Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
Boredsurfing.. thanks for the info
Temps rising again at the end of the week Sad
Everything crossed theres another good dump for the 6 and counting snowheads in La Plagne mid-Jan snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think we'll be ok - most of the skiing we'll be doing in LP & LA will be 2,000m plus, and it looks like there's going to be sporadic precipitation at some point over the next 10 days or so.

But, yes - I'm going to be hoping the snow genie gives us a dump around the 9th or 10th. I'm not asking for much except perfection snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For those of us that want to hook up in the Paradiski area around the 11th-18th Jan, PM me your mobile numbers and I'll set up a WhatsApp group.

I'll post the same in the Les Arcs and Montalbert threads as well so I don't miss anyone.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
if your coming out this sat then be aware another 20cm or so is due, so if driving do have snow chains at least.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it really snows again that will be great.

@AsterixTG, who are you. Safer to send pm to eachother on here or on my les arcs winter facebook page as many already do until we know eachother.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok - I'm easy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
imnotapenguin wrote:
if your coming out this sat then be aware another 20cm or so is due, so if driving do have snow chains at least.

Rain up to 1900m Sad on Friday

Snow Saturday afternoon and evening down to 900 metres

Snow Sunday am and pm to 900 meters

This from France Meteo who have been pretty accurate the past couple of weeks

http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry guys but if the snow can hold off till Saturday pm it'll give us a chance to get down the mountain. I'd rather not have another epic drive!
Don't worry there is plenty of snow from 1800 upwards.The only downside is not being able to ski right down to the lower villages & Vaniose has been shut. But we have had bluebird skies & the temp has kept low so the snow is still good especially up high.
looking forward to the empty pistes tomorrow morning. Happy new year!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CAMSMITH, Montalbert is still open!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Boredsurfing, Think @CAMSMITH must be talking about last week?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has the Vaniose opened at all over the past week guys?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@danmar94, its planned to open today: http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter/news/snow-forecast/weather-forecast.html
And i think it has been open all week - i'm sure a local will correct me if not so
(at present back in Blighty)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Woo! Cheers @Jonpim, Am staying in Vallandry next week and hoping to come over to La Plagne for an explore Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone in the LP area next week(fr 5th) spotting a mono-skier in black (maybe being trailed by a couple of feral 8-year olds), please shout "SNOWHEAD!" from a safe distance - preferably from a chairlift - as I need as much room as possible.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonpim, The VE was open then it broke. Do not know if it opened again today, but hope so as we plan to use it tomorrow!
latest report
Yes it was open today, used it , very impressive. Runs down to it where very scratchy.
Extra snow will help for next week, a lot of stones and bare ground coming through, ski's have taken a bashing, even above 2000 it's bad in places.
But suns been out all week and after the horrendous journey out we are not complaining Smile
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
imnotapenguin wrote:

Rain up to 1900m Sad on Friday

Snow Saturday afternoon and evening down to 900 metres

Snow Sunday am and pm to 900 meters

This from France Meteo who have been pretty accurate the past couple of weeks

All changed rain Saturday and a bit of snow Sunday, hopefully that forecast is wrong as snow is now very much needed Sad

Had a classic ace over base on Murs today caused by a tree root sticking through the surface Sad
snow report
@Boredsurfing, surely the recent heavy snowfall has vastly improved conditions?
snow report
Lots coming though, it's very thin or bare in places , large area on the tepals today had a sign up saying beware bare earth, on the way down to vanoise express quite a few signs up warning of ice. Lots of stones us to deal with the problem grass coming though on most runs below 2000m
More snow is needed, but I am sure it's miles better than last week.
For us the bad weather would be welcome to come on Saturday, after such a horrendous journey out and the knock on effect with fatigue and illness from staying in such a cold place Saturday night one more blue sky day on the slopes would be very welcome!
snow report
@bigtoe, sounds a bit grim tbh. Hope there is a few decent dumps before I get out there!!!
snow conditions
^^ Me too! 8 days and counting.....! snowHead
latest report
@Ricklovesthepowder, its just a matter of attitude. I suggest a temporary name-change to "Ricklikeskiing".
Before Christmas many on this forum were deploring the conditions, but we actually had a lovely time.
Yes, there were only a few pistes open, and some bits of those pistes were a bit hairy at times, but with "glass-half-full" we decided to enjoy ourselves. And did.
snow conditions
Skied from BP to Montchavin this morning. As said by others above limited runs down through the trees which were icy & thin in places. Suspect it would be vdifficult at peak going home times. Vanoise was running this morning but several runs shut.
Across la plagne the benefit of wide pistes & side "off pistes" helps to avoid the worst of the brown stuff coming through.
Having said that there is still plenty of snow especially 1800 upwards but if the sun continues & you have little/no new snow for next week I'd recommend getting a guide for a session or two who can advise where the best routes are. Our Oxygene instructor kept us busy , challenged and gave us plenty of new runs over the last few days.
ski holidays
Raining in Montalbert at present, by the look of the webcam. (It is all wet!)

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, May turn to snow around 1500m this evening ...
ski holidays
Hope some more snow arrives before 20th January.
snow conditions
@Ricklovesthepowder, me too as I'm off out there on 18th for the first time.
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, snap. Never been myself and really looking forward to it. Would love some fresh snow though to top things up and get the pistes in a better shape.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ricklovesthepowder, yeah although heavy snowfall on transfer day, they can keep that Smile
Ah well it is what it is. Going with a friend in a small group how about yourself? Where are you staying? In La Plagne itself?
snow report
Out on 24th Jan, Terra Nova, Plagne Centre if anyone is there at that time. snowHead
snow report
@Michael B, that will be our last day so won't see you but am happy to meet up with anyone else out there between 19th and 24th for a beer or skiing. Also staying in Plagne Centre.
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, 3 of us staying in Les Coches. Will let you know when out there and yes can meet up. 2 skiers and a border. All intermediate levels.
latest report
@Ricklovesthepowder, ok. That sounds good it's always nice to meet new people. I will PM you nearer the time on here if that's ok. I am going with my friend in a group of mixed levels I think they are all skiers, me and my friend are anyway.
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, yes sounds good.
snow report
The new snow over the weekend has freshened things up after the crowds last week. The bare icy patches have been replenished and the snow was good today above 2000 metres.
Hardly anybody around at the moment so the pistes should stay in good condition, the current forecast for next weekend (over 50cms) looks promising but could well change in the next few days.
ski holidays
Good luck and have fun of you who are going out there, we enjoyed our time their very much. Hope you have as much fun and hope your journey out there is less hassle than ours was!
snow report
skichampcouk wrote:
Hardly anybody around at the moment so the pistes should stay in good condition, the current forecast for next weekend (over 50cms) looks promising but could well change in the next few days.

Bergfex forecast is flip flopping almost daily. It was showing a big dump, then a much smaller one, it changed again to show 35cm and has now gone back again to a much smaller 5-10cm.

It is 5 weeks until we go so hoping for a good dump between now and then.
ski holidays
Yeah - I noticed that it's going up & down.

As said, anything more than 3 days and it's always going to be a guess.
latest report
Gaza, This is the local forecast prepared in Bourg St Maurice I believe. It is very accurate for 24/48 hours ahead. Keep and eye on the small print at the bottom of each day where it gives the rain snow line in metres. http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210

The bad news is they are not forecasting any rain or snow for the next 8 days!
snow report
back bottom
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy