Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal reps are useless

Poster: A snowHead
@Lizzard,

Put it this way, all of the TO's changing over over this w/end knew that delays were highly probable. A couple of packs of water slung in luggage hold would've been gold dust in terms of keeping punters sweet. Your 'F'k you. they're your kids' approach would be extremely harmful re. customer satisfaction.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

See if I had young kids I'd consider drinks and snacks for them my job rather than that of the TO.

true, but if theres a huge delay then the TO should be stepping in to help, and they should have the experience and forethought to have some "comfort" rations. Is this not the reason why we go with TO? So we are not left high and dry?

Should they really? If I paid a TO a fortune for "ultimate luxury in opulent surroundings" I might agree, but when there is obviously going to be delays, as in this weekend, why don't travellers carry water and food themselves. Just in case. We always do. Whats the worst than can happen? we chuck some sarnies in the bin.

I have no idea why you won't go with a TO?

We always do, and in 28 trips have had one truly awful experience.

With Crystal!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Your 'F'k you. they're your kids' approach

its her attitude to any situation IMO...seems to forget that customers have paid for a service. Given the advance warning of the weather then the TO should have had tried to make the situation more comfortable for their customers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowHead tradition dictates that a/the Crystal rep/CEO should appear on here soon to give "their version of the truth"

Or has that already happened?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="Shimmy Alcott"]
Quote:

should have had tried to make the situation more comfortable for their customers.

Many do, some don't. You pays ya money............ wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@thecramps, they are being paid to get their customers to their destination - if they have advance warning of really bad weather conditions (they did) then it would make sense to have contingency plans for huge delays. I dont think some water and basic snacks are much of an ask in this kind of situation. It would make basic commercial sense.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure that a few water bottles would do anything more than create more trouble, unless there was enough for everyone on the coach, which of course takes up space. If in the hold probably inaccessible for most of the time, and not sure where it could be on the bus itself without removing seating options. 10 bottles on a 70 seater would be worse than none IMHO.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="Mollerski"]
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

should have had tried to make the situation more comfortable for their customers.

Many do, some don't. You pays ya money............ wink

indeed. Hence not using them since years. More fools them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Randomsabreur, fine in the hold, easily accessible in the case of hours and hours of delays
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gosh that escalated quickly....

I am certainly not blaming Crystal for the snow or the traffic. It is their communication that could be improved upon and their knowledge of resorts and how to get there. We are in Les arcs and I asked if the funicular was running, one of the reps hadn't even heard of it.
We spoke to a local taxi driver who had just driven down the mountain, we jumped in and he took us straight up the hill. Crystal were saying the no traffic was moving. We still haven't heard from anyone from Crystal. We were the lucky ones yesterday and I appreciate some people had much worse journeys.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
70 seater
I don't think they do double decker transfer coaches Laughing .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@k1orange, reps will be new to the resorts, but should have been more clued up. It may have been that coaches weren't being allowed up or down.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Randomsabreur wrote:
Not sure that a few water bottles would do anything more than create more trouble, unless there was enough for everyone on the coach, which of course takes up space. If in the hold probably inaccessible for most of the time, and not sure where it could be on the bus itself without removing seating options. 10 bottles on a 70 seater would be worse than none IMHO.

Mr. Pedantic.

Chuck on enough and shove 'em where ever. You could lose 55x500ml bottles in a luggage bay and guess what? Delays occur 'coz the bus is not moving! wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"We have taken 8 hours to get from Albertville to Moutiers. You will probably have to spend the night in a church hall. people going back will not be moving till Monday, but never mind. I have a bottle of water for you."

snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Or, "we're sorry for the time it has taken so far but we have a fleet of Chinooks waiting in the supermarket car park to whisk you all up to your hotel/chalet/apartment. Don't forget to collect your water and pretzels as you get off the bus". Laughing
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
Randomsabreur wrote:

Mr. Pedantic.

Chuck on enough and shove 'em where ever. You could lose 55x500ml bottles in a luggage bay and guess what? Delays occur 'coz the bus is not moving! wink

Generally when I've been stuck on the road going nowhere, it's been moving a little bit, enough that groping around the depths of a coach hold would not be appropriate... Not like the water would be at the front, but would blatently be behind 12 suitcases etc, and the traffic in front would start moving just as the driver got out.

Better to have decent stocks (or better still hot drink facilities) at the depot locations to be handed out when changing bus or waiting for a while. A crawling Autoroute/snowy road isn't a place to be getting off the bus!
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
@thecramps, they are being paid to get their customers to their destination - if they have advance warning of really bad weather conditions (they did) then it would make sense to have contingency plans for huge delays. I dont think some water and basic snacks are much of an ask in this kind of situation. It would make basic commercial sense.

Quite true, but difference is I realise that when I am paying budget prices I expect budget service. If I paid top notch I would whinge, but most Crystal holidays are budget, so rule 5 applies.

We've been praying for snow for weeks, and now we get some, people are complaining.

Man up or write to the Daily Mail.

You take extra stuff, and I agree that maybe TO's should plan better sometimes, but you get what you pay for, so expecting them too provide is too much IMV. The better ones will, but others won't. My point is, if you pay budget, don't expect 1st class.

Complaining about stuff when you have arrived, whether you did it yourself or your TO got you there seems a bit desperate to me.
ski holidays
@Shimmy Alcott, and being someone who "would never use a TO", why bother in this thread anyway?
latest report
thecramps wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

Quite true, but difference is I realise that when I am paying budget prices I expect budget service. If I paid top notch I would whinge, but most Crystal holidays are budget, so rule 5 applies.

We've been praying for snow for weeks, and now we get some, people are complaining.

Man up or write to the Daily Mail.

You take extra stuff, and I agree that maybe TO's should plan better sometimes, but you get what you pay for, so expecting them too provide is too much IMV. The better ones will, but others won't. My point is, if you pay budget, don't expect 1st class.

Complaining about stuff when you have arrived, whether you did it yourself or your TO got you there seems a bit desperate to me.

+1

One point to remember is that the major TO's are working on c.4% nett profit - i.e. for every £1000 they take in selling xmas holidays they keep just £40. Whilst you might want more communications / over night stays in hotels / water and food provided on the buses, more experienced reps, then unless we're all prepared to pay more we're not going to get it. How is a naive 19 year old who's only done 3 airport runs which went without a hitch gonna understand what to do when the white stuff hits the roads?
snow conditions
@thecramps, I'm not sure how happy Crystal marketing would be with the 'budget' tag that you've awarded them? wink Cost wise, Crystal are in there with the rest of the big operators, no dearer no cheaper.

@bertie bassett, If this w/end happened again in in two months time, it would be no different. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Mollerski, I get what you say, but basically all TO's are the budget end, a lot offer more, including Crystal. But a ski holiday with flights and transfers, all accom and food for under a grand a head is budget. Fact.
snow conditions
Mollerski wrote:
@thecramps, I'm not sure how happy Crystal marketing would be with the 'budget' tag that you've awarded them? wink Cost wise, Crystal are in there with the rest of the big operators, no dearer no cheaper.

That hasn't been my experience.

Occasionally Nielson are close, Inghams very rarely close, and nobody else is anywhere near.

Crystal are certainly a budget operator.
ski holidays
A grand a head is budget Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
Boris wrote:

Apparently, around these parts. Very Happy
ski holidays
maggi wrote:
Quote:
70 seater

ah but you'd be wrong, tour ops use these for major destinations like Courchevel/Three Valleys.

ski holidays
@davidof,

That's a one and half decker. wink
latest report
@davidof, Those mirrors on those coaches are known amongst coach drivers as "P45's". They are hideously expensive to replace. (typically £4k apiece for heated adjustable, and if you bend the support post, the sky is the limit), so if your driver is cautious, cut him some slack.
snow report
davidof wrote:
maggi wrote:
Quote:
70 seater

ah but you'd be wrong, tour ops use these for major destinations like Courchevel/Three Valleys.

Wow, always use Crystal/Skiworld/Inghams. never seen anything like this.
This is more like it, always been good for us. Smile

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/glasto-89-bed-super-vega.jpg
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mollerski wrote:
Boris wrote:

Apparently, around these parts. Very Happy

For new year week you'd be doing well to get a TO package for less surely..,
snow report
@Mollerski, It is really, you are obviously working class like me.
snow conditions
sequoiaboard wrote:

Crystal used one from Ailleurs coaches until it caught fire. No idea if they still contract one.
snow report
sequoiaboard wrote:

Me neither! But then even if they did use them, (yes, they look soooo posh from the outside), I bet:
the toilet is locked
the drinks machine is inoperable
the movie screen is off.
ski holidays
Boris wrote:

For peak periods, yes it would be.

I usually go early or mid January, and have never yet paid more than £450 for the package (flights, transfers and half board accommodation).
snow report
@bertie bassett, +1. From experience, it's difficult to beat the TO price for any hotel in any resort they offer. I accept that for the price paid, I may experience some difficulties - but I also believe that if the TO is suffering, then I, as an independent traveller, would probably suffer too. End of story is that I like going skiing for <£1k all in. At least, it creates the illusion of another ski trip later Happy
latest report
Quote:

A grand a head is budget

For New Year? Yes it is. VIP's guests (for example) will have paid over twice that for this week. They get bottled water on the bus as well, if you think it's worth the extra £1500. Laughing
snow report
It's not very often I feel sorry for people working for Crystal, but in this case, I do. Those 'on the ground' in the coaches trying to find out info, probably from an office in the UK, or where information is very, very hard to come by - because I forgot Crystal keep people standing by the road at each bend to give a play by play ( add healthy dose of sarcasm) .... this situation was clearly outside of normal operations and I think some people REALLY need to look at how they themselves plan things before they whinge at the TOs just because they're angry. It's not right to blame 1 person on your coach because some other guy 5 miles up to the mountain stopped in the middle of the road to put chains on, causing all traffic behind to stop, then accidents swiftly ensued by some who weren't properly equipped (chains/tyres etc) stopping the plows from getting through, causing gridlock... if you blame 1 person on your coach for this I think that says far more (in a very bad way) about you than the Rep. And as for giving out water, snacks etc. I again think it's unfair to blame the reps - since when were you, as a human being, unable to take care of yourself and buy some snacks of your own! I never travel without water and food - basics for anyone with half a brain in the land of common sense. I heard a story of someone who bought snow chains and didn't even check to see if they fitted their car, then having to drive back down the mountain and sleep in the car because the hotels were full, before attempting again in the morning... I suppose all of that hassle is the responsibility of the person who sold them the chains? pull the other one, take responsibility for yourself.
ski holidays
@Insiders,

Tis the age old problem and downside of having to deal with the general public.
snow conditions
everything is always 'someone else's problem'

Global warming.... someone else's problem
Bins get collected.... someone else's problem
Taking responsibility for yourself, your family and your needs.... someone else's problem

At what point did humans become so useless!
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
Boris wrote:

For peak periods, yes it would be.

I usually go early or mid January, and have never yet paid more than £450 for the package (flights, transfers and half board accommodation).

Exactly, the quality of service provided is the same on the £1000 peak holidays as it is on the £400-500 ones at the start/end of the season.... Budget.
ski holidays
One reason why some people may feel more aggrieved with Crystal than other TOs is that their reps don't normally travel on the transfer coach. When something goes wrong, like now, it's just down to the driver to try to sort out/liaise with Crystal.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy