Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aravis - La Clusaz - Le Grand Bornand - Manigod 2014-15 thread

Poster: A snowHead
It's been snowing all afternoon and evening. I reckon another 10cm so far and it's still snowing.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It has been snowing constantly right down to Geneva since midday today and it's still at it. We've got around 30cm in our garden at 800m, far more than forecast. Actually makes the next few day's meteo look a little scary. If the amounts predicted actually turn up we may not even be able to get to the slopes!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Something unexpected on the slopes today.....sunshine most of the afternoon. Mind you, snow has started to fall.....
Thanks to Loaties for a super evening!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Renry, not sure of your exact departure date but I don't think you have to worry any more!
@gvj, yes, great evening and glad you made it safely home.

Snow is still falling here in Chinaillon and looks set in for the day. Very glad to have had the unexpectedly beautiful afternoon yesterday. There may be another 'window' tomorrow morning - here's hoping. May try and venture out later on but visability poor at the moment and the Avalanche risk is 4 so maybe a good day to clear the cave out!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Col des Aravis is closing at 6pm - maybe earlier if needs be (pretty rare that this happens in my experience).

Quote:
En raison des fortes chutes de neige actuelles, le Col des Aravis fermera ce soir à 18h, peut être même avant en fonction de l'évolution, nous vous tiendrons informé dès que possible.
Merci de relayer cette info.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@miranda, Hmm. A portent of things to come, perhaps. It's certainly absolutely heaving down here - I have some errands to run, but am not inclined to run them. And if I do decide to go, I think I'll put chains on top of my snow tyres before leaving the garage.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@miranda, agreed - that is quite rare. Glad we had Andy Murray to offer a suitable distraction this morning!
Still snowing steadily and looking out to the chatalet and floria chairlifts there are only a few brave souls venturing up. Snow ploughs busy in the high street.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
all sound good. Now fingers crossed for the sun to come out from Sun 8th wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here at 850m we were just above and are now at the snow/rain line, which in some ways is nice because hopefully those travelling over the weekend won't have a repeat of the New Year "Snowmaggedon". +3degrees on the terrace for the first time in days.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@gvj, It looks as though the snow line will be lower tomorrow and Saturday. @gvj, It's going to be a challenging transfer day, but less busy than New Year, which will be a mercy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
After 2 days of continuous snow this morning is glorious - we were a bit doubtful last night when we were told by the locals that this would happen as most sites seemed to be forecasting another snowy cloudy day. Time to get out and enjoy if only for a few hours before the snow returns!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok, just to say, the amount of snow here is just plain silly, I have never seen so much snow here and neither have most of the locals I've spoken to. Powder slightly heavy low down and much of upper resort shut as Avi risk 5/5 this morning but, hey, there is just soooo much SNOW..... everywhere......quite overcome...... must go now
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wish I was over this weekend. I'm sure it will all be tracked out by next Sunday. Can't wait.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So....an update....conditions have been super all week as far as snow cover is concerned. Untracked powder still available in places even five days after the storm. All runs, including blacks, in great shape all over LGB. The generally overcast weather with poor visability at times may have kept some away.
No snow in forecast and local French half term starts this week, joined by Paris and Belgium and UK next week Skullie Time for touring or getting the raquettes out, I think.....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Warm and sunny.
snow report
Very warm and unbroken sunshine again here in Manigod. Again temperatures hitting double figures and quite a thaw going on. Pistes are holding up very good but it's awfully busy. We've been going out first thing and by 11am it's packed, hardly a parking space to be found. Just as well we can almost ski direct to the first lift.
ski holidays
Remember going up there once last year during half term, planning on some snow shoeing. Nowhere to park anywhere near the summit; had to give up and go elsewhere.
latest report
19oc today. Thaw going on. Pistes holing up. Going to be pretty icey I suspect unless snow arrives soon.
ski holidays
Well one more full day here in Manigod left, Its been good to us. I've found it a bit warm to be honest , I'm not used to such an extended run of warm and sunny weather. The kids have progressed well with their ESF instructor and with a bit of luck we might get a bit of fresh snow for our last day as it started snowing lightly about an hour ago. It could certainly do with it although I won't complain as fortunately plenty had come down prior to us getting here which has just about survived the last 5 days of unbroken sunshine.
ski holidays
@Renry, glad you've had a good week. We snow shoed up to the Col des Mouillés yesterday and La Clusaz certainly looked idyllic spread out below us in the sunshine.
Weather's broken today, raining most of the night at 850m, hopefully snow on the pistes.
ski holidays
So, vacances scolaires nearly over; time for snowHead s to venture back onto the pistes. High up on La Clusaz there was still very nice snow to be found on Tuesday after the weekend's showers. Aguille and La Balme had the best conditions but lower slopes not as crowded as expected, if a little skied out.
LGB seemed far busier yesterday, and today the combination of sunshine and high winds has scraped many of the pistes quite bare. Unfortunately no new snow in prospect at present. Fingers crossed for next week.
snow report
Anyone in La Clusaz?

We're out on Saturday for a week and was hoping for some accurate info about conditions?

Thanks!
snow report
@Blindside, I just got back from La Clusaz last night. Weather yesterday was heavy rain below 1500m. Up top, they had a fair bit of snow. I'd estimate 30cm up at Balme. Unfortunately, all the top lifts were shut. If the weather brightens up this week then conditions on the higher runs should be fantastic. Not sure you will be able to ski back in to town for much longer though.
snow report
Hi Darren, thanks for that, it sounds positive!

We are staying over near Croix Fry for the first time and planning on putting the kids into ski school there (normally stay in La Clusaz).

What were the conditions like there?
ski holidays
@Blindside, a mixture. A few of the runs had been scraped to top up the others. Not sure the rain would have helped much if I'm honest. Sorry.
snow report
Looks like this will be the destination for my 2015 ski season, anyone got any tips? Smile
latest report
Tips galore , my friend. Maybe the first should be: be specific when you post. What are you planning, working a season or a holiday? Where exactly? What do you want information about? Etc etc etc
latest report
You're right sorry, posted in a bit of haste, apologies! Going to be working a full season in La Clusaz and it would be nice to know whether you noticed a lot of seasonaires about or was it very much relaxed? And then perhaps some places to try, or other tips. I noted that Candide Thovex hails from the area, so is there a good opportunity to learn how to do freestyle skiing?

Thanks in advance. Little Angel
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any sign of a new thread starting for 2015/16
snow conditions
@Renry, Have started it.

@LeFou, Do you want to re-post your question on the 2015/16 thread - I'm sure you'll get some people along soon.
snow report
@loatie, please copy the Url here as I can't find the 2015/16 thread with search
snow report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=121699#2792659
latest report
@pam w, Thanks Pam!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy