Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach/Hinterglemm 2014/2015 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
daveqpr wrote:
buchanan101 wrote:
2b at the bottom will be pretty mogully at 3:30 and is steep there for a blue

Yes your right about the steepness for a blue. I remember Mrs daveqpr walking down that last bit almost in tears on her 2nd ski holiday saying this is a black run!
A nice hot glass of gluewhein in the hut at the bottom soon cheered her up

She can do this run with ease now and loves it.

Daveqpr is an unfortunate surname to lumber her with - couldn't you have taken her name?

Guides say the bottom part is really red - but in S-H it's about the steepness of 75% of blues/reds... It's a heavily used run so moguls up.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@barrymct, If you're staying in the upper part of the village (which is the best place to stay, as (a) it's on the sunny side, with easy access to the Kohlmais slopes, which are extensive and suitable for all grades including early intermediates - blue 52 being particularly suitable for progressing beginners - and (b) the other lifts are an easy downhill or level walk), I recommend that you spend your first couple of hours exploring the network of runs between the Kohlmaisgipfelbahn and the Schonenleitenbahn. Many people find the Bergeralm a magnet from 3.30pm onwards, on account of its 'two for one' happy hour drinks, its party atmosphere and its excellent food. On the way down, piste 52 takes you past the famous Hinterhag Alm, which can also be hard to resist! I would advise saving Schattberg for a day when you have more time - the red run off the top of Schattberg West leads you down to Hinterglemm, and the blue piste (2a/2b) down to Jausern can be excellent early in the day but horrible in the late afternoon. Also the short runs off the back of Schattberg can be a bit boring and the clanky old slow chair that brings you back up is a pain compared with those on the Kohlmais side.
Mention to Hansi that I recommended you to him, and he will give you a good discount.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Tatman's Tours!

Think the happy hour at the bergeralm has won me over to head up that way!

Will many of the bars out there show the rugby?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@barrymct,
Quote:

Will many of the bars out there show the rugby?

Your best bet is Bobby's Pub.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@tatman he was asking what to do for a couple of hours. Don't knowwhich lift Hansi is closest to but the hire shop we used was 50 yards from Schattberg so going up there for 3 hours last Saturday morning was perfect. Yes the chair is slow (wrongly described as fast in the Telegrah guide) but had few queues. Perfect runs there for near beginners- it's where I took my gf after her 5 days of lessons and she blossomed. Empty pistes on the Saturday whilst everyone was at the World Cup. Seen outline plans for the chair to become fast 6 sometime. If it's at all warm snow stays much better than lower runs on the north side of main valley. Shame they don't develop the back of the Schattberg - maybe when they start to link with Zell?

I do think the resort is short of runs for developing beginners. Gf was taken on to the blue 52 (after the nursery slopes) you mention during lessons. Resort best for intermediates. A paradise.

Agree red towards Hinterglemm good... More development possible there.?. Didn't try the ski route. 2b horrid late in the day but lots of the runs lower down ain't great then - shame the Bernkogel blue gets so mogulled as that's a good run for returning to the resort from Hinterglemm otherwise.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@buchanan101, Much depends on what time of day we're talking about, as well as skiing ability, appetite for apres-ski and energy levels. I assume that barrymct was referring to the period from 3pm, when a new arrival will find that they have a couple of hours free skiing on their pass that is supposed to start the following day. This is a very worthwhile bonus, which we find our guests appreciate greatly. Assuming normal conditions, and a desire to make the most of the time available, we've found that an hour or two of skiing the Kohlmais, followed by an hour or three of apres-skiing in the very lively bars on the Kohlmais side, leaves people feeling that they've started their holiday with a bang. (Then there are those who just want to get to bed after a sleepless night and a long journey!)
The Kohlmais gondola runs until 4.30pm (later than others), and the last run down is often down the Turmwiese at at around 7.30pm.
The long blue 2b from Schattberg Ost to Jausern is notoriously chopped up and gruelling late in the day, when the weather is warm and sunny. The only easy run on Schattberg for a near beginner is blue number 4, which is south-facing and can also suffer in warm weather. Having said that, it's good to hear that your gf blossomed up there, and I can understand that it's far more convenient for anyone staying down at the bottom of the village.
The majority of total beginners who stay with us progress after a day or two onto piste 52, and then the rest of the blue runs on the Kohlmais and of course the Bernkogel. By their fourth or fifth day they are normally capable of skiing over to Leogang or of doing a large part of the anti-clockwise circuit (Bernkogel-Reiterkogel-Hochalm-Zwoelferkogel), all on relatively easy blue runs. Sometimes they will then take the ski bus from the Zwoelferkogelbahn lift station down the valley to the Schoenleitenbahn in order to finish off the day on the Kohlmais. Even when legs are getting tired, it can be quite encouraging to get to the summit of the Wildenkarkogel and know that there are no more lifts - just a nice long, leisurely blue back to Saalbach with a succession of potential pit stops on the way down.
Re the Bernkogel, coincidentally I came down there at about 4pm today and found that there were areas to the sides of the piste that weren't so mogully. Being a very wide piste, it pays to explore both sides, and sometimes this may mean crossing from one side to the other at intervals.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@tatman. Agree with all that. We were there over half term week which was unusually spring like and I didn't like the slush lower down on the kohlmsis side at the end of the day. In colder and less busy weeks it would be better

Some of my best skiing was on the short reds in that little bowl on the way to Leogang. Excellent snow and only short queues (this was half term). Girlfriends kids went over that way even during lessons. They loved the roller coaster track. She unfortunately wasn't so confident and had to spend her first day of lessons fuming on that stupid little baby lift area next to the Schattberg gondola even though she had done some lessons in the UK, could snow plough and it wasn't an absolute beginners group. I reckon she did more skiing in the 1.5 days with me than on the 5 days she was in ski school. It looked like she just needed some miles.

Best run I found all week was a very short one under one of the transfer chairs back from Hinterglemm on the sunny side. No one skiing it, but a short top to bottom blast on excellent snow. Must be almost west facing.

Agree about the Bernkogel - keep to the sides; the right on the way down is shaded more and better snow.

Was an excellent week overall. Queues were a lot better than Kitz last year, and the skiing was good to excellent if you stayed high. And a week of sunshine was great for the beginners. Unfortunately for gf all her kids loved skiing even though daughter cracked a pubis bone. Boarding of course. Told her it was more dangerous...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Best run I found all week was a very short one under one of the transfer chairs back from Hinterglemm on the sunny side. No one skiing it, but a short top to bottom blast on excellent snow. Must be almost west facing.

Sounds like the little-used piste that runs from top to bottom of the Rosswald chair lift.
Your gf's experience of ski-school sounds unusual. Much must depend on which instructor you get - we've had guests who've had such a good time, being taken everywhere, that they've extended their days in school-school. The ski-school meeting place is on the Turmwiese, just down the road from us on the Kohlmais side, so it seems a little strange that the class would be taken over to the Schattberg. Better luck next time!

Quote:

the right on the way down is shaded more and better snow

In normal conditions when shade is unimportant (as it was yesterday) there is also a strip way over to the left that seems to be neglected.

Sorry to hear about your gf's daughter's injury. The only injuries we've had amongst our guests so far this season have been: 1. a broken arm (dancing whilst drunk in the Hinterhagalm); 2. a broken ankle (stumbling around whilst drunk coming down from the Hinterhagalm); 3. another broken ankle (boarding - trying a little jump on the Bernkogel). So no skiing accidents (touch wood!)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tatman's Tours wrote:
Quote:

Sounds like the little-used piste that runs from top to bottom of the Rosswald chair lift.
Your gf's experience of ski-school sounds unusual. Much must depend on which instructor you get - we've had guests who've had such a good time, being taken everywhere, that they've extended their days in school-school. The ski-school meeting place is on the Turmwiese, just down the road from us on the Kohlmais side, so it seems a little strange that the class would be taken over to the Schattberg. Better luck next time!

Quote:

the right on the way down is shaded more and better snow

In normal conditions when shade is unimportant (as it was yesterday) there is also a strip way over to the left that seems to be neglected.

Sorry to hear about your gf's daughter's injury. The only injuries we've had amongst our guests so far this season have been: 1. a broken arm (dancing whilst drunk in the Hinterhagalm); 2. a broken ankle (stumbling around whilst drunk coming down from the Hinterhagalm); 3. another broken ankle (boarding - trying a little jump on the Bernkogel). So no skiing accidents (touch wood!)

Yes that Rosswald lift piste was good - it's not really part of moving along the mountain so no one uses it.

The little baby lift - it only has a rise of about 6 feet if that - is right next to the Schattberg gondola base station and it's where the ski school selection was on the first day. She was asked if she could ski down a nursery slope and of course never having being on one she said she didn't know, so she was left down there. She's skied MK Snowdome a few times so of course she could ski a nursery slope. Apparently one group had to stay on that area - some contractual thing with whoever runs that area. They weren't happy. And then they were taken to the Bernkogel T bar area - how they could learn to turn there when the one time I did it was a schuss all the way I don't know?

There seems to be a theme to your injuries, and judging by your FB posts I am not surprised. We didn't do any apres ski save a few drinks at the bar by the orange chair lift (weird - no footrests on that or the one at the top of the Bernkogel). We both had very heavy colds (mine was man flu) which we still have so weren't quite with it...and we had kids in tow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

judging by your FB posts I am not surprised

Toofy Grin
Sounds as if you've left plenty to do next time! Incidentally there is a sense of excitement about next season already, with the anticipated addition of 43 more km and a whole new area to explore.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tatman's Tours wrote:
Quote:

judging by your FB posts I am not surprised

Toofy Grin
Sounds as if you've left plenty to do next time! Incidentally there is a sense of excitement about next season already, with the anticipated addition of 43 more km and a whole new area to explore.

And then there will be Zell.

I assume the replacement of the Ts adds to the excitement.

Any other development plans apart from maybe adding a lift back up 2b and adding one from the bottom of 68 when there is a Zell link? Shame they don't develop the Schattbergs.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@buchanan101, hey, as long as you had fun though!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can there be a more perfect day than waking up to new snow and a blue sky, setting off with your favourite skiing companion (Mrs TT) and undertaking a complete circuit of the Glemm valley, with lunch and a sunbathe at the Grabenhuette, followed by happy hour at the Bergeralm, and ending with the incomparable " Cuckoo​ " and a delicious thai chicken curry at Bobby's Pub? The only small fly in the ointment was that horrid piste 2b to Jausern, which in the late afternoon was icy, mogully and busy.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was amazing wasn't it! Hubby and I were on the 1st lift up Scattberg Xpress and went clockwise. The black 14 was fabulous. Proper mashed potato slushfest though after lunch coming back to Saalbach.

Across to Leogang this morning and currently deciding where to head this afternoon from Wildenkarkogel as was going to head to Schattberg but the sun is out again!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@handbag, Good for you Janine; good to see that you're getting around! I'm just contemplating popping out for an afternoon's skiing - I can see occasional light snow falling so I would imagine that it'll be okay just about anywhere.
latest report
Headed to Schattberg and was pleasantly surprised how deserted the black 1 was, it was in fab condition too. The blues were pretty cut up. Now got achey knees but 33km skied today so not too shabby Wink

Fully intended to see Cuckoo at Bobby's last night but was shattered. My fitness needs improving!
snow report
Hi everyone, a few questions before we go to Hinterglemm on the 21st if you don't mind.

Recommendations for an instructor for 2 beginner ladies for a couple of private lessons (been skiing for a week last year, competent-ish snowploughing on easy blues still hopefully), or should I try TT's recommended guy in Saalbach 1st, presume he'd happily nip up the road (from his fantastic guide, many thanks). Don't know much about instructor etiquette.

What are the VERY EASIEST runs easily accessible from the Ellmauhof Familienresort? Is it best to go up the Zwolferkogel, Westgipfel or Untershwarzachbahn, or walk across Hinterglemm to the Reiterkogel? Can we get to all 3 gondolas on that side of the valley straight from the hotel or do we have to get the Bergfried T-bar first? TT only briefly mentions the family run (presume blue 11) off Zwolferkogel in his guide so a little more information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, anyone have any recommendations for a hire shop in Hinterglemm. Transferring by 2 minibuses as there are 11 of us (7 adults, 4 toddlers) so can't see hiring in Saalbach being v straightforward, much as I'd like to use Hansi's. Hire through the hotel is v pricy compared to Alpinresorts, where it looks like Hervis is €20 per adult cheaper than the others.

Just a bit confused about crossing from 1 side of the valley to the other, e.g. how far/strenuous is it going across Hinterglemm to Reiterkogel from our hotel and how bad is piste 2b?

Finally, how difficult/easy is it getting from Bernkogel - Kohlmais and back?

Going to print off a list of mountain restaurants and circle recommended ones on the piste map, seem to have plenty of recommendations for those!

Thanks again in advance snowHead
snow report
@what...snow, Difficult one this, as I'm not especially familiar with the immediate environs of the Ellmauhof, but I'll have a go.

Recommendations for an instructor for 2 beginner ladies for a couple of private lessons: I'd be inclined to stick with the reputable "Snow and Fun" ski-school, as recommended by your hotel, rather than use a school or instructor based in Saalbach.

What are the VERY EASIEST runs easily accessible from the Ellmauhof Familienresort? I can't say I've ever noticed the Ellmauhof or its precise location, but I'm pretty sure that you will have to use the Bergfriedlift to gain some height and then traverse across towards the gondolas you mention (i.e. when ready to progress from the very good nursery slopes in that area. Of all the various options available to progressing early intermediates, I would suggest that the upper half of the Zwoelferkogel (piste 11) is likely to be most suitable. Piste 19 at Hochalm is also a good one, although that would involve taking the ski bus. Many of the blue pistes become progressively more challenging as they near the valley bottom, particularly in warm, late season weather, so less confident skiers may prefer to take the gondola down from the mid-station. Excursions to the generally easier slopes on the Kohlmais and the Bernkogel in Saalbach can also be considered. All three gondolas on the south side are easily accessed from the top of the Bergfriedlift by the Ellmaualm, although there will be a bit of poling/walking across a flat meadow to get to the Zwoelferkogelbahn. (It's great fitness training!)

Finally, anyone have any recommendations for a hire shop in Hinterglemm. Sorry, I don't know any hire shops in Hinterglemm. Others may be able to help. (If you're hiring minibuses, you do actually have to drive virtually past Hansi's front door on the way through Saalbach, in case you wanted to use him.)

Just a bit confused about crossing from 1 side of the valley to the other, e.g. how far/strenuous is it going across Hinterglemm to Reiterkogel from our hotel? From the top of the Bergfriedlift (and possibly from the hotel) you can ski down to a lift just by the bottom of the U-Bahn. The lift delivers you to a street which is a short walk through the centre of Hinterglemm to the Reiterkogelbahn - an easy, 5-10 minute walk.

and how bad is piste 2b? It's reckoned o be okay early in the day (when I never seem to do it), but it invariably gets chopped up later in the day. It's really only the final, quite long slope that is particularly unpleasant. It's the main thoroughfare for those doing the anti-clockwise circuit from Saalbach, as well as those returning from the Schattberg side to Leogang.

Finally, how difficult/easy is it getting from Bernkogel - Kohlmais and back? Very easy - you simply cross the main village street of Saalbach. There is a lift to take you up to the Turmwiese nursery slopes on the Kohlmais side, so you don't even have to climb up any steps, as was once necessary. It takes only a minute or two.
ski holidays
Snow and fun are a great ski school, but if you want a private lesson on a Sunday or Monday, you will need to book in advance.

While Hervis may be cheaper, it's about as far from your hotel as it possibly could be, I would guess about a 15 to 20 minute walk. Snow and Fun is slightly nearer ( by the Reiterkogel) and so is Gumpold. However, I'm with Tatmanstours on this, the ski hire in Saalbach is generally much better ( and cheaper) and since you have quite a steep walk up to your hotel from town anyway and access to a minibus I would go to Saalbach. Hansi's is excellent value, for all new equipment this year try Ski Furst, but for ultimate value, go for Mietski ( halfway between Hinterglemm and Saalbach ) .

Depending in snow conditions you can ski over to the T bar, but you will need to get this back up to access the gondola's on the beginners area ( take the track through the trees immediately to the right at the top of the t bar ) .

Conditions do make a huge difference to how difficult a run is, but the rubs accessed from the Ubahn are generally or you can take the Reiterkogelbahn up to the the chair and access the wide blue 32 which is generally pretty nice.
latest report
Quote:

Hansi's is excellent value

Tell him that I sent you to him and he'll give you a discount of at least 20%.
Quote:

blue 32 which is generally pretty nice

However beware piste 32a (the continuation of 32 beyond the mid-station), which, at least later in the day, can become a chopped-up, mogully slush-fest in late season sunny weather. Fun for some, but not ideal for early intermediates. When the weather is warm, the snow will obviously be better higher up and on the other side of the valley - i.e. Schattberg and Zwoelferkogel.
latest report
Many thanks guys, very helpful. Will email everyone about ski hire again. With 4 under 5's convenience is going to be pretty paramount at the end of a long journey. At least we leave mid-morning & arrive mid-afternoon.

A final question about blues though; what are the other blues on Zwoelferkogel and Shattberg (17, 18, 7, 4 & 2a) like? Wide or narrow cat tracks, easy gentle gradient or nearly red? Saw something on the thread earlier that made me suspect 7 is at least partly a cat track linking the two sides of that mountain, but if most of these are nice and easy, heading there would seem the best plan for the first day.

And finally, suppose I should find out about red 81/82 which is needed to get to Leogang, just in case the beginners feel like a challenge at the end of the week. Tricky or relatively straightforward?
snow report
Run 7 really is just a way of linking Hinterglemm and Saalbach, part of it is just a track ( narrow), with the huge amount of skiing in the circus , I've no idea why you would want to ski this run repeatedly, but it's fine for getting from 1 side to the other.

81 and 82 are blue - ish reds IMHO, they are wide and short, again just a link but between Saalbach and Leogang this time, but they are nice to ski as well, especially with the fun trail next to 81. I would think a competent 1 week skier could manage them on day 6. They also get some nice side of piste powder after a snowfall.

The top of the Shattberg is nice, 2a is a wide blue with a couple of steeper pitches in it, 17 and 18 are both wide and gentle as well. Run 4 is the bottom part of the link, it's a track with some slightly wider bits in it, nothing scary, however if you want yo join 2b, you have to walk up about 50m, or do a circuit on the Limberg chair.
ski holidays
@landlockedpirate, cheers. I thought it was a linking run but piste maps don't tell you that sort of stuff. I'm looking for gentle wide quiet blues and find it really difficult to judge even when I'm on the ground. I only started considering that some blues might be harder than others when it was too late to bail out last year and am trying to learn from the experience. Good news that those runs to Leogang might be on later in the week. Thanks again for your help.
snow conditions
The blue runs above Hinterglemm in the Hochalm area are wide, gentle and lovely but being south facing could slush up in the afternoon.
ski holidays
We'll be trying Snow and Fun in Hinterglemm for ski school. We're all on the upper side of intermediate but feel we need our skills sharpening. Will probably go for a 3 day option.

We've hired with Hervis, mainly due to the cost. It isn't the very closest to our hotel but for €60 saving between the three of us - a few extra mins walk will be worth the 15 beers we can buy with it Happy
latest report
to get on the main piste circuit from the ellmauhof you can drop on the run outside the hotel, ski down, t bar back up and then at the top go right and this brings you down to the u bahn or further across the reiterkogl. To access the wolferkogl from the bottom you would need to drive round through the village tunnel and park up. The ellmauhof has a hotel shuttle bus which will take you/pick you up at certain times. From the top of the wolferkogl there is a nice selection of blues down to mid station where you can access the gondola back up, or a blue down to the bottom but this gets chopped up and slushy in the afternoon if its warm.
Enjoy the Ellmauhof, superb hotel, brilliant for kids and adults alike, great food, loads for the kids to do including a lovely swimming pool which looks out onto the mountains, stunning!
latest report
@what...snow, By traversing across from the Ellmaualm, you can get to the Zwoelferkogel quite easily by poling a couple of hundred yards across a flat meadow - no need to resort to driving.
I did the clockwise circuit today and took careful note of the easier blue runs with this conversation in mind. If conditions are as they were today (i.e. sunny but cold enough for the snow to stay good on the south-facing slopes, and without many people on them), I would strongly recommend that you take your progressing early intermediates up to pistes 25, 26, 27, and 28. You can do this either by taking the Reiterkogelbahn followed by the Hasenauerkoepfl chair, or by taking the Hochalmbahn followed by the Hochalm 6er. A nice, easy run that always seem to be empty is the one from the top to the bottom of the Rosswaldbahn chair. Another possibility is piste 19, which is an easy blue and leads on to 22, accessed by the Spieleck 6er chair. No need to do the Spieleck Schlepplift (T bar).
snow conditions
Thanks for that research TT, yet more really helpful stuff, cheers. Suffering badly tonight from manflu so can't think and am off for an early night but thank you very much. Sounds like I need to get everyone up the t-bar, a couple of turns round the Ubahn then down the lift, cross the road and up reiterkogel then up the chair above and get everyone to turn left down 28. Up and down Rosswaldbahn then Speileck 6er until time for home.

Home down 22a, cross to the zwolfer-nordbahn, then 11/11a and work out how to get back to the hotel across the beginner runs? Sounds like a full day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saalbach on a saturday - can anyone set my mind at rest.

As previously discussed i've got a group in resort just for the weekend and am charged with ensuring entertainment - on the saturday we've got a lunch booked in over at the Asitzbrau/Alte-schmide, followed by a cruise back to the hinterhag for a singalong, but i've got an irrational fear that some of the bars might be dead on changeover day. Can anyone confirm that the hinterhag is still going to be full and bouncing on a saturday afternoon?
snow conditions
@tpc, It's normally as full as you would want/need it to be on a Saturday. It normally closes at the end of March.
snow report
Quote:

Asitzbrau/Alte-schmide

Outstanding choice!

Enjoy the Hinterhag, I do miss the place.
latest report
Quote:

Outstanding choice!

Well, when i found out you could tap your own keg of beer it seemed there was suddenly no choice in the matter Happy

Thanks all, as ever.
latest report
@tpc, If you go to the Asitzbraeu, rather than the Alte Schmiede, I would recommend you to go all the way down to the bottom floor, which is nicer than upstairs. If it's a sunny day, you can also access the rear sun terrace from the bottom floor. Also, don't miss the loo with a view, immediately on the right as you enter from the piste side of the building.
latest report
Thanks Tatman, it is the asitzbraeu we're heading to and i've booked ahead as we're a big group (18). If its due to be sunny do you know where the best place to ask for a table on the terrace would be?
snow conditions
Ha, yes the loo with the view! Turn around as you ski away from the restaurant down the track underneath and wave to the guys at the urinals! See if you can get them to wave back with both hands Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

(ps I think the whole terrace is sunny, but TT will confirm)
latest report
Quote:

(ps I think the whole terrace is sunny, but TT will confirm)

Was thinking more about whether there is a nice separate area with a big table to relax at...
latest report
Quote:

If its due to be sunny do you know where the best place to ask for a table on the terrace would be?

I can only suggest that you keep an eye on the weather forecast, and, if it becomes clear that it will be sunny, give them a ring a couple of days beforehand and explain your situation and ask to reserve tables on the terrace (the rear one that you go down to, not the one at the front as you go in, which is nowhere near as nice - even though it often seems to be full - presumably of people who don't know about the other one!)
latest report
perfect, thanks all
snow conditions
@HoneyBunny,
Quote:

wave to the guys at the urinals

Even better, start taking photos! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hi,

thinking about booking for a week from Saturday 14th March. what are the conditions like on the lower slopes and in general.

Cheers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy