Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
Passes on sale La Plagne on sale from Sept 14th
10% disc on passes ordered before 01/11/15
25% disc on season pass before 01/12/15
http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Like a dog pissing on a tree. Marked for easy access. The thread moves as slow as the La Plagne lifts...... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@thefatcontroller, Yeah, why would anyone bother to ski there....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @boredsurfin, why have you started the thread for la plagne over here on this page? Does this mean there are going to be loads of different la plagne threads again. It seems much better to keep the chat all in one place for easy reference. Maybe you can move it over to the 'snow reports section' where it has always been! Just an idea, but up to you of course.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quite right @boredsurfin, we must advise everyone to ski elsewhere - far too much riff-raff in La Plagne as it is.

Any news on the Montalbert Gondola and re-instated Coq lift?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonpim, Quite,
Monty Gondola is on schedule for opening this coming season.
Unfortunately, Coqs replacement is only rumoured for 2016/7 there hasn't been any official confirmation Sad

snowcrazy, we seldom do actual snow reports...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As a fully paid up member of the riff-raff, I do hope to get the chance to ski there again.

(And to think, I used to hate the place!)

snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right then. All booked up for La Plagne end of January!

Can I please have some recommendations for mountain restaurants? We'll be staying in Les Coches. Have skied in Les Arcs quite a bit but have never ventured over to LP in the winter.

Also, I've been looking at the lift prices and I'm wondering about the four-hour pass - can you buy one at any time of the day or are they specific to a morning or an afternoon?

Thanks all. Very excited!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jenniper, the four hour pass is was it says, four hours skiing from the moment you pass through the first lift gate - not restricted to time of day.

As for mountain restaurants on the La Plagne side, there's a good value stop above Montchavin at the top of the Plan Bois lift (can't recall the name I'm afraid!). There's also a good place in La Plagne 1800 (again don't recall the name but it's right on the piste) and then my favourite on a sunny day is La Matafen in Belle Plagne (piste side in village rather than mountain restaurant mind).

A good stop for an afternoon drink / crepe in the sun is the place half way down the Arpette piste (http://arpettelaplagne.fr/) but watch the prices, ouch! Also there's the place at the top of the Dou Du Praz which again is fantastic in the afternoon sun!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lovely - thanks!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jenniper, Theres a guide of sorts to restaurants here, although we haven't updated it ....
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34049&start=80#2506554

Lots more LP info here http://www.perso-laplagne.fr mainly in French but Google Translate can hep.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, chopkins13, you obviously flush with the Euros. Both the Montchavin and the-place-halfway-down-the-Arpette-piste are seriously overpriced. To be avoided.
The place at the bottom of Dos Rond - top of Plan Bois - is however not bad.
I presume the place you are thinking off in Plagne 1800 is Petit Chaperon Rouge - also not bad.

As boredsurfin suggests, we should update the La Plagne Pit-Stop Thread. I still go for The Bergerie as good end-of-day place, but not so good of you are staying in Les Coches.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You will enjoy a fine lunch here. http://www.champagny.com/en/winter/guide/leisure-and-pursuit/gastronomy/restaurants-on-the-slopes/restaurant-les-borseliers-100339.html

Another vote for Arpette on the way home to Belle Plagne, a wee Génépy or five to guide me home.

Bring on the first two weeks in January.

Happy days Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jonpim, as a Yorkshire man I have 'thrift' in my blood. However, I very quickly learnt that unless I was able to put this aside for a week, skiing simply would not be enjoyable - from the over priced car hire at GVA, the shocking parking charges, lift passes, equipment requirements and après, I find I have a much more enjoyable holiday if I don't look at the prices of things!!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ah, chopkins13, how right you are! And we all probably have as much emotional reasons as sensible practical reasons for the restaurants/bars we choose.
Few are really so bad as to Avoid-at-all-costs (except maybe the place opposite the top of the Bellecote gondola).
And always worth mentioning: the wonderful crepes from the booth at the bottom of gondola out of Champagny. Not to be missed.
snow report
@Jenniper, Le Sauget at the top of the Montchavin chair is good value (or was a couple of years ago) and a bit off the beaten track so never seemed to be overly busy. Chalet du Friolan has a great outside terrace and good food, though more expensive. You have to book that one but the location is fantastic. Le Chalet des Verdons Sud does a great hot chocolate and is another great location. And another vote for the crepes at the bottom of the gondola. It's a great trip over there too, the champagny sector is one of my favourite parts of La Plagne, and always seems to be really quiet too.
snow conditions
Hello everyone (waves)

For cheap and cheerful - although not on the piste - I would recommend Domino's (not the chain) in the Plagne Centre galleries. It's inside and pretty much only sells pizza so is a bit niche but it's really good! Walk into the galleries from the piste, turn right past the lift pass office and keep going right to the end.

Over in Montchavin/Les Coches the Plein Soleil is worth a go. Decent food and vin chaud in mugs!!

Not-restaurant-related but there seems to be a plan this winter to have a zip line thingy over by Belle Plagne. Apparently it was there this summer and is staying for winter. Has anyone tried it? Any good?
ski holidays
@Snow and Sunshine, This is the current zip-wire I believe: http://www.elpro-la-plagne.com/activities/giant-zip-line-winter

Looks like a bit of a rip-off for what you get - very short! Seems to cross more of a ditch than a 'valley' as advertised!!

Think I'll keep my euro's for over-priced beers on the mountain wink
snow conditions
Gämsbock, i'm afraid Le Sauget has changed management and is a shadow of its former self. No longer worth the effort.

Snow and Sunshine, we stopped going to the Plein Soleil when the German/Austrian team left and it stopped serving Kaiserschmarrn.
But if they are now doing Vin Chaud in mugs, we'll give it another go this season.
latest report
New link for the Montalbert webcam

http://laplagne.roundshot.com/montalbert/
latest report
@boredsurfin, Thank You! Wondered what had happened to the webcams!
latest report
chopkins13, I'm not sure if its a change for good or only temporary, but last time they changed the camera they left the old one on as well - and didn't tell anyone about the new one. Sad
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, I wonder what the new crane half way up the hill is doing? The new Montablert gondola looks complete save for the cabins (confirmed here: http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm) Could the crane be doing something for the drag lift which is to serve the stadium run into Montablert??
ski holidays
@chopkins13, The crane is an odd one, its too big for moving Pylons, its more the size they usually use for buildings....unless they are building a new timing hut for the stadium just there.

or from Perso-plagne forum

Quote:
Une passerelle pour passer au dessus de la piste du Gentil serait-elle en construction?

A bridge to pass over the runway of the Gentile would it be under construction?
snow report
@boredsurfin, ahhhh yes that looks like what it could be, the earth they've moved up there definitely suggesting banking to support a bridge... I'm out there in January and looking forward to seeing the finished product! Also intrigued to see the seemingly massive new development they've started to squeeze in right on the piste between Plagne Soleil and Plagne Villages!!
snow report
So what's the difference (other than price) between 'Unlimited Paradiski' and 'Discovery Paradiski' ?
snow report
@martinm, Discovery only allows you one day in Les Arcs out of your 6 day pass. Unlimited is what it says, unlimited days in La Plagne and Les Arcs.
snow conditions
chopkins13, Pictures of the new tunnel here
http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2798&p=93969#p93969
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jenniper, I've lived in Les Coches for 8 seasons and IMHO there are many more restaurants to choose from on the LP side than the LA side. I'll be living back there this year after a three year break. Get in touch closer to the date and I'll push you in the right direction.

For anyone interested in matters Les Coches I've just heard that Manu has sold the Roxor bar rolling eyes
latest report
@boredsurfin, wow, bit more of a serious civil engineering project than it looks from the webcam! Hope they get this all finished before winter sets in!
snow conditions
@chopkins13, also surprising that the construction of a tunnel under the piste hasn't been mentioned before now!
As for it being finished on time, somehow it will be but the question is will it work, from previous experience of new lifts I doubt it will be without a significant number of stoppages before it settles down. I hope I hope I'm wrong as I am there from day 1 😀
ski holidays
@gravystuffing, nice one -thanks.
latest report
@gravystuffing, I have the opposite view but I suspect it's choice at a set level you are referring to. If you want the more up scale stuff I think LA wins hands down. I think LP has a lot more 'serve-yourself' range of establishments but I've never found one there I would make a specific journey to go back to whereas in LA there are several I have returned to e.g. : http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1118194-d1331110-Reviews-Belliou_La_Fumee-Les_Arcs_Bourg_Saint_Maurice_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html
snow conditions
I've recently had an email through from Edenski saying that online ski pass sales are now available.

More details here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=81248&highlight=
ski holidays
Yes, skichampcouk, got my email today too.
Another jolly step on the way to the new season skiing snowHead

As you say: season pass will be actually a bit cheaper than last year due to favourable exchange rate.
And of course, another good reason for sticking with one resort: with a six day unlimited pass costing 290€ (£214) and a season unlimited pass costing 795€ (£588), then, if skiing 3 weeks or more, you're better off getting the season pass.
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, from the webcam today ( http://laplagne.roundshot.com/montalbert/ ) it seems the bridge / tunnel they are building is simply to carry the new drag lift which is to serve the Stadium run over the existing blue piste - makes sense I suppose.
ski holidays
@chopkins13, ah yes indeed, that makes sense, I see they have put the pylons in for it now. I had forgotten that lift was going to be put back.
snow report
First snow of the season forecast for Montalbert all day Thursday and Friday morning, lets hope its the beginning of a good season snowHead
http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
snow report
Discounts on passes
Quote:
Plagne autoSki
20€ saved on a la plagne intégrale day pass if there are at least 3 people in the car! Day pass for 30€ instead of 50€. Valid wednesday, saturday, sunday and bank holidays from the aime Vallée “amEDI JE SKIEdrive-through” lift pass office. passes must be paid for in a single payment. Info : + 33 (0)4 79 09 67 00 www.plagneautoski.com
samedijeskie
save up to 50% with a la plagne intégrale day pass, i.e. 25€ instead of 50€. how it works: print out a voucher from www.samedijeskie.com on wednesdays (or have the voucher sent to your email address, or smartphone) and present it when buying a ski pass for the following saturday from the paradiski ski pass offices.
Info : + 33 (0)4 79 09 67 00 www.samedijeskie.com
snow conditions
Montalbert Gondola nearly finished pictures from Perso plagne forum

http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2798&p=94359#p94353
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy