Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
@Jonpim, 1st day for us today, we managed to get out of and back to Champagny today although the snow isn't great in the Champagny area, I think they are marking the runs as closed to try to preserve them.
This morning we skied down to the Verdons Sud lift and then up and on to Plagne centre, it is a bit of a track down to either the Verdons sud or Borselliers lift but it is also possible to get into La Plagne on the Rossa lift and then skiing down towards Killis.
On the way back from Roche de Mio we took the track from the top part of Levasset towards the top of the Rossa lift, shortly before the drop down towards the Carella lift, even though the signs said the track was closed and it means a bit of a climb up to La Rossa.
We then went down the Rossa blue which was a bit patchy in places but still passable.
I think they should keep things going for Christmas week and hopefully the temperature gets lower before New Year so they can switch the artificial snow on.
Had some good skiing on the higher runs in La Plagne, Inversens was pretty good and the runs down from Grande Rochette weren't bad either, didn't make the glacier, maybe try that tomrrow.
If you are around tomorrow we could meet up for a coffee, I think I have Jean's number so will send you a text.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the updates guys. I'm snow dancing like a savage ready for my NY trip. I hope the crowds this week don't polish the runs off too much. Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1. 25 of us heading out on the 3rd, staying in Les Coches.

Every forecast I look at seems contradict the others. What are the locals saying? They tend to have a better idea.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apparently it's pap
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is no snow forecast by Meteo France for the next 10 days below 2000m. There is rain forecast below 2000m on 21st. in the pm.

General consensus is that its not as bad as last Christmas and there are still some good runs to be had - top of Tunnel was particularly good at lunchtime today.

Clear blue sky all day today so if that holds then temperatures should drop enough for snowmakers to stay on all night which should help...
Bonus is that there are no lift queues to be seen, I guess all the Sunday visitors didn't bother.

Meet France: http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210 when reading bear in mind this forecast is for 1250 meters
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
KennyEverett, the locals aren't saying much. The sunshine is lovely, enjoy it while you can.

The local radio station today was predicting tomorrow would be cloudy and a little cooler, with 5-10 cm snow above 2000m and rain below.
Meteoexploration has similar forecast, but Meteoblue suggests otherwise.
Hey ho. We wait and see . . .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow falling above 2000m snowHead
but rain below Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Day 5. Well, we got the cloud (and associated flat light) but snow 5-10cm? 5-10 µm more likely. And miserable drizzle down here in 1800.
Slopes much busier, and some runs now to be avoided if at all possible, like the run down from the tunnel towards Belle Plagne: getting very stony.
Return of sunshine is forecast for tomorrow.
Tomorrow we intend to go out mid-day for the quiet 2 hour lunch period. Then give skiing a miss on Wednesday and go our for a drive to Annecy or Cite Medievale de Conflans (old bit of Albertville).
Sorry to admit it, but we're quite glad to be flying back to UK on Thursday.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Better than nothing - The snow will come
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
Snow falling above 2000m snowHead
but rain below Sad

This is why I'm glad that we always stay in PS or PV.

The Bergerie lift in PC and the main bowl in PB are as low as I need to go.

I still haven't been to 1800 or La Roche on skis

Hopefully the snow will be good enough for me to get down to Montalbert when I'm over in early Feb

Thanks to whoever gave the Bergerie webcam a kick to get it working.

The only bare bit that would affect me is the Du Dou Praz drag in order to access the back way into PS
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ukredsox, Thanks for the heads up on the Bergerie webcam being back online! Always my favourite to check!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was expecting it to be much busier. Wonder if people have been put off this year
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chrisrawles, are you there? or just looking at the webcams? It is lunch time don't forget so the pistes will be empty round about now - especially if they're not in great condition as people will be more inclined to take longer lunches.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chopkins13, No just looking on the cams as heading out on Boxing day. I check throughout the day and so far it seems relatively quiet considering the time of year.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Bellecote video webcam is a good one for judging how busy things are

http://pv.viewsurf.com/?id=60
ski holidays
Look likes ants zooming about
ski holidays
Snow is pretty rubbish today according to mouth
snow conditions
Davidof puts it very well on the Weather Thread: a slow death.
They switched the Snow Cannons on here in La Plagne last night to help save Christmas and New Year, but each day it all gets a little bit worse.
After a mild gloomy day yesterday, the lower slopes are all hard with little hope of getting some grip. There will be accidents.
There are some good bits, but few runs are now without a stony section somewhere.
However, the weather is marvelous: bright sunshine in a clear blue sky.
So, just leave your own skis at home: hire some, stop worrying about the slopes and enjoy the glorious sunshine.
Ski a bit, sunbathe a lot, and you'll all have a wonderful time. snowHead
ski holidays
There is still good skiing and good snow to be had, but pistes in high traffic areas are very thin icy and stony. This was today at 12ish above Bellecote
The pistes away from villages are relatively quiet, I think many are staying away, but having said that the crowds usually arrive after Christmas day...

[img]
[/img]
snow conditions
And heres one for those with good memory's, as the there are stones and nasty bits I got some old ski's out from the back of the cupboard...
Wear The Fox Hat will be pleased...
ski holidays
So stupidly i've already paid to bring my own skis.
With that in mind, can anyone reccomend a shop that will service my skis over night the evening i arrive on the 2nd? (Belle Plagne)
ski holidays
Anyone out in la plagne at the moment? We are flying out on Boxing Day. Just wondered what the condition where like? I seen they had 5 cm of snow fall last night? Hoping this is true and there's more to come.
snow report
@A new addict, We are flying out boxing day as well. Which airport and TO you going with?
snow report
Tom B82, If conditions continue as they are now, then i would leave your skis in their bag and hire.
But, if suggestions from the Weather Thread pan out, your problem might be actually getting here.
When you arrive, they are all good in Belle Plagne - just go to the place nearest to where you are staying.
snow report
Quote:

Tom B82, If conditions continue as they are now, then i would leave your skis in their bag and hire.

But, if suggestions from the Weather Thread pan out, your problem might be actually getting here.

When you arrive, they are all good in Belle Plagne - just go to the place nearest to where you are staying.

As you say i'll be renting if there is no new snow, but i thought i'd go for a positive attitude and ask the question.
snow report
Gatwick-Geneva Swiss international staying in Aime 2000.
snow report
Just chatting to two of Montalberts ESF instructors of mature years who both agreed that they can't remember an Xmas being this bad with NO snow forecast!
We are off down the valley shopping today ...
snow conditions
@Jonpim, Safe journey home tomorrow, those Hob Nobs remain in their packet again snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Those of you still in resort or who have just left, is it worth getting the full lift pass and getting over to Peisey side or not? I have purposely held off buying the passes to see what the conditions will be like.

Thanks in advance
snow conditions
@chrisrawles, Anything below 1800 is really rough and obviously the Vanoise Express is below that so the pistes down to it are manmade and looking across the valley the same applies, we have only been down as low as Dos Rond - that was low enough.
I will be surprised if the connection from Montalbert to La Plagne lasts more than 2 or 3 more days Confused
In your shoes I would still hold off and buy passes when you get here.
snow report
We're in Plagne Villages at the moment, our skis are in a very sad state so try to rent. Wish I had as I'll have hours of extra work when we're back home to get them back into reasonable nick. The only run that's not stoney or an ice sheet is the Dos Rond blue run. The rest is a combination boiler-plate/stone/grass. It's passenger-skiing (skating across ice or getting thrown when catching stones) and pretty shocking really. There's not even enough snow for the drag-lifts, at least 80% of them are shut.

Ironically, some of the runs in best condition are the tree runs as they've got artificial snow-making and are shaded. However, when usually you may have a choice of routes e.g. going down to the Vanoise Express, there's only now 1 route for everybody.

We went to Les Arcs yesterday, again rocks pretty much everywhere with most of the lower down tree-runs between Arc 1800 and Valandry/Plan Peisey closed. Champagny's pretty much shut too.

Get used to the thin snow and stones banners. There's so little snow that the drainage trenches that cross the pistes are now regular jumps...

But it's still better than being at work!
snow report
@boredsurfin, I think we will just stay local and head as high as possible. By the sounds of it the weather is turning everywhere in to a walking holiday.
snow conditions
@jd_evans, Yep, a good description of the current state of the pistes, some of those drainage ditches come as a surprise as well wink Embarassed
@chrisrawles, The younger members of our party have gone off hiking taking a picnic today, I think they made a good choice, I'm here baking cakes - well, helping the boss bake...
Local forecast has some snow for 28th/29th and then looks like 3rd of 4th Jan will be the turning point. Heres hoping.
http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210 thats for 1250 always check the iso and "Limite pluie/neige' lines snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 24-12-15 14:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Could be nice for my 10th arrival then. Everything crossed (except tips...) Toofy Grin
latest report
I'd like to book a dumperama for around 17>27 Jan, then a couple of quite days to clear the roads, another dump on the afternoon/night of 31 Jan and then bluebird for a week.

Thank you in advance
snow report
Went for a little pootle about before lunch, conditions are much the same. Not very busy anywhere, we went down towards Champagny and came back over on Verdons. Much credit to the pisteures on that sector. The man made pistes were commendable.
I think there is only one track open connecting Aime 2k to Plagne centre, that may get interesting if the usual New Year crowds arrive. There are signs that the river that flows through the snow front of Plagne centre may be making an appearance.
Hopefully the snow that has been added to the forecast for the 29th and onwards does appear.

The Paradiski Yuge app appears to be quite good even though it won't accept my pass number.
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
The Paradiski Yuge app appears to be quite good even though it won't accept my pass number.
Ditto. I'm using a pass that I've had for several years (might be one of the first season passes I had for the area), so I wonder if it's too old to be recognised? Anyone in your family using a newer pass that has been accepted?
snow conditions
Pissing down here in Edinburgh - right miserable.
Going for a hike in the mountains in bright sunshine seems a much better idea . . .
snow conditions
@rob@rar, Yep, my ski pass account and thus the card numbers is a good few years old but one pass is newer and it works...

With around 60% of the pistes closed, the lift co has reduced prices from today
see facebook for details https://www.facebook.com/LaPlagne/?fref=nf
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
@rob@rar, Yep, my ski pass account and thus the card numbers is a good few years old but one pass is newer and it works...
Have you spoken to the Tourist Office to see if they can fix it? It's not a big deal as I don't need to use the app, but I might call in to the Les Arcs TO when I'm back in 10 days to see if they are aware of the problem.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy