Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2014-2015 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
Snowing in Bourg this morning Smile

17cm since about 3am!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Coming down well in Oz, hard to tell how much at the moment as I'm in bed with a cuppa but ploughs have been busy for a while...friends are having a tricky journey across France.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ventured out onto balcony, looks like around 10" so far & still coming down steadily snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great news, is that at resort level Nick D?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So pleased it looks like the corner has turned. Was genuinely getting concerned for our trip next week. Gutted for people on their way home today though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Russeh, yep at Oz so only 1350m, huge flakes now, looks set in for the day, hopefully! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
great stuff, just needs to stay that way for 3 weeks until we get there Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Driving down to Grenoble at 8am loads of cars driving up on side of road trying to put snow chains on just past Livet & Gavet. Now driving back to Bourg, very slow to Vizille so far.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just said on the radio that the road to Alpe d'Huez is completely blocked.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Getting a bus to either Bourg d'Oisans/Rochetaille as soon as our transfer arrives. Was originally planning on taking a public bus from Bourg but that seems unlikely to be possible now at this stage. Would taxi from Roche be best call?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So we know the roads got hit with the snow!! Any updates from anyone as to how the slopes are shaping up in ADH???
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My friend still isn't there, she set off at 7am yesterday, phone dead. Hope she's ok. Puzzled
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nephew arrived yesterday after 6 hr coach journey from Lyon, Skiing this morning was GREAT.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow looked amazing this morning Very Happy Unfortunately sledging with the kids was the closest I got to the pistes!

Police were checking everyone's car before the climb making sure of snow tyres and snow chains. I wonder if they did that yesterday morning? Road down was fine at lunchtime. Very frustrating in the morning when the car in front was doing 10-20kph in the middle of the road.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pistes seem to have been rejuvenated by the new snow but several still closed including all runs down to Oz. Didn't manage much yesterday due to it being sons birthday and the now obligatory cock-up by SATA meant our season passes didn't work. When we finally got going vis was poor on ADH side, better in Montfrais area. First lift today so will have a proper look snowHead
latest report
@Nick D, Surprised to hear runs down to Oz still closed. After skiing on Saturday we got to Alpette and they told us to take the gondola down. As we glided along we saw a ski instructor and bunch of kids whooping along the "closed" piste beneath us. Looked good all the way down.
Seriously thought about staying in the gondola at the bottom and going back up for the ski down
snow report
@1gunsalute, its due to open tomorrow, Poutran will be a while yet before lower part opens. We dropped down to see some friends whose resto hasn't yet been able to open this season (its 2/3 way down Poutran) lower half was pretty manky, cannons are running but lots of large rocks, grass & ice so needs some work yet. Needless to say our friends are pretty keen to start earning some money.
snow conditions
Anyone know anywhere you can get free wifi in Oz? The wifi they seem to have everywhere is incredibly expensive, especially since the code only works on one laptop, and on a student budget :/
snow conditions
@LeFou, try the bar @ the Hors Piste hotel (below the chalets at far end of village past Poutran lift). Usually free Wiffy with a beer Happy
latest report
Generally good skiing everywhere but high winds closed the lifts up to Pic Blanc & Sarenne yesterday adding to the congestion at lower lifts with big queues at DMC & Marmottes 1 & 2. Hopefully Alpette & Poutran pistes to Oz will be open today, low cloud at 1350 but remaining very cold so conditions should be great again with just a few bare patches here and there. snowHead
snow report
Pic Blanc lift opened this morning with 'only' a 20 minute queue so we headed up to the Sarenne. The first main pitch was very wind blown and rocky but things improved lower down and we even scored a few turns in some nice powder. The investment in snow cannons seems to have paid off and only on the traverse did it get rocky again. Beautiful sunny day and staying cold but the traffic has caused some bare patches on the lower slopes with rocks & grass again evident. Poutran piste finally opened today, many slopes still closed particularly in Montfrais sector which looks very sorry indeed.
latest report
In some other resorts you can use your lift pass from 3pm even if ts due to start the following day. Does anyone know if you can do this in ADH?
ski holidays
Hi There

could anyone tell me the best way to get to ADH from Paris ?

train to grenoble/geneva, then a bus to up to ADH is what i am looking at but i just wanted to check that i wasnt missing a trick along the way

thanks in advance
latest report
Once there we will be interested in watching some rugby on Sat 28th Feb and the following day

could anybody tell me where will be best as we will have just arrived it would be nice to able to go to the best place

thanks again
ski holidays
@rjmm, train to grenoble then bus, I'd think. the bus station is next to the train station and there certainly used to be buses direct from there to ADH, sometimes with a change in Bourg d'Oisans. Haven't done it for a long while though

going to Geneva would be much more of a faff
ski holidays
@rjmm, Echo what @Arno, says, avoid Geneva, there are direct buses from Grenoble to AdH depending on day/time you may have a wait in Bourg.
snow report
Arno
Nick D

m.o. i have mates coming in from the uk to geneva so thought i would hook up with them on sat morn after staying in geneva on friday night, i can get a flight from CDG to geneva for euro 50 !and then they have a transfer that i could get on

or get the train sat morn to grenoble and pick up the bus from there

i assume the transfer would have to pass through some part of grenoble en route from geneva alternatively i can do as you guys suggest and take a public bus i suppose thanks for the info

any thoughts on the rugby international ?
ski holidays
The Causerie - the bar just by the Poutran lift usually shows the 6 nations games.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry, that`s in Oz.
I`m sure there must be somewhere in ADH - the French are rugby mad.
ski holidays
@rjmm, The Sphere Bar in AdH usually shows live sports but shouldn't you be skiing?
ski holidays
Anyone able to update on ski / snow conditions. Forecast looking mixed and dependent on website you look at it can vary quite a bit. Is the lack of snow or above average temperatures posing more of a problem?
snow report
@rjmm, if they are driving down from Geneva they will need to go around the Grenoble ring road (Rocade Sud) so not a huge detour. Without traffic, you could probably do Geneva -> ADH in 2.5-3 hours; if it's busy with changeover traffic, who knows?!
snow conditions
@the saint, I was out there until last weekend and return in 2 weeks, not much in the forecast to speak of currently but its really needed. When we left the higher pistes were in reasonable shape despite the heavy traffic but anything below 2000m was starting to look very sorry indeed even with temps low enough to run the cannons. Lots of key linking pistes have been closed so far which over New Year meant queues at the usual pinch points - Marmottes 1,2 & 3, DMC, Signal, Pic Blanc were as bad as I’ve ever seen them. Montfrais is reduced to a couple of runs and the off piste is pretty much non-existent (La Foret & Radar in Villard were ok but have now succumbed to the sun). They’ve done incredibly well to get/keep as much open as they have done but without significant snow soon its going to become rather slim pickings, fingers crossed!
snow conditions
We're off out on the 17th, i've got everything crossed and I'm selectively choosing to believe the weather forecast predicting the most snow Laughing

This will be our first trip to ADH so i hope we get to see it closer to normal conditions than has been so far this season.
latest report
can anyone recommend some nice easy runs to find my ski legs again?
snow report
@rjmm, I would say train to Grenoble and public bus from there. There should be plenty on a Saturday. Route from Geneva to AdH doesn't need to go into Grenoble and only touches on the outskirts before taking the road to AdH. For the rugby there's an English run sports bar l'Etalon which will show it. It's just next to the public swimming pool, so you can't miss it.

Heading down for the first trip of the year on Thursday evening for a boys trip. Looks like some snow is on its way. Locals saying that there should be snow tonight and tomorrow, and then heavy snow to come in from Thursday.

@Nick D, when are you back down?
snow conditions
@Bjorn_again_Daehlie, Out again in 2 weeks, 20 of us this year Very Happy
snow conditions
@Nick D, so that'll be the Potee full then Very Happy . The missus will be down then with the girls.
snow conditions
So has the Sunday snow arrived??
snow conditions
Was raining in ADH when we left at 7am. Urgently needs more snow but we managed the whole week with full credit to the groomers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy