Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
Yes, dumping it down in champagny this morning, looks like winter has finally arrived. The forecast is for snow all day and some of tomorrow.
Last week was probably one of the poorest weeks I have known at Christmas time in La Plagne and most of the pistes were really hard, rocky or patchy especially from around Wednesday.
Only Mio was still in good condition yesterday afternoon.

We had a Boxing Day treat yesterday on the La Plagne olympic bobsleigh run -
http://youtube.com/v/zKTQ1jyKPNU

Definitely worth the drive round to Plagne 1800.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Montchavin yesterday

Montchavin this moring

Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great as I'm off to La Plagne in a few weeks time, good to see that winter has arrived.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Champagny yesterday.

Champagny this morning

Montalbert yesterday

Montalbert this monring
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah baby - bring it!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's still snowing heavily and very few runs or lifts open so far, visibility is poor and there are high winds
http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=la-plagne&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=en
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Considering coming out Sunday 28th December, only want to go if it looks like the snow conditions may improve.What do you think ? Would appreciate an honest reply from someone in resort.
Thank you
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Essexlol, Not wishing to be rude - indeed, welcome to snowHeads, but I think you can see for yourself thanks to @thefatcontroller's, excellent contributions. That is what we do!

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Essexlol, Can't help with the report, but welcome to Snowheads!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Essexlol, Welcome to snowheads.

Those pictures are just in the lowest villages (around 1250 metres), it has been knee deep powder on the pistes in the Champagny ski area (above 2000 metres) this morning and still snowing.
I think your only problem will be finding somewhere to stay, this week is the busiest of the season and I can't see there being many last minute cancellations now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Also wondering how @Essexlol (welcome to snowheads snowHead ) is going to get there.
If by car, then worth looking at places down the valley (e.g. macot) if can't find anywhere up the mountain.
Of course: @Essexlol might have his/her own place and so accommodation no problem Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have heard (very) good reports (from a family member) about www.williski.co.uk but no personal knowledge. Just set up new business so may have availability
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just come back in from skiing knee deep powder in Montlabert village just above the trees in that picture from the webcam. Anything above Plagne centre looked closed because of high winds low vis and avalanche risk. access is the main problem at the moment as there is snow much snow falling, it hasn't stopped since 3 am, the motorway is closed at Chambery and there has been lots of accident adding to the chaos.
The snow is forecast to continue until Sunday lunchtime.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Boredsurfing, You should learn to board mate and make real use of the conditions wink Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller, Strangely borders seemed to be struggling, I guess with that much snow on top of the board it was difficult? I ended up stuck waist deep at one point! Straight back up the Monty B chair for more fun in the woods snowHead
ski holidays
Stuck
snow report
Some of the scenes around Albertville today. Just awful

https://www.facebook.com/ville.albertville/posts/867148716670792

and tonight. Gulp.....

ski holidays
Sorry stuck on route still from Grenoble. Left at 12.00 havn't got to moultiers yet. Got of the coach for a need wee and some food. Any one know what's happening I moultiers or after ??
snow report
Someone on Twitter has just said their hotel's told them the roads in Moutiers are now open and traffic's moving, but very slowly.
snow conditions
Great that sounds good. Thanks@HoneyBunny, . All fed and watered and emptied ( if you know what I mean.)
latest report
Not good, we have just been taken to a train station to spend the night in emergency shelter. They say our beds where not vacated this morning. But surely the coach we are on brought them down for them to catch thd plane we flew in on.
latest report
Our guests who were here last week left last night for Chambery rather than risking an early start this morning, they had to book a hotel near Grenoble but hopefully managed to catch their 10 am flight today. The new guests due in today decided to stop in Dijon tonight so hopefully the mayhem is sorted by tomorrow.

Talking to a lot of the locals earlier this week they weren't convinced there would be heavy snow this weekend, maybe it has taken them by surprise.
However, plenty of the French seem to have delayed their holiday by a day hoping to miss the worst of the weather.

It has been incredibly quiet in the village today, hardly anybody on the slopes and very little traffic in the village.

None of the links out of Champagny were open today and only a couple of the pistes had been bashed which was excellent for us, extremely quiet with powder skiing almost everywhere. Am now totally knackered after trying to keep up with my daughter in the powder and then having to clear the path when we finished.
I expect tomorrow will be busier but Monday is likely to be chock a block.
snow conditions
Freezing in the local albertvill sports gym. No heating at all, like a cold store. Around 200 people . Not good Crystal.
snow conditions
@bigtoe, what exactly would you like them to do?
ski holidays
There are a lot of young children here, so maybe some blankets and a kettle would be good. A lot of very young children here. Very cold. Reps here are passing what info they have over to us and are nice enough, but they don't know much at all.
latest report
Check out the Cams, man...

http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter/news/webcams.html

Looks awesome - going to be worth the grief getting there I hope for those that had a nightmare.
snow report
But just when you really need the info, it aint there! Sad
If you click on page for what pistes and lifts are open, you get this: ATTENTION : aucune information disponible dans le flux Skiplan
snow conditions
Just got on another coach to go up
The mountain. Phew
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good luck!
snow report
Whats the snow like around La Roche. Is the Andre Martzholf run skiable yet ?
latest report
50cm falls and 11am the day or so after and they have the snow cannons running in Montchavin, with more snow forecast this weekend and into next Puzzled
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller thanks for that. guess still some work needed lower down. Hopefully by the time I arrive on the 9th I'll be able to avoid taking the navette up and hop straight on to the Andre Marzholf in the mornings Confused
ski holidays
@Dounegardens, You're another snowHead in La Plagne in 2 weeks time!

That makes 5 and counting now!
snow conditions
Arriving in Belle Plagne on 16th Jan and need to sort out 7 days ski hire.

First time we have gone skiing DIY and first time sorting out our own hire - any recommendations for where to hire from? Have used the SkiSet opposite the higher level Spar before (booked via Crystal) and it was fine, but just wondered if anywhere else is 'better'?

As we will arrive on the Friday pm, ideally we would be able to pick skis up late Friday afternoon so there is no faffing on Sat morning.
ski holidays
@roguemazza, go with whatever place is nearest to your accommodation.
snow report
Dounegardens, Open today, but probably shouldn't have been! Most traffic is coming down the other one..Cornegidouille
roguemazza, as Jonpim says go to the nearest it's easiest
.thefatcontroller, snowmakers on here since 4pm with snow forecast tonight, its -7c at the mo. Lots of high traffic areas all over the domain showing the lack of a good base...
ski holidays
hey, 6 of us..... but i am doing a seaosn in la plagne and mainly lurk on here, so not sure if that counts

el pro is very good in belle plagne for rentals
snow report
and i can't spell season apparently.....
snow report
Snowmegeden over. 19hrs drive from Lyon to belle plagne saved by family sense of humour- so thankful we were traveling with teenagers. I don't know how those will small children coped.
Blue bird skies& perfect snow makes it all worthwhile.
Advice for future travelers.
Have food & drink in reserve - prepare for the worst.
We drove on through the night at 10 km\hr. Snow chains held on well. Dh had practiced in the dark before which really helped.
I rationed the food- held back the last packet of crisps & we used the satsumas for fluid to lessen the toilet requirements
Blackadder audio tapes helped to keep up the humour
Blanket in the boot helped when we finally arrived at belle plagne but couldn't get into our apartment so slept in car til office opened.
Think those coming via TOs suffered worse but we were fortunate we didn't breakdown or meet anyone coming down the mountain as we climbed up.in the early hours.
After a great days skiing its becoming bar room chat... Until the next time......
snow report
Cheers guys, just thought I'd ask before booking.
Used snowbrainer for Armand Berrad via snowheads link and discount code.

Just got to get our lessons confirmed with Oxygene and we are sorted!

@Camsmith - journey sounds terrible but glad you all kept in good spirits. We had a fun 12.5 hour drive from Scotland to Surrey due to accidents on the M6, but nowhere in your league!
We're hiring a car a Geneva with snow tires and chains included, hopefully by heading up on the Friday we will be ok even if Snowmageddon hits again!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy