?

boredsurfin, no idea what was wrong with Bergerie. Rossa kept stopping this afternoon for periods of 5-10 minutes - fortunately we were having a picnic then by the huts above Roc de Blanchet, being entertained by skiers coming through in the deep soft porridge between the pistes.
snow conditions
Can anyone point me in the direction of restaurant Chez Laurette?
latest report
First thing was like skiing on corrugated iron.

We're staying in Soleil and dropped down the back way to the Bergerie. It was not pleasant.

However, once the sun got on the pistes, it was some of the best conditions that I've skied on.

An added bonus was the Rochette bubble closing for about twenty minutes just after I'd reached the top.

I let everyone else ski off and then had the Mira all to my self
latest report
Here's the evidence

snow report
snow report
Count me amongst those who didn't notice the 'Bergerie Closed' sign at La France.

I came back up on the slow chair, skied back down to the pots, walked over the road to Chevrette in PV, dropped back down to the Aollets drag, took that to the top and skied under the Bergerie chair back to Monica's
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy