Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2015/2016

Poster: A snowHead
Cheers all, I'm actually going with my brothers family so don't know all the details but I understand that we're not on a bus route (and with kids in tow driving is probably a bit easier.

Is the car park under the Pleney called Parking Joux Plane?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Avoriaz pass for avoriaz workers, with contract at a business address within the town. 90 Euros a month in 14/15. Didn't seem easy to obtain though!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Perhaps they have a load of small children and all their stuff to heavy around and it might be easier by car,

@Handy Turnip, if it is February half term you are talking about then I imagine that car parking spaces are at a premium and it may be easier to take the bus, that is if you happen to have a bus stop near your accommodation.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@matteevan90, thanks for the info, doesn't sound promising then.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Handy Turnip, from what I can gather, no, the Joux Plaine parking is rather inconveniently elsewhere.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Joux plane parking around 200m from pleney. No great stretch. Additional parking underneath tourist office also, around 200 spaces and the same 200m walk. You won't get it any of those with a roof box though, 2.1m height limits on all.

Realistically there's 600ish covered spaces in the town centre, with the option to drive to ardent/prodains if you want to head further afield. Ardent = free, prodains = paid for
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pamski, you're right it is half term. My brother is keen to get a week's parking booked up now as we completely understand that parking will be at a premium.

Thanks matteevan90 and everyone for your answers - I assume that parking at Plane or the tourist office is the closest to the Pleney lift and I'm not missing a closer or better alternative? (Apart from the bus obviously!! Very Happy )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Handy Turnip, there is a car park under the Pleney lift but I can't find any details online. When it was the old lift it was pretty small. The TO car park would allow easier access to Super Morzine if that's also of interest and isn't a longer walk than Joux Plane. Booking very definitely a good idea.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers @under a new name, I thought there was a car park under the pleney lift but am struggling to find the name of it too. Looks like it'll have to be either the TO or Joux Plane car parks.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Handy Turnip, technically, it's on the route de telepherique. It may not exist post works.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is still a car park under the Pleney lift, I parked there in the summer when it's free. In the winter it is about 10 Euro's for the day, I'm not sure if you can book in advance, though you definitely can book the one by the tourist office. I think there is 180 spaces in the one under Pleney and I didn't have a problem parking my minibus in there, although the height limit is about 2metres as someone mentioned.
Remember there is also free parking at Nyon and it's easy to ski from the top of the lift back down to Pleney if you have to get there for ski lessons etc.
You can also park on the main road outside Pleney for 5 euro's, you just have to get there early. But people aren't allowed to park there over night in case it snows, so I've always managed to park there opposite the ski school, but I haven't tried during half term or New year.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks @doddsie, that's really useful info. Parking under the Pleney would be ideal, but with it being half term (and with kids in tow), I think my brother will want to pre-book. Cheers again
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New long blue run going up in Lindarets/ Avoriaz-'Blue Velvet' the marker I saw said 87!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Nadenoodlee, along with the 6 seat replacement for the current 3 seat Brochaux lift. About time too IMO
http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?s=639b0771623e98516c93ad234f731684&showtopic=23694
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow snowHead

http://m.webcam-hd.com/chatel/morclan
snow conditions
To carry on with the tradition of posting here about subjects other than weather, I've just received an e mail from one of the Les Gets chalet companies saying that, for this season there is a new piste on the back of Chavannes and another off Ranfoilly. Anyone have any further info on this?
ski holidays
@Wrekingirl,
Found this http://www.lesgets.com/medias/docs/presse/DP_Hiver_GB.pdf
Relevant bit
"NEW SKI RUNS DESIGNED TO PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT
The Les Gets area is fortunate to have many wet land areas providing an important natural habitat for local flora and fauna. In order to reconcile skiing and the sensitive preservation of this mountain environment, specific measures have been introduced, notably in the creation of new pistes in the ski area. The most recent is “Cyclamens” located on the back of Chavannes.
The area has been landscaped to limit negative impact on the natural environment, tree drop zones have been increased to avoid carrying them too far, transport routes have been redesigned… In addition, the logging has enabled wooded areas to return to pasture (which has become rarer as the forest increases in size) providing more grazing in summer and an increased stock of wood for the wood-fired village heating.
And, as with the "Cyclamens" piste, the new "Arnica" piste at Ranfoilly and the freeride zone at Rosta have been carefully designed to ensure that the sensitive local environment is preserved. As always, the aim is to increase the pleasure of skiing in harmony with preservation of the natural environment."
snow conditions
Thanks @Timc, you did better on google than I did ! I'm stil trying to work out where the pistes are running, guess I may have to wait until the piste map is revised.
snow report
@Wrekingirl,
This was a really obscure Google http://www.lesgets-mairie.eu/content/download/5615/38922/file/Conseil%20Municipal%20du%20lundi%20%2018%20mai%20%202015.pdf that gives a bit more info

M. Fabrice TROMBERT – Président, expose au Conseil Municipal les travaux de la commission des pistes.
Le Conseil Municipal donne son accord pour la réalisation au programme 2015 des travaux suivants :
- la piste Bleuet entre la Mouille au Blé et la Mouille Ronde, le chemin piéton est maintenu sur un itinéraire bis,
- la piste Chardon Bleu entre Nabor et les Folliets,
- la création d’un canyon à la Rosta en utilisant le terrain naturel,
- le déboisement en vue de la création d’un itinéraire sous la Mouille au Chat.
- le débroussaillage des secteurs hors-pistes entre la Rosta et les Grains d’Or,
latest report
Can anyone help with Morzine lift passes.

I need to get lift passes for myself, 2 kids (8 and 4) and my wife, if only it was that simple.

I can figure out the passes for myself and 8 yr old as they are just 6 day passes, but this is where the fun starts.

Does anyone know if/how i get a pass for the 4 year old ? From what i can see he should be free but simple question does he need a pass and how do you get the pass ? Also my wife wont be skiing but will want to meet us at the top of the Pleney - can you buy the pedestrian passes online ?
ski holidays
Some of that sounds rather fun, an itineraire and a bit of glading (following Pleney's footsteps ...) - could be nice.
latest report
The 4 year old doesn't need a pass, just ducks under the turnstile. Yes you can buy a pedestrian pass, think it's about 70 euros for a week.
snow conditions
If you book your passes before the end of the month (October) you get a 20% discount I think.

In terms of the 4 year olds pass. In Val Cenis last year they needed a pass - you just had to pay the 2 or 3€ for the actual lift pass card. Not sure how it is in Les Gets but shouldn't take long to sort in resort.
snow report
Yup I booked my Morzine/Les Gets for 20% off, offer runs until Oct 31st, minimum is 6 days.

http://www.ski-morzine.com/index.php?_lang=GB&&moid=117&alias=vente-en-ligne&function=wtscommande&offre=WTSOFFER:4ztwpqw27if3
snow report
@Vessigaud, did you bother to read the website?

Like the bit that says, "- Children : from 5 to 15 included"

http://en.morzine-avoriaz.com/skipass.html

and "Pedestrians/xc skiers 6 days €64"
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@Vessigaud, did you bother to read the website?

Like the bit that says, "- Children : from 5 to 15 included"

http://en.morzine-avoriaz.com/skipass.html

and "Pedestrians/xc skiers 6 days €64"

Yes, but thought I'd get better advice on here rolling eyes

The thought of pushing an independent 4yr old through barriers all holiday doesn't exactly fill me with joy. Was wondering if they got a free card to make life easier.
ski holidays
@Vessigaud, that wasn't the question you asked...

I'm going to guess so, as if there's a lot of snow, the barriers have been known to be rather close to the ground and even for a 4 year old tricky to get under.

I don't know about pedestrian passes online but I don't see you couldn't.
snow report
Another question this time on ski schools

I'm trying to find lessons for my 8 year old and 4 year old in Morzine, however because we aren't going in half term it seems to be a bit of a challenge. All schools with native English speakers either aren't running group lessons or have put us on a wait list to see if they get more demand. I tried BASS and they've recommended easy2ride who are running lessons.

Does anyone have any experience with easy2ride or smaller ski schools that a Google may have missed ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Vessigaud, try all of them until you find one that is running groups...

SkiBeyond, PDS Academy, Avoriaz Alpine, The Snow Institute..
snow report
@vessigaud, I've used Easy2ride for the kids twice. Although the office speak good English, some of the instructors English was fairly basic. They made good progress though so I would be happy to recommend. A word of warning, 1st time we booked out of term time in March, no problems, second time in Jan but there were not enough numbers to run courses, so we decided to switch to kids private lessons with easy2ride instead as their levels were similar. Sorry typing on an iPhone (never good).
latest report
If you are going down the private lessons route Helena McClintock is a brilliant (fully qualified on French and Brit systems) instructor and fantastic with children.
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
If you are going down the private lessons route Helena McClintock is a brilliant (fully qualified on French and Brit systems) instructor and fantastic with children.

Ski Beyond snowHead
snow conditions
The two new pistes (Cyclamen and Arnica) are shown on the new piste map http://en.lesgets.com/medias/docs/glisse/Plan-des-Pistes-Gets-Morzine.pdf

This shows Arnica as a new red that goes under the Mouille au Chat chair down into the Ranfoilly bowl. (hmm... a run named after a homeopathic remedy for bruising???? )

Cyclamens is a Blue that goes from the top of the Nauchets Express Chair and around the back of the Indian Village (meeting Bleuet and down into LesGets).
snow report
Thanks all - few more emails sent Very Happy
snow conditions
@jamescollings, so "Arnica" just formalises the slightly scrappy route under the Nauchets chair that was only really good in really light snow?
ski holidays
Hi all, just looked at the new map and wondered if anyone knows about the blue C5 (Chardon Bleu). Does this link from Pleney to Les Gets via folliets du golf or do you need to take the belvedere lift to get across to Les Gets?

I seem to have seen this before on piste maps but never seen how to get across ?

Thanks..
ski holidays
@p20pjd, yes if you take the Chardon Bleu you can avoid any lifts. You come out just above the Folliets lift. It can get a bit slow as rather flat but we often take it when its busy.
snow conditions
@p20pjd, Chardon Bleu is one of those pistes that you have to do just to find out how to get there when you need it. Personally it's too flat to enjoy and can involve a lot of poling if it's soft. But if it's the end of the day and there's a long queue for the Belvedere, or you want to avoid most of Crocus above the Folliets lift or avoid the "Rock the Pistes" it is as @Pamski, said useful to know. Also useful if you are pushing the limits on time getting back to LG from a day out in Avoriaz etc. as it does give the direct run from Pleney to Les Gets without having to use Belvedere.
@p20pjd, the entrance to the run does take a bit of looking for, as it's not entirely obvious.
snow conditions
Many thanks @timc That seems like a better option than taking the belvedere as it's such a slow lift (although a stunning ride up on a nice day).

Where abouts does the entrance to the piste 'appear' ?

Many thanks,
Paul
snow report
@p20pjd, From memory, it's entrance is near the bottom of the Nabor lift.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy